Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376289 times)

Get the strap

Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1410 on: April 26, 2019, 09:20:04 AM »
5 days for an assault case seems like a long time. Are there any new details? Either side close to wrapping?

Must be complications with the case if 5 days is a long time. Three different charges, each charge could take some time to go through one by one maybe? Or there's problems with the charges and evidence against Jesse and it's difficult to convict him?

I thought there's a charge for an accidental death or accidental permanent damage in a fight, maybe something is going on with that? I don't think he got charged with anything like that...

Trickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #1411 on: April 26, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
bruh any1 who swing a board a bitch nigga, less a nigga pulled a banger on u den u put u fuckin hands up and fight em u pussy

yall nigga poosy losers

dat kid who hit mans in face with the truck not man enough to take a hit himself
[close]

....jockboy
[close]

back den dey call me jockboy but fr fr u also may kno me as PLUR DADDY illiterate

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #1412 on: April 26, 2019, 09:58:06 AM »
they might be prolonging the case to make Jesse think he's fucked and take a plea deal. They need to release the tapes from GX. All we are seeing is the security guards side and his story of how he fished. What about Jesse's story and his tapes?

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #1413 on: April 26, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
bruh any1 who swing a board a bitch nigga, less a nigga pulled a banger on u den u put u fuckin hands up and fight em u pussy

yall nigga poosy losers

dat kid who hit mans in face with the truck not man enough to take a hit himself
[close]

....jockboy
[close]

back den dey call me jockboy but fr fr u also may kno me as PLUR DADDY

U ain't no plur daddy sir and I'm only gonna issue this warning once next time it's gonna be a felony citation.

GasTheHostage

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1414 on: April 26, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote

yall nigga poosy losers

[close]

Can someone please translate this person?
Hes saying that the kids are apparently pussy for fighting the guy back after he hit them in the face. The logic he is using is complete nonsense, cuz why not just hit them with a board and make it hurt more. Be patient, he has autism.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #1415 on: April 26, 2019, 10:53:45 AM »
they might be prolonging the case to make Jesse think he's fucked and take a plea deal. They need to release the tapes from GX. All we are seeing is the security guards side and his story of how he fished. What about Jesse's story and his tapes?

That's a possibility I suppose.

Expand Quote
5 days for an assault case seems like a long time. Are there any new details? Either side close to wrapping?
[close]

Must be complications with the case if 5 days is a long time. Three different charges, each charge could take some time to go through one by one maybe? Or there's problems with the charges and evidence against Jesse and it's difficult to convict him?

I thought there's a charge for an accidental death or accidental permanent damage in a fight, maybe something is going on with that? I don't think he got charged with anything like that...

The don't run through each charge one by one, the prosecutor will file all related charges which pertain to the evidence they have and the likelihood of conviction.

Usually they will over charge, something like 5-6 charges and come with a plea deal for a lesser charge to make the defendant feel like they made it out light. Often times you will see charges that look similar i.e. assault, assault w/ deadly weapon, assault with intent to cause bodily harm, aggravated assault. Then the judge or jury listen to all the evidence in the case and decide which charge fits, could be more than one charge (which would increase sentencing) or none of the evidence fits any of the charges enough to convict.

That is why I feel like this is a long trial, there can't be this much evidence. And witnesses shouldn't take very long. Usually lengthy trials come from having witnesses up multiple days trying to prove premeditated.

Just feels strange to me, prosecutor must really want this one. Wants to make an example.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1416 on: April 26, 2019, 11:17:04 AM »
it's a jury trial. obviously they're not unanimous and they're debating back and forth. hasn't anyone seen '12 angry men'?
hopefully he's got some sympathetic jurors, no punishment is gonna heal security but letting dude live a normal life, he might do some good. what's he gonna do in prison, put in work for the peckerwoods? nobody does good for the world behind bars [unless killing a child molester is doing good].

breakingthewaves

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1417 on: April 26, 2019, 12:02:03 PM »
i don't think the prosecution would let their case drag on in order make the defendant think they're in trouble and take a plea. but who knows. vieira is up on all of those charges because those are the crimes the da's office thinks he committed. of course the jury can convict on whatever ones they think he did. sometimes in murder cases the defendant will be charged with 1st degree, but the judge allow the jury to find guilty of 1st degree, 2nd degree or in some cases manslaughter. i don't know how it works, but i don't think that sort of thing is happening here.

and yes i also think this case is taking a long time, seems like a straightforward assault trial with no substantial backstory to it. however the prosecutor is establishing a pattern of behavior with 5 911 calls about skaters the day before. and the video footage is anything but straightforward. i was also curious that he was scheduled to be in court every day last week, so i had assumed the trial started last monday (doesn't seem to be the case).

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:04:52 PM by breakingthewaves »
You and your fucking radio

GasTheHostage

« Reply #1418 on: April 26, 2019, 12:15:02 PM »
i don't think the prosecution would let their case drag on in order make the defendant think they're in trouble and take a plea. but who knows. vieira is up on all of those charges because those are the crimes the da's office thinks he committed. of course the jury can convict on whatever ones they think he did. sometimes in murder cases the defendant will be charged with 1st degree, but the judge allow the jury to find guilty of 1st degree, 2nd degree or in some cases manslaughter. i don't know how it works, but i don't think that sort of thing is happening here.

and yes i also think this case is taking a long time, seems like a straightforward assault trial with no substantial backstory to it. however the prosecutor is establishing a pattern of behavior with 5 911 calls about skaters the day before. and the video footage is anything but straightforward. i was also curious that he was scheduled to be in court every day last week, so i had assumed the trial started last monday (doesn't seem to be the case).
The video is so low quality and doesn't give any information on the backstory either. You can barely tell how it started or the reasoning behind it. Seems kinda biased but still yeah it shouldn't really take this long.

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1419 on: April 26, 2019, 12:20:19 PM »
it's a jury trial. obviously they're not unanimous and they're debating back and forth. hasn't anyone seen '12 angry men'?
hopefully he's got some sympathetic jurors, no punishment is gonna heal security but letting dude live a normal life, he might do some good. what's he gonna do in prison, put in work for the peckerwoods? nobody does good for the world behind bars [unless killing a child molester is doing good].
peckerwoods? get ya eyes checked

GasTheHostage

« Reply #1420 on: April 26, 2019, 12:24:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol where do peckerwoods have anything to do with this

Black Frycook

« Reply #1421 on: April 26, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
Fucking peckerwoods smh

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1422 on: April 26, 2019, 12:29:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
get ya eyes checked

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1423 on: April 26, 2019, 12:30:19 PM »
is he brown? i only know him from that kf grind on the Lennie Kirk rail. then change it to what good can he do in prison, stab a white for the northern mexican race? same shit, nothing good about incarceration.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1424 on: April 26, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »
Trying to tie the previous 911 calls to the actual incident seems like some crummy lawyering. Do they have evidence that Jesse and his crew were the skaters that they previously called 911 for? Seems like that in and of itself would be difficult to prove. And if so what does that even mean? Are they trying to charge him with menacing? I suspect the GX vid is more exonerating than has been let on and they are trying to muddy up their argument with some bad skater kids narrative since that had legs in the media.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1425 on: April 26, 2019, 01:52:07 PM »
Trying to tie the previous 911 calls to the actual incident seems like some crummy lawyering. Do they have evidence that Jesse and his crew were the skaters that they previously called 911 for? Seems like that in and of itself would be difficult to prove. And if so what does that even mean? Are they trying to charge him with menacing? I suspect the GX vid is more exonerating than has been let on and they are trying to muddy up their argument with some bad skater kids narrative since that had legs in the media.

its been really hard for me to stay out of this thread but since i dont really know CA law or procedure ive just kept my mouth shut for the most part... however i gnarred you for this.  this is one of those things where the def attny could probably object and get it kicked out, but it makes more strategic sense to leave it in because it does not really help the state's case- and you can flip it on them to make their case look like a shit show where they are grasping at straws.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1426 on: April 26, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
Fuck all this talk, if dude would have bashed one of your relatives head in like this, would you side with him? And even if the security did start, it’s not a life and death situation that warrants this type of fuckery.

Theres a lesson here: Never go full person.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1427 on: April 26, 2019, 02:51:48 PM »
Fuck all this talk, if dude would have bashed one of your relatives head in like this, would you side with him? And even if the security did start, it’s not a life and death situation that warrants this type of fuckery.

Whether it is a relative of mine has no impact on my position. If my relative socked someone first and got socked back i would call my relative an idiot.

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1428 on: April 26, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »
Expand Quote

Yeah, only difference is dude lost half of his skull. Don’t act like a senseless idiot as if you don’t know that there’s levels to this shit. If someone slaps you, that doesn’t justify you shooting him.

[close]

Whether it is a relative of mine has no impact on my position. If my relative socked someone first and got socked back i would call my relative an idiot.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1429 on: April 29, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »
Anyone know if they were back in court again today?   

breakingthewaves

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1430 on: April 29, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »

looks like it, with a 9am court date tomorrow. been mostly relying on this, which doesn't really give much. http://apps.sfgov.org/InmateInfo/
You and your fucking radio

BlinquedIn

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1431 on: April 29, 2019, 05:53:33 PM »

also curious for updates

baggy spandex

« Reply #1432 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Someone is eager for you to know they're into prison stuff. Like they watched Oz and American History X and American Me.
and Andy Roy's nine club

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1433 on: May 01, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »
"Attorneys in the case sparred over what the multiple videos of the encounter showed in the two-week trial that came to a close on Wednesday, leaving the San Francisco Superior Court jury to deliberate the fate of the 24-year-old defendant."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Vicious-assault-or-self-defense-San-Francisco-13812087.php

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #1434 on: May 01, 2019, 06:33:43 PM »
"Attorneys in the case sparred over what the multiple videos of the encounter showed in the two-week trial that came to a close on Wednesday, leaving the San Francisco Superior Court jury to deliberate the fate of the 24-year-old defendant."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Vicious-assault-or-self-defense-San-Francisco-13812087.php

"Doctors put him into a medically-induced coma after he suffered a spiderweb-type fracture to the back of his skull and bleeding in the brain."

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1435 on: May 01, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
A lot has gone down in SF recently so it looks like I, and probably other pals, are out of free looks at the Chronicle. Can anyone tell us what happened in the case? I'm guessing it's on to the sentencing phase but I hate guessing.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1436 on: May 01, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
This is like skateboarding’s version of the OJ trial.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

all your pockets now

« Reply #1437 on: May 01, 2019, 07:05:45 PM »
A lot has gone down in SF recently so it looks like I, and probably other pals, are out of free looks at the Chronicle. Can anyone tell us what happened in the case? I'm guessing it's on to the sentencing phase but I hate guessing.

i was out of free looks as well, but was able to access the article by clicking through the link on the author’s twitter account

https://twitter.com/EvanSernoffsky/status/1123747131414798339?s=20

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1438 on: May 01, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was out of free looks as well, but was able to access the article by clicking through the link on the author’s twitter account

https://twitter.com/EvanSernoffsky/status/1123747131414798339?s=20

Not sure about that site but some online papers that do it can be opened in incognito mode for unlimited views on articles.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1439 on: May 01, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »
I just wound up reading it on my phone. I'll try the incognito mode trick on the next article.

It's in the jury's hands now.