Author Topic: Huf is done  (Read 79977 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Huf is done
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Feel bad for Austyn always getting shit axed since he left habitat
[close]

Maybe he'll just pull a Danny Garcia and bow out gracefully. Is it fucked that that's almost what I want anymore?
Yeah because he's only 27 and skating the best he ever has

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe he'll just pull a Danny Garcia and bow out gracefully. Is it fucked that that's almost what I want anymore?
[close]

I know I know. It just hurts my head to think about everyone shifting around. It also hurts my head to know he will probably not have a pro model ever again.

kookd

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »
Never been a fan of those shoes. Can tell the difference from them and Strayes/States.
I can see Gilette on Cons, Cromer rocking Adidas and Rizzo on Nike with Wilson. I don't see a bright future for the rest of the team.

euro tm

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I know I know. It just hurts my head to think about everyone shifting around. It also hurts my head to know he will probably not have a pro model ever again.

yeah a marketable guy in his prime won't have a another pro model ever again because you think so

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2018, 04:48:30 PM »
I like how everyone blames the investors and the venture capitalists, when all they’re doing is responding to how the market reacts. Skaters don’t buy Huf shoes, period. They go on super sale constantly because none of us buy them continually, so don’t be mad that a company wants to remain financially solvent by trimming the fat & freeing up some capital.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

yeah a marketable guy in his prime won't have a another pro model ever again because you think so

I understand all of this. Trust me. I'm simply looking at the remaining companies that he could possibly go to and have a model with. If it's one of the big 4 (Nike, Adidas, Cons, Vans), I can't see them giving him a shoe. Not with how stacked those teams are. I know he's marketable. I bought the majority of his stuff he made. But not a lot of other skateboarders did. So yes, he's marketable, but I see him getting on a team and getting paid to ride for them. Not much more. Unless he decides to go with a smaller company such as Lakai or State, I can't see it. However, I will add that I HOPE I'M WRONG. Part of the reason he went to HUF was due to the level of creative control they were able to offer him. Keep that in mind.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
I'd imagine Austyn would have a lot of creative control if he turned Former into a board brand. Aren't Mason Silva and Louie Lopez looking for a new board sponsor? Is the Hyperion bridge burned?
unreadable trap logo

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
So, one of the best skaters around right now doesn't have a shoe or board sponsor?

I think he would fit Krooked and Nike...........

sidneycrosby

• Rep: -80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2018, 09:15:29 PM »
We bought their product from the first run they sold to shops . From there it went uphill until they decided to open accounts at 2 different stores on same street as us . Not to mention they would charge our card without sending a invoice . HUf  was one of my favorite skaters growing up but when he came to our shop after we quit carrying HUF the only thing I wanted to tell him was how dumb they ran their  brand . I get it 1 skate shop in every city is not enough to make money but selling to whoever has a heartbeat will kill you quick . As soon as these brands go corpo no one that actually skates will wear it . I can’t believe they don’t see that . Metropolitan is a joke 150$ shit . No one in my city is willing to drop that type of money for a screen printed hoody . Can’t say I feel bad they turned into a mall brand that’s what they wanted .

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2018, 09:28:12 PM »
I'd imagine Austyn would have a lot of creative control if he turned Former into a board brand. Aren't Mason Silva and Louie Lopez looking for a new board sponsor? Is the Hyperion bridge burned?

99% sure he has specifically said he doesn't want to have it as a board brand, but i could be wrong.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

99% sure he has specifically said he doesn't want to have it as a board brand, but i could be wrong.
He said it on the Bunt. But, it wouldn't be the first time someone said or did something then ended up looking hypocritical. Just look at Koston and Nike, or Marc and Adidas.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 10:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
He said it on the Bunt. But, it wouldn't be the first time someone said or did something then ended up looking hypocritical. Just look at Koston and Nike, or Marc and Adidas.

Don’t lump Koston in on that he said around the time he got on Lakai he’d wear the swoosh if the money was right and only left cause he got fucked out of ownership of Lakai. same reason he left girl. He just wanted more input and control of the brand he was the face of.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 11:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Someone also mentioned in the Austyn of wknd thread that they wanted Mason for the third FA company but he wouldn't leave Element

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2018, 01:06:34 AM »
if its true. Damn forgot how many people I like are on huf. Hope everyone gets hooked up if this does happen.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2018, 02:57:48 AM »
if true this means discount shoes soon?...

not funny if true but totally understandable considering how big adidas, nb and nike are now

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2018, 03:36:41 AM »
Pray for Bledsoe

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2018, 04:13:49 AM »

Surf-goth

• Rep: -679
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2018, 04:17:55 AM »
I like how everyone blames the investors and the venture capitalists, when all they’re doing is responding to how the market reacts. Skaters don’t buy Huf shoes, period. They go on super sale constantly because none of us buy them continually, so don’t be mad that a company wants to remain financially solvent by trimming the fat & freeing up some capital.

I buy huf shoes
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:15 AM »
I heard from the inside that they turned down a collab with Fortnite, fearing that Epic's game would hurt their brand image. yeah… it's only the biggest game ever with a player base that crushes ever other title. And to think with that crossover appeal? Wow.
You better be joking. How is that potential collab not the worst idea?

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2018, 04:58:02 AM »
Expand Quote
I heard from the inside that they turned down a collab with Fortnite, fearing that Epic's game would hurt their brand image. yeah… it's only the biggest game ever with a player base that crushes ever other title. And to think with that crossover appeal? Wow.
[close]
You better be joking. How is that potential collab not the worst idea?

massive crossover appeal right here
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:06:47 AM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -22
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2018, 05:13:01 AM »
As of right now, Rizzo is going to Vans.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2018, 05:21:12 AM »
Nobody wears them shits unless they get em for free. Yall acting surprised is funny.

Hopefully this isn’t the end of weed socks.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2018, 05:33:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I buy huf shoes

You’re in the minority. Regardless of where I am in the world, I never see people wearing them unless they received them for free...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2018, 06:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Someone also mentioned in the Austyn of wknd thread that they wanted Mason for the third FA company but he wouldn't leave Element

Nope

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2018, 06:37:29 AM »
Something I've learned in skating is that what you see around your local town/your friends buy is usually not reflective of anything in the market or economy. People will say they never see "x" board in the wild how are they around and I'll think wow I see those all the time. It probably is also influenced by what distributors and brands your local shop is getting and selling. In the west coast my local sold out of huf constantly especially to university kids. Alot of people skating the Cromer made us all want to try. I go to a specific shop in mind in the east coast of Canada a few months later and wanna see if the prices are better. They had huf shoes on clearance and can't sell em, won't be stocking them again. Above all both of those tiny Canadian perspectives probably mean fuck all to the state of huf as well and don't represent their success or failure.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2018, 06:49:41 AM »
skaters not buying huf anymore seems kind of true. i dont see them around anymore. 2015/16 there was a real hype and everybody wanted to have some.
ive skated a lot of them but stopped, because most huf shoes just didnt last long. huf choice was decent, but on most of the shoes, the soles ripped so fasted

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2018, 07:31:09 AM »
I skate in Hufs and have been for the last 4 or 5 years. What I think brought this is honestly bad colorways and random shitty shoes being released for a season and going straight to the sale rack.

When I first got into them I received a free pair from a contest they sponsored, I got a pair of southerns blue with brown ollie patch that era the quality wasn't the best but if you look their color ways were amazing mostly darks with hits of bright colors i.e huf 1, mateo, and coopers.

Then when the team grew we saw shoes like the peppers, genuine, and hupper... The Quality got better and color ways stayed the same then they picked up Dylan and Austyn and brought the sutter in a black colorway.

This is when things got better we saw Dylan's shoes release followed by austyn then cromer and between that we saw the huge success of the classic and all the thrasher and bronze collabs of that shoe even the ftp ones sold out like crazy.

However this success changed when they started within the last year doing shoes like the boyd, there was a high top that came out that looked like a and 1 shoe... As well as doing bad color ways a recent one I saw was golden yellow with black sole or the tinman color for the dylans...

I bring the colorways up because back in 2015 to maybe early 2017 I would only buy from the huf site or shops that carried and sold out of huf shoes, however as these colors came out it was not worth pay full price when you can go on Amazon a month later and pick them up at half price cause there not selling.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2018, 08:06:58 AM »
Huf should just transform into a sock company who only makes weed socks. I'm sure they can profit off that for another few years

shit_for_brains

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2018, 08:12:13 AM »
Huf should just transform into a sock company who only makes weed socks. I'm sure they can profit off that for another few years

And then expand into footwear that's a good idea

euro tm

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And then expand into footwear that's a good idea

history repeats itself