Author Topic: Huf is done  (Read 80009 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Huf is done
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2018, 08:48:01 AM »
Those modern simple shoes are shit for skatebrands sales. We need to remember why És, Etnies and Adio made a bunch of money in early 2000's. That was poofy and criative shoes era. Big brands like Nike,  Adidas  and Vans already had classics basic shoes. When they returned on mid 2000's only relaunched classics and put skaters name on it. DC made the right choice relaunching old poofy shoes.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2018, 08:55:09 AM »
Those modern simple shoes are shit for skatebrands sales. We need to remember why És, Etnies and Adio made a bunch of money in early 2000's. That was poofy and criative shoes era. Big brands like Nike,  Adidas  and Vans already had classics basic shoes. When they returned on mid 2000's only relaunched classics and put skaters name on it. DC made the right choice relaunching old poofy shoes.

huf doesnt have a catalog of old shoes they can bring back to capitalize on the late 90's/early 2000's nostalgia

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »
damn I really wanted to see their video series make it to 999

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2018, 09:36:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'd imagine Austyn would have a lot of creative control if he turned Former into a board brand. Aren't Mason Silva and Louie Lopez looking for a new board sponsor? Is the Hyperion bridge burned?
[close]

99% sure he has specifically said he doesn't want to have it as a board brand, but i could be wrong.
[close]
Someone also mentioned in the Austyn of wknd thread that they wanted Mason for the third FA company but he wouldn't leave Element

Is this third company actually happening anymore? You know what's funny is that Austyn still hangs out with the WKND guys pretty regularly. Just go back to WKND.....
[close]

Nope

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
damn I really wanted to see their video series make it to 999

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
Expand Quote
I love Huf the skater, during his era... but Huf shoes aren't anything special. This makes sense though as I swear I saw Josh Matthews skating in Converse the other day at the park.
[close]

You sure they weren't the Hupper 2???

They look exactly like the Chuck Taylor...

They definitely dont look like a chuck at all..maybe a vans old skool if anything.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »
So they added Sully and Drysen for a year?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Technique

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Expand Quote
you arent even euro tm
[close]
He’s the Russian TM for Nike SB. It’s his job to post fake news on social media sites to lure sales away from smaller companies.

Yo, if he's the Russian Nike TM, tell him to put Gleb back on converse.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2018, 03:37:22 PM »

yeah whole thing is weird.

i like that HUF took chances on those guys, as i don't see them getting on anything else (same goes for most of the team)

cromer shoe still coming out, austyns is not.

Technique

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2018, 03:45:32 PM »
Bouta load up on clearance Huf shoes.

I made out like a bandit after MJ left Lakai and retailers were trying to get rid of his signature shoe.

Yeah, I remember that. A friend of mine bought like three pairs of the mustard/beige/whatever colorway for under 100 bucks.
And even though I'd really hate for HUF to go away, this makes at least a little bit less sad. I guess I'm boutta skate some hufs after all.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »
The Dylan’s they have left are gonna go like crazy, and I guarantee the Dylan’s are gonna have high resale value on the market. Pretty fucked up, but damn some of the ones huf did were bomb. His Gravis shoes were the best in my opinion, u couldn’t handle the swagger of those shoes. Even though everyone was hatin on em, them shits were bomb af.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2018, 04:56:42 PM »
The Dylan’s they have left are gonna go like crazy, and I guarantee the Dylan’s are gonna have high resale value on the market. Pretty fucked up, but damn some of the ones huf did were bomb. His Gravis shoes were the best in my opinion, u couldn’t handle the swagger of those shoes. Even though everyone was hatin on em, them shits were bomb af.

my only issue with them even selling the dylans presently is, he didn't approve all the colourways. always thought that was kind of wack.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2018, 07:12:30 PM »
Hof

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2018, 09:24:32 PM »

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »

i agree. the laced huf dylans were also great, forever bummed i never got any. if huf is truly done making them i might have to get some of the current ones, no matter how much my feet despise vulcs.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2018, 09:54:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my only issue with them even selling the dylans presently is, he didn't approve all the colourways. always thought that was kind of wack.

This is simply not true, he chose a number of colorways in both his shoes and sunglasses. I'll just say there was  a concerted effort on Dylan's behalf to work as long and as much as he could nearly to the end. Going above and beyond expectation was simply his style.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2018, 05:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i agree. the laced huf dylans were also great, forever bummed i never got any. if huf is truly done making them i might have to get some of the current ones, no matter how much my feet despise vulcs.

I have a ton. I used to buy stuff directly from HUF through the shop I worked at.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah whole thing is weird.

i like that HUF took chances on those guys, as i don't see them getting on anything else (same goes for most of the team)

cromer shoe still coming out, austyns is not.

Cromer's new shoe is nice too. I still plan on getting it. His current ones, in all white leather are my absolute favorite. How soon do you think we will see these guys split, namely Austyn? I have a feeling they will all wait it out and continue to skate for the team, get paid, and skate the shoes. Thoughts?

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2018, 06:18:46 AM »
i think cromer would fit in well on Krooked

Tri Star Skate Shop Sam

• Rep: -1
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2018, 07:00:44 AM »
It's sad to see these skater owned brands going this way, although I'm sure once Nike got into the market, and every grandma around the block started wearing Vans, it made it really tough to compete.
At least the company got sold and Huf himself was able to cash out instead of dying a slow death.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2018, 07:39:44 AM »
It's sad to see these skater owned brands going this way, although I'm sure once Nike got into the market, and every grandma around the block started wearing Vans, it made it really tough to compete.
At least the company got sold and Huf himself was able to cash out instead of dying a slow death.

So as a shop owner / worker can you confirm this is happening?

Thanks Again for the Gillette too just ordered from you last week. 8)

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2018, 08:30:45 AM »
DC made the right choice relaunching old poosy shoes.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »
Cant wait for their re-launch in 2020
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »
Brad Cromer would fit on Cons like chocolate and peanut butter.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2018, 04:59:04 AM »
Brad Cromer would fit on Cons like chocolate and peanut butter.

What're the chances though? I too think I would like this...I liked it when he was flow for them back in the Krooked 3d days.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2018, 05:29:43 AM »
It'll be cool to see a lot of the team in 5 years in some TWS "catching up with" and we see that they're like a baggage handler or they're the guy who goes in the subway and kills the really big rats at night. Yes I am specifically talking about Josh Matthews.

Technique

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2018, 06:48:08 AM »
How about a couple predictions, guys?

Bledsoe will probably get some vans for a bit, but eventually will end up on NB.

Hopefully the Cons deal will work out for Brad and Austyn, although I can
see Brad on vans too.

Sammy Winter is done. So are Josh Matthews and Dan Plunkett. Plunkett will probably keep getting hand-me-down nikes from Staba though.

It’s hard to tell what’s gonna happen to Rizzo, but I wish him the best. Will probably get picked up by adidas though.

I have no clue what’s gonna happen to Jake Anderson.

Matt Gottwig will probably forever stay on flow for vans or cons.

Justin Drysen hopefully will get picked up by cons or something. Or maybe the quasi plug will come through. His skating is awesome and he seems like a cool dude so I’m pretty sure he’ll be fine.

Sully might just stay Grant Yansura flow for a while.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2018, 08:21:51 AM »

Bledsoe will probably get some vans for a bit, but eventually will end up on NB.

see Brad on vans too.

Sammy Winter is done. So are Josh Matthews and Dan Plunkett. Plunkett will probably keep getting hand-me-down nikes from Staba though.

It’s hard to tell what’s gonna happen to Rizzo, but I wish him the best. Will probably get picked up by adidas though.

Justin Drysen hopefully will get picked up by cons or something. Or maybe the quasi plug will come through. His skating is awesome and he seems like a cool dude so I’m pretty sure he’ll be fine.

I never thought about using decks as shoes this changes everything
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2018, 08:58:00 AM »

see Brad on vans too.

i always thought plunkett looked better in nikes anyway. seeing him in huf was always weird to me. jake will get flowed cons from mike anderson or some shit. bledsoe on nb would make so much sense hope that happens