Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 762989 times)

Mongoloid

Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #3990 on: July 30, 2020, 05:54:10 AM »
Same trick or not, that last clip was an example in my mind of doing it proper.

I feel the same way about nosegrinds, etc. that riding straight on is improper technique.

Just one of my pet peeves.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #3991 on: July 30, 2020, 07:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are crazy. Straight on blunt variations are lame.

Gotta be parallel to the obstacle for it to be true imo.
[close]

Yeah, because everyone does fakie nose blunts/nollie blunts in the middle of the ledge.

Can you show us some examples of this?
[close]

No, because I reel in disgust every time I see a whack blunt slide, so I tend to erase them from my brain.

Secondly, I’m in bed about to sleep, let me go ahead and not dig up examples of something I find disgusting. If I wanted to do that, I’d post up pictures of the ex.

Third, if it’s in the middle of the ledge wouldn’t it technically not even be a blunt?
[close]

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. TK does a half cab noseblunt (coming straight on the back of the ledge). All I'm saying is don't most people do this particular trick this way? (or the nollie blunt version).

I can't think of examples of skaters doing this going parallel to a ledge (going fakie/nollie).
[close]

[close]

Damn, not how it's usually done, but that shit was proper as fuck
[close]

I dont think that's the same trick. Isn't that a fakie ollie to switch back blunt? Similar to what Jeremy Leabres did on Beverly Hills 9 but bs?

TK did a half cab noseblunt. I dont know if that's even know if thats possible mid ledge

They’re both halfcab noseblunts. One is from the side, one over the back. There are no fakie ollie switch back blunts. It’s just an overly complicated way of saying halfcab noseblunt.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3992 on: July 30, 2020, 08:00:50 AM »
Yearly reminder that this shit is still racist and you’re all still making fun of someone’s clear mental health issues  :)
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Mongoloid

« Reply #3993 on: July 30, 2020, 08:09:10 AM »
Yearly reminder that this shit is still racist and you’re all still making fun of someone’s clear mental health issues  :)

Well shalom to you too kind sir!

dannyprovolone

« Reply #3994 on: July 30, 2020, 08:10:07 AM »

because we are fans of Terry and his movement? please have a shalom

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #3995 on: July 30, 2020, 09:05:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, because everyone does fakie nose blunts/nollie blunts in the middle of the ledge.

[close]

No, because I reel in disgust every time I see a whack blunt slide, so I tend to erase them from my brain.

Secondly, I’m in bed about to sleep, let me go ahead and not dig up examples of something I find disgusting. If I wanted to do that, I’d post up pictures of the ex.

Third, if it’s in the middle of the ledge wouldn’t it technically not even be a blunt?
[close]

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. TK does a half cab noseblunt (coming straight on the back of the ledge). All I'm saying is don't most people do this particular trick this way? (or the nollie blunt version).

I can't think of examples of skaters doing this going parallel to a ledge (going fakie/nollie).
[close]

[close]

[close]

I dont think that's the same trick. Isn't that a fakie ollie to switch back blunt? Similar to what Jeremy Leabres did on Beverly Hills 9 but bs?

TK did a half cab noseblunt. I dont know if that's even know if thats possible mid ledge
[close]

They’re both halfcab noseblunts. One is from the side, one over the back. There are no fakie ollie switch back blunts. It’s just an overly complicated way of saying halfcab noseblunt.

Disagree with you strongly. Although it may seem convoluted on paper, they're basically two different tricks based on the difference in difficulty between the two.
For example if this were done on a rail like the person in the IG video, you would definitely call it a fakie ollie switch bluntslide. Just like you wouldn't call Koston's from back in the day a nollie 180 switch noseblunt.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3996 on: July 30, 2020, 09:18:53 AM »
Disagree with you strongly. Although it may seem convoluted on paper, they're basically two different tricks based on the difference in difficulty between the two.
For example if this were done on a rail like the person in the IG video, you would definitely call it a fakie ollie switch bluntslide. Just like you wouldn't call Koston's from back in the day a nollie 180 switch noseblunt.

This does not seem convoluted on paper alone. Is a frontside 180 switch crooked grind something else if you jump into it from the side? It's more difficult that way.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #3997 on: July 30, 2020, 09:29:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah, he cheated by coming off the end, shoulda popped out in the middle for it to count  ;)
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Mongoloid

« Reply #3998 on: July 30, 2020, 09:57:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah, he cheated by coming off the end, shoulda popped out in the middle for it to count  ;)

Fuck yooooooouuuu! But no, forreal early pop outs are dope.

I didn’t mean to go all “Bobby Puleo Skate Rules” on this thread.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3999 on: July 30, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »

asking 100% honestly, how's this racist? i fully see the problematic issues with the mental health jokes, and i know i've been guilty of minimizing those myself. but i think i'm missing the racism.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Mongoloid

« Reply #4000 on: July 30, 2020, 10:15:37 AM »
@shannamal

Terry is just too black for us white skaters to be able to discuss.

You know, racism!

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #4001 on: July 30, 2020, 10:32:13 AM »
shalom
9/11 was a national tragedy

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4002 on: July 30, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

asking 100% honestly, how's this racist? i fully see the problematic issues with the mental health jokes, and i know i've been guilty of minimizing those myself. but i think i'm missing the racism.

The fact that at one point this thread coexisted with the Raemers RIP thread, complete with some of the posters from this thread leaving messages like “get help if you need help,” “hug your friends, always,” “if you see warning signs, speak up,” and things of that nature without seeing the irony in their actions.

It’s essentially a minstrel show where the only punchline is “lol black guy can’t skate, is crazy”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #4003 on: July 30, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The fact that at one point this thread coexisted with the Raemers RIP thread, complete with some of the posters from this thread leaving messages like “get help if you need help,” “hug your friends, always,” “if you see warning signs, speak up,” and things of that nature without seeing the irony in their actions.

It’s essentially a minstrel show where the only punchline is “lol black guy can’t skate, is crazy”

i think i'm still missing the racist aspect. i'm not seeing the black man being the punch line. i'm seeing bad jokes about mental health and i hear what you're saying about the raemers threads vs this, but i think i'm just missing the racist part.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

conqueso

« Reply #4004 on: July 30, 2020, 01:19:43 PM »
TK reps peace and love

allen is just salty he made nearly 8 thousand posts and only 16 people noticed

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #4005 on: July 30, 2020, 01:24:30 PM »
TK reps peace and love, masons, Latin Kings, Indigenous people, skateboarders, Judaism.

Fixed it for you. Shalom upon you and yours.

conqueso

« Reply #4006 on: July 30, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
shalom brother

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4007 on: July 30, 2020, 06:25:14 PM »
\m/

Xoflipxo

• Rep: -73
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4008 on: July 30, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
Wow! he really had the nerve to diss Reynolds after everything he’s done for him. Fuck TK!

Niggas up here saying fuck tk for being a real nigga ahahaha at least He not manipulating his mental state to the public eye unlike most successful niggas.... but that’s okay we got tk on the line he may come ride for the big dogs

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #4009 on: July 30, 2020, 06:42:29 PM »
2020 sucks

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4010 on: August 01, 2020, 01:18:13 AM »
A booger noseblunt slide any fucking where you wanna do it is called a shalom slide. That comes from somewhere earlier in this thread. TK is just staying on brand with that half cab noseblunt slide.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #4011 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:58 AM »
A booger noseblunt slide any fucking where you wanna do it is called a shalom slide. That comes from somewhere earlier in this thread. TK is just staying on brand with that half cab noseblunt slide.

Wish you guys got to see the switch noseblunt he did on the same ledge. It was on his Insta story. Full booger
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #4012 on: August 01, 2020, 04:57:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Wow! he really had the nerve to diss Reynolds after everything he’s done for him. Fuck TK!
[close]

Niggas up here saying fuck tk for being a real nigga ahahaha at least He not manipulating his mental state to the public eye unlike most successful niggas.... but that’s okay we got tk on the line he may come ride for the big dogs

Nice to see you not promoting rape in here but I want to ask you a question. This is in no way me trying to insult or make fun of you but is this how you speak in real life? Do you talk and interact with people like this?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #4013 on: August 01, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
kennedy klansman

9/11 was a national tragedy

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #4014 on: August 01, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »
kennedy klansman

Fakie K grinds are shalom as fuck.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #4015 on: August 01, 2020, 05:19:19 PM »
THATS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU FUCK WITH BAKER @realskateboards @realflysociety @nickydiamonds @diamondsupplyco @versace @indigenouscultures
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #4016 on: August 20, 2020, 09:10:00 PM »
You know what the opposite of shalom is? This thread not on the front page.

🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯🔯

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #4017 on: August 20, 2020, 09:21:13 PM »
shalom! Jani on Kennedy

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
« Reply #4018 on: August 20, 2020, 09:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
kennedy klansman

[close]

Fakie K grinds are shalom as fuck.

Also, this park is pretty shalom if it is empty and not insanely crowded.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #4019 on: August 21, 2020, 06:32:26 AM »
shalom! Jani on Kennedy

Haha what's this guys deal? Committed Zionost or hit his head a few too many times?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps