Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 769769 times)

generic_ocount

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #5160 on: August 03, 2021, 05:58:46 AM »
How is slap saying shalom to blame? Like tk said it as a goodwill type thing slap adopted it. How is that bad?

Also I think some of you need to understand correlation doesn’t equal causation.

TK would say some unhinged shit and bookend it with "shalom", the whole shalom period had lots of lines and quotes filled with delusional grandeur and his glassy-eyed stare into his camera phone.

If you genuinely thought this was an optimistic face turn for TK at the time, I don't blame you but it does mean you're  regular or socially inept.

Again there was a time period where he threatened his wife on several different occasions, people here joked about it saying that he had "put a green light on her" or how it wasn't "shalom". If you want to talk about enabling or witnessing as a cause for what happened, I would at least look to the people here who allowed or encouraged the online carnival show to continue.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5161 on: August 03, 2021, 06:06:56 AM »
Your farts must smell like roses.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5162 on: August 03, 2021, 06:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote
How is slap saying shalom to blame? Like tk said it as a goodwill type thing slap adopted it. How is that bad?

Also I think some of you need to understand correlation doesn’t equal causation.
[close]

TK would say some unhinged shit and bookend it with "shalom", the whole shalom period had lots of lines and quotes filled with delusional grandeur and his glassy-eyed stare into his camera phone.

If you genuinely thought this was an optimistic face turn for TK at the time, I don't blame you but it does mean you're  regular or socially inept.

Again there was a time period where he threatened his wife on several different occasions, people here joked about it saying that he had "put a green light on her" or how it wasn't "shalom". If you want to talk about enabling or witnessing as a cause for what happened, I would at least look to the people here who allowed or encouraged the online carnival show to continue.

I don’t remember him green lighting then saying shalom in the same post . Also I love that you call me regular while on your high horse being a white knight. That’s some next level hypocrisy. So if I do something in the future I hope you feel guilty for my actions.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5163 on: August 03, 2021, 06:26:27 AM »
Commenting here to argue over whether or not you or slap as a whole was responsible is just making the situation now about you. Best to just donate as much as you can to this gofundme if you want to insert yourself into what happened. RIP Josiah.

This thread should be deleted or locked as nothing productive can come from it anymore.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-support-josiah-kassahuns-family?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #5164 on: August 03, 2021, 06:39:10 AM »
Commenting here to argue over whether or not you or slap as a whole was responsible is just making the situation now about you. Best to just donate as much as you can to this gofundme if you want to insert yourself into what happened. RIP Josiah.

This thread should be deleted or locked as nothing productive can come from it anymore.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-support-josiah-kassahuns-family?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5165 on: August 03, 2021, 07:18:41 AM »
tk didnt start the word Shalom …it was a meme here for the most part and the thread tried to prop up his skating

Now seeing his actions the jokes are probably over and most of us adults recognize this

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1388
« Reply #5166 on: August 03, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »
Agreed. Lock this shit down.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #5167 on: August 03, 2021, 07:43:01 AM »
Agreed as well...

Can this thread be locked or set up to redirect to the Go Fund Me page for Josiah's family?
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-support-josiah-kassahuns-family

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5168 on: August 03, 2021, 07:56:19 AM »
Nope.. im pretty good with the jokes and such. The shaloms can and will continue.

Were random peoples on an internet forum discussing the ins and outs of whatever. Tk was a topic worthy of discussion. Its not our job or responsibility to only focus on the good and exist for the betterment of the world.

If the industry heads, past friends or current friends couldnt pull that dope to the side put a mirror on the meme that was his personality, find him a warehouse job and tell him to grow the fuck or end up the annoying old guy with no life skills then you really think the opinion of an avatar on here is going to have the reach to adjust his way of thinking for the good or bad your out of your mind..

And for real though.. whys he meeting folks in a motel of all places. 3 things happen in motels, travelling salesman, some suspect fucking and money exchange, or a good end to a date with a girl you arent quite ready to let know where you live yet.

G raham

• Rep: -48
Re: T.K murder charges
« Reply #5169 on: August 03, 2021, 08:14:57 AM »
Incredibly sad.

Has he been back on drugs recently did I read somewhere? I remember when he was sober mind powers
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #5170 on: August 03, 2021, 08:15:18 AM »
What would be the point of deleting the thread now?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5171 on: August 03, 2021, 08:15:52 AM »
it’s crazy like

k-nutz

• Rep: 54
« Reply #5172 on: August 03, 2021, 08:22:30 AM »

A new thread would be created immediately to follow the court case.  I think this would be white washing the history of how it unfolded.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5173 on: August 03, 2021, 08:23:36 AM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5174 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A new thread would be created immediately to follow the court case.  I think this would be white washing the history of how it unfolded.
itd be exactly like the jarne thing where people were giving that magazine that interviewed him shit about deleting the interviews.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #5175 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm sure everyone on here that ripped Terry apart dont want to appear on tv from a list in a court room.

Too late.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5176 on: August 03, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »
https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/03/terry-kennedy-alleged-murder-victim-family-sues-skateboarder-wrongful-death/

Seems that Josiah's family are suing Terry. Good. Fuck Terry.

good for the family, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to be able to collect on this, seeing as how he couldn't even afford to bail himself out of jail.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5177 on: August 03, 2021, 09:30:49 AM »

I don't know about deleting, but maybe locked?

The point is that the thread basically meme'd TK's left field Insta posts, starting from when he quit Baker... and whether or not people should continue the memes is a little fucked...

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #5178 on: August 03, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »
Expand Quote

good for the family, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to be able to collect on this, seeing as how he couldn't even afford to bail himself out of jail.

Not sure about IL but in a lot of states if he were to ever get work release where he could potentially make money (even if it were very little) his wages would be garnished to pay the family. Preventing it from being "put on his books" or his commissary account. Meaning he would only get what the state provides as far as food and necessities. He wouldn't be able to get any extra food or drinks or even splurge for the name brand items. Meaning a rougher time in prison.

Here is a list of commissary items with prices as reference
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dub/DUB_CommList.pdf

And if there is still debt owed after leaving prison that wage garnishment would stay in place until paid. A lot of prisoners pay these off well after being released, if at all. So theses types of things stay around for life and they have to see that every time they get a pay check.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #5179 on: August 03, 2021, 09:57:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hug your friends, tell them you love them.
Reach out and get help if you need it.

The brain is just like any other organ, it can stop working properly. End the stigma of mental health.

Oh wait, this is the TK thread. Forgot the astounding double standard.
[close]

This post needs to be on every page.

Shalom.
[close]
[close]

This shouldn’t have happened. Someone should have stepped in.

RIP Josiah.

So sad, I hope Josah's family and friends can one day find peace and heeling in this lifetime. Let's not forget Jaden Man, Phylis Rose, and MsSarahthe1, so very tragic for them as well.

When can this officially become a “fuck TK” thread?

it became that for me the min this story came out.

Do Not Free TK

Expand Quote
Not gonna lie this thread's kinda fucking disgusting considering how this shit ended.
[close]

I been following this thread ever since I just lurked on here, it's incredibly tragic. Ups and downs have gone on...but not this low, it really is pretty disgusting at this point, and a little embarrassing imo, we've had a laugh over the years, but this is what it come to...nothing funny anymore about any of this. RIP to Josiah, people that knew him are showing up here now and they deserve to have a place on slap to show their love, away from this, so I hope they make a thread for him.

150% this
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 10:31:54 AM by figureitout »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #5180 on: August 03, 2021, 10:09:45 AM »
if all of you that want this thread killed just stop fucking posting in it, it'll move to the second page, and won't be a thing any more.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5181 on: August 03, 2021, 10:13:29 AM »
This whole situation is beyond tragic. R.I.P to Josiah, he seemed like a really well loved and respected guy, stuff that goes way beyond just skating. I’m heartbroken for his family and all of you guys here that knew him personally. We need more people like Josiah in every aspect of every community. Good hearted, good natured people. Rest easy, Josiah.

Goddamn it, TK, why did you have to let the story end like this? A big part of me was always hoping for that redemption arc one day, where we got to see Terry actually skating and being his old self again, and finding some legitimate help for his deteriorating state of mental health; now I don’t even want to fucking look at the guy. Whatever bed he’s made for himself, he deserves to lay in it at this point. Man, shit like this just makes your head hurt.

fs_filip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5182 on: August 03, 2021, 11:45:44 AM »
This whole situation is beyond tragic. R.I.P to Josiah, he seemed like a really well loved and respected guy, stuff that goes way beyond just skating. I’m heartbroken for his family and all of you guys here that knew him personally. We need more people like Josiah in every aspect of every community. Good hearted, good natured people. Rest easy, Josiah.

Goddamn it, TK, why did you have to let the story end like this? A big part of me was always hoping for that redemption arc one day, where we got to see Terry actually skating and being his old self again, and finding some legitimate help for his deteriorating state of mental health; now I don’t even want to fucking look at the guy. Whatever bed he’s made for himself, he deserves to lay in it at this point. Man, shit like this just makes your head hurt.

we all did...

R.I.P. Josiah

Boyd

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5183 on: August 03, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote

Heavy
[close]
What was the post?

I think it's time this thread wraps up. It was funny at first, but the more and more this goes on it's extremely evident we have something big and possibly deadly on the way.

:'(

InfiniteSadness

• Rep: -8
« Reply #5184 on: August 03, 2021, 02:17:14 PM »
Do the mint Supra TK Skytops in my closet go up or down in value now?  Thinking about donating the proceeds to Josiah.

What size?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • old and in the way
« Reply #5185 on: August 03, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »
I'm wondering if we could do some kind of Slap charity to raise money for Josiah's people? I would gladly donate some things to sell in an online benefit with all the proceeds going to the family of the departed. Any of you all have any experience organizing something like that?

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #5186 on: August 03, 2021, 03:47:58 PM »
I'm wondering if we could do some kind of Slap charity to raise money for Josiah's people? I would gladly donate some things to sell in an online benefit with all the proceeds going to the family of the departed. Any of you all have any experience organizing something like that?

here’s the link if you haven’t seen this yet. his family wanted the money to go towards a memorial, most likely at GE park instead of his funeral.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #5187 on: August 03, 2021, 04:59:16 PM »
Do the mint Supra TK Skytops in my closet go up or down in value now?  Thinking about donating the proceeds to Josiah.

TK Skytops?  You mean the Tk hightop pro model ("The Society"), or like actual Supra "Skytops"? The Skytops are by the Muska. The Society were a barf rip off version of Margiela's (french lux fashion house).

The skytops were more popular, but really can't see either of those shoes appreciating in value... at least for now, no dis to Muska
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 05:41:13 PM by R3dBullRox420 »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • old and in the way
« Reply #5188 on: August 03, 2021, 05:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

here’s the link if you haven’t seen this yet. his family wanted the money to go towards a memorial, most likely at GE park instead of his funeral.

thanks $$LESH

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #5189 on: August 03, 2021, 06:07:55 PM »
Expand Quote
you mean "we"
[close]

Nah they’re are cool posters but for the most part everyone just loves to talk down on skaters going through a hard time in their lives. I feel like I’m in the minority because I like posting about being stoked and supporting the skaters I love.

fine, but yr original post lumped all of slap in with some bullshit. supporting the skaters you love sounds good to me.