Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 765589 times)

HeapsCool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #5190 on: August 03, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »
Fuck this thread.

170 pages of giggling about a very public mental breakdown ends in murder.

I think most of you are adult men. If you can't understand how 170 pages of commentary on someones bipolar disorder isn't going to help that person, or anyone, you're fucked. Accept it.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #5191 on: August 03, 2021, 06:25:49 PM »
k

Lil Ricky

• Rep: -216
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #5192 on: August 03, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
Shalom

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #5193 on: August 03, 2021, 06:52:33 PM »

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #5194 on: August 03, 2021, 06:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Shalom
[close]

honestly fuck off

Nah. Shalom has aways been a positive thing around here and if you don't like it, you can fuck of.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #5195 on: August 03, 2021, 07:31:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shalom
[close]

honestly fuck off
[close]

Nah. Shalom has aways been a positive thing around here and if you don't like it, you can fuck of.

Focus your busted ass fresh account. We know it's been positive but it's obviously tainted by the fact that the guy who started it killed someone. Shut the fuck up and can we lock this goddamn thread already. We're just going to have stupid bullshit like this

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #5196 on: August 03, 2021, 07:32:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shalom
[close]

honestly fuck off
[close]

Says the guy with 8 posts

Lil Ricky

• Legends Never Die
« Reply #5197 on: August 03, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shalom
[close]

honestly fuck off
[close]

[close]

Focus your busted ass fresh account. We know it's been positive but it's obviously tainted by the fact that the guy who started it killed someone. Shut the fuck up and can we lock this goddamn thread already. We're just going to have stupid bullshit like this

Shalom, and I hope you can get some help for your anger issues.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -234
« Reply #5198 on: August 03, 2021, 08:14:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What would be the point of deleting the thread now?
[close]

A new thread would be created immediately to follow the court case.  I think this would be white washing the history of how it unfolded.
[close]

I'm sure everyone on here that ripped Terry apart dont want to appear on tv from a list in a court room.

Too late.

I guess I missed the part of the OJ trial where they decided the whole thing was the fault of reporters that wrote negative things about the juice…. Oh wait

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5199 on: August 03, 2021, 09:45:23 PM »
TK's murder of a young Illinois skater doesn't solely stem from his mental health issues. There is no need to recreate the myth that all those who suffer from mental health issues are dangerous or the simple belief crime is all individual pathology, which absolves the structure of society of any role in creating this moment. There is more to TK's terrible actions than just mental health problems.

His individual characteristics, his socialization, his history, the society he lives in, and the mundane choices he made that day all brought TK to commiting an atrocious act that took a young skater's life. TK created an insanely dark moment in skateboarding but the simple belief it was all because of his mental health is too simplistic.

There also seems to be a belief that every joke TK ever made, every eccentric thing he ever did (a man who made his living from his over the top persona), and every action he ever did was due to his mental illness. Once again, we make it seem that those with mental health issues are always unable to understand their behaviors or understand how others might interpret them/their actions. There is no chance TK understood the absurdity of some of his antics? and there is no possiblity TK was laughing with us at some of his actions? Dude was crying out and was beyond miserable at times (posting photos of the baby mama without her being into it) but he had his ups as well that we could all share.

I followed this thread closely because celebrating TK's ups was fun, his eccentric behaviors were entertaining (just as they were when he was part of Baker), his addictions and mental health break downs were sad, and for the hope his story would end on a better note even though it was becoming less and less likely as time went by.

To retroactively assign guilt to anyone who ever laughed at one of this dude's jokes is absurd. For better/worse TK always had an eccentric persona.

The question isn't whether or not someone laughed at some silly shit he said/did in past or who watched in disbelief at some sad moment in his life that he broadcasted via IG, the question is how do we react to him now and honor the dude he murdered? Unless someone was hoping for tragedy or was encouraging TK's worst actions, the real question is how do we act to respect his victim? And it seems we've already started down that path by discontinuing any use of the catch phrases he coined and SLAP ran with and by promoting the GoFundMe to honor Josiah.

Edit: Although, thinking about it and seeing where things led... TK's greenlight of his baby mama was probably the appropriate point cut this dude off. My only excuse is that TK's goofy ass persona made it hard to internalize how dangerous he could be. He wasn't just some suburban kid playing gangster like a lot of his peers. Looking back, I'm glad we aren't discussing some horrible event that includes his baby momma as well.

And maybe that goofy ass persona was his way of dealing with the threat he faced and that he in turn created in order to negotiate the scary world he existed in. Maybe, getting shot was more serious than he let on in Baker 3. Maybe, "Compton Ass" Terry needed help gaining and retaining distance from that world right then.

I don't know. I didn't realize TK was capable of taking someone's life.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 10:26:21 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Opinionated B

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5200 on: August 03, 2021, 10:19:10 PM »
Glad to see the thread has mostly become our resident would be Tucker Carlsons  (and a few newcomers) trying out their new material by attempting to turn TK's murder of a Illinois skater into a culture war and an absurd attempt to claim some moral high ground as great people since they really respect others.

TK's murder of a young Illinois skater doesn't solely stem from his mental health issues. There is no need to recreate the myth that all those who suffer from mental health issues are dangerous or the simple belief crime is all individual pathology, which absolves the structure of society of any role in creating this moment. There is more to TK's terrible actions than just mental health problems.

His individual characteristics, his socialization, his history, the society he lives in, and the mundane choices he made that day all brought TK to commiting an atrocious act that took a young skater's life. TK created an insanely dark moment in skateboarding but the simple belief it was all because of his mental health is too simplistic.

There also seems to be a belief that every joke TK ever made, every eccentric thing he ever did (a man who made his living from his over the top persona), and every action he ever did was due to his mental illness. Once again, we make it seem that those with mental health issues are always unable to understand their behaviors or understand how others might interpret them/their actions. There is no chance TK understood the absurdity of some of his antics? and there is no possiblity TK was laughing with us at some of his actions? Dude was crying out and was beyond miserable at times (posting photos of the baby mama without her being into it) but he had his ups as well that we could all share.

I followed this thread closely because celebrating TK's ups was fun, his eccentric behaviors were entertaining (just as they were when he was part of Baker), his addictions and mental health break downs were sad, and for the hope his story would end on a better note even though it was becoming less and less likely as time went by.

To retroactively assign guilt to anyone who ever laughed at one of this dude's jokes is absurd. For better/worse TK always had an eccentric persona.

The question isn't whether or not someone laughed at some silly shit he said/did in past or who watched in disbelief at some sad moment in his life that he broadcasted via IG, the question is how do we react to him now and honor the dude he murdered? Unless someone was hoping for tragedy or was encouraging TK's worst actions, the real question is how do we act to respect his victim? And it seems we've already started down that path by discontinuing any use of the catch phrases he coined and SLAP ran with and by promoting the GoFundMe to honor Josiah.

Edit: Although, thinking about it and seeing where things led... TK's greenlight of his baby mama was probably the appropriate point cut this dude off. My only excuse besides not always seeing (blatantly obvious and terrifying) gender issues clearly, TK's goofy ass persona made it hard to internalize how dangerous he could be. He wasn't just some suburban kid playing gangster. And maybe that goofy ass persona was his way of dealing with the threat he faced and that he in turn created. Maybe, getting shot was more serious than he let on in Baker 3.

A kid is dead, i dont give a fuck about his mental health, fuck tk

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #5201 on: August 04, 2021, 12:30:06 AM »
TK got discussed on No Jumper tonight, at like 58:00

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -234
« Reply #5202 on: August 04, 2021, 01:08:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Glad to see the thread has mostly become our resident would be Tucker Carlsons  (and a few newcomers) trying out their new material by attempting to turn TK's murder of a Illinois skater into a culture war and an absurd attempt to claim some moral high ground as great people since they really respect others.

Edit: Although, thinking about it and seeing where things led... TK's greenlight of his baby mama was probably the appropriate point cut this dude off. My only excuse besides not always seeing (blatantly obvious and terrifying) gender issues clearly, TK's goofy ass persona made it hard to internalize how dangerous he could be. He wasn't just some suburban kid playing gangster. And maybe that goofy ass persona was his way of dealing with the threat he faced and that he in turn created. Maybe, getting shot was more serious than he let on in Baker 3.
[close]

And this right here is why america has an incarceration problem folks

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5203 on: August 04, 2021, 02:45:13 AM »
Expand Quote
When TK does a gator this thread will not age well
[close]

hi

it did not age well

generic_ocount

• Rep: -25
« Reply #5204 on: August 04, 2021, 03:49:58 AM »

Edit: Although, thinking about it and seeing where things led... TK's greenlight of his baby mama was probably the appropriate point cut this dude off. My only excuse is that TK's goofy ass persona made it hard to internalize how dangerous he could be. He wasn't just some suburban kid playing gangster like a lot of his peers. Looking back, I'm glad we aren't discussing some horrible event that includes his baby momma as well.

And maybe that goofy ass persona was his way of dealing with the threat he faced and that he in turn created in order to negotiate the scary world he existed in. Maybe, getting shot was more serious than he let on in Baker 3. Maybe, "Compton Ass" Terry needed help gaining and retaining distance from that world right then.

I don't know. I didn't realize TK was capable of taking someone's life.

That was a really lame thing to write.

From the very first page of this entire thread, people were skeptical about a continued laugh at his ordeal & some people knew it wasn't funny and that it wasn't going to end well

There was a ghastly naive approach to the humor in this thread even after clear signs of intent to do harm were made.

This forum is not the only place where the current states of guys like TK and Bam are being discussed. It's the only place however where continued degradation of characters (wayyy past the point of them being defamed/irredeemable) is encouraged to go on.

My take on it is that people here need TK and Bam to go on so they can think "wow.. at least I didn't screw up as bad as them"

It's the lowest of the low, especially when guys like you are saying stuff like "I didn't know TK was actually dangerous, please don't stigmatize mental health because of this!".You're a clown and your last paragraph is a pathetic rationalization that any half-decent person reading would grimace at. 

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5205 on: August 04, 2021, 04:09:08 AM »
Please, o sanctimonious one, teach us how to be better pals.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #5206 on: August 04, 2021, 04:31:41 AM »
I read we should have been better pals.
But what were our options?

If people close to him couldn't even reach out, what could an online forum with people that never met him do?

A genuine and serious question, because let's be honest:
There's still a Bam, Slash, Twuan etc. out there who are NOT doing great (to say the least), and who we're making fun of as well ...

k-nutz

• Rep: 53
« Reply #5207 on: August 04, 2021, 05:24:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

And this right here is why america has an incarceration problem folks

What was his BET show like? Was there any drama or warning signs? I wonder if stuff got edited out. 

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5208 on: August 04, 2021, 05:50:08 AM »
Has anyone else seen these weird insta live things his “manager” has been doing under TK’s account? It’s a weird group chat of self-promotion and downplaying TK’s actions as “skaters fight sometimes, it happens.”

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5209 on: August 04, 2021, 07:00:22 AM »

If people close to him couldn't even reach out, what could an online forum with people that never met him do?

There's still a Bam, Slash, Twuan etc. out there who are NOT doing great (to say the least), and who we're making fun of as well ...

Also with TK, his style of comedy was already so bizarre when he was perceived as healthy (I remember him putting a giant gang flag on an elephant in 2004) that it’s understandable that the lines where blurred when he was kooking it.

People would have been concerned earlier if someone more chill was going to war against Rolling 60’s and trying to green light Snoop Dogg.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5210 on: August 04, 2021, 07:26:11 AM »
I was off the grid for a few days and just logged back onto Slap and saw this...

This is absolutely heartbreaking.... Rest in Peace to Josiah. And I'm truly sorry for his friends and family that are having to deal with this tragic situation.

I watched some of the IG clips and this kid had a boss ass treflip. Respect Josiah. Respect.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #5211 on: August 04, 2021, 07:29:03 AM »
The only other thing Slap pals could’ve done would’ve been to turn a blind eye and pretend it wasn’t happening but EITHER WAY THE OUTCOME WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME

It is a tragic situation but there is nothing anyone here could have done. Get off your high horses, some of you are more concerned with pointing the blame at your peers than mourning the loss of this young man.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #5212 on: August 04, 2021, 08:33:41 AM »

Yea I was going to point this out as well, and Twuan seems (given the Epicly later'd doc) to be more fucked up in the head when it comes to violence.   

There are levels to mental illness and it appeared to me TK was just suffering from being a washed up skater or celebrity, and was being "hood" mainly to get attention through antics.  On social media drama gets more attention. Im clearly no psychologist but IMO his real issue is probably his anger management. 

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #5213 on: August 04, 2021, 08:39:03 AM »

SHRED IN PEACE JOSIAH

@cherry Somewhat insightful commentary but that comment about Nakel you snuck in at the end was v sus.
How is Nakel glorifying murder/gang shit tho? Is that the default interpretation for an angry black man who makes rap these days?

"All the days we was pressed for the rent  / put pressure on me as a child when I needed to do my shit / Just a young nigga out living wild / No gun and still made all of this" - 3rd last track on A Dream No Longer Deferred
[/quote]

Scrap what I said, it was out of shock. I’ve never heard one nakel song and was assuming.

This is rad, front smith and hardflip in a line! Seems like the person you would meet at the park early afternoon and get along with easy. Rip

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #5214 on: August 04, 2021, 10:18:29 AM »
Looks like he is being charged with first degree murder, don't think anyone mentioned this earlier

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/02/terry-kennedy-charged-with-first-degree-murder-skateboarding/

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #5215 on: August 04, 2021, 03:39:53 PM »
Looks like he is being charged with first degree murder, don't think anyone mentioned this earlier

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/02/terry-kennedy-charged-with-first-degree-murder-skateboarding/
Not shocking to charge him with the heaviest thing possible. His lawyers will obviously try to claim not mentally competent or get it down to manslaughter.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5216 on: August 04, 2021, 04:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not shocking to charge him with the heaviest thing possible. His lawyers public defender will obviously try to claim not mentally competent or get it down to manslaughter.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #5217 on: August 04, 2021, 04:20:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not shocking to charge him with the heaviest thing possible. His lawyers will obviously try to claim not mentally competent or get it down to manslaughter.

that defense will not work, in the US its almost impossible to prove you had a mental breakdown during a time of murder.  If the cops are good they will prove how mentally competent he was during arrest,

there is no shot they will lower to manslaughter ...Tk will most likely get charged and sentenced w 2nd degree

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #5218 on: August 04, 2021, 04:24:59 PM »
this shit is wild

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #5219 on: August 04, 2021, 04:43:25 PM »
I don't think he'll be found incompetent to stand trial. The bar for competency is super low. "It is generally a low-level standard that requires merely that a defendant understands the proceedings against him -- that he is being tried for a crime, and the relative roles of prosecutor, defense attorney, and judge -- and be able to assist his attorney in his defense. "

And lack of competency seems to primarily result in a delay of trial rather than act as a get out of jail free card. And, it is different than the insanity plea, which is rarely used and seldom successful.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/faqs.html

My basic guess is that the prosecutor wants TK to take a plea for second degree murder.

And, depending on how things happened, TK could attempt to argue things down to voluntary manslaughter. But, with his money problems, I'm not sure he'll find anyone to help him make this case.

Either way, TK is probably going to prison for quite some time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 04:55:26 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?