Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 765665 times)

Blueabyssofthisss

Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #5220 on: August 04, 2021, 04:47:43 PM »
I thought they only charge you with 1st degree if they have proof you planned it beforehand

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #5221 on: August 04, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »
I thought they only charge you with 1st degree if they have proof you planned it beforehand
The definition varies by state. In Illinois its described as

• That you intended to kill your alleged victim or do him or her great bodily harm
  • That you knew that the act you intended to commit carried with it the strong probability that it would gravely injure or kill your alleged victim
  • That you killed your alleged victim while committing or attempting to commit a forcible felony[li/]

https://www.hankenlaw.com/blog/2020/08/how-does-illinois-define-first-degree-murder/

And, I don't think he'll be able to prove mental incompetence, just that it will be the likely first approach of any competent defence.

manysnakes

« Reply #5222 on: August 04, 2021, 04:57:08 PM »

Well depending on the state, they can charge you with pretty much whatever the fuck they want, but the facts of the case don't seem to support that. They will often start with the most serious charge as a means to plea a case down. I think fewer than 10% of charges ever make it to a trial, almost all are pled down. There's a whole conversation about how fucked up that system is, but this isn't the time or place for it.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5223 on: August 04, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well depending on the state, they can charge you with pretty much whatever the fuck they want, but the facts of the case don't seem to support that. They will often start with the most serious charge as a means to plea a case down. I think fewer than 10% of charges ever make it to a trial, almost all are pled down. There's a whole conversation about how fucked up that system is, but this isn't the time or place for it.

Yet here you are talking about it. Still had to make your point right? Got the slapcologist and lawyers all up in here.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5224 on: August 04, 2021, 05:26:47 PM »
Hope everyone here is having a nice day and remembered to reach out to your loved ones and let them know how important they are to you. You only live once, make it count. One love Shalom

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #5225 on: August 04, 2021, 05:30:52 PM »

“Malice aforethought” doesn’t have to mean Premeditation. It can be a brief pause where someone should have a second to decide if the mean to kill someone. Most states charge felony murder as 1st degree and some states charge “cold and depraved heart” as first degree. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5226 on: August 04, 2021, 05:48:31 PM »
Y'all realize there are varying degrees of murder, right? Like previous post said,  they'll start with the most serious charge....
In the United States, the law for murder varies by jurisdiction.

"In most US jurisdictions there is a hierarchy of acts, known collectively as homicide.

First-degree murder and felony murder are the most serious, second-degree murder, in few states third-degree murder, followed by voluntary and involuntary manslaughter - which are not as serious - and finally justifiable homicide, which is not a crime."

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2745962/third-degree-murder-convictions-definition-three-us-states/

Fucked up situation nonetheless.

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5227 on: August 04, 2021, 06:12:19 PM »
Now Adam22 of NoJumper has hopped onto the bandwagon, chock full of inaccuracies and a 7 minute long video that basically shows all he did was read the TMZ article and make "educated" assumptions about what happened. What a dipshit. He's the poster child prototype example of the douchebag BMXer from out of town that comes in your local park snakes everybody's lines and legitimately doesn't care about the safety or well being of others. Fuck TK and Fuck Adam22

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5228 on: August 04, 2021, 06:27:59 PM »
Now Adam22 of NoJumper has hopped onto the bandwagon, chock full of inaccuracies and a 7 minute long video that basically shows all he did was read the TMZ article and make "educated" assumptions about what happened. What a dipshit. He's the poster child prototype example of the douchebag BMXer from out of town that comes in your local park snakes everybody's lines and legitimately doesn't care about the safety or well being of others. Fuck TK and Fuck Adam22

adam? the pedophile? and rapist? and abuser? he said something stupid? why i never would have guessed that!

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5229 on: August 04, 2021, 10:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

adam? the pedophile? and rapist? and abuser? he said something stupid? why i never would have guessed that!

I just don’t understand why he still has a platform; then I remembered it’s all 14 year olds that watches his videos

shredslap

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5230 on: August 04, 2021, 10:54:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just don’t understand why he still has a platform; then I remembered it’s all 14 year olds that watches his videos
adam22 has been wack. he used to review songs and i knew he was wack when he didn't get the lingo in like half of them. fake it til you make it worked for him regardless.

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #5231 on: August 05, 2021, 04:55:26 AM »
Saw the topic was raised on the nine club and the fundraiser linked to there. Half expected it to be avoided entirely tbh so that was something.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #5232 on: August 05, 2021, 05:07:58 AM »
Saw the topic was raised on the nine club and the fundraiser linked to there. Half expected it to be avoided entirely tbh so that was something.

In the latest experience? Timestamp?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #5233 on: August 05, 2021, 05:25:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In the latest experience? Timestamp?

17:30
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5234 on: August 05, 2021, 07:42:11 AM »
Honestly good for the nine club for bringing up TK and the Fundraiser.

No one ever deserves to have their life taken from them, RIP Josiah.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #5235 on: August 05, 2021, 08:17:00 AM »

You think they should pull the interview they did with Tk

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #5236 on: August 05, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »
the whole TK situation had me really bummed. I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I was real TK fan. TK did a lot for a dude like me to feel seen as a skateboarder. I’ve said this before, but for a lot of the black community their frame of reference was roach from next Friday, and Tony hawk (if they played Tony hawk they weren’t 100% sure Kareem was real). TK was the first black pro to really have presence in mainstream media. He was in rap videos and wore trendy clothes. Shit that that I was very much into at 16. His baker 3 and BHAD parts weren’t the best, but we’re still rewacthable because the energy. Those songs slapped. I was bummed when he got dropped from baker, but I understood. I was mad I didn’t take his decline a little more seriously. Of course I don’t blame anyone, rather it be slap or his friends. I actually sent him a letter with some slap pals and shalom stickers and wished him well and hoped he’d make a comeback. IDK if he ever got it.

I’ve had to cut off friends because of their mental health. So I can relate to how hard it must have been for Andrew to let TK go because he couldn’t help him, and keeping him around would become a liability. That shit a little to close to home. I had a friend who went from being the best dude. Ride or die, shirt off the back, to leaving dead rats on people’s doorsteps and getting mad when we tell him that shits not cool. I don’t talk to him anymore. My fiancé gets mad because I bring him up in stories all the time, but it’s because we did so much shit together. It’s kind of like that with TK. Like if I post footage or pictures of me from like 15-19, part of that era for me is influenced by TK. And now it’s an asterisk next to it. Just like there’s an asterisk next to the 10 years I had hanging out with this dude, who ended up getting fired for assaulting his boss, and threatening me because I told him breaking up with his now lawyer ex to because he wanted to fuck around was the dumbest move of his life and he’d regret it (he did). I tried to help him, but I couldn’t force him to go back on therapy. His boss actually sent him to therapy but he didn’t want to pay for it, so after the free sessions were over, he stopped THEN was fired. You can only do much.

Obviously at 31 I was already over that childhood admiration of TK, but still sucks to see him fall so far and then beat a man to death. I wonder if this is how gator fans felt. Definitely wouldn’t buy a TK reissue, that’d be fucking weird. That bummed me out on a personal harder than expected, you don’t think of how much your a fan of someone until they let you down. I just expected he’d pile out like a regular pro skater in their 30s does.

TLDR :
I was a TK fan. Now I’m not. Fuck TK. Mental health is important. You can’t always save your friends. You’re not responsible for their actions.

If there’s errors or typos, whatever i wrote this on a phone and it took longer than expected.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5237 on: August 05, 2021, 11:46:01 AM »
Now I'm glad I didn't "Get down with us." 

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #5238 on: August 05, 2021, 12:43:26 PM »
the whole TK situation had me really bummed. I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I was real TK fan. TK did a lot for a dude like me to feel seen as a skateboarder. I’ve said this before, but for a lot of the black community their frame of reference was roach from next Friday, and Tony hawk (if they played Tony hawk they weren’t 100% sure Kareem was real). TK was the first black pro to really have presence in mainstream media. He was in rap videos and wore trendy clothes. Shit that that I was very much into at 16. His baker 3 and BHAD parts weren’t the best, but we’re still rewacthable because the energy. Those songs slapped. I was bummed when he got dropped from baker, but I understood. I was mad I didn’t take his decline a little more seriously. Of course I don’t blame anyone, rather it be slap or his friends. I actually sent him a letter with some slap pals and shalom stickers and wished him well and hoped he’d make a comeback. IDK if he ever got it.

I’ve had to cut off friends because of their mental health. So I can relate to how hard it must have been for Andrew to let TK go because he couldn’t help him, and keeping him around would become a liability. That shit a little to close to home. I had a friend who went from being the best dude. Ride or die, shirt off the back, to leaving dead rats on people’s doorsteps and getting mad when we tell him that shits not cool. I don’t talk to him anymore. My fiancé gets mad because I bring him up in stories all the time, but it’s because we did so much shit together. It’s kind of like that with TK. Like if I post footage or pictures of me from like 15-19, part of that era for me is influenced by TK. And now it’s an asterisk next to it. Just like there’s an asterisk next to the 10 years I had hanging out with this dude, who ended up getting fired for assaulting his boss, and threatening me because I told him breaking up with his now lawyer ex to because he wanted to fuck around was the dumbest move of his life and he’d regret it (he did). I tried to help him, but I couldn’t force him to go back on therapy. His boss actually sent him to therapy but he didn’t want to pay for it, so after the free sessions were over, he stopped THEN was fired. You can only do much.

Obviously at 31 I was already over that childhood admiration of TK, but still sucks to see him fall so far and then beat a man to death. I wonder if this is how gator fans felt. Definitely wouldn’t buy a TK reissue, that’d be fucking weird. That bummed me out on a personal harder than expected, you don’t think of how much your a fan of someone until they let you down. I just expected he’d pile out like a regular pro skater in their 30s does.

TLDR :
I was a TK fan. Now I’m not. Fuck TK. Mental health is important. You can’t always save your friends. You’re not responsible for their actions.

If there’s errors or typos, whatever i wrote this on a phone and it took longer than expected.

I hope you make peace with it. It’s one thing when someone you look up to is kind of a jerk, it’s another when they take a life.

I had a similar experience with a friend who I grew up and skated a lot with. One day he just hit me up randomly asking if I could buy him some expensive electronics from my work, and didn’t think much of it. Next I knew he had ended up with his car in a ditch somewhere out in the country and ended up being arrested. Turns out he had a manic event, which as far as I know was the first and explained some behavior I found out about later. Thankfully he never hurt himself or others and seems to have all the resources and support in place to be stable. It’s hard to watch someone you care about deal with something so far out of our control and is a situation that can go beyond anything a friend can do to help out.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #5239 on: August 05, 2021, 12:48:29 PM »
Absolutely speechless, RIP Josiah and condolences to the family/friends.

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5240 on: August 07, 2021, 10:13:40 AM »
RIP Josiah

Get TK help.

Shalom to all

Mrskillson

• Rep: 5

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5242 on: August 09, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
I just read the last 3 pages.. what the fuck?!

Rest in Peace Josiah
IG: @flowterspace

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5243 on: August 09, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
Just from reading the details of the case, I doubt TK would get life in prison. I didn't know Josiah died from hitting his head on the concrete. I feel like TK will say it wasn't his intent to kill him and use his"mental issues" as scapegoat. I feel like he could get like 20 years in prison and get off early.

Just a sad state of affairs overall.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #5244 on: August 09, 2021, 02:12:33 PM »
Was the girl his ex at that time? Definitely questionable
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

gripittoripit

• Rep: -36

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #5247 on: August 09, 2021, 07:46:07 PM »
Damn should I take the two terry boards off my wall. Super OG baker from mid 2000s. What do I do :(

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #5248 on: August 09, 2021, 09:20:07 PM »
Damn should I take the two terry boards off my wall. Super OG baker from mid 2000s. What do I do :(
I’ll take em
Sincerely, a broke schmoe with no bro flow

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #5249 on: August 09, 2021, 09:22:07 PM »
Something told me to hold off on it
I need Cariuma -Me