Author Topic: Show Me Your Curbs  (Read 53889 times)

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Show Me Your Curbs
« Reply #270 on: June 03, 2022, 07:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That curb is so fun. I love to hit that thing up and then get a tasty burrito at el burrito jr.
Damn that thing looks perfect. I’m finally getting my curb spot back into shape. Hit it with a little laquer and wax after work today. The nose slide shuv is from today. The second link is some old stuff I posted in the other curbs thread that got locked
https://youtube.com/shorts/4yBA9fRCINc?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/ComFnsToSfw?feature=share

mamba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2022, 09:45:38 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeXs5dvsu_O/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here’s mine. I have a question for you all. As this thing has grinded away, a lot of rocks are emerging from the grinded edge. in october I rubbricked it and clearcoated it, but it’s still really rough and not grinding well. What’s the best way to get this grinding again? I’m guessing heavy rubbricking but can that be done after it’s been waxed?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2022, 01:42:45 PM »
Had that happen with one of my spots. It’s just shitty concrete and unfortunately there’s not to much you can do once it hits the aggregate. You can paint it(I’d use rustoleum in the quart can and a roller not spray paint and do a few good coats, wax the hell out of it and go faster, or you could try mixing up some patching concrete and building it up again(haven’t done that so can’t say if it’d work or not). The repaint does work for a time but you’ll need to do it once it gets worn again.

mamba

• Sucka free
« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2022, 08:15:55 PM »
Had that happen with one of my spots. It’s just shitty concrete and unfortunately there’s not to much you can do once it hits the aggregate. You can paint it(I’d use rustoleum in the quart can and a roller not spray paint and do a few good coats, wax the hell out of it and go faster, or you could try mixing up some patching concrete and building it up again(haven’t done that so can’t say if it’d work or not). The repaint does work for a time but you’ll need to do it once it gets worn again.

Shoot. that is extremely disappointing. This is the only curb worth a damn in my area. Thank you. time to get some paint

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2022, 01:46:22 PM »
Some from my home town that I grew up on:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phMyxfNiXUo
Old mall double sider was removed about a year later. Best curb ever.

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2022, 01:38:31 AM »
I live in Chico currently,  so rad to see the old 7-11 footage, the rest of the spots were all unrecognizable otherwise but rad nonetheless!!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2022, 01:29:49 PM »

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2022, 03:17:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@TastyBurrito Where are you located?

@LebowskisRug Currently, my office desk.

In general, the greater Long Beach area.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2022, 05:29:30 PM »
I live in Chico currently,  so rad to see the old 7-11 footage, the rest of the spots were all unrecognizable otherwise but rad nonetheless!!

Expand Quote
[close]
There’s only the 7/11 tree and curbs at the child development center at CSUC that are still around from that video. I’m guessing you’re at Chico state? Not sure if you’ve seen it but some of the locals and Zak just put out the Liquor Bank #2 video.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2022, 11:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
There’s only the 7/11 tree and curbs at the child development center at CSUC that are still around from that video. I’m guessing you’re at Chico state? Not sure if you’ve seen it but some of the locals and Zak just put out the Liquor Bank #2 video.

CSUC Alumni, are the curbs by the fields and track still around? My friends and I would skate those all the time. The curbs between the dorms are also great!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2022, 07:13:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

CSUC Alumni, are the curbs by the fields and track still around? My friends and I would skate those all the time. The curbs between the dorms are also great!
If you mean the red ones that were like a block long from Warner to Esken Hall(side of the student health center)parking lot, no. Went to hit those a couple years ago and they’re redoing that whole area. Just out of curiosity, when did you go to Chico State? Who knows, I might have known you or at least skated with you at some point.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2022, 09:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
If you mean the red ones that were like a block long from Warner to Esken Hall(side of the student health center)parking lot, no. Went to hit those a couple years ago and they’re redoing that whole area. Just out of curiosity, when did you go to Chico State? Who knows, I might have known you or at least skated with you at some point.
2014 to 2019.
Sad to hear they made away with those.
There was a nice gradient over at Burgers and Brew that I would hit or just manual when I’d work there.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #282 on: June 28, 2022, 10:02:19 PM »
Local school parking lot

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »
@mynameisnotjeff that was about 10 years after I moved so doubt I ever skated with you. @TastyBurrito those curbs look fun as hell.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »

Now it’s longer!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2022, 03:07:11 PM »
That’s what he/she/they said.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2022, 03:09:33 PM »
 ;)
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2022, 05:21:35 PM »

Now it’s longer!
Little bit of landscaping and you’re golden. Looks like you even get shade.
@layziez you beat me to it.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2022, 07:46:12 PM »
If you look closely, you can see my bag has gardening shears in it for trimming the bush (more innuendo  ;D).

jsettle

« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2022, 06:55:38 PM »
Some of my favorite curbs in memphis...dropping a full curb part next month. Some throwaway and warmup tricks though till then.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf2LH-yJ-am/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2022, 09:16:43 PM »
https://youtu.be/GeRr6YP3Yyk

Some curb tricks from the past couple months.  Been trying to get better at slappy noseslides/switch noseslides and they’ve become some of the most fun tricks to mess around with for me. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 10:10:23 PM by big_kev_215 »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2022, 10:39:07 PM »

Some curb tricks from the past couple months.  Been trying to get better at slappy noseslides/switch noseslides and they’ve become some of the most fun tricks to mess around with for me.

Very nice. I am envious of your curbs, the only lacquered parking blocks in my neighbourhood disappeared overnight and I haven‘t located any new ones yet. What did you do with the raw parking blocks in the clip to get them grinding ?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

animalflesh

« Reply #292 on: July 22, 2022, 05:56:08 AM »
^spray clear coat then lightly wax after

Put another light layer of wax for every like 30 min of skating

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2022, 06:18:37 AM »
^spray clear coat then lightly wax after

Put another light layer of wax for every like 30 min of skating

Yep - I didn’t make those but they look like they just have a coating of clear coat.  Not painted obviously so they aren't super slippery.  I usually just wax my trucks a little bit and they grind easily. 

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2022, 08:45:43 AM »

Proper as hell

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2022, 02:49:09 AM »

Been eyeing this. Tall on one side, reg curb height on the other. As per usual its unskated and I’d have to get it going. But damn, it is tempting. It’d be a morning and evening spot since thats a busy area during the day.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2022, 10:10:53 AM »

Fuck I miss this spot, used to live right in front of it, its a curved curb on a dead end street. It was most perfect before someone added the lil ramps.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »
Couple crook variations and a brewski at old faithful the other day. Does anyone wax the sidewalk as well for boardslides or is that overkill?

https://youtube.com/shorts/xmFWeCr0MNc?feature=share

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2022, 10:34:06 AM »

Fuck I miss this spot, used to live right in front of it, its a curved curb on a dead end street. It was most perfect before someone added the lil ramps.

oh hey, i live near that. the bigger lil ramp doesn't bother me but the lil lil ramp irks the hell out of me

LebowskisRug

« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2022, 04:15:37 PM »
For people asking about how to repair chunky curbs it's not that hard, but definitely time consuming. Here's how I did it:

1. Scrape all the wax off. First with a paint scraper then with a scouring pad with acetone. All of it has to come off.
2. Optional and expensive step but pour concrete densifier on it. This fills air voids and hardens the concrete.
3. Get an angle grinder and a Diamond polishing wheel. They're usually gold and they sell them on Amazon. Make sure it's rated for high RPM.
4. Go along the curb and start hand grinding it and make sure to create a rounded profile. You can grind and polish the rocks.
5. Optional. Fill any large voids with JB Weld Steel Stick.
6. Optional but recommends. Get a hand drill and some 50-100 grit cement polishing pads and start getting it smooth and polished. Way better than a brick IMO but a brick will suffice. Bonus points if you can wet sand.
7. Put some Glaze N Seal over it.
8. 1-3 coats of a thick exterior clear.
9. Optional, but use a fine sanding sponge and wet sand it.
10. Done

I made myself a concrete parking block and I didn't vibrate it enough and it came out like Swiss Cheese. By using some Sika to patch the holes and the steps above I actually don't even need to wax the thing and it slides extremely well.