Author Topic: Austin, Texas  (Read 12959 times)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
Re: Austin, Texas
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2021, 04:39:17 AM »
My job is flying me out to ATX next week for the UT vs. Rice game. I'm gonna do as much skating as Humanly possible. Thank God for this thread.

Shoot me a pm if you’re looking to catch a sesh.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2021, 05:17:36 AM »
My job is flying me out to ATX next week for the UT vs. Rice game. I'm gonna do as much skating as Humanly possible. Thank God for this thread.

i'm usually up at house skating the little quarters and curbs sat and sunday mornings. morning sessions there are usually pretty good (lot of older guys, not so many kids/families)

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2021, 06:43:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can vouch for @Freelancevagrant's chillness and willingness to sesh, A++++++++ SLAPper

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can vouch for @Freelancevagrant's chillness and willingness to sesh, A++++++++ SLAPper

This is greatly appreciated but also a bummer we haven’t been able to catch another sesh dude!

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2021, 06:48:39 AM »
If any of y'all Austin based Slap homies want to skate sometime hit me up!

My instagram is - Cat_Barf

Chances are if you skate pville we’ve already skated together bro, I usually skate the mini ledge, say what’s up next time
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2021, 10:51:35 AM »
Ha, my job gave me tickets to the same game! It was sort of "welcome" gesture or something. I've never been to a football game in my life and I want to seem like a good little worker, so I agreed to take 'em. Kind of preparing for it to be like a Fear & Loathing experience full of sunburned jocks who are wasted from tailgating all day. Something to do once and never again.

Anyway, I concur with what others have said about weekend mornings at House Park. The kiddies and freaks start to roll in around 10-11am, but before that it's great. It also starts getting hot as fuck by that time, although it seems like the weather might be starting to turn around a little bit (longtime locals feel free to tell me I'm wrong, or that I'm a big Yankee baby about the heat)

Landmine

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2021, 05:34:30 PM »
Yeah if you're gonna hit House Park, go on a weekday morning. 

And bring a broom.

And help pick up trash.

Place is filthy lately.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »
Anyway, I concur with what others have said about weekend mornings at House Park. The kiddies and freaks start to roll in around 10-11am, but before that it's great. It also starts getting hot as fuck by that time, although it seems like the weather might be starting to turn around a little bit (longtime locals feel free to tell me I'm wrong, or that I'm a big Yankee baby about the heat)

no it gets hot as fuck... i've been known to bring a popup shade if i'm running late and some other locals are doing the same lately which is kind of awesome to me.

Yeah if you're gonna hit House Park, go on a weekday morning. 

And bring a broom.

And help pick up trash.

Place is filthy lately.

it really has gotten kind of gross. that one homeless lady breaks bottles some times so there some broken glass and i kind of liked it better before all the random graffiti was everywhere. i like sieben's stuff but some random assholes black tag i could live without.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2021, 09:38:31 AM »
Man it really sounds like house park isn’t much fun anymore
You want some queso?”

Landmine

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2021, 11:09:40 AM »
Man it really sounds like house park isn’t much fun anymore

Yeah, sadly, it's kinda not

SoapyEyes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2021, 12:53:10 PM »
I like the San Marcos skatepark a lot. Very few crackheads too

Landmine

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2021, 01:47:58 PM »
I love the bowl in San Marcos

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2021, 02:18:00 PM »

Were the bowl and park built by two different groups? The park itself looks rushed compared to the bowl
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Landmine

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2021, 02:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Were the bowl and park built by two different groups? The park itself looks rushed compared to the bowl

All built by Grindline as far as I know

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2021, 07:04:51 PM »
Last time I went to San Marcos a homeless man was sleeping in the top bowl in the middle of a hot ass summer day

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2021, 07:14:59 PM »
Me and a couple friends (27-37) skate pville, lacks scooter kids, bikers are pretty cool, and no crackheads. I’m the tall dude skating the baby ledge come up and say what’s up, it’s a bit of a drive but it’s either 20 minutes to house or 20 minutes to pville I’ll choose pville
You want some queso?”

Landmine

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2021, 08:17:40 PM »
I've been going to Pflugerville a lot lately.  I met some older dudes skating the bowls there that seemed cool.  It's drive for me from far SW corner of town but it's worth it; nice open park and everyone is cool.  I may end up there this weekend if my ditch hunting mission is a bust, I'll say what's up.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2021, 05:12:27 PM »
Shit I forgot I even posted that. Sorry to everyone I never replied. I didn't get to skate much because of the work schedule. I stayed at the hotel indigo downtown on 8th? Street. I got to bomb some hills (the grated streets were weird. Never seen that before), skate a nice bank spot close to my hotel, the tent city banks on 6th under i35, and cruise around UT. Nothing too special. If I had more time, I would've dug way deeper.

Landmine

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »
The Old Man thread has me missing the micro mini from ages ago, anyone around here have one, or know someone chill who does? 

If not I'm gonna build one in my backyard when I know what our lease situation looks like.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »
The Old Man thread has me missing the micro mini from ages ago, anyone around here have one, or know someone chill who does? 

If not I'm gonna build one in my backyard when I know what our lease situation looks like.

Wish you joined earlier then you could have skated mine before I had to sell it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2021, 07:54:26 PM »

House has a lot of micro qps

Landmine

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2021, 05:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wish you joined earlier then you could have skated mine before I had to sell it.

I joined years ago but never posted lol

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
anybody know what's going on with lizard ditch? been loving the spot but the recent city cleanup has me wondering about its longevity. if there are ever any build days/cleanup days or anything like that i would be hyped to lend a hand, it's become one of my fave spots ever. feel free to dm me if you don't wanna post here.

Landmine

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2021, 07:33:41 PM »
anybody know what's going on with lizard ditch? been loving the spot but the recent city cleanup has me wondering about its longevity. if there are ever any build days/cleanup days or anything like that i would be hyped to lend a hand, it's become one of my fave spots ever. feel free to dm me if you don't wanna post here.

No but I'm in for a cleanup day as well. 

It's been a few months since I was there, I should go again soon.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2021, 04:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where is that spot? I wanna go check it out
You want some queso?”

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2021, 05:27:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Where is that spot? I wanna go check it out

Pm me

Landmine

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2021, 06:43:02 AM »
PALS ditch sesh? 

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2021, 07:36:26 AM »

I have a 3'x12' mini in my backyard up near Cedar Park. All my old skate friends live in San Antonio so always down to have new friends over as long as y'all are chill, not a dick, lol. I skate every day. Shoot me a PM.
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2021, 09:40:18 AM »
PALS ditch sesh?

You know I’m down as fuck to hit lizard or lil surf

FrontsideFrank

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2021, 03:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a 3'x12' mini in my backyard up near Cedar Park. All my old skate friends live in San Antonio so always down to have new friends over as long as y'all are chill, not a dick, lol. I skate every day. Shoot me a PM.

You ever skate lakewood? If so, there's a decent chance we've crossed paths. I'm up there a few times a week.