Author Topic: Justin Henry calls out Clint Walker for blackface  (Read 51012 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: Justin Henry calls out Clint Walker for blackface
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »
yo, fuck clint walker and sam smyth. too bad we won't see any accountability from their employers. clints apology was beyond weak.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
Expand Quote
B4 the late 90s /00s  WAY less adults did halloween.  It was those 'pimp ad ho' parties that turned halloween into an adult thing (over trick or treat age)
[close]

I'm not bullying you or whatever I just want to make sure at least a few more people see this.

Also shout out to eraserhead for only posting in threads like this. You the slap hero we need but don’t deserve.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2019, 03:52:57 PM »

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2019, 03:59:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's ok for black people to paint their face white? Dave Chapelle did it throughout his show. Or do you think that there's no such thing as racism when it's directed towards white people? Clint should know better, you can't get away with shit these days but dude was just dressing up as a funny character.
[close]

There is no such thing as racism “when it’s directed towards white people.” White people can be discriminated against but that’s not the same thing as systemic historical oppression.
[close]

You must live in a little bubble. I experienced some pretty brutal racism when I first moved to the US from black people. Racism is Racism.
[close]

you experienced prejudice by from individuals, not racism from the foundational institutions and mainstream society of our country.

black americans are 50% less likely to be unemployed than you are.
black americans are 50% less likely to get job interview callbacks.
black americans earn 25% less money when employed than you do.
black americans are 30% less likely to own a home than you are.
black americans are 200-300% more likely to suffer from hypertension than you are.

that is racism.
the idea that a black dude calling you honkey is the same as this is laughable.

First of all, I'm Hispanic. It wasn't just some black dude calling me honkey, it was almost every single black person that I came across treating me like complete shit and making fun of me based solely on the color of my skin. That being said, you're right. It's not "racism" based on the dictionary definition of racism. Still, I don't think it's a big deal that a skateboarder dressed up as a black TV character. Are the guys from It's always sunny racist for using black face? Do you not have a sense of humor?

Fred Savage

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2019, 04:11:53 PM »
I have been boycotting Clint’s sponsors since before Clint was even sponsored. Not sure what else to do here. Hey Clint. Fuck you

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »
Still, I don't think it's a big deal that a skateboarder dressed up as a black TV character. Are the guys from It's always sunny racist for using black face? Do you not have a sense of humor?

the whole thing in it's always sunny is showing how stupid and racist blackface is but i think they did a bad job handling it.

i don't think racist tropes are funny.

Also shout out to eraserhead for only posting in threads like this. You the slap hero we need but don’t deserve.

welcome

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think it's ok for black people to paint their face white? Dave Chapelle did it throughout his show. Or do you think that there's no such thing as racism when it's directed towards white people? Clint should know better, you can't get away with shit these days but dude was just dressing up as a funny character.
[close]

There is no such thing as racism “when it’s directed towards white people.” White people can be discriminated against but that’s not the same thing as systemic historical oppression.
[close]

You must live in a little bubble. I experienced some pretty brutal racism when I first moved to the US from black people. Racism is Racism.
[close]

you experienced prejudice by from individuals, not racism from the foundational institutions and mainstream society of our country.

black americans are 200-300% more likely to suffer from hypertension than you are.

that is racism.
[close]

Just a heads up, black culture is a real thing and what you said has little to do with racism

oh boy here we go.

why is black culture different from white culture?

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • <3
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2019, 04:19:27 PM »
Justin Henry's skating is sooo good. He comes off as a really solid dude. Just saw a thread Josh Wilson and Rizzo turned pro. Definitely deserved, but would rather have a Justin Henry board
The chillest1

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »
Justin Henry's skating is sooo good. He comes off as a really solid dude. Just saw a thread Josh Wilson and Rizzo turned pro. Definitely deserved, but would rather have a Justin Henry board
im down for a dick rizzo deck, but not a josh wilson.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »
it's very simple. white people enjoy pretending to be black because its "fun/funny" but they don't and never will have to deal with any of the shit black ppl or other minorities have to deal with on a daily basis. clearly, pretending to be a minority is "for parties."

in the western world (extended to west-dominated world in mass media, e.g. hollywood) there has been a power imbalance in favor of white people for centuries already, of course it is worse for white people to do racist/discriminatory shit
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 04:38:45 PM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Dernpop1

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2019, 04:39:38 PM »
Sam Smyth a fucking herb as well.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »
Clint's apology was weak. Justin handled this all very well.

Also I love how there's more people in this thread explaining what systemic oppression and racism is than the amount of people asking why blackface is racist and shit like that. Respect to you all

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
Who gives a fuck what Clint Walker does or Justin Henry calling him out on Social Media. You got real beef with someone hit them up direct. This tattle tale get your phone out narc society we live in so fucking soft. I get it people are all triggered over race shit right now but lighten the fuck up. If shits a joke don't take yourself so serious and laugh a little. What the fuck have comedians been doing all these years. Cracking on stereotypes cause its fucking funny. That video of homie dressed up as a White Devil is funny as fuck and I'm a white dude. If someone is in black face doing some Jim Crow sambo shit ya dude deserves to catch a beating. If someone is Flavor Flav for halloween who the fuck cares.

Merlin

• Rep: -52
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:45 PM »
I wonder if this josh Henry guy actually talked to Clint before blasting him on Instagram? If not he kinda sounds like a bitch. I’m not supporting Clint, just think you should be man and say something to him first, and not on social media. Sounds like Clint was able to get his number and apologize, so I’m guessing this was the first they ever spoke about it. I was always taught to face stab, not back stab, but hey I’m old, fuck it!

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »
I don't like Clint Walker but come on so what if you color your skin :D America is so sensitive it's funny

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »
Racism isn't only a thing in america you know... People not liking people just because they look different is racism, and that happens every possible way, not just white on black. Saying racism is only about african americans in usa is pretty fuckin dumd...

TheDingus

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:02 PM »
Who gives a fuck what Clint Walker does or Justin Henry calling him out on Social Media. You got real beef with someone hit them up direct. This tattle tale get your phone out narc society we live in so fucking soft.

Larry Dallas

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
Racism isn't only a thing in america you know... People not liking people just because they look different is racism, and that happens every possible way, not just white on black. Saying racism is only about african americans in usa is pretty fuckin dumd...
🤣

Merlin

• Rep: -52
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »
Put the blackface thing aside, people like josh Henry are proof why the next generation will be fucked. A bunch of morons walking around not even able to make eye contact or have a real conversations.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »
Put the blackface thing aside, people like josh Henry are proof why the next generation will be fucked. A bunch of morons walking around not even able to make eye contact or have a real conversations.

get a load of this baby boomer

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2019, 05:33:44 PM »
Has this thread reactivated the incel invasion we had going on for a while? Or did that just never really go away?

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Still, I don't think it's a big deal that a skateboarder dressed up as a black TV character. Are the guys from It's always sunny racist for using black face? Do you not have a sense of humor?
[close]

the whole thing in it's always sunny is showing how stupid and racist blackface is but i think they did a bad job handling it.

Expand Quote
[close]

welcome

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

that is racism.
[close]

Just a heads up, black culture is a real thing and what you said has little to do with racism
[close]

oh boy here we go.

Explain to me why black people are shooting other black people in significantly higher rates than white people. Explain to me why black kids aren't graduating high school. Why are the number of african american single mothers much larger than other races? I can go on and on and all those points I made are reasons that fall into your list of fake 'racism'

ungzilla

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2019, 05:39:02 PM »
tell me about the best fedora brand guy

SmarterChild

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »

This movie was great

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2019, 05:50:45 PM »
Far out some people are so dumb. Why would Clint think that this wouldn’t blow up in his face.

I dig the guys skating but he seems like one shitty as guy.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2019, 05:54:39 PM »
Clint will probably beat his fucking ass in the ground. #hesfucked

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

welcome

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

that is racism.
[close]

[close]

oh boy here we go.

[close]

Explain to me why black people are shooting other black people in significantly higher rates than white people. Explain to me why black kids aren't graduating high school. Why are the number of african american single mothers much larger than other races? I can go on and on and all those points I made are reasons that fall into your list of fake 'racism'

You’re an idiot. EDIT: And a racist. 

Who gives a fuck what Clint Walker does or Justin Henry calling him out on Social Media. You got real beef with someone hit them up direct. This tattle tale get your phone out narc society we live in so fucking soft. I get it people are all triggered over race shit right now but lighten the fuck up. If shits a joke don't take yourself so serious and laugh a little. What the fuck have comedians been doing all these years. Cracking on stereotypes cause its fucking funny. That video of homie dressed up as a White Devil is funny as fuck and I'm a white dude. If someone is in black face doing some Jim Crow sambo shit ya dude deserves to catch a beating. If someone is Flavor Flav for halloween who the fuck cares.

Black people do. And guess what man? As a white dude who will never experience what it is like to be black, you don’t get to tell black people not to be offended by black face or as them “who gives a fuck” when someone is wearing blackface.

Sincerely - another white dude

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
Who's Josh Henry?

Jagr

• Rep: 118
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2019, 06:12:16 PM »
Has this thread reactivated the incel invasion we had going on for a while? Or did that just never really go away?

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2019, 06:13:28 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Black people do. And guess what man? As a white dude who will never experience what it is like to be black, you don’t get to tell black people not to be offended by black face or as them “who gives a fuck” when someone is wearing blackface.

Guess what man, I do and I did. That's the great thing about this nation we live in.

Lighten the fuck up and go watch Soul Man or Eddie Murphy in whiteface and have a laugh.

Jagr

• Rep: 118
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »
Expand Quote
“I’m sorry I offended you.”
[close]

expresses no notion of recognizing that blackface is wrong and fucked up... idiot

yeah, why the fuck doesn't anyone know how to apologize for anything anymore.