Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249692 times)

cheetahsheets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2019, 08:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I liked Slash, Moose and Furby. Delfino, Dickson, Foy and Hayes? Not so much
[close]

you have horrible taste
[close]

A bunch of fat guys. Not my thing

Dickson is built like a brick shithouse. Hayes is skinny as a motherfucker. Foy could cut some weight but he’s naturally big boned as fuck, like not like cartman saying it, but like he legitimately is just a big dude, could have been a linebacker if he wanted to. Delfino has some weight he could lose too, but I wouldn’t even go so far as to call him fat.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2019, 09:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you have horrible taste
[close]

[close]

but you like grown men with gauges in zumiez cosplay, pedophiles, and whatever slesh is this week. yezzur

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2019, 03:24:52 AM »
jumping in on lizard team
dudes sick! i get some of his tricks could be seen as gimicky but who cares? I saw him skate in person once and was surprised at how good he was. super entertaining to watch

I saw him skate a demo recently and he was pretty sick. Really snappy kickflips, fast long grinds and big gaps. I don't really dig his skate footage so shows that some people are better to watch in person
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

fs overkrook

« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2019, 02:24:12 PM »
Why the fuck are you discussing the weight of these guys? Seriously? You are fucking idiotic and probably overweight yourselves

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2019, 02:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you have horrible taste
[close]

[close]

None of the those dudes are fat. Hayes is a rail. Also are you trolling?! You have to be trolling  I refuse to believe any human has that terrible of taste. There’s no way you prefer the 3 lamest dudes from death wish over the 4 best.
[close]

I’m not trolling

Moose’s part in the Deathwish video was nuts, i guess everybody hated it because of the unforgivable crime of wearing beanies

I’ll take Furby and Slash over the bland Crisco boys on Deathwish now. Dickson is a fat guy, Foy is a fat rail jock with three tricks, and Delfino and Hayes are non-entities

but opinions, eh?

Although I disagree with most of your above stated ideas, I also quite liked Moose’s part in the Deathwish Video.

It’s all personal preference, anyway.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2019, 02:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you have horrible taste
[close]

[close]

Dickson is built like a brick shithouse. Hayes is skinny as a motherfucker. Foy could cut some weight but he’s naturally big boned as fuck, like not like cartman saying it, but like he legitimately is just a big dude, could have been a linebacker if he wanted to. Delfino has some weight he could lose too, but I wouldn’t even go so far as to call him fat.

Goodness this thread is giving me a boner.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »
I get why people don’t like lizard king but he’s definitely a pretty talented skater

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2019, 11:34:10 PM »
I skated with Lizard once at a skatepark he was insanely good. I was so surprised, he was skating a tall ledge doing every flip in flip out grinds plus is good at manuals. skated the flat bar and rail to, but I figured he was good at that. Anyway he rips and was super nice to everybody. I'd like to see a Lizard Nine Club

Ocelot

« Reply #339 on: June 18, 2019, 04:28:11 AM »
I skated with Lizard once at a skatepark he was insanely good. I was so surprised, he was skating a tall ledge doing every flip in flip out grinds plus is good at manuals. skated the flat bar and rail to, but I figured he was good at that. Anyway he rips and was super nice to everybody. I'd like to see a Lizard Nine Club

for some reason every time the camera is on him, he's either dropping in on some roof or putting his hand down on a f/s boardslide

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #340 on: June 18, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

for some reason every time the camera is on him, he's either dropping in on some roof or putting his hand down on a f/s boardslide

This message board needs a barf emoji for discussing Lizard's front boards.

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #341 on: June 18, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »

the first trick is burned in my brain
heavy introduction

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
lizard king always been trash. dont care about ur fucking drop ins
spanky shouldnt be a pro stuck at am level of skating forever
kader and jacoppo are bakers only hope right now.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2019, 01:23:06 PM »
I dont get why people think Kader is going to deliver, seems like a nice kid and all but apart from that bomb-drop has he done anything else of worthy mention? I’m not hating on him, if anything his fuck it attitude is justified in this modern skate climate, theres little point and cash to being a pro skater anymore. That being said, to make a memorable Baker part, it needs to be mind melting next level hammers, not nice guy sitting under a handrail, playing fortnite and being pushed round in a shopping cart.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:24:59 PM by hateboard »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2019, 01:30:15 PM »
When Lizard King went pro for think he and a full video come out and it was probably his sickest part. I remember really liking it. I wish I could find it now, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »
When Lizard King went pro for think he and a full video come out and it was probably his sickest part. I remember really liking it. I wish I could find it now, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore.
Was that with the massive ollie over that double-set rail?

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »
I dont get why people think Kader is going to deliver, seems like a nice kid and all but apart from that bomb-drop has he done anything else of worthy mention? I’m not hating on him, if anything his fuck it attitude is justified in this modern skate climate, theres little point and cash to being a pro skater anymore. That being said, to make a memorable Baker part, it needs to be mind melting next level hammers, not nice guy sitting under a handrail, playing fortnite and being pushed round in a shopping cart.

His throwaway footage is pretty dope

hateboard

« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2019, 05:48:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

His throwaway footage is pretty dope

Yeh styles good.. I guess it comes down to did he land the face melters as well on those days or did he pack up after the insta clips were in the bag. Back smith through that kinker would look solid!

Little Debbie

« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2019, 07:05:31 AM »
https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/the-gizmo-interviews-elissa-steamer/

In this Elissa interview, it doesn't sound like the Baker vid is coming out any time in the near future. Unless she's trying not to give away spoilas for a near release?

I've loved all the other videos Baker has put out but I'm a little apprehensive about Baker 4. Really not into Figgy, Riley, Theotis (how the fuck hasn't this dudes board been pulled), CJ (hate coloured grip), Zach etc.

As long as there's a Rown part and some clips of Herman and Reynolds, Elissa and Spanky it should be worth the wait.

Cautiously optimistic I guess...
Come on, have some faith in Drew's editing. You know he's watching all these new vids coming out (Polar, Blessed, 917, Converse) and getting stoked on them, and he's shown he's definitely capable of making something instantly memorable and classic.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2019, 07:17:17 AM »

He gets a very reasonable amount of coverage and he’s clearly saving his best footage for a big video. What’s not to get?

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2019, 07:32:20 AM »
What other company gets 12 page Pre-video thread? Baker still the most relevant company in skateboarding.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2019, 07:59:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He gets a very reasonable amount of coverage and he’s clearly saving his best footage for a big video. What’s not to get?

I remember the days when you didn't see ANY of a skater's footage until the video came out.

Oh, those were the days.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2019, 11:04:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I remember the days when you didn't see ANY of a skater's footage until the video came out.

Oh, those were the days.

Yeah, it’s weird how much people long for the days of proper full lengths but then think someone is blowing it when they’re actually saving footage for a project.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh, those were the days.
[close]

Yeah, it’s weird how much people long for the days of proper full lengths but then think someone is blowing it when they’re actually saving footage for a project.

Agreed.

I personally hate the Instagram era, where every skater feels some sort of pressure to post a gnarly trick/line at least once a week or whatever. When they don't reveal their entire part on Instagram, people think they are just sitting on their couch with their thumb up their ass.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

TABAZ

• Rep: 0
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2019, 02:15:47 PM »
just hoping Rowan stays on long enough for this. I would like his footage to stay un-strobeck'ed for as long as possible. Call me crazy but I like to seek the torso of skaters in footage.

ya his last post was a blank board which had me shook but Baker team is too strong i don't think he would leave

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2019, 05:12:15 PM »

Had this conversation the other day. Had high hopes for kader 3 years ago but his output these days compared to other guys like Ishod, mike mo , Cory etc at the same age is trash. He better come in heavy with that baker part cause even the vans footage the other day is mediocre
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had this conversation the other day. Had high hopes for kader 3 years ago but his output these days compared to other guys like Ishod, mike mo , Cory etc at the same age is trash. He better come in heavy with that baker part cause even the vans footage the other day is mediocre

Those guys didn't put out much before their first real parts.... give it time, he's already put out more than mike mo in his whole career.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

hateboard

« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2019, 04:10:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Those guys didn't put out much before their first real parts.... give it time, he's already put out more than mike mo in his whole career.

Thats regular, Mo was putting out tech cameo shit for years alongside p-rod and ‘nugget’. Kader would probably win skater of the year if his baker 4 part was half as good as Mo’s Fully Flared part. Kader is like TK in many ways, The hype created by Reynolds and the mythology around him build to the point everyone jumps on board, but unlike lord shalom himself, I can see Kader going the way of trainwreck or some other scene burnout and giving skating up completely.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2019, 04:14:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Kader’s already had his first real part so now it does seem like he’s on a downhill slide.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2019, 05:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thats regular, Mo was putting out tech cameo shit for years alongside p-rod and ‘nugget’. Kader would probably win skater of the year if his baker 4 part was half as good as Mo’s Fully Flared part. Kader is like TK in many ways, The hype created by Reynolds and the mythology around him build to the point everyone jumps on board, but unlike lord shalom himself, I can see Kader going the way of trainwreck or some other scene burnout and giving skating up completely.

Nah