Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249699 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #630 on: October 17, 2019, 06:43:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Figgy drops Emerica, gets on Vans, has to re-film everything and it gets pushed back again.
[close]

the better timeline is figgy drops emerica, gets on vans, and then has even more ridiculous footage in baker 4 via emerica-footy dump

emerica is done next year, so we'll get a emerica footy dump video

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #631 on: October 17, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Figgy drops Emerica, gets on Vans, has to re-film everything and it gets pushed back again.
[close]

the better timeline is figgy drops emerica, gets on vans, and then has even more ridiculous footage in baker 4 via emerica-footy dump
[close]

"We used to be MADE"

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #632 on: October 17, 2019, 08:29:40 PM »
where does all this Kader hope come from? Ppl saying hes like the next Nyjah / child prodigy but I am yet to see any tricks out of his camp that are anything more than warm up tricks from the 90s era. I admit I dont stalk his insta, so please take this opportunity to enlighten me as to why yall think he is the saviour of Baker. Does he do jaw dropping nbd rail tech like Nugget? Does he bust down huge gaps like Joslin? Does he have some insane manual tech like Daewon? Does he have a crazy switch game like PRod? Does he have anything that sets him apart? I just dont get it. Are you all just regurgitating the Boss's early comments / hype about how good he is without evidence or has he been destroying in clips I missed (apart from that dime bombdrop)

I like how your whole argument of “what sets him apart” just boils down to “does he have characteristics of these other skaters”

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »
sick video

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »
can anyone post the new ad?
Nov 29th

Edit: I don’t know how to properly post an image here but if you click this thumbnail it should get bigger
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:18:17 AM by Pappy Jones »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #635 on: October 18, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
This is the 10th time I’ve let it be known in this thread but it was always August 2020.

Welcome home again terry.

Free max b
[close]

If you are going to take my joke at least give me some credit for it.
Never heard of ya. Keep skating kid.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #636 on: October 18, 2019, 06:17:56 AM »
He makes skating in old skools and half cabs looks so sick.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #637 on: October 18, 2019, 07:08:59 AM »
Kader's part will be good. Back smith front 180s with this much authority doesn't just come to run of the mill hype only kids.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #638 on: October 18, 2019, 10:11:41 AM »
That was a Dylan-esque back smith front 1. I know, I know... but it was.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #639 on: October 18, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »
That back smith front 180 is truly beautiful and done so well what the

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #640 on: October 18, 2019, 01:23:33 PM »
November 29th.  Per Reynolds IG

thebacker

« Reply #641 on: October 18, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #642 on: October 18, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
Kaders still never had a real full part yet right? I feel like its dumb to judge him on instagram and webclips. He's obviously got a bunch of shit saved up for the video.

...before he cool guys and leaves for FA or some shit

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #643 on: October 18, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
where does all this Kader hope come from? Ppl saying hes like the next Nyjah / child prodigy but I am yet to see any tricks out of his camp that are anything more than warm up tricks from the 90s era. I admit I dont stalk his insta, so please take this opportunity to enlighten me as to why yall think he is the saviour of Baker. Does he do jaw dropping nbd rail tech like Nugget? Does he bust down huge gaps like Joslin? Does he have some insane manual tech like Daewon? Does he have a crazy switch game like PRod? Does he have anything that sets him apart? I just dont get it. Are you all just regurgitating the Boss's early comments / hype about how good he is without evidence or has he been destroying in clips I missed (apart from that dime bombdrop)
[close]

I like how your whole argument of “what sets him apart” just boils down to “does he have characteristics of these other skaters”

There was no argument, just raising the question, and I wasnt saying he was shit if he didn't have those characteristics, just providing examples of how most the top skaters stand apart for doing SOMETHING better than the others.

Sure the kid can land basic tricks well, hes a fucking pro for Baker, but the hype surrounding him is unjustified so far. Wont matter tho, dude will frontside flip a 12 stair and boardslide a kinked rail and everyone will say they are the best ever versions of that trick, how hes good for his age (even though hes nearly a grown ass man) and how nice a guy he is, etc. Reynolds deserves a rise for pulling off the next TK hypemachine. Hes a master.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 01:48:49 PM by hateboard »

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #644 on: October 18, 2019, 01:50:58 PM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #645 on: October 18, 2019, 02:03:34 PM »
Kader had a full part in that Emerica promo a few years back. I think he was 14 for the majority of filming. He's obviously young and developing, but it's still really good.

It's crazy that some of you consider shit like backside 360 kickflips off bumps and back smith front 180s on tables to be "basics."
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #646 on: October 18, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »
Expand Quote
November 29th.  Per Reynolds IG
[close]

who?

Per Welinders brother.  Last names work differently where they’re from

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #647 on: October 18, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »
dru is dope [swim]

so 2 richard blu$t
mArLeY

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #648 on: October 18, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There was no argument, just raising the question, and I wasnt saying he was shit if he didn't have those characteristics, just providing examples of how most the top skaters stand apart for doing SOMETHING better than the others.

Sure the kid can land basic tricks well, hes a fucking pro for Baker, but the hype surrounding him is unjustified so far. Wont matter tho, dude will frontside flip a 12 stair and boardslide a kinked rail and everyone will say they are the best ever versions of that trick, how hes good for his age (even though hes nearly a grown ass man) and how nice a guy he is, etc. Reynolds deserves a rise for pulling off the next TK hypemachine. Hes a master.
If you really wanted to know why he has the hype you can look up his web footage or even the ig clip i shared that you ignored. Like I said, you do not do back smith front 180s and kickflip back noseblunts like that and just be all hype. Or maybe your idea of "basic tricks" is just that high up. If so, good luck.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:35:12 PM by camel filters »

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #649 on: October 18, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »
Nov 29. Kaders part should be damn good.
Gonna have some bud and the flat screen ready

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #650 on: October 18, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who still calls him Nugget? This isn't 2010

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #651 on: October 18, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[/quote
The master has also brought us Dee, TK, Theotis, and for some reason is hyping this kid more than Rowan who is probably better than the entire team.  Reynolds is one of the best but let’s pump the brakes a little.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #652 on: October 18, 2019, 03:50:27 PM »
Kader's part will be good. Back smith front 180s with this much authority doesn't just come to run of the mill hype only kids.

Did the boss finally let him size down his board now that he's fully trained up or what?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #653 on: October 18, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #654 on: October 18, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »

Little Debbie

« Reply #655 on: October 18, 2019, 06:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've been dreading hearing something like this for over 10 years now. that brand has such an amazing legacy but maybe it is time to pack it in.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #656 on: October 18, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
If you really wanted to know why he has the hype you can look up his web footage or even the ig clip i shared that you ignored. Like I said, you do not do back smith front 180s and kickflip back noseblunts like that and just be all hype. Or maybe your idea of "basic tricks" is just that high up. If so, good luck.

I did see all his IG clips and the link you posted. Not ignoring but not blown away yet either. No doubt the kid has a solid style and a growing bag of skate park tricks, how many of these he can take to baker sized street spots will be the test. Im not hating on him or anyone at Baker, still one of my top 3 board teams, just not a fan of overhype / marketing as its often like a religious cult. People start seeing shit that isn't there. I will judge him on tricks and style alone. The rest is just brainwash marketing shit.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2019, 10:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I did see all his IG clips and the link you posted. Not ignoring but not blown away yet either. No doubt the kid has a solid style and a growing bag of skate park tricks, how many of these he can take to baker sized street spots will be the test. Im not hating on him or anyone at Baker, still one of my top 3 board teams, just not a fan of overhype / marketing as its often like a religious cult. People start seeing shit that isn't there. I will judge him on tricks and style alone. The rest is just brainwash marketing shit.
not sure if this counts but that one clip of him back noseblunting that whole ledge in philly was pretty wild. Aside from strobeck butchering the filming it was sick.

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2019, 11:02:01 PM »
I'm coming out and being honest on slap, kader might just be a flop in the next few years... He sells because of a combination with his skin color and being picked up on baker. ALSO weirdly enough everyone is in love with his mouth, the way he hangs it open with that fore fronted smirk where you can see his braces n shit. People go crazy over that