Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249616 times)

hmmmokay

Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #1620 on: November 24, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »
Loved it.  You’re fooling yourself if the hype you built up, on a personal level, was based off of the idea that this was going to be another Baker 3.  Two different eras of a continually great team.  Appreciate it for what it is, and if you don’t like the team then don’t watch the vid.

......all that being said, I agree with the disdain for Zach Allen. Not great.

Ocelot

« Reply #1621 on: November 24, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »
I appreciate all the moretti beer throughout the video

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #1622 on: November 24, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »
I enjoyed TFUNK and Kader's parts

showbobs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1623 on: November 24, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
Well is was.. A Baker video.

Had a feeling halfway through it that we'll never be able to have Baker2G or Baker3 Baker again and I'll have to try to accept it for what it was.

Felt more like a Supreme video than a Baker video at a lot of points throughout the video.

Surprisingly liked Spankys part a lot more than I thought, and as mentioned plenty of times on here Sammy Baca had by far the best part and should have had last. I felt like I had already seen most of those tricks from Figgy spread around his last 10 parts.

Honestly a complete let down overall but that's what happens when you spend years and years hyping up a video you know will never live up to the expectation. 

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1624 on: November 24, 2019, 05:26:06 PM »
Besides Baca and Figgy, Baker is of hammers.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1625 on: November 24, 2019, 05:37:29 PM »
I really enjoyed it.  I’m not articulate so I’m gonna try and say this the best I can. It seemed like a more mature baker. Like granted the OGs are older and the young dudes aren’t as wild but it was great seemed very positive and like in a weird way the culture of skateboarding how it should be homie as fuck and kinda silly and sketchy.

Long story short. I’m glad they did it how they did as of this is baker now instead of forcing an image of a company to look how it did 15- 20 years ago. Because That isn’t working for zero

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1626 on: November 24, 2019, 05:56:40 PM »
Thee thee must be poppin too many henny bottles in the club he lookin fat

Snacks

« Reply #1627 on: November 24, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
I haven't rewatched Kitsch since the premier but did T-Funk and Jack O'Grady have the same ender at the same spot?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1628 on: November 24, 2019, 06:01:48 PM »
T-Funk did it frontside, Jack did it backside.... so T-Funk one-downed him.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #1629 on: November 24, 2019, 06:03:41 PM »
Why did they skate that one set of stairs so much and have two enders on it?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1630 on: November 24, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
kader's footy was great but i miss when he rode big boy boards. looks like hes riding an 8.5
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #1631 on: November 24, 2019, 06:07:03 PM »

Fat, irresponsible with money, low impact Theotis is a complete vibe though.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #1632 on: November 24, 2019, 06:14:44 PM »
Why did they skate that one set of stairs so much and have two enders on it?

That spot is called Del Toro is the new proving ground for mediocre skating

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #1633 on: November 24, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »
I thought it was a great video, but it didn't bang me over tha heeeeeeead

KRKD1

« Reply #1634 on: November 24, 2019, 06:25:06 PM »
Expand Quote
everyone saying this wasn't good is going to feel like an idiot when baker 4 is hailed as an instant classic
[close]

It’s 100% subjective. If you feel like people are idiots  for having a different opinion than you, then you have a lot of growing up to do. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

Idk know man. I went to school with a kid who used to spork turds out of a toilet. I don't know why he enjoyed playing with the turds, but he did. Turd sporking ain't my thing, but i felt it was kind of a genuine consensus that the dudes an idiot for sporking random turds out a public restroom.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #1635 on: November 24, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I caught that. I miss the 15 set BS flip days.

kader's footy was great but i miss when he rode big boy boards. looks like hes riding an 8.5

8.5 isn't a big size? That shit is fucking massive. You out here kickflipping on surf boards or some shit?

Video is aight. Not bad but not great. I lost hope after dudes got hype off playing with lady bugs and catching feathers. Definitely felt more like a Supreme video than anything else. Unnecessary zoom ins and wholesomeness (aside from the baker og tribute) did way more to hurt than help.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #1636 on: November 24, 2019, 06:37:10 PM »
I thought it was a great video, but it didn't bang me over tha heeeeeeead

Got you covered

Brguy

« Reply #1637 on: November 24, 2019, 06:37:45 PM »
Just got the video from wallie, opened it, Neck did the Jake Phelps on the carwash, Spanky caught a feather and Kader hurricaned hollywood 16 to a upbeat song. I haven't watched everything, but you guys just sound like a bunch of bitter old dudes to me right now.

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1638 on: November 24, 2019, 07:01:56 PM »
I can’t believe I’m saying this but there’s not enough hijinx or three 6. Getting theotis to fill the “TK” role with nice items didn’t work for me either. They need Strickland

They've needed Strickland since Strickland.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #1639 on: November 24, 2019, 07:09:20 PM »
I’m glad they did it how they did as of this is baker now instead of forcing an image of a company to look how it did 15- 20 years ago. Because That isn’t working for zero

Spot on.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #1640 on: November 24, 2019, 07:10:49 PM »

is this the last thing that had the old baker feel?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1641 on: November 24, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »
Haven’t finished watching the whole thing yet but I haven’t been this excited about a full length in quite some time. Initial thoughts are….

Kader: I wanted to like him, I really did, but the whole zoom-in-on-the-teen-face pedo vibes and the total bukkake of supreme labels made it feel more like a fuccboi ad than an actual part.

T-Funk: Skating to the Beastie Boys is always a plus in my book and heart attack man was the perfect fit for his skating. He actually could’ve ended the part with that song but then came through with some more wild hammers. I have a feeling Stranger would give him props for the hill bomb to wall ride at mach 10. Sure, he doesn’t have the greatest fits in the game, but I’m hardly one to talk as I probably looked 76x worse than him at that age decked out in goofy boy attire.

Dollin: Repping piss drunx till the day he dies. Kinda dumb to be still promoting that image after 18 + years (and the Ali stuff is pretty sad when you consider how he ended up) but at least we know he’s not trend hopping ala Grecs. Dustin will probably be carving PD symbols into tables at his retirement home at this point. Looking very very haggard but you can’t deny that he still has the balls to try some sketchy shit. I have a feeling he is a very sad and lonely human, but I doubt he’s ever going to let that let that get in the way of his live fast/ die (moderately) young image. For better or worse he put Australia on the map and hasn’t slowed down since despite the fact that his body is totally wrecked.

Jacopo: I love it when Baker finds raw talent and introduces them through their vids like they did with Antwuan. Kinda reminds me of when Pat Duffy just came out of nowhere in questionable. Dude skates with power no doubt, but yeah, would have liked to see him skate a few more spots…

Tyson: Doesn’t really do that much for me, I’m old though so take that as you will…

Spanky: Fucking hell, he looks magical on his board at the moment; I’m going to go out on a limb and say this is the best he’s ever looked in terms of style/ tricks. Hard to believe he once lost his pro model and had to earn it back while lots of other Baker riders milked it *hard glances at Theotis*. At this point I think his part might have the most rewatch value for me.

Herman: Can you really complain about a Herman part in 2019? I know I can’t…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1642 on: November 24, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m glad they did it how they did as of this is baker now instead of forcing an image of a company to look how it did 15- 20 years ago. Because That isn’t working for zero
[close]

Spot on.

Agreed. This is a great insight Murge.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #1643 on: November 24, 2019, 07:23:35 PM »
*speaking about some of you,not all*
Please please give Me a link
*gets a link
video sucked

Ya'll whiny freeloading bitch ass newbs really expecting Baker2g or 3?

Sammy Baca dropped a full part and Dustin actually rolled away from all the crazy shit he tried to flip in/ollie into. Baker has been of Baker for a while now,some of that flavor is still there,but c'mon fuckos catch up.

Oh yea I hope Zach gets dropped from the team asap,he's Diet Antwuan in the making hijinx wise
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 07:25:31 PM by Francis Xavier »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1644 on: November 24, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »
It was good but it definitely lacked the signature Baker video feel. Do any of the new kids even hang out with each other outside of filming sessions? I could be wrong as I don't keep up with the magazines and shit, but it seems like the newer team is segmented.

It was a good watch but I don't think this video will fall under the "classics" category like 2g and 3. Only time will tell I guess.

Figgy is gnarly but I don't get anything out of watching him skate. Same with Baca.

I thought Rowan far and away had the best part. Spanky was surprisingly good.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #1645 on: November 24, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »
I very much enjoyed this video.

Spanky and T-Funk and Dollin were my faves.

Thought the music selection and overall vibe was really good. I also like how Reynolds, Ellington, Dollin, Steamer, Heyl and co are all still hangin out havin a good time.

Only downside was that Zach Allen part was pretty average.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1646 on: November 24, 2019, 07:43:08 PM »
Shame that the TK footage ended up in that Muta part. The scary thing is, it would have been one of the best parts in Baker 4!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1647 on: November 24, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He looks smoother than ever though! One of my favorite sections and I used to cringe watching theotis.

Spanky's section with the Ramones song was awesome.

I was unsure after Kader's part but ended up enjoying the video.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1648 on: November 24, 2019, 07:52:54 PM »
wow that was sick, I really enjoyed it.

Kader's part was great, i really like his flip tricks down stairs. Esp backside flip, nollie back heel and FS half cab flip That Stones song fit great, I felt it captured Reynolds admiration and fatherly care for Kader.

T-Funk Half cab into wall was sick as fuck and gap fs wallride from the curb cut was insane. fakie flip on wilshire notable as well. Not really for me but no doubt some great stuff in there.

Beauty Ali part and Dusty was a huge surprise. Really came through considering 6 knee surgeries. Alex Cameron fit well. Might be time to move on from the painted on Peter Pan pants though?! Front heel was sick as

Jacopo Wilshire line was amazing. Great style and bag of tricks. his two tricks at the multi level marble ledges in europe were unreal, but really all his ledge stuff is great. Song fit well. Its cool that dudes are peppered throughout the video, outside their parts. EDIT: second watch this dude is amazing, switch bs flip over the can, and all those flip outs on that upper ledge.

Tyson... not into the song, clothing, hair, style on a skateboard or really anything other than his flip back tail. I realize he was injured and i respect the flip bs smith dip but just not for me. Worst fits and hair maybe ever. Never go full white guy with dreads...I imagine his taste in music to just be horrific.

Zach Allen...NO thank you, that was foul. "Wassap Haters" was on repeat in my head during the entire part. "I'm not a bum" Don't be so sure mon frere

Loved seeing a Mike Gilottie clip

Spanly can do no wrong with me, absolutely loved the Ronettes cover. AA bs flip xo, loved all the classic tricks plus i thought he added some great new ones. loved the 3 up 3 down line, kickflip nose, switch nose fakie flip, wilshire line and fs flips, switch crook halfcab flip two tables etc. Great fits, pants and his shoes look great. Next to pappy the greatest comeback in my eyes, loved it.

Herman one of my all time favs, opening line and 36 so good. Wonder why he didn't have more, I guess on 9club he said he was kinda over video parts/Rich as fuck. As far as i know he's healthy and people just want his classics but all good things must come to an end. I sure miss Heath. Ariel Pink was ok i felt another song either by him or another in general would have been better. EDIT: second watch Herm put it down, classic Herm and the more is less theory, which i fully endorse. noticed more herm the second watch.

Elissa is rad, amazing to see her still out there getting it. Shane Heyl Yuck, Ellington is a gad damn legend.

Riley...One of my favorite Nirvana songs, due to a certain murderous wench in my head the reason there won't be hard copies " I want $4,000,000 to use that song". I'm not into denim leggings, finger flips, or double flips, pump track footage...not even hardflip nosegrabs. At least it was short, def not sweet.

Theotis...Big thing to take away from this is save your money kids. Guess he figures money lasts forever or a pro career does, one or the other. Some hard manuals and ledge tricks no doubt.Switch bigspin heel was nice. Hall n Oats was weird in my opinion. Nightclub scene with sunglasses nearly made me vomit "I got 20k on my neck". Get the diamond testers out.

The boss...My top 3 are Heath, Dylan, and Reynolds. I love Brian Eno so i'm totally into that and thought it worked well, not as good as DeBobby's choice but good nonetheless. Prolly the greatest of all time, I think he is moving through his ladder career extremely graciously. Looks great in Vans/ Ellington is a gat damn legend, the switch fs flip flawless. Thought he had great stuff throughout the entire video, i like how it was sprinkled.

Baca...Rowan in Dylan. holy shit never would have thought, I was expecting a few ditch tricks, he came through pretty hard. i lol'd when he rolled off that roof, death defying. Earth Angel kicked ass, one of my fav era'S in music. Didn't realize he had such ill flatground tricks, this part really changed my opinion of him from negative to positive. Ender noseslide rewind was insane.

BEagle1ism/Murdy... hahahahaahah/ illuminati cracker...Aruba=kooka

Rowan...Lovely song that fit well i thought. Love his bag and style esp. his flip tricks. Expected a bit more length wise but great all around part. Highly rewatchable. Switch hard and nose were insane, full cab flip hill bomb even crazier. Actually my fav part in the video forsure. Edit: After a second watch Spanky has my fav part, although Rowan could take that spot in time.

Figgy...Eric Burden fucking rules. Everything was amazing sans le am shuffle, crook back lip is forever illegal no matter who you are. This dude goes hard for every part. That was bonkers and totally deserved the curtains. Take his career as a whole and i wouldn't be mad if he was crowed soty. Song fit perfectly imo

Brilliant all around video which i will def rewatch many times, skipping some though. Very grateful to have an early link.  Totally met, maybe even slightly surpassed my expectations. Expected way way more high jinx and was strongly disappointed in that regard.

Nuge what in the actual fuck happened, you only had 12 years to film a part...a couple of ollies and a nosebonk?!? Hang it up for christ's sake or satans sake whatever the fuck.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:55:31 AM by figureitout »

conqueso

« Reply #1649 on: November 24, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »
Shame that the TK footage ended up in that Muta part. The scary thing is, it would have been one of the best parts in Baker 4!

big facts