Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249350 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #1830 on: November 26, 2019, 06:33:45 AM »
I thought it was great.

It's great to see old dudes still going.

I never liked Dollin, but his part was really solid, I was honestly shocked by what he's capable of doing while continuing to be a total wreck.

Baca's part was super good and I could watch him play radio dj in the car regularly. There should be like a weekly 10 min clip... "Sammy's Jams of the Week" or something like that put out by thrasher.

Herman and Figgy had great parts.

Spanky's part was strong.

When I first started watching it, I thought "Well, I guess Kader put all his good footage in Candyland", but then the second half started... I don't understand why everyone is hating on him, his part was sick, and he's still a little kid. I think Reynolds has put him on the right track, so he definitely has the potential to be great.

There was 2 moments when Reynolds did a fake-out frontside flip, it looked like he was setting up for one, but then did something else. I thought that was something great for the skate nerds.

It was a dope vid. The whole crew was there, everyone was having fun, felt good.

You guys know that Baker 3 came out almost 15 years ago, right? In 15 years a lot of things change. It's ok.
thought the same about AR frontside flips. Switched it up. Shifty’d it. There was a lack of frontside flips from him all together. Changing times.

straight fucking edge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #1831 on: November 26, 2019, 06:51:37 AM »
62 pages and nobody has pointed out where gas is $5.14/gal in the clip where reynolds is skating over the trash cans stacked over each other.  you wild california!!!
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1832 on: November 26, 2019, 06:53:40 AM »
Petition for Andrew Reynolds to publicly apologise for Baker4
http://chng.it/sdkNDgyj22

I know this is a joke ...but to think that there are actually people out there who feel entitled enough in this day and age to demand an apology for a video that they didn’t pay a cent for....

Wow.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2019, 07:06:23 AM »

Haven't seen it yet but damn imagine being such an entitled bitch about something you watched for free
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #1834 on: November 26, 2019, 07:08:13 AM »
62 pages and nobody has pointed out where gas is $5.14/gal in the clip where reynolds is skating over the trash cans stacked over each other.  you wild california!!!

It's probably somewhere downtown LA. Must be an old clip because gas around here has been around $4 for a while.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1835 on: November 26, 2019, 07:14:35 AM »
remember dollin's 'day in the life' or whatever on vice? and he wanted to buy boots. and i think greco had a similar stop at the nyc boot store and the burned out salesman was like 'ik who you are'.
was that all fake/? like someone who's friends w/ vice and owns a boot store goes 'send in your rockers and we'll feign familiarity for a subtle ad'.
idk, but DD fs heelflipping triggered my repressed memories.

AldusMinutiae

• Rep: 125
« Reply #1836 on: November 26, 2019, 07:19:12 AM »

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1837 on: November 26, 2019, 07:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's probably somewhere downtown LA. Must be an old clip because gas around here has been around $4 for a while.

that's still pretty insane to me.  here in the great city of baltimore it is about 2.40 average

ooleytah

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1838 on: November 26, 2019, 07:41:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haven't seen it yet but damn imagine being such an entitled bitch about something you watched for free

one of the many flaws with the movie....sammy baca has last part.. in his last two tricks he puts his hands down (his end tricks wtf).... this movie wasn't taken serious enough for the skating part and not silly enough for the hijinx.. which this is supposed to be the bread and butter of baker... this was not a baker video this was nothing but a big let down... i hope we can get an apology from Andrew. Sign the petition.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1839 on: November 26, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

one of the many flaws with the movie....sammy baca has last part.. in his last two tricks he puts his hands down (his end tricks wtf).... this movie wasn't taken serious enough for the skating part and not silly enough for the hijinx.. which this is supposed to be the bread and butter of baker... this was not a baker video this was nothing but a big let down... i hope we can get an apology from Andrew. Sign the petition.

i'll sign yours if you sign mine to ban your dumb ass from this website

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #1840 on: November 26, 2019, 07:45:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that's still pretty insane to me.  here in the great city of baltimore it is about 2.40 average

wow that is really really cheap a gal is almost 4 L (right?), in most parts in western europe gas is like 1,30 - 1,60 € per L, so a gallon would be 5,20 - 6,40 € / gal

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #1841 on: November 26, 2019, 07:46:13 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1842 on: November 26, 2019, 07:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

loved this part

haha you can see him almost envisioning himself on that rail how serious he is

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #1843 on: November 26, 2019, 08:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

loved this part
[close]

What if he actually did low key rip and had footy that was completely mind blowing but just hung his shit up and now works security. 😂

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1844 on: November 26, 2019, 08:07:04 AM »
Someone on insta asked when they could buy it and the boss said soon. So maybe they will do hard copies

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1845 on: November 26, 2019, 08:09:05 AM »
Someone on insta asked when they could buy it and the boss said soon. So maybe they will do hard copies
or itunes

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1846 on: November 26, 2019, 08:13:10 AM »
Shit, I haven't even finished watching "Encore" yet  :o

We're spoiled these days.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #1847 on: November 26, 2019, 08:20:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

loved this part
[close]

[close]

What if he actually did low key rip and had footy that was completely mind blowing but just hung his shit up and now works security. 😂

when your mouth says "this shit aint nothin really", but your eyes say "im internally shitting myself by even hypothetically considering this".

raz0rrat

« Reply #1848 on: November 26, 2019, 08:26:53 AM »
The most hijinx thing in all of Baker 4 is how many people get up and leave when Figgy's band starts playing.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #1849 on: November 26, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »
Spanky's part to that song was sick, dude probably had more flow in his skating than everyone else in the video. Also, somehow caught some The End-era Reynolds vibes from some of Reynolds' clips in this, which was great. I was stoned out of my ass when he started ripping shit up in baggy-ish bright blue jeans and got transported back to 1999 again for half a second. Would back a shifty resurgence.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:32:17 AM by silhouette »

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #1850 on: November 26, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »
Damn anyone else surprised by Figgy's kickflip late front shuv over the fence?  Not a trick I would have expected from him.  And is that the same fence Provost skated in his part?  It looks similar but way smaller... could be the angle though.  I'm too lazy to look at the Toy video to double check.

Oh shit I forgot to mention his fs salad down that handrail at the end.  That shit was unexpected as well but that shit was sweet.  Kind of sad that this is last part in a Baker video though...  Solid part but this shit was mediocre.

Ocelot

« Reply #1851 on: November 26, 2019, 08:36:36 AM »
Spanky's part to that song was sick, dude probably had more flow in his skating than everyone else in the video. Also, somehow caught some The End-era Reynolds vibes from some of Reynolds' clips in this, which was great. I was stoned out of my ass when he started ripping shit up in baggy-ish bright blue jeans and got transported back to 1999 again for half a second. Would back a shifty resurgence.

I thought Spanky was kinda done around the Made 2 part, I was surprised by his part here

Much less stiff then he was before

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1852 on: November 26, 2019, 08:51:36 AM »
So hard to resist watching the individual parts on YT. I'd rather just wait for the full vid to drop

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #1853 on: November 26, 2019, 09:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so I take it you’ve never heard of a baker maker?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

7th Chamber

« Reply #1854 on: November 26, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
Feel good video of the decade.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1855 on: November 26, 2019, 09:37:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
so I take it you’ve never heard of a baker maker?

One of your main complaints about this not feeling like a baker video is Baker makers?
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #1856 on: November 26, 2019, 09:42:26 AM »
I’m on rewatch number 3 and listening to the lyrics of Rowan’s song( which I thought fit well) and can’t help but think maybe he’s having a kid. “Inside every man, lives the seed of a flower, If he looks within, he finds beauty and power”

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1857 on: November 26, 2019, 09:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
or itunes

Probably. I wonder if there’s a difference in the rate they have to pay for music rights on iTunes vs dvd and that would prevent them from doing a hard copy

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1858 on: November 26, 2019, 09:47:44 AM »
I’m on rewatch number 3 and listening to the lyrics of Rowan’s song( which I thought fit well) and can’t help but think maybe he’s having a kid. “Inside every man, lives the seed of a flower, If he looks within, he finds beauty and power”

Are you alright?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #1859 on: November 26, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »
The petition is too much. You’re entirely too fussy right now and need a nap.