Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 248559 times)

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #2130 on: December 01, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »
Just my opinion but I thought Riley's part was pretty sick. The only part that wasn't the most exciting, to me, was Zach. And even his part I enjoyed and watched more than once. Sure, I had some little gripes like wishing there was more Boss footage, Elissa's part being longer, and more guest tricks.

I think I already posted in this thread but I really didn't think the video was that bad at all. There has been a long time between videos, skating has completely changed, Baker has completely changed but even still most of the OG riders still crushed. Like someone mentioned above, if we compare B4 to other perennial brands that put out videos this year (Zero, Toy, Santa Cruz and Birdhouse - all of which had incredible skating, and some perfect standalone parts,) one could argue though that Baker 4 was subjectively better than those other videos. Which is maybe why there is a 75 page thread about B4 and not about "Programming Injection” or “Damn It All" (which again had some really fucking dope skating.)

It’s 75 pages because half of those pages were people complaining about the video not coming out exactly when they wanted it to come out and the other half of those pages were grown ass men complaining about the video not meeting their unattainable expectations.

Burt Ward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #2131 on: December 01, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
This isn't just one man project... it's a co-adhesive effort

lol
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2132 on: December 01, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I heard he was on pills and left after his part

Kader part was a real vibe killer. Doing an impossible on flat after an underwhelming trick does not make it a better clip.
[close]

Lost respect for Kader after he didn't go on stage. Who cares if you were that nervous , hide behind somebody .  Least you can do after Baker hype you so much since day 1
[close]

was that actually his excuse? He was nervous? jesus
[close]
Yeah this is a valid take. How are you throwing yourself down stairs and handrails, not scared, watching clips of yourself acting up, pulling pranks on big pink, comfortable in front of a camera, posting stupid videos on twitter and insta, but then too nervous to walk on a stage while someone else talks, namely the guy who has repped and mentored you, shaped your career.
Gotta remember that he's still young i guess, but i think he's just a bit too cool, all those hypebeast clothes are getting to his head. Hopefully he gets a bitch slap from reality in the next few years and pulls his act together.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2133 on: December 01, 2019, 08:01:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Kader part was a real vibe killer. Doing an impossible on flat after an underwhelming trick does not make it a better clip.
[close]

Lost respect for Kader after he didn't go on stage. Who cares if you were that nervous , hide behind somebody .  Least you can do after Baker hype you so much since day 1
[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah this is a valid take. How are you throwing yourself down stairs and handrails, not scared, watching clips of yourself acting up, pulling pranks on big pink, comfortable in front of a camera, posting stupid videos on twitter and insta, but then too nervous to walk on a stage while someone else talks, namely the guy who has repped and mentored you, shaped your career.
Gotta remember that he's still young i guess, but i think he's just a bit too cool, all those hypebeast clothes are getting to his head. Hopefully he gets a bitch slap from reality in the next few years and pulls his act together.
Vilifying a literal teenager for being too nervous to go up on stage before his (excellent, mind you) breakout video part while, at other times, doing very normal teenage activities is among the worst takes in this thread - especially when you consider that "the guy who ... shaped his career" has dealt with way worse and doesn't seem to give a shit if he's onstage or not. Throw in that bit about "pulling his act together" as if he's some legal liability and not, you know, a teenager growing into himself after dropping something like ten minutes of footage in the past year, and I have to congratulate you on your literal garbage for brains. Jesus, get a clue.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2134 on: December 01, 2019, 08:14:34 PM »
I would like to add that I also hate fader for being nervous.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2135 on: December 01, 2019, 11:02:37 PM »
Figgy definitely has his own pro model strain of HPV
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:46:19 AM by Atiba Applebum »

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2136 on: December 01, 2019, 11:34:14 PM »
Im not buying the nervous story, he probably knew his part was shit by the lack of effort he put in. Hiding in shame.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2137 on: December 02, 2019, 01:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Vilifying a literal teenager for being too nervous to go up on stage before his (excellent, mind you) breakout video part while, at other times, doing very normal teenage activities is among the worst takes in this thread - especially when you consider that "the guy who ... shaped his career" has dealt with way worse and doesn't seem to give a shit if he's onstage or not. Throw in that bit about "pulling his act together" as if he's some legal liability and not, you know, a teenager growing into himself after dropping something like ten minutes of footage in the past year, and I have to congratulate you on your literal garbage for brains. Jesus, get a clue.
Chill bruh. I think you misinterpreted my post. I think he probably was nervous but if he was older and a little more mature he could have seen the importance of overcoming his nerves to stand on stage during this moment, given the significance of it and how much AR has done for him. His face is the literal cover of the film (as in actually literal, not "a brain surgeon would find a used diaper filled with cigarette butts inside your skull cavity" literal). Obviously i don't know the guy and can only speculate, but as i said, and as you said, he's only a teenager who is still figuring this shit out. Relax.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

caliballsack

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2138 on: December 02, 2019, 01:07:09 AM »
Im not buying the nervous story, he probably knew his part was shit by the lack of effort he put in. Hiding in shame.

or he had a boner

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2139 on: December 02, 2019, 01:25:49 AM »
Don't know what you were expecting but Kader part looks solid to me.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2140 on: December 02, 2019, 05:42:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

or he had a boner

The only logical conclusion
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2141 on: December 02, 2019, 06:08:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Chill bruh. I think you misinterpreted my post. I think he probably was nervous but if he was older and a little more mature he could have seen the importance of overcoming his nerves to stand on stage during this moment, given the significance of it and how much AR has done for him. His face is the literal cover of the film (as in actually literal, not "a brain surgeon would find a used diaper filled with cigarette butts inside your skull cavity" literal). Obviously i don't know the guy and can only speculate, but as i said, and as you said, he's only a teenager who is still figuring this shit out. Relax.

Haha that is your second block of text you wrote on the topic. Seems like you are the one who needs to relax and "chill bruh". What did kader do to you?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2142 on: December 02, 2019, 06:41:52 AM »
Kader skater vaguely addressing slap rumors in the new thrasher lol

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #2143 on: December 02, 2019, 09:12:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Yep!!!

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
« Reply #2144 on: December 02, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

This
Kader startin ride 18 boards just shows how hard hes trying being cool.
Boss needs to kick him of sooner. He will get on FA filming 2 clips a year and all slap would loves him.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2145 on: December 02, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Anxiety for trying a scary trick and social anxiety of big crowds are two complete different things. Just because you're not scared trying gnarly shit on a skateboard doesn't mean you can't be terrified of getting on stage in front a big ass crowd of people.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #2146 on: December 02, 2019, 11:49:16 AM »
Who edited the video? If I'm not mistaken Beagle, Reynolds and Dollin did in other projects, but I refuse to believe they were the ones that jumped the Fat Bill bandwagon with those zoom ins and unnecessary slow mos. That's the main problem with the video and why it doesn't feel so much like a Baker video, not the lack of hijinks. Oh and the lack of intro and outro too.

The skating was great though, the soundtrack too.

The winners were Rowan (can't think of a most gracious motherfucker on a board) and Baca, that shove it out of the noselide caught me of guard. He should have got the ender and not Figgy as everyone expected him or Kader to get it, it would have been such a cool surprise.

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

hateboard

• Rep: -277
« Reply #2147 on: December 02, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »
Who edited the video?

Reynolds did it solo I believe.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2148 on: December 02, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Who edited the video?
[close]

Reynolds did it solo I believe.
Damn. Is that why it wasn’t that good?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2150 on: December 02, 2019, 03:53:40 PM »
Who edited the video? If I'm not mistaken Beagle, Reynolds and Dollin did in other projects, but I refuse to believe they were the ones that jumped the Fat Bill bandwagon with those zoom ins and unnecessary slow mos. That's the main problem with the video and why it doesn't feel so much like a Baker video, not the lack of hijinks. Oh and the lack of intro and outro too.

The winners were Rowan (can't think of a most gracious motherfucker on a board) and Baca, that shove it out of the noselide caught me of guard. He should have got the ender and not Figgy as everyone expected him or Kader to get it, it would have been such a cool surprise.

Unnecessary slo mos are the foundation of the Baker brand.  Check Baker Bootlef or 2G when J Strickland was making their videos. 

The Fat Bill looking footage was more than likely shot by Fat Bill.  You don’t control that shit in the edit

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #2151 on: December 02, 2019, 07:30:00 PM »

Kader is a shit talker and the industry loves him
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:02:32 PM by ihatejulio »

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2152 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »

KB at the premiere. Baked.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2153 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #2154 on: December 02, 2019, 08:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Unnecessary slo mos are the foundation of the Baker brand.  Check Baker Bootlef or 2G when J Strickland was making their videos. 

The Fat Bill looking footage was more than likely shot by Fat Bill.  You don’t control that shit in the edit

All the long lense SF footage was shot by Felix Soto who is employed by Baker. So they definitely have control of how they wanted the footage to look.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #2155 on: December 03, 2019, 12:35:26 AM »

KB at the premiere. Baked.

more surprising than zach allens part

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #2156 on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »
Finally watched it. I see where everyone is coming from with the hate, having said that, I really liked it.
T-Funk is the shit!

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2157 on: December 03, 2019, 04:27:45 AM »
I keep going back to Spanly's part and Reynolds' part. That fucking song (Big Ship) and the smile that Ellington flashes just really gets to the core of where I am in this whole thing right now.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2158 on: December 03, 2019, 05:46:50 AM »
Rewatched it a few times now, I’ve been enjoying skipping kader and starting with tfunk. For some reason I really like the song in dustins part.
I’m really enjoying the video with the exception of like two or three parts, and have really been enjoying the legacy people’s tricks. Was so stoked on elissa I ordered that gnarhunter/antihero hoodie she’s wearing in the beginning of her part

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2159 on: December 03, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »
Upon third viewing, I enjoy T-Funk, Elissa, Herman & Baca's parts the most.

I especially liked seeing that Carhartt vest chilling.