Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 139480 times)

Idk

• Rep: 0
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #2160 on: December 02, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
Who edited the video?

Reynolds did it solo I believe.
Damn. Is that why it wasnít that good?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106

@mray3k
                         follow for crooks 180s and fakie flips

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #2162 on: December 02, 2019, 03:53:40 PM »
Who edited the video? If I'm not mistaken Beagle, Reynolds and Dollin did in other projects, but I refuse to believe they were the ones that jumped the Fat Bill bandwagon with those zoom ins and unnecessary slow mos. That's the main problem with the video and why it doesn't feel so much like a Baker video, not the lack of hijinks. Oh and the lack of intro and outro too.

The skating was great though, the soundtrack too.

The winners were Rowan (can't think of a most gracious motherfucker on a board) and Baca, that shove it out of the noselide caught me of guard. He should have got the ender and not Figgy as everyone expected him or Kader to get it, it would have been such a cool surprise.

Unnecessary slo mos are the foundation of the Baker brand.  Check Baker Bootlef or 2G when J Strickland was making their videos. 

The Fat Bill looking footage was more than likely shot by Fat Bill.  You donít control that shit in the edit

ihatejulio

• Rep: 65
« Reply #2163 on: December 02, 2019, 07:30:00 PM »

Kader is a shit talker and the industry loves him
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:02:32 PM by ihatejulio »

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #2164 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »

KB at the premiere. Baked.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #2165 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

HORSES

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2166 on: December 02, 2019, 08:53:05 PM »
Who edited the video? If I'm not mistaken Beagle, Reynolds and Dollin did in other projects, but I refuse to believe they were the ones that jumped the Fat Bill bandwagon with those zoom ins and unnecessary slow mos. That's the main problem with the video and why it doesn't feel so much like a Baker video, not the lack of hijinks. Oh and the lack of intro and outro too.

The skating was great though, the soundtrack too.

The winners were Rowan (can't think of a most gracious motherfucker on a board) and Baca, that shove it out of the noselide caught me of guard. He should have got the ender and not Figgy as everyone expected him or Kader to get it, it would have been such a cool surprise.

Unnecessary slo mos are the foundation of the Baker brand.  Check Baker Bootlef or 2G when J Strickland was making their videos. 

The Fat Bill looking footage was more than likely shot by Fat Bill.  You donít control that shit in the edit

All the long lense SF footage was shot by Felix Soto who is employed by Baker. So they definitely have control of how they wanted the footage to look.

mclovin1336

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2167 on: December 03, 2019, 12:35:26 AM »

KB at the premiere. Baked.

more surprising than zach allens part

Suit Up!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -344
« Reply #2168 on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »
Finally watched it. I see where everyone is coming from with the hate, having said that, I really liked it.
T-Funk is the shit!

ShoeProblem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #2169 on: December 03, 2019, 04:27:45 AM »
I keep going back to Spanly's part and Reynolds' part. That fucking song (Big Ship) and the smile that Ellington flashes just really gets to the core of where I am in this whole thing right now.

Esmith5488

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2170 on: December 03, 2019, 05:46:50 AM »
Rewatched it a few times now, Iíve been enjoying skipping kader and starting with tfunk. For some reason I really like the song in dustins part.
Iím really enjoying the video with the exception of like two or three parts, and have really been enjoying the legacy peopleís tricks. Was so stoked on elissa I ordered that gnarhunter/antihero hoodie sheís wearing in the beginning of her part

ok boomer

• Rep: 6
  • 10-4, Dinosaur
« Reply #2171 on: December 03, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »
Upon third viewing, I enjoy T-Funk, Elissa, Herman & Baca's parts the most.

I especially liked seeing that Carhartt vest chilling.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2172 on: December 03, 2019, 07:24:47 AM »
there's a venn diagram in with Silas, Bledsoe, and Herman in it (appearance-wise).  Not sure who fits in which part

doyle

• Rep: 93
« Reply #2173 on: December 03, 2019, 08:14:32 AM »
there's a venn diagram in with Silas, Bledsoe, and Herman in it (appearance-wise).  Not sure who fits in which part

Couldn't help but notice how much Herman looked like new Zero guy Adam Arunski in this clip.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2174 on: December 03, 2019, 12:06:35 PM »
Did anyone do a buttload of tail drop kickflips after baker 3 came out?

I remember right after that video I started doing them off any drop thing I could find. Most of the time it wouldn't even land into an incline, so I just land and stand there stationary. I used to just find big straight drops to do it off and just not go anywhere after. Just land, feel sort of cool, then eventually push away.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:25:40 PM by Bristol_Palin »

Adrian Fernandez

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2175 on: December 03, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
Spanky part was good
Baca and Figgy had best parts
Tfunk and Kader were average at best
Editing was not good, you can't defend it. They can at least put a little more effort into the video. It just seemed like a lot of people in the video didn't take it seriously. They had so much time to film and it seemed like the video was filmed in the past year.
Also can someone explain to me what happened to Cyril, Donta and Dee Ostrander
Bring back the Angus Bacon and Cheese!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 15
    • Cigarettes for Cardio
« Reply #2176 on: December 03, 2019, 12:54:54 PM »

Yes, but I think that was a side effect of being 14. Tail drop kickflips where the style at the time

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2177 on: December 03, 2019, 01:39:01 PM »
I have on good authority Baca won SOTY from Dirt Backyards & Bench Press Equipment Quarterly

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #2178 on: December 03, 2019, 08:53:14 PM »
Long Version:

Zhuangzi's wife died. When Huizu went to convey his condolences, he found Zhuangzi sitting with his legs sprawled out, pounding on a tub and singing. "You lived with her, she brought up your children and grew old," said Huizu. "It should be enough simply not to weep at her death. But pounding on a tub and singing - this is going too far, isn't it?"

Zhuangzi said, "You're wrong. When she first died, do you think I didn't grieve like anyone else? But I looked back to her beginning and the time before she was born. Not only the time before she was born, but the time before she had a body. Not only the time before she had a body, but the time before she had a spirit. In the midst of the jumble of wonder and mystery a change took place and she had a spirit. Another change and she had a body. Another change and she was born. Now there's been another change and she's dead. It's just like the progression of the four seasons, spring, summer, fall, winter.

Short Version:

We all die.  If we're lucky, we age and die.  Reynolds rolls up to the Hollywood 16.  Then it's Beagle's dog.  Whoomp. There it is.
This got buried awhile back but I love this take

Theme For A Jackal

• Rep: -21
« Reply #2179 on: December 03, 2019, 09:05:07 PM »
Spanky part was good
Editing was not good, you can't defend it. They can at least put a little more effort into the video. It just seemed like a lot of people in the video didn't take it seriously. They had so much time to film and it seemed like the video was filmed in the past year.

You gotta get your fucking head checked if you thought T-Funkís part was average at best...

Suit Up!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -344
« Reply #2180 on: December 04, 2019, 01:20:03 AM »
Spanky part was good

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you not watch his part?

MC Solaar

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2181 on: December 04, 2019, 02:57:54 AM »

Would very much like to see this.

Esmith5488

« Reply #2182 on: December 04, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »

Would very much like to see this.
Sweater game is strong with all three

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 441
« Reply #2183 on: December 04, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
Spanky part was good

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you not watch his part?
T-Funk's arms are easy to make fun of but he does crazy enough shit to warrant them. That gap to wallride to bomb through the movie set was enough alone to get me hyped to skate. If his part was just that and the noseblunt drop in, I would still think it was one of the highlights of the vid.

I wish I didn't have to look at your sig in every thread tbh. That shit is annoying and usually so are your posts.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2184 on: December 04, 2019, 12:46:47 PM »

Yes, but I think that was a side effect of being 14. Tail drop kickflips where the style at the time

glad to know I wasn't alone.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #2185 on: December 04, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
I saw footage on IG of spanky doing a hurricane grind on the garfield rail and then a frontside kickflip down the second set. how come they didn't use that footage?

Little Debbie

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2186 on: December 04, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
Reynolds interview on Thrasher makes it seem like they weren't producing enough.

"Eventually if theyíre doing less work and getting the same as everybody else you would start to think like, Okay, well, I guess thatís just what I can do. Itís just bad for everything. It doesnít send a message of, like, to be on this team you have to work hard and skate hard, be cool with everybody, a lot of things go into it."

Soft Boiled

« Reply #2187 on: December 04, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
I have on good authority Baca won SOTY from Dirt Backyards & Bench Press Equipment Quarterly
The level of commitment that Baca displays towards  his Cholo-Cosplay, is simply incredible homie. Itís all in the details homie. Heís repping for the little homies, homie.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 441
« Reply #2188 on: December 04, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
Reynolds interview on Thrasher makes it seem like they weren't producing enough.

"Eventually if theyíre doing less work and getting the same as everybody else you would start to think like, Okay, well, I guess thatís just what I can do. Itís just bad for everything. It doesnít send a message of, like, to be on this team you have to work hard and skate hard, be cool with everybody, a lot of things go into it."
I'm sure keeping Nuge on is sending a great message to the rest of the team.

I wish I didn't have to look at your sig in every thread tbh. That shit is annoying and usually so are your posts.

specialgee

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2189 on: December 04, 2019, 10:13:08 PM »
so is it coming in August or what ??