Author Topic: Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?  (Read 39618 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
Re: Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2020, 01:16:32 PM »

lol, this was posted by that dork that got Feedback Ted fired. 

RipnDip sucks and needs to be exposed/destroyed but I have a feeling this guy is more concerned with his own social capital than keeping anyone safe
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheDingus

« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2020, 01:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

RipnDip sucks and needs to be exposed/destroyed but I have a feeling this guy is more concerned with his own social capital than keeping anyone safe

Yeah, this clown might as well start a YouTube account and follow in the footsteps of John Hill

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2020, 01:30:46 PM »
Those of you saying you’ve never heard of Rip n Dip pridefully are corny.  You’re on a pretty prestigious skate forum so educate yourself on the industry a bit.  They have multiple page ads in skate magazines and coverage all across skate media.  I like rip grip and all the nerdy gimmicks from skateboardings glory days too but I wish we could all keep up at least a little bit.  Sorry for being a jerk here but I feel that it needed to be said.
Rip grip was dope i liked putting it next to my Ugly Stix to help with early grab crooked cops. 
Don't be bummed that people don't know/care about some mall brand.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2020, 03:01:19 PM »
Those of you saying you’ve never heard of Rip n Dip pridefully are corny.  You’re on a pretty prestigious skate forum so educate yourself on the industry a bit.  They have multiple page ads in skate magazines and coverage all across skate media.  I like rip grip and all the nerdy gimmicks from skateboardings glory days too but I wish we could all keep up at least a little bit.  Sorry for being a jerk here but I feel that it needed to be said.
its purely a mall brand and they have nothing of value. So if you didn’t know about ripndip before this then why would you? I’m jealous of y’all that haven’t heard about this shit company.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
Came here to post that IG link. O'con is a piece of shit. He hit my friend he was dating at the time when we were in high school and I've heard multiple repeated situations. Steals art, fucks over friends, skates cars and gets other skaters beat up for it, hits women, this dude deserved to get shitcanned a fucking decade ago. Fuck him

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2020, 03:45:36 PM »
You’re on a pretty prestigious skate forum
wow
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
You’re on a pretty prestigious skate forum
[close]
wow

Good to see you got something meaningful out of my comment.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »
i swear to god there was a thread here on slap back when i registered about ripndip being abusive assholes and potentially even rape allegations (maybe via johan?)

C.J. Gap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
Have a good weekend everybody but it’s still f ripndip out here. “Alleged allegations” jfc. Purchasing an 8 million dollar Malibu house thanks to ripped off artwork.
https://mobile.twitter.com/teenybwain/status/1286761165960478724

yougotcherjager

• Rep: -9
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2020, 06:51:28 PM »
This is not breaking news. Most people have heard about what Ryan O'Connor did... It seems like if you have money these days you can just get away with it/ not even address the allegations.....just like Nyjah Huston did.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, this clown might as well start a YouTube account and follow in the footsteps of John Hill

wait, what happened with feedback ted?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
i swear to god there was a thread here on slap back when i registered about ripndip being abusive assholes and potentially even rape allegations (maybe via johan?)
there was (is?) a friend and i were talking about it yesterday and how this is just now really coming to light, even though it’s been a topic of discussion for like what, 3/4 years at most. even the shit with the braille dudes. insane how long/much it’s taken for people to actually listen and acknowledge what’s been going on

C.J. Gap

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
there was (is?) a friend and i were talking about it yesterday and how this is just now really coming to light, even though it’s been a topic of discussion for like what, 3/4 years at most. even the shit with the braille dudes. insane how long/much it’s taken for people to actually listen and acknowledge what’s been going on
Just think of how long it took for Bill Cosby to get tried. https://www.bustle.com/articles/182422-why-did-it-take-so-long-for-bill-cosby-to-be-tried-hes-faced-decades-of

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2020, 10:21:17 PM »
No matter how much your personal convictions and want to shake the shit of someone for wearing RipNDip there's no point.....   

Let them find out for themselves I don't want to be that guy to cap on someone's kit imagine someone clowning you on because of slave labored Nike or Adidas......

Allow me to reiterate a story from Nollie Flip which you can give or take the scenarios.

Quote from: fakie nollie on July 21, 2020, 08:52:34 AM

This is a long story about how I felt like a complete skate-jock and why the brands we generally despise both exist and thrive.

When I first met my S/O years ago, I was skating a lot more and she thought it was cool. At 31, she had never stepped foot on a skateboard in her life. I decided I’d show her the basics at my local skatepark.

We show up and the park is empty. Me, being the horrible teacher that I am, assumed her saying “I’ve never stepped on skateboard” meant she could roll around on flat ground- I was wrong. I leave her to hold a fence to practice balancing. An hour goes by and I'm dusted from skating ledges the entire time. She’s a good sport but was yearning to learn more.

A few days later, I have to travel for work for about two weeks. This was before we lived together and she asked if she could borrow my skateboard to practice. I oblige, leave it at her apartment on the way to the airport and think nothing of it.

Two weeks pass and I arrive home, jet lagged but itching to release some stress by skating around my local. I pick her up, my spare skateboard in trunk and the one she's borrowing in her hand and we go to our local. I’m not paying attention and start warming my legs up with a few runs around the park.

After about 5 minutes, I realize I didn’t leave her on the fence and frantically search to see if she’s fallen. To my total surprise, she is rolling around, going up and down the banks and pushing (not mongo). Albeit it looks sloppy, this is someone who, 2 weeks prior, couldn’t even stand on a board. I’m blown away and impressed, with a hint of admiration as I remember being a chubby 8 year old taking weeks to learn how to stand and roll.

We leave the park and I’m singing her praises, giving verbal accolades about her progress. I innocently ask, “How did you learn so fast?”. Prior to receiving her answer that would turn my morals upside-down, I assumed she was either naturally talented or started banging a dude at the park in exchange for lessons. How wrong I was on all accounts.

Smiling from ear-to-ear, she pulls her phone out and opens the YouTube app. I’m sitting in the parking lot with her, sweat dried on my brow, patiently waiting to see what miraculous video she pulls up that showed her the basics of skateboarding. Was it from Tony Hawk or Eric Koston's trick tips? Possibly a lesser known e-learning channel from a dope company?

No. She pulls up Braille's youtube channel and starts scrolling through all the videos she was looking at- each one with a small red-line below the thumbnail, indicating she's ingested this content like a fiend demolishing a bag of dope. I can't wrap my head around this and am smiling on the outside but screaming on the inside:

"Why is this happening to me? How did I get here? Who is poisoning the well with this content being so easily accessible to the naive skateboarder in the early stages of their journey to Gnardom?"

After about 30 seconds of her scrolling through, my inner skate-jock erupts and I exclaim, "Those videos are so wack. You need to stop looking at them." A flood of emotion and memories took over- blips of flashbacks to conversations between friends, casually talking shit on anything that Thrasher or Transworld's website didn't display in the last decade. Aaron Kyro's bird-like nose poking into frame.

She's immediately crushed, followed by a wave of being upset with me for judging her - and rightfully so. I believe the first thing she said was, "Oh, I didn't realize you were the mayor of Cool's Ville and Braille is jean overalls". That immediately put me in check. Who was I to dictate what is or isn't cool? What gave me the impression that I was aware, at all, of what should be considered 'hip' or 'lame'? How did I get to the point from my humble beginnings in skateboarding, where I was the little kid being bullied by the older crew for my Wet Willy deck to being the kook who judged someone so quickly?

This was followed by one of our first and only fights in our years-long relationship. At the end of it, I submitted, admitted I was in the wrong and told her my opinion should not ruin the tools which helped her begin to skate. To this day though, every time a reference to anything Braille or Revive pops up, I instinctually clench my jaw and remember the day I was the skateboard jock.

In summation RipNDip definitely sucks but I won't be that person to hurt someone's feelings by being that dick. If you are going to let the cat out of the bag saying tag them along with his exs story on IG.

This is a great post.

I am not a fan of Braille, but they do serve an important niche in the skate scene that traditional brands balked at.

Decent beginner-friendly how-to videos.

All those transworld ones or whatever were garbage, a naturally talented pro who has never broken down the mechanics of something into bite-sized parts films the shittiest ‘how to’ in 30 minutes that teaches you nothing.

Braille’s ‘Can you skate a frozen pizza?!?’ stuff is obviously aimed at 12-year olds, but the how-to stuff is done well enough.

Great story about looking relooking at skating from a beginners shoes, El Fap. Your SO sounds rad that she was that keen on skating that she went through all that trouble to research it.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

C.J. Gap

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2020, 10:56:59 PM »

Technique

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
No matter how much your personal convictions and want to shake the shit of someone for wearing RipNDip there's no point.....   

Let them find out for themselves I don't want to be that guy to cap on someone's kit imagine someone clowning you on because of slave labored Nike or Adidas......

Allow me to reiterate a story from Nollie Flip which you can give or take the scenarios.

This is a long story about how I felt like a complete skate-jock and why the brands we generally despise both exist and thrive.

When I first met my S/O years ago, I was skating a lot more and she thought it was cool. At 31, she had never stepped foot on a skateboard in her life. I decided I’d show her the basics at my local skatepark.

We show up and the park is empty. Me, being the horrible teacher that I am, assumed her saying “I’ve never stepped on skateboard” meant she could roll around on flat ground- I was wrong. I leave her to hold a fence to practice balancing. An hour goes by and I'm dusted from skating ledges the entire time. She’s a good sport but was yearning to learn more.

A few days later, I have to travel for work for about two weeks. This was before we lived together and she asked if she could borrow my skateboard to practice. I oblige, leave it at her apartment on the way to the airport and think nothing of it.

Two weeks pass and I arrive home, jet lagged but itching to release some stress by skating around my local. I pick her up, my spare skateboard in trunk and the one she's borrowing in her hand and we go to our local. I’m not paying attention and start warming my legs up with a few runs around the park.

After about 5 minutes, I realize I didn’t leave her on the fence and frantically search to see if she’s fallen. To my total surprise, she is rolling around, going up and down the banks and pushing (not mongo). Albeit it looks sloppy, this is someone who, 2 weeks prior, couldn’t even stand on a board. I’m blown away and impressed, with a hint of admiration as I remember being a chubby 8 year old taking weeks to learn how to stand and roll.

We leave the park and I’m singing her praises, giving verbal accolades about her progress. I innocently ask, “How did you learn so fast?”. Prior to receiving her answer that would turn my morals upside-down, I assumed she was either naturally talented or started banging a dude at the park in exchange for lessons. How wrong I was on all accounts.

Smiling from ear-to-ear, she pulls her phone out and opens the YouTube app. I’m sitting in the parking lot with her, sweat dried on my brow, patiently waiting to see what miraculous video she pulls up that showed her the basics of skateboarding. Was it from Tony Hawk or Eric Koston's trick tips? Possibly a lesser known e-learning channel from a dope company?

No. She pulls up Braille's youtube channel and starts scrolling through all the videos she was looking at- each one with a small red-line below the thumbnail, indicating she's ingested this content like a fiend demolishing a bag of dope. I can't wrap my head around this and am smiling on the outside but screaming on the inside:

"Why is this happening to me? How did I get here? Who is poisoning the well with this content being so easily accessible to the naive skateboarder in the early stages of their journey to Gnardom?"

After about 30 seconds of her scrolling through, my inner skate-jock erupts and I exclaim, "Those videos are so wack. You need to stop looking at them." A flood of emotion and memories took over- blips of flashbacks to conversations between friends, casually talking shit on anything that Thrasher or Transworld's website didn't display in the last decade. Aaron Kyro's bird-like nose poking into frame.

She's immediately crushed, followed by a wave of being upset with me for judging her - and rightfully so. I believe the first thing she said was, "Oh, I didn't realize you were the mayor of Cool's Ville and Braille is jean overalls". That immediately put me in check. Who was I to dictate what is or isn't cool? What gave me the impression that I was aware, at all, of what should be considered 'hip' or 'lame'? How did I get to the point from my humble beginnings in skateboarding, where I was the little kid being bullied by the older crew for my Wet Willy deck to being the kook who judged someone so quickly?

This was followed by one of our first and only fights in our years-long relationship. At the end of it, I submitted, admitted I was in the wrong and told her my opinion should not ruin the tools which helped her begin to skate. To this day though, every time a reference to anything Braille or Revive pops up, I instinctually clench my jaw and remember the day I was the skateboard jock.

In summation RipNDip definitely sucks but I won't be that person to hurt someone's feelings by being that dick. If you are going to let the cat out of the bag saying tag them along with his exs story on IG.
[close]

This is a great post.

I am not a fan of Braille, but they do serve an important niche in the skate scene that traditional brands balked at.

All those transworld ones or whatever were garbage, a naturally talented pro who has never broken down the mechanics of something into bite-sized parts films the shittiest ‘how to’ in 30 minutes that teaches you nothing.

Braille’s ‘Can you skate a frozen pizza?!?’ stuff is obviously aimed at 12-year olds, but the how-to stuff is done well enough.

Great story about looking relooking at skating from a beginners shoes, El Fap. Your SO sounds rad that she was that keen on skating that she went through all that trouble to research it.

Right, and therefore they should be allowed to rape children and beat up women freely.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2020, 11:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a great post.

[close]

Right, and therefore they should be allowed to rape children and beat up women freely.

Nowhere did I justify the actions of Fetty, or condone the beating of women.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

C.J. Gap

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 43
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2020, 03:38:14 AM »
Because dumbass mall kids that probably do the same shit love "edgy" cat shirts I suppose
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -93
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2020, 10:07:38 AM »
Came here to post that IG link. O'con is a piece of shit. He hit my friend he was dating at the time when we were in high school and I've heard multiple repeated situations. Steals art, fucks over friends, skates cars and gets other skaters beat up for it, hits women, this dude deserved to get shitcanned a fucking decade ago. Fuck him

Used to skate Metro with him and Jack Moran. Crazy how success gets to peoples heads

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2020, 10:08:25 AM »
kids that buy rip and dip are the same kids with tye dye grizzly grip and odd future socks skating loading docks.

exact

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2021, 11:55:17 PM »
RIPNDIP hate going viral on TikTok. The RIPNDIP account had to turn off comments.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2021, 12:06:12 AM »
Black metal front double doors given the place a sultry, faintly S&M vibe https://www.dirt.com/gallery/moguls/fashion/ryan-oconnor-house-bird-streets-1203368012/

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2291
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2021, 12:17:47 AM »
Nice to see you back here Chadd, but what even is this anymore?
As I don’t know or care much about Ripping Dots or whatever they are, how about a brief summary of what’s been going on, for us slow and confused folks out here in the SLAPiverse.
Also, while you’re here, have you got any news on Remive/Pooty Fedder, or the Scientists who shut down your YouTubes?
Updates, my homey.
If you please!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2021, 04:26:26 AM »
Holy fuck 13 million???

baaaaaaguette

sketchyrider

« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2021, 05:11:49 AM »
Holy fuck 13 million???

whether you went to college, or got to work right out of school, we all blew it by not starting a mall brand marketed towards future drop outs.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2021, 05:22:52 AM »
Nice to see you back here Chadd, but what even is this anymore?
As I don’t know or care much about Ripping Dots or whatever they are, how about a brief summary of what’s been going on, for us slow and confused folks out here in the SLAPiverse.
Also, while you’re here, have you got any news on Remive/Pooty Fedder, or the Scientists who shut down your YouTubes?
Updates, my homey.
If you please!!!

this

Brguy

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
Cause most people have other things to do.

manysnakes

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2021, 12:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy fuck 13 million???
[close]

whether you went to college, or got to work right out of school, we all blew it by not starting a mall brand marketed towards future drop outs.
[close]

something's fishy though, or else the guy is hugely over leveraged on his house.

Either this, or we are significantly underrating the value of putting a cat on a t-shirt