Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 101598 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #930 on: October 05, 2022, 04:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.chemsfb.com/product/cat-guts-symmetrical-skateboard

SYMMETRICAL CUSTOM DUAL NOSE SHAPE

DIMENSIONS:
8.25”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.5”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.75”W x 32”L x 14”WB
9.0”W x 32”L x 14”WB

6.75” Nose & Tail

-100% Made in USA
[close]

This is a.....fingerboard company?

That apparently makes regular decks as well.

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #931 on: October 05, 2022, 04:10:24 PM »
https://www.chemsfb.com/product/cat-guts-eggy-symmetrical-skateboard

This might be the coolest twin tail I've ever seen.
9", with skinny tails and wheel wells? Fuck I'd love that. Way too expensive as a european though.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #932 on: October 05, 2022, 09:04:08 PM »
I’ve been skating the most recent Ishod twin tail as if it has a differently sized nose & tail all because I chipped one of the tail ends distinctively early on and it’s like tricked my mind into treating the chipped tail as strictly the “nose” end of the board’ Anyone else ever have a similar experience with twin tail boards?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #933 on: October 05, 2022, 10:34:55 PM »

Curious to know where his twin boards are made.  I did ask on instagram.

Some posts have BBS for some of his boards.

No mention of the woodshop for these, but in an older post he says Atlanta.  Anyone know which woodshop / woodshops operate there?

It was from this post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfeTh-Crt5X/

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #934 on: October 06, 2022, 01:49:52 AM »
only the Creature Gardner was the true twin out of that house.

Yo Xen, did you ever try the Gardner?  Thinking of getting this one as I'm down with that snappy epoxy construction.

The dims on that Chems symmetrical are looking good too.  Choices choices!

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #935 on: October 06, 2022, 01:59:12 AM »

Curious to know where his twin boards are made.  I did ask on instagram.

Some posts have BBS for some of his boards.

No mention of the woodshop for these, but in an older post he says Atlanta.  Anyone know which woodshop / woodshops operate there?

It was from this post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfeTh-Crt5X/

Drifter Skateboards MFG maybe..they're in Atlanta..

seems they hv some 8ply uncut symmetricals too..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:24:47 AM by GBLange »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #936 on: October 06, 2022, 09:52:44 AM »
The twin nose is Drifter; other shapes are different shops, bbs, etc., depending on shape and situation.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #937 on: October 06, 2022, 04:01:10 PM »
Yes, he replied.

Drifter for the symmetrical twin nose boards.

His own custom shape.

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #938 on: October 07, 2022, 03:10:08 PM »
Alien & Habitat just released new twin tail boards

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #939 on: October 07, 2022, 04:12:27 PM »
Expand Quote
only the Creature Gardner was the true twin out of that house.
[close]

Yo Xen, did you ever try the Gardner?  Thinking of getting this one as I'm down with that snappy epoxy construction.

The dims on that Chems symmetrical are looking good too.  Choices choices!

Nah, Gardner board's WB is much to small for me.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #940 on: October 11, 2022, 09:00:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.chemsfb.com/product/cat-guts-symmetrical-skateboard

SYMMETRICAL CUSTOM DUAL NOSE SHAPE

DIMENSIONS:
8.25”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.5”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.75”W x 32”L x 14”WB
9.0”W x 32”L x 14”WB

6.75” Nose & Tail

-100% Made in USA
[close]

This is a.....fingerboard company?
[close]

That apparently makes regular decks as well.

So I just ordered the twin shape to check out, more to come on that eventually. I have skated his regular popsicle in 8.5 and absolutely fucking loved it. Had a blast on it and it held you to everything my large self put it through. Never did crack, just got swapped when it razor tailed. Lasted as long as any other high quality 7 ply. I’ve got another 8.5 popsicle to skate later as well.

I honestly can’t say enough good things about Chems. I went in expecting to not love the boards, and I think they’re great. Always going to be an option moving forward.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #941 on: October 20, 2022, 03:51:45 PM »
Yo toy machine makes twin tails in 8.0, 8.25 and 8.5???
These just surprised me, is titus fucking up or is this real?

https://www.titus.at/toy-machine-deck-hirotton-monster-w/symmetrical-shape-multicolored-0268764/

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #942 on: October 21, 2022, 01:52:02 PM »
Another one:

Skatedeluxe now makes twin tails, cheapest ones available.
8.0, 8.25 and 8.5
To me it looks looks like the chocolate twin tail, but make it 14.25 and less fingers of flat. Sounds pretty damn good.

(They're really ugly)

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/de/skatedeluxe-yin-yang-twin-tail-8-25-skateboard-deck-black_p161134?sort=new&cPath=42&brand_id=429

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #943 on: October 21, 2022, 02:07:23 PM »
Another one:

Skatedeluxe now makes twin tails, cheapest ones available.
8.0, 8.25 and 8.5
To me it looks looks like the chocolate twin tail, but make it 14.25 and less fingers of flat. Sounds pretty damn good.

(They're really ugly)

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/de/skatedeluxe-yin-yang-twin-tail-8-25-skateboard-deck-black_p161134?sort=new&cPath=42&brand_id=429

Dimensions on the 8.5 seem to be identical to the Foy I am riding. I‘d rather pay Jamie some extra bucks than ride this abomination tho.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

LebowskisRug

« Reply #944 on: October 29, 2022, 06:53:18 PM »
Has anyone skated the Alien/Habitat twin tail? I just got one and it's actually a twin nose- same exact nose shape as my BBs generic 8.38. The tail is a 1/4" longer, which makes the deck longer than my 8.38/14.5 Anti Hero.

So on paper I'm not stoked, but how does it skate? Tail just hit faster?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #945 on: October 30, 2022, 03:15:03 PM »
Has anyone skated the Alien/Habitat twin tail? I just got one and it's actually a twin nose- same exact nose shape as my BBs generic 8.38. The tail is a 1/4" longer, which makes the deck longer than my 8.38/14.5 Anti Hero.

So on paper I'm not stoked, but how does it skate? Tail just hit faster?

Yeah they sure are a long kick board.

I got a used one from a friend, had a go of it and put it in the "used boards to pass on to others" lot, mainly because it was a bit too steep for what works for me, but it skated ok once I got the hang of it.

When compared to a DLX twin that I also got from the same guy, which felt too short all round for me, the AWS twin nose was the opposite, but it was easier for me to skate longer kicks than shorter kicks.

Alien Workshop boards in general are longer, with very long squared off kicks, when compared to some other more normal boards, so some people really like them and others are not so keen, regardless of whether they are the twin or regular shapes.  I had quite a few pass through my hands when someone I know was wanting them, so I got as many as I could find.  Supply was easier to get with with DLX boards so he is riding those ones now.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #946 on: October 30, 2022, 04:14:21 PM »
I had the suciu soty twin. It was too big and clunky all around for me. Just a beast.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #947 on: October 31, 2022, 01:05:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Does anyone have an opinion on these Ishod twins (apart from the fact that the graphic is hideous)? They’re on sale here and the shape looks comparable to the Foy I am currently riding safe for a slightly longer wheelbase. Any input would be appreciated.
[close]

the 8.5 ishod twin feels way more bulky than the 8.3. Obviously its a bigger board, but the proportions of the kicks are fatter and less tapered than the 8.3. I skate the 8.5 once and gave it away. Love the 8.3's
[close]

I ordered two Ishods and will report back. I once had a „regular“ Ishod 8.5 full shape which I loved and a tapered Ishod 8.38 that I hated so chances are good that we have opposite tastes and I will like the bulky thing.
[close]

Fair assessment! Hope it works for you.

Reporting back on this as I set up the Ishod on the weekend. It is really an intimidating plank with no taper whatsoever. Basically the Ishod full shape (not full SE, just full), with two noses. Looking down at it I was skeptical but I can now say that I love it, somehow it just seems that this shape suits me much better than tapered kicks. I am skating the Roman number I atm.
why come?

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #948 on: November 01, 2022, 04:28:12 AM »
^ Got to ride my no. III for the first time yesterday and had pretty much the same impression. Looks really hefty, but I like how it feels, especially because I don't land bolts often and the kicks seems to offer a little more real estate to eke out a make.

@Easy Slider you also have a IV on ice, right? I have a II waiting, so we've got a whole stack between the two of us. Let's report back if we find any major differences, ok? Gotta feed the madness.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #949 on: November 07, 2022, 02:10:54 AM »
^ Got to ride my no. III for the first time yesterday and had pretty much the same impression. Looks really hefty, but I like how it feels, especially because I don't land bolts often and the kicks seems to offer a little more real estate to eke out a make.

@Easy Slider you also have a IV on ice, right? I have a II waiting, so we've got a whole stack between the two of us. Let's report back if we find any major differences, ok? Gotta feed the madness.

Yes, let’s do this.

why come?

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 31
« Reply #950 on: November 07, 2022, 06:01:02 AM »
Just discovered this blank twin tails at no-comply:
https://no-comply.de/en/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage%2Ccollection&options%5Bprefix%5D=last&q=twin+tail+blank 
They seem to be from quarter dist https://b2b.quarterdist.com/en/search?sSearch=twin+tail , which themselves supposedly import blanks from china according to the woodshop thread. In the tab "Infos zum Hersteller" they mention that each of the 3 width (8.0", 8.1", 8.375") is offered with 3 different wheelbase options, which just might be copy paste from their other deck offers, but I cannot verify as I don't have a b2b account. The no comply ones are all advertised with 6.8" tails and 14" wb, which reminds me of the crail twin.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #951 on: November 07, 2022, 07:54:22 AM »
^ I've been skating the 8.5 one that they had available about 6-8 weeks ago. That was also advertised with these specs (apart from the width obviously). Actual measurements are 32" length, 14.25" wheelbase though. Kicks are on the rounder side, but not as full as the Real Ishod 8.5 TT. If any Euro Pal is looking for an affordable TT to see if they like it I can definitely recommend getting one of these.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #952 on: November 07, 2022, 08:11:03 AM »
Got a Krooked 8.38 in a trade. First session was pretty good, manuals/nose manuals feel a bit clunky if that makes sense but that's on me to figure out. Interested to see how things go over the life of the board. I ride my trucks basically even but I still notice myself favoring one direction of the board and no shop I've called has any new Thunder bushings. I guess as I smash the formerly rear truck into curbs doing slappies that the bushings will wear in even

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #953 on: November 07, 2022, 10:38:33 AM »
Cheers @ImmanuelCunt  and @scab - have gnars! I just scooped up the last two 8.375s of those no comply blanks. I‘ve been riding 8.5s for quite a while but recently decided to try and size down a bit so this was too good of an opportunity to miss out on. Even with shipping it‘s still a steal compared to what I usually pay for a deck round here (Switzerland).
why come?

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #954 on: November 07, 2022, 02:52:33 PM »
Had to grab this silly bear 😆

I love Welcome’s “Evil Twin” 8.5 shape.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #955 on: November 08, 2022, 02:56:22 PM »
Heroin updated their Double Shovel shape again. They are calling it a new shape but that's not completely accurate. Back to the 9" shape, this time with a 14.125 wb instead of 14.25 and on a true twin mold. 8.38 over the trucks. I'll post pics in a bit but it's pretty similar to the last two versions
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #956 on: November 08, 2022, 06:07:29 PM »
Heroin updated their Double Shovel shape again. They are calling it a new shape but that's not completely accurate. Back to the 9" shape, this time with a 14.125 wb instead of 14.25 and on a true twin mold. 8.38 over the trucks. I'll post pics in a bit but it's pretty similar to the last two versions

The Mandy x Bratrud?

I was eyeing the Mandy x Enemy (9.5"); I might have to bite on the 9.0 as I was hesitant to step up to 9.5"...wish it had wheel wells....

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #957 on: November 08, 2022, 06:11:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Mandy x Bratrud?

I was eyeing the Mandy x Enemy (9.5"); I might have to bite on the 9.0 as I was hesitant to step up to 9.5"...wish it had wheel wells....
Yep the Brarud graphic is a true twin mold now. I've run that shape with the old mold on 149s and it fit nicely. 159s would also work if you don't mind a little hot rodding
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #958 on: December 01, 2022, 02:11:10 PM »
Twin && Flight.    8.7, but 8.5 at the trucks.

https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-pro-andy-anderson-heron-2-flight-skateboard-deck-egg-shape-301-8-7-x-32-3-k20

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cia_0PTLJC_/

Almost three months later and I'm thinking about getting one.

Pros:
- I like the Flight construction
- I like the K20 concave
- I like twin tails

Neutral:
- I can, and do, skate a 14.5 wheelbase sometimes.  I do generally like shorter on street and longer in bowls.

Negs:
- I like a little shorter tail. I like 6.62 vs 6.8.
- Powell graphics are not good.  And by that, I mean "fucking horrible"
- most guys my age that "skate" && decks buy three so they can hang two on the wall and bail rock n rolls on the other.

I'll probably buy one in shame and not post it in the setup thread. Or ever mention it on here again.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: December 01, 2022, 02:36:22 PM »

I am on the IV now and tbh I could not tell a difference to the I. Concave might be slightly deeper but otherwise they‘re identical. What‘s funny is that I can do heelflips better on this shape as opposed to tapered kicks whereas I struggle more with kickflips …
why come?