Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 104714 times)

Tre and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #870 on: July 27, 2022, 08:29:49 AM »
Currently skating a TT Girl 8.25 and really enjoying it.

Was talking at the skatepark and someone said they view having a nose and a tail like a multi-tool, with each one suited a bit better for different tricks. What do people think? Had never thought of it like that but could see his point

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #871 on: July 27, 2022, 08:56:43 AM »

Was talking at the skatepark and someone said they view having a nose and a tail like a multi-tool, with each one suited a bit better for different tricks. What do people think? Had never thought of it like that but could see his point
He's probably parroting what Paul Schmitt was saying on the 9club - they have a point, I guess, however I don't think I will ever turn my board around and pop an ollie off my nose to try and clear a gap that I'm otherwise shorting. That example seemed silly to me, but I guess it happened.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #872 on: July 27, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He's probably parroting what Paul Schmitt was saying on the 9club - they have a point, I guess, however I don't think I will ever turn my board around and pop an ollie off my nose to try and clear a gap that I'm otherwise shorting. That example seemed silly to me, but I guess it happened.

Yeah, in theory it makes sense, but after listening to that episode I tried it for a couple tricks that weren't working and......they still didn't work off the nose. If anything it was worse since my board felt totally foreign. Maybe for pros who have insane control it could work that the extra angle/pop off the nose gets them the extra couple inches of height or whatever.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2022, 11:05:44 AM »

Same deck and loving it, need to pick up another one soon.

I've no desire to go back to a regular nose/tail board for the type of skating i do, a lot of flatground stuff and favour fakie tricks over nollie...i'm noticing this deck lasting quite a bit longer due to the nose and tail getting roughly equal wear. Perfect deck for me tbh.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #874 on: July 27, 2022, 01:36:33 PM »
All the tricks I thought I 'needed' to do off the nose after riding a twin didn't actually need to be done off the nose; minor timing/foot placement adjustments were all that was needed.

It's actually harder to 'let go' the need to switch your board around or just jump on and go without needing to look down or think about your board.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 02:22:24 PM by Xen »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #875 on: July 27, 2022, 01:43:30 PM »
There’s just not enough 8.0 twins. I used to skate the Ishod 8.3 but after learning switch heels on an 8.0 I haven’t sized up again.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #876 on: July 27, 2022, 02:23:07 PM »
There’s just not enough 8.0 twins. I used to skate the Ishod 8.3 but after learning switch heels on an 8.0 I haven’t sized up again.

8.125" if you can deal would be your best bet.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #877 on: August 06, 2022, 09:42:14 PM »
https://www.tactics.com/thank-you/downside-up-84-twin-tail-skateboard-deck/multi

WIDTH (IN):   8.4
LENGTH (IN):   32.0
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.25
NOSE (IN): 6.9
TAIL (IN):   6.9

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 10:34:47 PM by Xen »

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #878 on: August 06, 2022, 10:00:00 PM »
https://www.tactics.com/thank-you/downside-up-84-twin-tail-skateboard-deck/multi

Jeez, thank you graphics are bad.

I’m ordering another deck from Glider; really liked my first one. Also considered the real Ishod but couldn’t find one anywhere

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #879 on: August 06, 2022, 11:26:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jeez, thank you graphics are bad.

I’m ordering another deck from Glider; really liked my first one. Also considered the real Ishod but couldn’t find one anywhere

Interesting dimensions.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #880 on: August 28, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick sale for a few days to give back to the slap community: SLAPPALS30 for 30% off your entire order. Free shipping and Grip

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #881 on: August 28, 2022, 01:58:03 PM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick sale for a few days to give back to the slap community: SLAPPALS30 for 30% off your entire order. Free shipping and Grip

Damn. Bought mine a week too early!!

I would recommend any posters who are twin tail curious give glider a shot. I’m on my second deck and back them fully. The 8.5” to me is perfect

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #882 on: August 28, 2022, 03:25:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Hi guys,

[close]

Damn. Bought mine a week too early!!

I would recommend any posters who are twin tail curious give glider a shot. I’m on my second deck and back them fully. The 8.5” to me is perfect

Ah, thank you so much for the support! e-mail us if you're interested in another. We got you on a discount

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #883 on: August 29, 2022, 09:15:59 AM »
Loving my new Welcome Evil Twin shape...How did it take this fucking long for twin tails to just start to catch on?

Has anyone ever gone back to regular pops after using a twin tail? Does it feel weird?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:26:29 AM by MysticalTypeExperience »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: August 29, 2022, 09:48:01 AM »
Loving my new Welcome Evil Twin shape...How did it take this fucking long for twin tails to just start to catch on?

Has anyone ever gone back to regular pops after using a twin tail? Does it feel weird?

I've gone back [and forth] to regular boards a few times because the Twins because I can't trust that they'd remain a staple (not a fan of the DLX twins); I'd much rather be able to get gear I like on a regular basis and not hope it's comes in future drops.

Welcome seems to be the type of company that would keep that shape in rotation tho.

So far the to favs were the Deathwish Foy and Quasi Henry.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:00:04 AM by Xen »

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #885 on: August 29, 2022, 10:02:25 AM »

Good to hear, this is going to be the next twin I try.  Was on the Quasi Henry and now back on the Ishod 8.3 slick. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:11:13 AM by wrinkletusk »

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #886 on: August 29, 2022, 10:03:46 AM »

I have a twin tail set up and standard popsicle in my trunk right now. I swap back and forth depending on where I'm skating, so it isn't too hard to readjust. It doesn't make a ton of sense for me to skate a twin, I have almost 0 switch tricks. I just think it's cool and novel and I love having two big square kicks on both sides. And it's fun just throwing the board down any which way and watching it wear evenly on each side

BrknBrds

• Rep: 16
« Reply #887 on: August 29, 2022, 10:04:30 AM »
Would anyone be able to help an older beginner (37) ? I’m so torn on shape and what to get. Bought a 8.0 and 8.5 Thank You and Chocolate , but the thank you just doesn’t feel right and the Chocolate was too big and the rails were too steep.

How you rate a Krooked Worrest Twin Tail 8.38 vs Polar 8.25 vs Glider twin tail 8.25 vs WKND

Looking for mellow concave, mellow kicks and a stable but good size but a shaped nose for slides and rails and ledges not looking to do flips that much. Thanks for the help of you can

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #888 on: August 29, 2022, 10:18:44 AM »
Would anyone be able to help an older beginner (37) ? I’m so torn on shape and what to get. Bought a 8.0 and 8.5 Thank You and Chocolate , but the thank you just doesn’t feel right and the Chocolate was too big and the rails were too steep.

How you rate a Krooked Worrest Twin Tail 8.38 vs Polar 8.25 vs Glider twin tail 8.25 vs WKND

Looking for mellow concave, mellow kicks and a stable but good size but a shaped nose for slides and rails and ledges not looking to do flips that much. Thanks for the help of you can

It won't be much help, but you sort of have to try and find what works for you. That being said, if 8.5 felt too big, you may want to go down to 8.25 next. 8.38" isn't much smaller than 8.5".

If you want a mellow board, you might consider a Baker board with the OG shape and Mellow concave?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #889 on: August 29, 2022, 10:30:52 AM »

I’ve gone back and forward too. I prefer a bigger nose for nollies but a twin tail for switch. Even though I always think I’m just gonna skate twins from now on after being on one for a while, when it’s time to switch the board I feel like I want something else.

Did you get the 8.75” Welcome twin? That shape really interests me with the long wheelbase.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #890 on: August 30, 2022, 07:30:55 AM »

Does anyone have an opinion on these Ishod twins (apart from the fact that the graphic is hideous)? They’re on sale here and the shape looks comparable to the Foy I am currently riding safe for a slightly longer wheelbase. Any input would be appreciated.
why come?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #891 on: August 30, 2022, 12:41:55 PM »
@Xen why don't you like the DLX twins? I ride a DLX 8.25/BBS 8.38 (they're the same shape) and Bobby's 8.38 looks like it's basically the same deck but with 2 tails and seemed like it could be a good starting point for me. I pop pretty deep in the pocket off my nose so I might not need the length. My minimum WB is 14.38 so the Quasi decks are all too small.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #892 on: August 30, 2022, 05:17:47 PM »

Does anyone have an opinion on these Ishod twins (apart from the fact that the graphic is hideous)? They’re on sale here and the shape looks comparable to the Foy I am currently riding safe for a slightly longer wheelbase. Any input would be appreciated.

Is that the 8.5 version?

I thought you had some of them before, or I might be thinking of Roisto who had them and liked them.

They are a good sized bigger board, super big rounded kicks, but the one I have just scared me, so I never set it up.

8.5 with 14.5 wb and 6.75 kicks if I recall correctly.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #893 on: August 30, 2022, 06:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve gone back and forward too. I prefer a bigger nose for nollies but a twin tail for switch. Even though I always think I’m just gonna skate twins from now on after being on one for a while, when it’s time to switch the board I feel like I want something else.

Did you get the 8.75” Welcome twin? That shape really interests me with the long wheelbase.

Yep, posted it in the setup thread. I'm a taller dude and I really enjoy really long boards and wheelbases.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: August 30, 2022, 11:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that the 8.5 version?

I thought you had some of them before, or I might be thinking of Roisto who had them and liked them.

They are a good sized bigger board, super big rounded kicks, but the one I have just scared me, so I never set it up.

[close]

Cheers, yes it‘s the 8.5.  I had a series of Neen twin noses which were longer than the Ishod, now I have a Foy (plus one on ice) which are presumably a hair shorter. The Ishod could be the sweet spot in between…

I dug up the dims for the Neen and the Foy.

Foy:

Width = 21.5 cm = 8.46"
Length = 81 cm = 31.9"
WB = 36.25 cm = 14.27"
Kicks = 6.75“

Neen:

Width = 21.5 cm = 8.46"
Length = 83.1 cm = 32.7"
WB = 36.8 cm = 14.5"
Kicks = 7“

Do you still have the Ishod and could provide exact dims? Also, how steep are the concave and the kicks? The Neen was quite flat, the Foy has a bit more concave.

EDIT: so is this the standard Ishod twin shape which will be reissued regularly with different graphics? A steady supply of decks would be nice as I find it convenient just to pop on another identical board without having to adjust. The Neen was discontinued and the Foy seems to be discontinued as well, or will they come around?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 11:26:56 PM by Easy Slider »
why come?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #895 on: August 31, 2022, 10:48:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that the 8.5 version?

[close]
[close]

Cheers, yes it‘s the 8.5.  I had a series of Neen twin noses which were longer than the Ishod, now I have a Foy (plus one on ice) which are presumably a hair shorter. The Ishod could be the sweet spot in between…

I dug up the dims for the Neen and the Foy.

Foy:

Width = 21.5 cm = 8.46"
Length = 81 cm = 31.9"
WB = 36.25 cm = 14.27"
Kicks = 6.75“

Neen:

Width = 21.5 cm = 8.46"
Length = 83.1 cm = 32.7"
WB = 36.8 cm = 14.5"
Kicks = 7“

Do you still have the Ishod and could provide exact dims? Also, how steep are the concave and the kicks? The Neen was quite flat, the Foy has a bit more concave.

EDIT: so is this the standard Ishod twin shape which will be reissued regularly with different graphics? A steady supply of decks would be nice as I find it convenient just to pop on another identical board without having to adjust. The Neen was discontinued and the Foy seems to be discontinued as well, or will they come around?

I have an unskated Ishod 8.5” twin here. Number III in the press. I loved the one I skated a good while ago.

Width: 8.4375”
Width middle of the truck holes: 8.4375”
Length (straight across): 31.875”
Wheelbase: 14.5”
Kicks: 6.75”
Kick angles: 22.0°

Concave feels normal to me. I skate mostly DLX boards. It’s definitely not flat but nothing crazy either. It’s a good well balanced, sized and shaped board IMO. Get one and see for yourself.

IpathCats

« Reply #896 on: August 31, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »

the 8.5 ishod twin feels way more bulky than the 8.3. Obviously its a bigger board, but the proportions of the kicks are fatter and less tapered than the 8.3. I skate the 8.5 once and gave it away. Love the 8.3's

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #897 on: August 31, 2022, 02:29:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the 8.5 ishod twin feels way more bulky than the 8.3. Obviously its a bigger board, but the proportions of the kicks are fatter and less tapered than the 8.3. I skate the 8.5 once and gave it away. Love the 8.3's

I ordered two Ishods and will report back. I once had a „regular“ Ishod 8.5 full shape which I loved and a tapered Ishod 8.38 that I hated so chances are good that we have opposite tastes and I will like the bulky thing.
why come?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #898 on: August 31, 2022, 04:16:08 PM »
I got a symmetrical egg and having a cool time on it, but realise I should have paired it with new trucks or at least bushings so it feels the same both ways, then I could really be living that both ways life

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #899 on: August 31, 2022, 04:26:42 PM »
I got a symmetrical egg and having a cool time on it, but realise I should have paired it with new trucks or at least bushings so it feels the same both ways, then I could really be living that both ways life

That's what I did when I got my twin tail. Thunder rebuild kit with new bushings and broke them in both ways.