Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 103548 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #900 on: September 01, 2022, 04:00:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Does anyone have an opinion on these Ishod twins (apart from the fact that the graphic is hideous)? They’re on sale here and the shape looks comparable to the Foy I am currently riding safe for a slightly longer wheelbase. Any input would be appreciated.
[close]

I thought you had some of them before, or I might be thinking of Roisto who had them and liked them.

They are a good sized bigger board, super big rounded kicks, but the one I have just scared me, so I never set it up.

8.5 with 14.5 wb and 6.75 kicks if I recall correctly.
[close]
[close]

Cheers, yes it‘s the 8.5.  I had a series of Neen twin noses which were longer than the Ishod, now I have a Foy (plus one on ice) which are presumably a hair shorter. The Ishod could be the sweet spot in between…

Do you still have the Ishod and could provide exact dims? Also, how steep are the concave and the kicks? The Neen was quite flat, the Foy has a bit more concave.

[close]

I have an unskated Ishod 8.5” twin here. Number III in the press. I loved the one I skated a good while ago.

Width: 8.4375”
Width middle of the truck holes: 8.4375”
Length (straight across): 31.875”
Wheelbase: 14.5”
Kicks: 6.75”
Kick angles: 22.0°

Concave feels normal to me. I skate mostly DLX boards. It’s definitely not flat but nothing crazy either. It’s a good well balanced, sized and shaped board IMO. Get one and see for yourself.

Glad Roisto has all those details.

I had been a bit busy and the one I still have is in a box somewhere.

And yes at least they are the same shape again and again, so if you do like the two you have bought, it is then just down to which graphic and then which stamped number you prefer, if shops you deal with get a few at least you can choose.

There is a noticeable difference in concave between I and IV, but I shouldn't get into that too much.

See for yourself and go from there.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #901 on: September 01, 2022, 04:35:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Does anyone have an opinion on these Ishod twins (apart from the fact that the graphic is hideous)? They’re on sale here and the shape looks comparable to the Foy I am currently riding safe for a slightly longer wheelbase. Any input would be appreciated.
[close]

I thought you had some of them before, or I might be thinking of Roisto who had them and liked them.

They are a good sized bigger board, super big rounded kicks, but the one I have just scared me, so I never set it up.

8.5 with 14.5 wb and 6.75 kicks if I recall correctly.
[close]
[close]

Cheers, yes it‘s the 8.5.  I had a series of Neen twin noses which were longer than the Ishod, now I have a Foy (plus one on ice) which are presumably a hair shorter. The Ishod could be the sweet spot in between…

Do you still have the Ishod and could provide exact dims? Also, how steep are the concave and the kicks? The Neen was quite flat, the Foy has a bit more concave.

[close]

I have an unskated Ishod 8.5” twin here. Number III in the press. I loved the one I skated a good while ago.

Width: 8.4375”
Width middle of the truck holes: 8.4375”
Length (straight across): 31.875”
Wheelbase: 14.5”
Kicks: 6.75”
Kick angles: 22.0°

Concave feels normal to me. I skate mostly DLX boards. It’s definitely not flat but nothing crazy either. It’s a good well balanced, sized and shaped board IMO. Get one and see for yourself.
[close]

Glad Roisto has all those details.

I had been a bit busy and the one I still have is in a box somewhere.

And yes at least they are the same shape again and again, so if you do like the two you have bought, it is then just down to which graphic and then which stamped number you prefer, if shops you deal with get a few at least you can choose.

There is a noticeable difference in concave between I and IV, but I shouldn't get into that too much.

See for yourself and go from there.

I overlooked @Roisto  post, thanks for that. Looks like the dims are pretty similar to the Foy except the slightly longer WB. I ordered two and will report back which roman numerals I got.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

IpathCats

« Reply #902 on: September 01, 2022, 05:33:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

the 8.5 ishod twin feels way more bulky than the 8.3. Obviously its a bigger board, but the proportions of the kicks are fatter and less tapered than the 8.3. I skate the 8.5 once and gave it away. Love the 8.3's
[close]

I ordered two Ishods and will report back. I once had a „regular“ Ishod 8.5 full shape which I loved and a tapered Ishod 8.38 that I hated so chances are good that we have opposite tastes and I will like the bulky thing.

Fair assessment! Hope it works for you.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #903 on: September 10, 2022, 07:55:00 AM »
Looks like && is coming out with a twin tailboard, slightly squared off. No weird bumps or corners, just another corny VCJ graphic. And a shorter WB, 14.5. Maybe a touch under 9 inches.

I shaved the corners off  and brought the wheelbase in on the old && I had and actually really like it. Especially with all the graphics rubbed off.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 08:03:51 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #904 on: September 10, 2022, 10:32:05 AM »
Got the 8.5 Ishods. The sticker on the Ishod says the length is 32.2 but it is actually under 32, as the Foy 8.5 tt and the Ishod 8.5 tt are the exact same length. However, the kicks on the Foy are a tad longer, which makes for a longer WB on the Ishod. Other than that, the kicks of the Ishod are noticeably more square than the Foy. I got an I and a IV of the Ishods and the I is noticeably more concave than the IV but all of that was to be expected.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #905 on: September 10, 2022, 08:05:14 PM »
Got the 8.5 Ishods. The sticker on the Ishod says the length is 32.2 but it is actually under 32, as the Foy 8.5 tt and the Ishod 8.5 tt are the exact same length. However, the kicks on the Foy are a tad longer, which makes for a longer WB on the Ishod. Other than that, the kicks of the Ishod are noticeably more square than the Foy. I got an I and a IV of the Ishods and the I is noticeably more concave than the IV but all of that was to be expected.

Opposite ends of the concave spectrum, but that could be a good thing to really feel out what they are like.

All other BBS boards are a bit more middle of the road in concave, but there were still the same noticeable differences in half a dozen of the same boards when they came in, some more mellow and some steeper concave.

At least with DLX you can have a number on the board to help you with concave madness - that is what I tell myself anyway.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #906 on: September 10, 2022, 08:51:27 PM »
Looks like && is coming out with a twin tailboard, slightly squared off. No weird bumps or corners, just another corny VCJ graphic. And a shorter WB, 14.5. Maybe a touch under 9 inches.

I shaved the corners off  and brought the wheelbase in on the old && I had and actually really like it. Especially with all the graphics rubbed off.

He said the width will be in between the two sizes of his old decks (8.45" and 9.13") so it should be around 8.75"

...Which is my goldilocks size. Fuck now I'm gonna need to join the && board cult.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #908 on: September 12, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He said the width will be in between the two sizes of his old decks (8.45" and 9.13") so it should be around 8.75"

...Which is my goldilocks size. Fuck now I'm gonna need to join the && board cult.

Looks like 8.7, 8.5 over the trucks.
I don’t want to buy a new pair of trucks  just for the board, I might pass

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cia_0PTLJC_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #909 on: September 12, 2022, 04:51:19 PM »
"while street tricking"

Street. Tricking.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #910 on: September 12, 2022, 05:24:44 PM »
surprised they didn't have an arrow with specific reasons and usage for the bolt holes

can someone explain egged rails to me

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #911 on: September 12, 2022, 06:06:20 PM »
"while street tricking"

Street. Tricking.

Powell on prostitution?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #912 on: September 12, 2022, 10:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Looks like 8.7, 8.5 over the trucks.
I don’t want to buy a new pair of trucks  just for the board, I might pass

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cia_0PTLJC_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
lol that they made the crane logo an "&"

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #913 on: September 12, 2022, 11:28:12 PM »
Holy shit, they did!

Is this the first time a SLAP inside joke has gotten a graphic?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2022, 12:19:31 AM »
00:29:30

https://youtu.be/W8bqrtXy6Hc

Nice to have another square tip option…not sure about that wb tho
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:29:16 AM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #916 on: September 25, 2022, 09:08:31 PM »
Anyone ride the 8.25 ishod tt?

Curious how it stacks up to the regs dlx 8.25 (with the 14.38WB) and/or the full SE 8.25 (14.25wb). Knowing the ishod TT has a 14.33WB..I'm more concnered with the 'fullness' of the kicks and how they stack up to the other 8.25s.

I've been riding a shorter creature (slick) 8.25 with a 14.22 WB, but it's a bit rounded (but not full)...today I made the decision (mistake?) to ride a board that is closer in dims to the 8.25 FULL SE I've got coming, it was the Quasi 8.37/14.25wb twin which feels like a 'small' 8.3 or a 'big' 8.25...had a blast on it and was reminded how nice it is to not think about board direction...wondering how close the 8.25 ishod twin would stack up.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 443
« Reply #917 on: September 26, 2022, 04:18:34 AM »
After standing on one in the shop I will say that both ends are shaped exactly like the tail on the DLX 8.25 14.38. The TT is just a tad shorter. Being so used to the directional 8.25 14.38 it made the TT look “backwards “ to me when I was standing on it. I’m sure it’s something I would get used to looking at pretty quickly and I’m still thinking about going back for it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #918 on: September 26, 2022, 09:47:54 AM »
After standing on one in the shop I will say that both ends are shaped exactly like the tail on the DLX 8.25 14.38. The TT is just a tad shorter. Being so used to the directional 8.25 14.38 it made the TT look “backwards “ to me when I was standing on it. I’m sure it’s something I would get used to looking at pretty quickly and I’m still thinking about going back for it.

Thanks for that! I'll  have to find one to stand on to get the feel (no TT around me locally without a hefty drive).

That Quasi is damn fun in case anyone is on the fence ;) maybe I'll ice the FULL SE and pick up another quasi twin since this one is done.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #919 on: September 28, 2022, 03:13:50 PM »
"while street tricking"

Street. Tricking.

For as long as they’ve been around you’d think they’d have a little more self respect.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2022, 03:34:46 PM »
Are you tt riders using old trucks that have been on regular popsicles? Its the thing that keeps me from trying. I feel like I need a dedicated tt set of trucks so my mind won't go crazy.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #921 on: September 28, 2022, 03:44:37 PM »
Are you tt riders using old trucks that have been on regular popsicles? Its the thing that keeps me from trying. I feel like I need a dedicated tt set of trucks so my mind won't go crazy.

I re-purposed a set of trucks but I did new bushings with a thorough break in period skating both ways. At a minimum you should do this unless you really want a new set of trucks

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #922 on: September 28, 2022, 03:50:06 PM »
Either go new bushing and cups and or just setup a twin from scratch and leave it as is.

You can use existing shit too, just get them nut flush and adjust the trucks evenly until they feel right.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2022, 03:51:50 PM »

It doesn't matter at all. Put the trucks on a twin, about the same tightness, do all kinds of tricks and try to find out which truck used to be the back truck. It won't be obvious unless you have crazy deep grooves. Or just switch the hangers/bushings around on your regular setup to try.
I don't get it at all, you don't even need new bushings or anything like that unless you've never used your board switch/fakie before. It's just slap thinking and going mad about stuff without even trying it in the first place.

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #924 on: September 28, 2022, 08:45:08 PM »
I got a new set of trucks when first trying TT, and kept the old setup for comparison. I liked it, so kept buying TT decks. However, at some point I wanted to get a regular deck again, but I had gotten too attached to the trucks and bushing setup, so I kept getting TT just because I didn't wanna mess up the symmetry of the trucks. Then I snapped a deck while on a trip, so I had no choice but to go directional. Now I feel fine about it and wouldn't hesitate to set up a twin again, even if the grooves are a bit different now. It'll even out no problem.

frank1175

• Rep: 12
« Reply #925 on: October 03, 2022, 10:33:17 PM »
I only skate Twin Tails (mainly the DLX 8.3” Slicks) and decided to give the Santa Cruz Mc Coy 8.25” VX Twin Tail a go. The board feels super snappy/crispy because of the VX technology which I liked but I noticed something was a bit off. I measured both “kicks” and there was a 2-3mm difference in length 😬 One looks steeper than the other as well. Kinda dissapointed in this. I have another one still shrink wrapped that measures the same. Come on, how hard can it be to get the measurements right? It’s definitely not symmetrical. I guess I will stick with the Real/Krooked ones but want to try the Quasi’s and will also get the new Andy Anderson 🤪

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #926 on: October 04, 2022, 06:53:52 AM »
I only skate Twin Tails (mainly the DLX 8.3” Slicks) and decided to give the Santa Cruz Mc Coy 8.25” VX Twin Tail a go. The board feels super snappy/crispy because of the VX technology which I liked but I noticed something was a bit off. I measured both “kicks” and there was a 2-3mm difference in length 😬 One looks steeper than the other as well. Kinda dissapointed in this. I have another one still shrink wrapped that measures the same. Come on, how hard can it be to get the measurements right? It’s definitely not symmetrical. I guess I will stick with the Real/Krooked ones but want to try the Quasi’s and will also get the new Andy Anderson 🤪

From personal experience, none of the SC twin tails are (tho I think the Flamingo might have been), easy to spot the nose and tail; in most videos it's a 'symmetrical kick' meaning the degree of kick is supposedly the same....only the Creature Gardner was the true twin out of that house.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #927 on: October 05, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »
https://www.chemsfb.com/product/cat-guts-symmetrical-skateboard

SYMMETRICAL CUSTOM DUAL NOSE SHAPE

DIMENSIONS:
8.25”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.5”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.75”W x 32”L x 14”WB
9.0”W x 32”L x 14”WB

6.75” Nose & Tail

-100% Made in USA

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #928 on: October 05, 2022, 03:24:26 PM »

DIMENSIONS:
8.25”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.5”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.75”W x 32”L x 14”WB
9.0”W x 32”L x 14”WB

6.75” Nose & Tail

-100% Made in USA
any info on the wood
made in usa has me hoping for pennswood
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #929 on: October 05, 2022, 03:38:14 PM »

DIMENSIONS:
8.25”W x 32”L x 14”WB
8.5”W x 32”L x 14”WB