Author Topic: on a scale of one to a zillion how corny is mike v  (Read 10210 times)

Dusty Hotman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: on a scale of one to a zillion how corny is mike v
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i fucked with mike until i listened to his nine club. four hours of him talking about how everyone gives him props for everything all the time while the host dude just goes "thats wild". what a goof.
[close]

They have one of those groups where I live that is like a street team or fan club for the board brand. They used to organize some meetups at parks around town, and you'd see like 15-20 dudes with full pads riding giant shaped boards carving up those 3ft bad boy bowl corners.

They were all pretty nice guys, but they are like...really into it.

Met Mike V one time at an event they did, he seemed OK. Didn't really say much.
[close]

That's the battalion and they call the few shops that carry street plant an "armory"

That's right, the battalion!

Those guys all went down to the armory to get those mean street axes alright.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2019, 08:13:17 PM »
Sharpen your pitchforks boys and girls we're off on a wild adventure again. This time it's based on someone's interview in a magazine whose whole shtick was trolling the industry and shocking people as much as possible. I'm sure it will be a fun, but slightly bumpy, ride!

I'm surprised Vallely agreed to do an interview with Big Brother after falling out w/Rocco. They were bound to bring up shit he probably wouldn't want to talk about and/or things that wouldn't make him look good. He had to know at least one skeleton was going to come crashing out of the closet during that interview since part of the magazine's purpose was to promote Rocco's companies.

Maybe he thought he could explain most of them away? Like, when he tries to explain away choking Jeremy Klien.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:15:21 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2019, 08:52:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Sharpen your pitchforks boys and girls we're off on a wild adventure again. This time it's based on someone's interview in a magazine whose whole shtick was trolling the industry and shocking people as much as possible. I'm sure it will be a fun, but slightly bumpy, ride!
[close]
If he's not a racist but just says racist things for shock value he's still a fuckwit.
maybe he was a fuckwit in 93 ... who wasn't really? My money is on getting trolled by BB.
Like Duffel though, Mike V has shown that he can and did change over time. 10/10 cried on the nine club about how his run in with peanut brown taught him so many lessons and yet he just continued to make the same dumb mistakes over and over again for 20+ years until someone finally called him on his bullshit. One quote in BB is hardly anything to start a witch hunt over imho

I'm surprised Vallely agreed to do an interview with Big Brother after falling out w/Rocco. They were bound to bring up shit he probably wouldn't want to talk about and/or things that wouldn't make him look good. He had to know at least one skeleton was going to come crashing out of the closet during that interview since part of the magazine's purpose was to promote Rocco's companies.

Maybe he thought he could explain most of them away? Like, when he tries to explain away choking Jeremy Klien.
True, looks like he had beef with transworld too though so maybe he thought BB would give him an unfiltered platform to speak his mind?

side note: I respect him more now that I know he choked JK
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:54:18 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Fred Savage

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
Lol at any mike v fans. Hahahahah. Holy shit. Hahahahah. What about his Transworld interview with his poetry? Comedic gold. That’s when he was at his best too. Hahahaha. Streetplant? Hahahahahahahahah holy shit I’m gonna die. Hahahahaha.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2019, 09:27:00 PM »
Lol at any mike v fans. Hahahahah. Holy shit. Hahahahah. What about his Transworld interview with his poetry? Comedic gold. That’s when he was at his best too. Hahahaha. Streetplant? Hahahahahahahahah holy shit I’m gonna die. Hahahahaha.

Your schtick gives me second hand embarrassment. You are the most pathetic try hard poster on here.

Fred Savage

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2019, 09:27:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your schtick gives me second hand embarrassment. You are the most pathetic try hard poster on here.
Don’t worry fake rick. I’m gonna be gone soon enough.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2019, 09:28:42 PM »
At least he's not Jason Dill or even worse ... Jeremy Klein

Fred Savage

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Don’t worry fake rick. I’m gonna be gone soon enough.
[close]

Good to hear.
Sike

Black Frycook

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2019, 09:36:31 PM »
#NotMyRick

Rick_Kane

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2019, 09:39:29 PM »

Black Frycook

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2019, 09:46:13 PM »
Expand Quote
#NotMyRick
[close]

Who the fuck are you?

Who are you dawg you're clearly an impostor what have you done with the real Rick?

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »
We should keep these scales 1 to 10, I don’t think some of us can appreciate the subtitles of a 1 to 1,000,000 rating.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2019, 10:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
If he's not a racist but just says racist things for shock value he's still a fuckwit.
[close]
maybe he was a fuckwit in 93 ... who wasn't really? My money is on getting trolled by BB.
Like Duffel though, Mike V has shown that he can and did change over time. 10/10 cried on the nine club about how his run in with peanut brown taught him so many lessons and yet he just continued to make the same dumb mistakes over and over again for 20+ years until someone finally called him on his bullshit. One quote in BB is hardly anything to start a witch hunt over imho
There's also the Confederate flag on his car. I do believe in forgiveness and people changing, I'm not about to light a torch and assemble a lynch mob, but unless I see any evidence that he's changed, There are a hundred other companies i can buy boards from. It's hardly a witch hunt.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

leftjab13

• Rep: 0
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2019, 10:34:47 PM »
has he ever explained this confederate flag shit?

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
I couldn't make it 20 minutes into his nine club.  I couldn't stand his in depth storytelling about being questioned for his punkness in High School.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2019, 11:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
There's also the Confederate flag on his car. I do believe in forgiveness and people changing, I'm not about to light a torch and assemble a lynch mob, but unless I see any evidence that he's changed, There are a hundred other companies i can buy boards from. It's hardly a witch hunt.
I don't know, does he still own that car? I could see him driving a hybrid these days LOL
Duffel was rocking a confederate flag in his garage when he was all biker-ed up with his harley buddys and no one made him repent on that. Grant Taylor was also in the same boat no with a flag in his room?
Anyway, I think we've already done this topic before when every man and their troll were trying to unmask the next 10/10 in the industry:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=101030.0

*snoozes*

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »
Yeah I thought everyone saw this in the Jason Jesse thread. I was just posting the article because I happened to be reading that big brother today and thought of this thread. Wasn't trying to make that part any kind of issue.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2019, 12:29:37 AM »
Years and years and years ago, very early 90's, Mike Vallely did a demo out here, it was bad. All I remember there was a quarter pipe, and a bunch of dudes were standing on top. It collapses back and someones falls on the edge of the quarter pipe where you ride up, like this.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2019, 04:03:28 AM »
Years and years and years ago, very early 90's, Mike Vallely did a demo out here, it was bad. All I remember there was a quarter pipe, and a bunch of dudes were standing on top. It collapses back and someones falls on the edge of the quarter pipe where you ride up, like this.

Go on....
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2019, 06:43:08 AM »
the first time I saw Mike V, he was playing ice hockey in his 411 profile, I had just quit playing hockey because everyone I played hockey with listened to tragically hip and sucked, Mike V has been a kook in every single phase of his life.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2019, 06:43:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Go on....

it's still balancing like that to this day

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2019, 06:44:22 AM »
Jerzzzz
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2019, 08:19:09 AM »
mike is a legit hero in skateboarding

its easy for slap kooks to take shots at an aging athlete

but in his prime i bet you wouldn't say it to his face

You are not Eraserhead.

You can’t even take threats online.

You are not man.

Good day.

tedkootz

• Rep: -58
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2019, 10:10:41 AM »
he blocked me lol

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »

Fuck of you smug twerp

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3421
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2019, 10:47:12 AM »

This would make for a far more interesting graphic than anything Numbers has put out, ever.

heavy metal harvey

• Rep: -6
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »

oh yeah?! build a time machine pal and we'll see what i do or dont do

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2019, 11:06:30 AM »
I wish I could find the exact quote, but years ago I remember reading in a Transworld buyer's guide a quote from Mike V. along the lines of "if you buy shop decks, you're a kook who doesn't support skating."

I wonder how much Element paid him to say that...

Fred Savage

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2019, 11:09:40 AM »

Hears “Old Town Road”  once and changes profile picture to himself in cowboy hat

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2019, 11:58:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Go on....
It’s hard to remember because I was young and it was so shitty. The first of very few demos in my area. I was really young and because it was just Mike V doing weird handstands and shit it wasn’t very memorable. I got something in a product toss I think. God I wish I could remember what it was but I think it was pretty lame and a dumb brand on top. I think my friend got a no name slick board.

The most memorable thing was the quarter pipe falling. It was a few people on it and they all got smoked. It fell completely on its back. My re-creation is in the middle of that devastating event.