Author Topic: CJ Collins Pro as fuck  (Read 10575 times)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
Re: CJ Collins Pro as fuck
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2019, 11:33:30 AM »
im not a kid and dont watch kids skate so this is irrelevant

poor toy machine man, isnt this the redbull beanie kid?

disgusting

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2019, 12:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Remember when everyone talked shit on flip for their team full of children?
[close]
You say that like it's worked out swimmingly for them.

+1

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »
I blame instagram for this trend too.. kids like CJ and Kader have 400k followers. That’s a lot of advertising and marketability power it gives them. They don’t have to put out parts and hustle for years now - just get that follower count up dawg and you pro as fuck!

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
CJ is sick. Not gonna be buying his board though.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Why are you motherfuckers hating on this kid? He shreds a million times better than moste of you negative assholes on here LOLOL
[close]

It has nothing to do with skill

What a god damn waste of a good avatar

You're right... it has to do with imaginary 'core' standards that haven't been valid for a decade now

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
I wasn't gunna write about this but, due to popular demand, I've decided to share this interesting story about AM skater CJ Collins.

If you didn't know, I am a pretty dark black guy (I'm very sure that alot of you are surprised). I work at Fontana Skateparks which has quite a few pros and ams roll through. One particular night CJ COLLINS was there skating with an unnamed witness. As I entered the park, my witness says, CJ turned his head looked at me and called me a Nigger from the other side of the park. But it was the way he said it. My witness says that he has a hard time describing it (not surprising).

https://fortysevenmag.wixsite.com/home/single-post/2018/02/03/CJ-Collins-Amateur-Racist

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2019, 01:59:03 PM »
i can't believe you guys are questioning the current direction of tote machine

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2019, 03:22:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I wasn't gunna write about this but, due to popular demand, I've decided to share this interesting story about AM skater CJ Collins.

If you didn't know, I am a pretty dark black guy (I'm very sure that alot of you are surprised). I work at Fontana Skateparks which has quite a few pros and ams roll through. One particular night CJ COLLINS was there skating with an unnamed witness. As I entered the park, my witness says, CJ turned his head looked at me and called me a Nigger from the other side of the park. But it was the way he said it. My witness says that he has a hard time describing it (not surprising).
[close]

https://fortysevenmag.wixsite.com/home/single-post/2018/02/03/CJ-Collins-Amateur-Racist

Damn, CJ Collins is a racist and Templeton loves him.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why are you motherfuckers hating on this kid? He shreds a million times better than moste of you negative assholes on here LOLOL
[close]

It has nothing to do with skill

What a god damn waste of a good avatar
[close]

You're right... it has to do with imaginary 'core' standards that haven't been valid for a decade now

Yup!

SkateKitten

• Rep: -21
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

No surprise. He said the "F" word to an old lady, in his Thrasher part. Bad boy.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2019, 06:30:38 PM »
in b4 this thread is 20 pages

squintharder

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2019, 09:22:53 PM »
the fact that he went pro at a contest says it all. shit's kinda lame if you ask me. tricks are cool, still got a little kid style tho.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2019, 12:08:39 AM »
the fact that he went pro at a contest says it all. shit's kinda lame if you ask me. tricks are cool, still got a little kid style tho.
I bet Bony turned pro at a contest.

blunted

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2019, 01:48:55 AM »
CJ Collins is the face of privilege. This new generation of pros will all come from kids who were groomed and trained to become pro skaters by there parents. Nothing wrong with that, but the way he tries to rock the beanie and attitude just comes off really fake and Justin Bieberish.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:58:05 AM by blunted »

blunted

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2019, 02:01:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

CJ is Templeton's star. With the amount of star power he has in the mainstream skateboarding industry, he'd have to lynch someone to get called out. He's gonna get a pass cause he's a kid.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 02:03:29 AM by blunted »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2019, 02:14:27 AM »
That kid is gonna be really good in a few years but nobody will care
He's already super good but a lot of people, including me, won't ever care.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2019, 02:37:21 AM »
Not gonna save Toy Machine

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2019, 08:24:06 AM »
Damn I have a soft spot for toy. But this kinda ruins it. Not because he’s turning pro at a young age but because he’s a racist Red Bull baby. It also paints Ed in a really hypocritical light. Which also sucks.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2019, 10:13:58 AM »
My gut reaction was that this was wack, but kid has almost 400k followers on insta. It's lame, but a CJ board is basically Ed printing money.

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2019, 10:41:02 AM »
We are living in the popularity contest age of skateboarding, every and any skateboarder who hits 250k followers on insta should go pro by default.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:22 AM »
Kader went pro right about the time he starting showing up around the Supreme guys, right? It was a use it or lose it situation for Baker.

I’d bet this is the same sort of thing. Offers from other teams were probably coming in. Factor that in with Red Bull, kook skate dad, and actual ability and a long future if he doesn’t pile out, it makes sense to turn him pro.

From a money aspect anyway. He’s constantly on Provost and Leo’s insta. He’s at least coming up around solid dudes. Maybe the kid stands a chance.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2019, 11:15:29 AM »
If the kid is competing at a pro level in a pro contest, why should he not have a board with his name on?

CJs a little fucker for sure, but he's a little fucker that will sell plenty of boards. You'd be stupid to let him jump to another brand.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2019, 11:21:49 AM »
please don't compare Kader to this park ranger. I'm sure his skate coach is proud tho.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2019, 12:02:05 PM »

From a money aspect anyway. He’s constantly on Provost and Leo’s insta. He’s at least coming up around solid dudes. Maybe the kid stands a chance.
I follow Colllin, I don't remember anything of him, not even anything about him going pro? Maybe I just missed it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 02:39:16 PM by bbk »

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
Constantly wasn’t the right word. But he’s posted some clips of the kid when (I assume) they’re on the road.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
We are living in the popularity contest age of skateboarding, every and any skateboarder who hits 250k followers on insta should go pro by default.

Its been a popularity contest since street skating became a thing.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2019, 01:44:43 PM »

Looks like skate daddy or uncle ed has been cutting some checks

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2019, 02:00:14 PM »

I hate to rain on your discovery but literally everyone is buying followers and likes.

bo bice

• Rep: 89
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »
poor man’s T-funk

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hate to rain on your discovery but literally everyone is buying followers and likes.
so just one dude would have to not pay and you're wrong...plenty of folks could give a fuck about followers