Author Topic: braille and revive  (Read 8135 times)

DanTheDoucher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Re: braille and revive
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2019, 06:05:45 AM »
It's beacuse that Scientology Aaron dude has one of the worst human faces to look at.

Look at him. LOOK AT HIM!!!!!!

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Audrey II

• Rep: 14188
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2019, 06:43:17 AM »
Braille/remive sucks, and is easy to clown on. but don’t kid yourselves, half of you watch rad rat. that shit is just as corny.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2019, 06:52:45 AM »
Expand Quote
It's beacuse that Scientology Aaron dude has one of the worst human faces to look at.
[close]

I mean between him and Steve Berra it'd take alot for me not to beat the brakes off either. I am a mellow person when kicking it, but say something stupid over and over I would lose my cool.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 06:57:25 AM »
Personally I don't hate them but I don't relate to vloggers I cringe watching that stuff so I definitely won't be walking around representing their product.
You usually skate/wear the names that represent your taste best and most people on Slap are above 13 and not beginners so normally you won't find a lot of Braille and Revive fans here.

handplant circle

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
The hatred started in SF when Aaron started doing better wheelies than all the other pier 7 heads.   We all know all hatred in skateboarding starts in SF.  I mean look at that kids Nazi list post.    LOTS of YAY AREA folks on that list......

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2019, 07:42:09 AM »
I always found it odd the way they ran up on kids at the park with the whole "SHOW ME YOUR BOARD SHOW ME YOUR SHOES" shtick and while the kids are grateful for the free product which is also cool of them to do albeit free promotion it almost puts those kinds on a bad pedestal for having the most fucked gear. Combine that with corny skits, clickbait generic vlogs and scientology and that pretty much sums it up.

I also REALLY fucking despise how any youtube/vlog skater make such a big deal of skating street like it's some god forsaken event that happens once annually before they retreat to the confinements of the warehouse to drill trucks to a fucking door or whatever shit they get up to.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2019, 07:57:59 AM »
I always found it odd the way they ran up on kids at the park with the whole "SHOW ME YOUR BOARD SHOW ME YOUR SHOES" shtick and while the kids are grateful for the free product which is also cool of them to do albeit free promotion it almost puts those kinds on a bad pedestal for having the most fucked gear. Combine that with corny skits, clickbait generic vlogs and scientology and that pretty much sums it up.

I also REALLY fucking despise how any youtube/vlog skater make such a big deal of skating street like it's some god forsaken event that happens once annually before they retreat to the confinements of the warehouse to drill trucks to a fucking door or whatever shit they get up to.
What kills me about their quasi altruistic intentions of giving away free shit, I think it speaks volumes to not have the interactions of giving away free shit filmed.  Sure if the kid is on FB or Insta and gets kicked down something and a grateful message of how rad the interactions were then I would commend them, however it seems like cultish and clickbait for self validation instead of it's selfless intent.

Do shit because you want to not by how it gives you a false sense of validation, nothing worse then someone who has that vlogging look at me look ate me! I am so interesting and chic Fuck off loser!

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »

For sure. Everytime I see the "worst [blank] at the park", I feel bad for the kid that gets called out. Some kids are like "meh, too lazy to change wheels" other kids are like "yeah, I'm poor. I'm just trying to enjoy myself like the other kids are able to". That was me growing up. So yeah, fuck that.

Any sort of skate vlog is boring as fuck. I think dudes like Chad Caruso and Ben DeGros have it right. Even though I use "vlog" loosely when talking about Ben. They definitely get the point; less talk, more skate.

I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For sure. Everytime I see the "worst [blank] at the park", I feel bad for the kid that gets called out. Some kids are like "meh, too lazy to change wheels" other kids are like "yeah, I'm poor. I'm just trying to enjoy myself like the other kids are able to". That was me growing up. So yeah, fuck that.

Any sort of skate vlog is boring as fuck. I think dudes like Chad Caruso and Ben DeGros have it right. Even though I use "vlog" loosely when talking about Ben. They definitely get the point; less talk, more skate.
I agree as a nerd I do enjoy learning the aspects of wheelbase/tails and what fits where with certain truck components.

Ben does it right as he switches out trucks on different boards to get the proper feel for a deck.  ie ghost pop or too steep a nose or tail.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2019, 08:42:57 AM »
afraid to know, but does remive makes footwear so they can give/sell that to kids too? i probably understood that post ^ a few up incorrectly. how gross would that be? i cant imagine any existing company wanting to associate with them.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2019, 08:56:58 AM »
all that shit it is corny as fuck.

you get it, or you don't.

it's one of the great things about skating, you can tell a lot about another skater by what gear they're rocking.

I need a coffee

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2019, 09:04:20 AM »
afraid to know, but does remive makes footwear so they can give/sell that to kids too? i probably understood that post ^ a few up incorrectly. how gross would that be? i cant imagine any existing company wanting to associate with them.

Holy shit, I hope not.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2019, 09:07:49 AM »
Meh.  It was fine when the dude was making trick tip videos and such, even if some of that was marketing based.  Once that well ran dry, it turned into "WE TRY TO SKATE A HARRY POTTER BOOK!" or going to a skatepark in sumo suits.  I'm good off of the schtick, it's easier to just watch Ben Degros' channel or a classic video than complain about Remive BS.  As far as the product giveaways, it's all exploitative clickbait.  If you really want to give shit away, just leave it at the park and mention it on Instagram or something.  AVE did it the other day.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2019, 09:32:48 AM »
Checked out a few of their videos over the years. Besides the cornball antics, people like Aaron and Andy just scream of an unhealthy amount of narcissism. Constantly yelling into a self facing camera even when they have nothing to say. All to reach a time goal on their video so they can monetize it. They do daily videos so of course most of its gonna be useless junk with nothing of substance to say. Andy even puts his kids in the videos. Jesus I would be bummed if my personality was put out for the world to see before I even had developed taste and personality. But it's selling and is super popular with the "non core" so what do I know. We think of it as the "other" part of skating that is on the fringe but the amount of people into it worries me that skateboarding will become more and more like this. 

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And what about...

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
The only YouTube skate channel I fuck with is my man Ben Degros.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 10:24:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2019, 11:33:51 AM »
Why do alot of people hate braille and revive?

I didn’t know you Revive boys were so insecure
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2019, 11:38:16 AM »

On a more important note: Who and where is the gif in your sig from?
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2019, 11:40:41 AM »
I neither hate nor give a shit about revive but I do find it strange that they chose skateboarding as their thing. They have always seemed mighty in-liney and/or scootery to me.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
Braille/remive sucks, and is easy to clown on. but don’t kid yourselves, half of you watch rad rat. that shit is just as corny.
Don't you dare bring my boy Rad Rat into this mess. He may use the same platform as these opportunistic dweebs, but he's actually doing the Lord's work. (In other words, I always learn something that I should have already known when I watch his videos.)

Twombles1

• Rep: -32
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah they probably are

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah they probably are

Nice try, but you can't deflect this shit. You've made your allegiances clear, your only hope for solace is in martyrdom for Youtube skateboarding.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Twombles1

• Rep: -32
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah they probably are
[close]

Nice try, but you can't deflect this shit. You've made your allegiances clear, your only hope for solace is in martyrdom for Youtube skateboarding.

Yeah, They definitely can’t deflect it

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
Personally I don't hate them but I don't relate to vloggers I cringe watching that stuff so I definitely won't be walking around representing their product.
You usually skate/wear the names that represent your taste best and most people on Slap are above 13 and not beginners so normally you won't find a lot of Braille and Revive fans here.

the whole click baity titles and lists of the dumbest things to get more views just forces out so many dogshit videos. I heard John Hill was good from here and watched a few of his youtube videos and couldnt get the appeal

kudos to them on learning how to make money off of youtube though cant knock that hustle. Im sure theyre all decent human beings or some shit

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2019, 03:23:30 PM »
cos they are winning? more kids know these clowns than they know Fred Gall...

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2019, 08:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2019, 08:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the whole click baity titles and lists of the dumbest things to get more views just forces out so many dogshit videos. I heard John Hill was good from here and watched a few of his youtube videos and couldn't get the appeal

kudos to them on learning how to make money off of youtube though cant knock that hustle. I'm sure they are all decent human beings or some shit

I've joked with a few friends about all the click bait techniques, to the point that we gave the youtube skateboarding ones "Shrocking"

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2019, 08:41:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Personally I don't hate them but I don't relate to vloggers I cringe watching that stuf so I definitely won't be walking around representing their product.
[close]

the whole click baity titles and lists of the dumbest things to get more views just forces out so many dogshit videos. 1. I heard John Hill was good from here and watched a few of his youtube videos and couldnt get the appeal

kudos to them on learning how to make money off of youtube though cant knock that hustle. 2. Im sure theyre all decent human beings or some shit

First of all, you heard no such thing.

Secondly, they are reptilians and can change between their reptilian-like form and human form at will. Although they don’t actually change their form themselves – their human form is the result of vibrations that change the human mind. So you might think you see a human being, but in actual fact the human being is a reptilian. It’s just your mind playing tricks on you.

Thirdly, Doritos is still the most authentic flavored tortilla chip brand in skateboarding, lest you forget.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:02:23 PM by Christmas Complete »
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.