Author Topic: Independent Trucks Mid  (Read 75399 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Independent Trucks Mid
« Reply #330 on: October 27, 2020, 06:52:03 PM »

HugeBodBoyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: October 27, 2020, 07:31:23 PM »
I ordered a set. Fuck it. I'm not getting any younger.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2020, 08:32:13 PM »
well they’re not any lighter. Or you mean not getting any younger to try new things?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
« Reply #333 on: October 28, 2020, 03:24:58 AM »
I got a set and so far so good.

I asked about this in another thread, just to get more eyes on my problem here.

Having a problem with the bushings though. I can’t tighten them down as far as I like to. Either the kingpin ran out of threads, or it’s hitting the board. I’m on the heavier side (190lbs.) and ride my trucks medium. Had to throw some Indy Hard bushings in, which don’t give me the rebound and responsiveness I get out of the stock orange medium bushings.

Indy Hard bushings are 94a, thinking about getting these Doh-Doh bushings that are 92a, as I can’t find the Indy Medium- Hard bushings anywhere in my area right now.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

If you're looking for responsiveness and rebound I wouldn't get doh dohs. They also don't really like being cranked down, I've had some split on me when I tried it.

I'd suggest just ordering the blue 92a indy ones (they're the best indy bushings in my opinion) or going for something like the 94a ones that come stock in ventures. They sell them as deluxe supercush and I think they would be your best bet.

If there's nowhere around you that has them then you can order them with free shipping from TGM, or if you have Amazon prime they sometimes have them on the warehouse and you can get next day delivery.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2020, 09:51:04 AM »

Having a problem with the bushings though. I can’t tighten them down as far as I like to. Either the kingpin ran out of threads, or it’s hitting the board. I’m on the heavier side (190lbs.) and ride my trucks medium. Had to throw some Indy Hard bushings in, which don’t give me the rebound and responsiveness I get out of the stock orange medium bushings.

Indy Hard bushings are 94a, thinking about getting these Doh-Doh bushings that are 92a, as I can’t find the Indy Medium- Hard bushings anywhere in my area right now.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

DELUXE - SUPERCUSH BUSHINGS Or Indy Aftermarkets in a 97/99+ duro is what you need

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #335 on: October 28, 2020, 12:31:09 PM »

tldw
- It's actually 10 grams heavier than the Indy standards
- The kingpin clearance is actually worse than Indy standards
- The hanger is way thicker than than the Indy standards
- Hollow version is supposed to come out this summer

I'm sure all this info was already covered in previous pages but I'm too lazy to check.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #336 on: October 28, 2020, 12:55:20 PM »
Good info. I'm all set. Also w beefier hangar there's less lock in (especially with classic shape wheels), kingpin less smith clearance/harder than normal kingpin nut.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #337 on: October 28, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2020, 02:09:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!
[close]

DELUXE - SUPERCUSH BUSHINGS Or Indy Aftermarkets in a 97/99+ duro is what you need

You’re suggesting a harder bushing? But I miss the squishy rebound I get from a softer bushing. How would a harder bushing be better?

Legitimately asking. Never been such a nerd about my trucks. Going down the rabbit hole on this one

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2020, 03:49:33 AM »

tldw

I'm sure all this info was already covered in previous pages but I'm too lazy to check.
If you want a lower indy why you wouldn't get forged hollows? None of the problems listed above.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2020, 08:37:15 AM »
Expand Quote

tldw

[close]
If you want a lower indy why you wouldn't get forged hollows? None of the problems listed above.

Exactly! I’m on Tis and as much as I wanna try them there’s no reason for me to.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2020, 09:19:11 AM »
I just wanna get my hands on the baseplates with some krux dlks for my standards.

Looks like a stupid ass idea for a truck from them after watching bens video and comparing the specs to standards or hollows. Heavier, lower, less kingpin clearance, I’m good. Can’t wait for the baseplates to be available on their own though, that looks interesting.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »
Expand Quote

tldw

[close]

I don't understand either. I guess to save like $5 and if you don't like how light FH are?

Really strange design choices made by Indy. Might as well just get Ace tbh.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2020, 07:21:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!
[close]

If you're looking for responsiveness and rebound I wouldn't get doh dohs. They also don't really like being cranked down, I've had some split on me when I tried it.

I'd suggest just ordering the blue 92a indy ones (they're the best indy bushings in my opinion) or going for something like the 94a ones that come stock in ventures. They sell them as deluxe supercush and I think they would be your best bet.

If there's nowhere around you that has them then you can order them with free shipping from TGM, or if you have Amazon prime they sometimes have them on the warehouse and you can get next day delivery.

Ok, thank you! Much appreciated!

I almost grabbed a set of the 92a Indy bushings. Gonna have to go back to that shop and get them.

I like the way the black 94a Indy bushings look, but if it’s the blue ones I need, then it’s all good. Haha

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2020, 08:56:48 PM »
After watching Ben Degros' review, I think I'm gonna stick to Aces, thank you very much.

Diocletian

« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »
Madness got me thinkin though....Titanium high hanger, mid baseplate, krux kingpin.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2020, 01:05:57 AM »
Madness got me thinkin though....Titanium high hanger, mid baseplate, krux kingpin.
This is actually what I’m planning to do.
Even ordered an extra 2 sets of Krux kingpins.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2020, 05:32:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
well they’re not any lighter. Or you mean not getting any younger to try new things?

Yeah, the latter. They are noticeably heavier. But, I'll give them a poke in a bit.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:24 AM »

Wonder if they are just going to sell the baseplate.  Indy usually does....Its a sick design.  Given how much extra meat is in the hanger what's gonna be a bummer is paying for a titanium version and it still weighing a lot.

I mentioned this, but I'm guessing this had to do with an easier manufacturing process because I don't think it was market demand....

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2020, 08:54:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wonder if they are just going to sell the baseplate.  Indy usually does....Its a sick design.  Given how much extra meat is in the hanger what's gonna be a bummer is paying for a titanium version and it still weighing a lot.

I mentioned this, but I'm guessing this had to do with an easier manufacturing process because I don't think it was market demand....

They are going to sell the baseplates, but not until the spring.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: October 31, 2020, 09:14:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did it and went with the opposite, forged plate, new hanger, down in the 50/51mm range, and lighter.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #351 on: October 31, 2020, 09:57:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I did it and went with the opposite, forged plate, new hanger, down in the 50/51mm range, and lighter.
Interesting. How do they ride?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #352 on: October 31, 2020, 01:23:53 PM »

I thought about that, but I don't really want a 55mm high Indy.   I like my Ti at 53.5

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: October 31, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Interesting. How do they ride?

I didn't put in a krux pin tho - the clearance is better, not so hefty and feel like indys, faster pop as I have them on 51mm wheels with a low/flat kick....they feel like Mini logos now :P

Going to swap back to the forged ti and keep the 51mm wheels...to balance it all out tho...I'll sacrifice a few mm for the weight savings...skating Tensor ATGs on another board and man, just so good, just wish they were lower.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 04:25:49 PM by Xen »

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #354 on: November 03, 2020, 04:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

tldw

[close]
[close]

I don't understand either. I guess to save like $5 and if you don't like how light FH are?

^ Seriously. Did they even think this out, or was it just like "How can we make a heavier truck, that doesn't lock-in as good, and hangs-up on Smith/Feeble grinds...oh, I know!!!" Wait till they go full NHS turboclown and stick Sponge Bob on the baseplate or something. That said, I ride Indy Ti.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #355 on: November 03, 2020, 09:55:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

tldw

[close]
[close]

[close]

^ Seriously. Did they even think this out, or was it just like "How can we make a heavier truck, that doesn't lock-in as good, and hangs-up on Smith/Feeble grinds...oh, I know!!!" Wait till they go full NHS turboclown and stick Sponge Bob on the baseplate or something. That said, I ride Indy Ti.

All of this. Was on forged hollow Indy's more than anything else (probably gonna stick with Aces from here on out). Was curious about the mids, but good lord, everything about that review sounds unappealing. Seems like they shot themselves in the foot with trying to keep a lot of shit interchangeable with standard Stage XI's. Couldn't lower the height of the bushings, same with the baseplate, so they'e stuck making every adjustment within the hanger. If you're only adjusting hanger height, the kingpin clearance has nowhere to go but down. So you add more meat, more weight....on a mid. Genuinely fucking weird design choices. Hex/allen combo adjustment will forever be a shit compromise.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #356 on: November 03, 2020, 10:06:44 PM »
I find these trucks attractive

Diocletian

« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2020, 07:31:06 AM »
The only thing that matters is the baseplates. It is the most secure option on the market for running an inverted kingpin, just gotta replace the mid hanger with a high and you're good to go.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:00 AM »
This thread makes ace look better and better

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.