Author Topic: Independent Trucks Mid  (Read 75363 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Independent Trucks Mid
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2020, 10:01:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

If we're still in the sample stage, it's gonna be a minute.
[close]

We just placed our pre book for the new mids. Arrival December I think I heard??
[close]

Any details on the listing or just 'new indy mids'?  Looks like they're just rolling out casts to start with.
[close]

The listing? If you mean sizes, only 144 149 were available at the time the prebooks went out. Also just double checked and they’re thinking November hitting stores. Could still be delayed but that what we’re working with
[close]

I think they will have them in 139 also. Could be the lowest size available in the mids. Not sure if they will come in the 129’s.

They will obviously be replacing the lows. I’m gonna have have to try the mids. Never had a mid or high truck in my life. Always rode lows.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2020, 10:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

We just placed our pre book for the new mids. Arrival December I think I heard??
[close]

Any details on the listing or just 'new indy mids'?  Looks like they're just rolling out casts to start with.
[close]

The listing? If you mean sizes, only 144 149 were available at the time the prebooks went out. Also just double checked and they’re thinking November hitting stores. Could still be delayed but that what we’re working with
[close]
[close]

I think they will have them in 139 also. Could be the lowest size available in the mids. Not sure if they will come in the 129’s.

They will obviously be replacing the lows. I’m gonna have have to try the mids. Never had a mid or high truck in my life. Always rode lows.

You ride indy lows? What size wheel is the max you feel comfortable with? Please and thanks.

Some mids with anyone of those logos in that Jenkem thing would be pretty sick

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2020, 11:25:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You ride indy lows? What size wheel is the max you feel comfortable with? Please and thanks.

Yeah. I ride 139 lows. I’ve only ridden two trucks in my life. Venture and Indy. Rode venture for like 16-17 years, Indy for like 3-4 years or so now.

Only thing I’ve changed was the axle size. Used to be 5.0 low then I went to 5.25 low in venture. Then for Indy. I went straight to 139. They don’t make them anymore but I have like 3 sets saved up.

I ride 51mm, if I ride 52mm I get obviously more wheelbite than the 51. Been riding lows and 51mm for a long time now. Occasionally 50mm but not in a couple years. Got 4 sets of F4’s ready.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2020, 02:53:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah. I ride 139 lows. I’ve only ridden two trucks in my life. Venture and Indy. Rode venture for like 16-17 years, Indy for like 3-4 years or so now.

Only thing I’ve changed was the axle size. Used to be 5.0 low then I went to 5.25 low in venture. Then for Indy. I went straight to 139. They don’t make them anymore but I have like 3 sets saved up.

I ride 51mm, if I ride 52mm I get obviously more wheelbite than the 51. Been riding lows and 51mm for a long time now. Occasionally 50mm but not in a couple years. Got 4 sets of F4’s ready.

Thanks!

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2020, 11:41:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hope they do the inverted kingpin, then the others might follow, I'm looking at you venture😀
[close]
I actually saw that thunder is working on one. I saw a setup video recently where someone said they were testing a pair
[close]

Tell me more.....show us the video.....yes yes

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2020, 02:05:12 PM »
that kingpin looks great but if that washer bends any more good luck getting anything on it ever again.

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2020, 04:39:12 PM »
New exploded view drawing inside the lid of those boxes.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2020, 03:09:26 PM »
52mm seems to be the repeated height in the threads, interesting seeing as they are cast plates.

I'll be sticking to my Forged Ti at 53.5mm until they lighten up this mid; can't imagine the kingpin being lighter than stick, so still a heavy indy.

Curious about the geo tho.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »

1:26

Not feeling the inverted kingpin, but 53mm seems cool.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »
Super.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2020, 11:07:40 AM »
I will try them. Hopefully, nothing too drastic compared to Indy lows 

Also, I took am a 7/8 Allen only guy.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2020, 03:09:58 PM »

What are the lows? 48.5? That’s like switching from venture lo’s to hi’s. These Indy mids are an inventure: venture height (stage 10 ish height no?), the new kingpin has clearance like a venture...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2020, 03:24:37 PM »

To be honest, -2mm seems so pointless. It’s still a high truck if you compare to like a Thunder Hi or a Ace High (52mm both right?), Indy lows were 48,5mm. I was expecting something like 51mm tall to be the right in between and a true mid truck. I’m riding Indys with forged baseplates that makes them 53,5mm already. What’s the point?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2020, 04:56:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

To be honest, -2mm seems so pointless. It’s still a high truck if you compare to like a Thunder Hi or a Ace High (52mm both right?), Indy lows were 48,5mm. I was expecting something like 51mm tall to be the right in between and a true mid truck. I’m riding Indys with forged baseplates that makes them 53,5mm already. What’s the point?

Super pointless. The Royal style kingpin makes even less sense when you consider that NHS owns Krux and could have easily utilized the down-low (i.e an actual inverted) kingpin. The hybrid thing isn't giving you that much extra clearance, and like you said, 52mm...might as well just ride the forged (and get a lighter truck).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2020, 04:57:49 PM »
I'm ok with it....as I kind of expect an Indy to feel taller, just the regs are too tall...if they are a bit lighter, I'll consider them. That clearance looks sick. 

I think they were going to do something closer to krux but krux stopped them.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »
I'm ok with it....as I kind of expect an Indy to feel taller, just the regs are too tall...if they are a bit lighter, I'll consider them. That clearance looks sick. 

Does Krux have that kind of clout at NHS? Seems like Indy is the cash cow over there. Regardless, glad they axed that wack crusader shield logo from the baseplate.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2020, 09:09:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What are the lows? 48.5? That’s like switching from venture lo’s to hi’s. These Indy mids are an inventure: venture height (stage 10 ish height no?), the new kingpin has clearance like a venture...

I think they are 48 mm for a 139 low.

Found a reference on this page:
https://www.skatewarehouse.co.uk/news/low-vs-high-skateboard-trucks/

thespacewolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2020, 09:28:15 PM »
53 kind of makes sense if you're taking in account that Thunder Teams are around 52mm? But realistic I'm not sure how much change that is

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2020, 11:07:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Does Krux have that kind of clout at NHS? Seems like Indy is the cash cow over there. Regardless, glad they axed that wack crusader shield logo from the baseplate.

They must as they've been with them forever....it's all under NHS but I'm not sure they are all owned by the same people.  Maybe Krux has a trademark on their design....

It's not as bad as the royal one but still looks kinda hokey.....

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2020, 03:42:44 AM »
Noticed that there is some kind of logo still in front of the baseplate, cross or maybe the mids logo?

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2020, 02:04:45 PM »

Gawd this video
Santa Cruz on Revive confirmed

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2020, 02:10:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The upcoming Krux K5s are switching over to the same hex/allen kingpin design, along with the threaded baseplates (shaft nut).

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »
53 kind of makes sense if you're taking in account that Thunder Teams are around 52mm? But realistic I'm not sure how much change that is

Thunders with forged plates are 52.5mm, the team editions have a cast baseplate, and are 53.5mm, the same height as forged Indys.

Having switched from the forged baseplate to the cast baseplate, a mm can feel like a pretty big difference. I'm pretty stoked on the inverted kingpin talk, as I've put Grind King kingpins in my thunders, and it would be rad to get a set that already had the work done and are actually designed for the inverted kingpin. They've got so much kingpin clearance!

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2020, 05:41:53 PM »
I'm so glad they didn't cave to the loony left on these and put that seriously badass shielded logo on them. That looks so cool. Skating is all about what kinds of vaguely fascistic logos appear on your gear. I'm going to buy so many sets of these just to taste the liberal tears as I walk around town with my right wing freedom setup. There aren't many liberals where I live in rural Idaho but the ones there are will probably blog about how butthurt they got by my setup.

Protip- Try not to mall grab, it makes the logo harder to see. Stickers for better visibility
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »
Sticking with Ti Forged. Can't see trading for increased weight for .5mm in height reduction just to get a clunky-ass inverted pin.

For those that want a cast plate and a lower truck I guess this will be where it's at?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2020, 07:52:27 AM »
Stage 10 with a different kingpin.
Still curious.
Mid is 50-52 in my mind....not sure why I think that.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2020, 09:49:07 AM »
The instafeed for that trucks has been '52mm' forever (not officially); that cringe vid was the first real confirmation.

Reynolds is riding (and "loves them")

Still not sure why people just don't crib from Grind King:

No nut needed.

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »
The upcoming Krux K5s are switching over to the same hex/allen kingpin design, along with the threaded baseplates (shaft nut).
the kingpins are going to be threaded in fr? snap city lmfao

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2020, 04:14:18 PM »
Already mentioned this in another thread, but switching out bushings is gonna be a biiiiitch.
Can you imagine just needing to switch out like a busted top bushing real quick or like a slightly bent washer or something? What could’ve been a quick 30 second task just became a whole damn ordeal.