Author Topic: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition  (Read 71435 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1036
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2020, 10:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Tensor bushing duro is 90a (from the source).
[close]
All of their models?

For ATG ya, those LOs no idea

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2020, 02:42:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know if Fury is still around ? I remember really liking a set I had about 15 years ago. They had a weird and sharp turning geometry but once you got used to it, they were real good.
[close]
I had a set of fury’s when they dropped and they had a real thin riser built in and these things on the baseplate to keep the nut locked in.
Ah good memories, those were my third set when I was younger. Anybody remember that "ballpoint technology" from Fury?
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2020, 07:24:39 PM »
Per was trying to reboot but they look like they're dead again.
Napping until that Olympic money train comes rolling in?
We've been around since '97. Roots.
How many times they gone out of business?

http://www.furytrucks.com

https://www.instagram.com/furytruckco/

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2020, 05:10:24 PM »
Succumbed to the madness this evening and ordered some Film 5.5's.  Will report results.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2020, 06:59:09 PM »
Succumbed to the madness this evening and ordered some Film 5.5's.  Will report results.

Just set some 6.0 on 8.5.  Hoping to get out tomorrow and try them out (snow and rain).  They seem to have same axle offset as indys.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2020, 09:00:46 AM »
5.5 axle is...?
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2020, 09:11:48 AM »
5.5 axle is...?

A "145".  8.25 analog to 144/148.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:33:51 AM by Live Fast Johnny »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 165
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
Film trucks honestly look fucking dope. I need some of those in my collection

satan

« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »
Someone needs to step up and do US (or North American) distro. Dwindle seems like they have enough trouble getting Tensor's into shops, no help there. Would someplace small like Theories wanna mess with truck distro? Who's Jeremie tight with?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2020, 03:01:29 PM »

Setup the 8.38 MLs (krux pin, ACE tall bottoms, low tops) on an 8.375 deck/52mm wheels, such a good feeling setup, low and wide and super carvy and it didn't feel cramped (14.2"WB). Had a blast on it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2020, 04:42:04 PM »
Someone needs to step up and do US (or North American) distro. Dwindle seems like they have enough trouble getting Tensor's into shops, no help there. Would someplace small like Theories wanna mess with truck distro? Who's Jeremie tight with?

I don't think Tensor will ever be prominent in shops, they'll never shake the 'no turn' stigma from years ago; just like Theeve can't shake their QC rep from years ago - even though both trucks are great in their current stages.

Sovereign Sect should nab them ;)

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2020, 06:35:35 PM »
Per was trying to reboot but they look like they're dead again.
Napping until that Olympic money train comes rolling in?
We've been around since '97. Roots.
How many times they gone out of business?

http://www.furytrucks.com

https://www.instagram.com/furytruckco/

I would be happy with a reboot. I always wanted to try a pair.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2020, 06:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think Tensor will ever be prominent in shops, they'll never shake the 'no turn' stigma from years ago; just like Theeve can't shake their QC rep from years ago - even though both trucks are great in their current stages.

From What I’ve seen from reddit is that a lot of kids get those dwindle completes with the tensor alloy trucks. They break pretty easy, even for beginners and they’re just like fuck tensor

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2020, 07:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

From What I’ve seen from reddit is that a lot of kids get those dwindle completes with the tensor alloy trucks. They break pretty easy, even for beginners and they’re just like fuck tensor

I was on a mission for a specific board today (dimensions, went looking for Girl but no luck) which meant hitting core shops and a mall store (XB 'Xtreme boardshop - skaters work there and they do stock good shit so whatever) anyway they usually have a few boxes of trucks (big ones on the floor behind the counter) and there is always a Tensor Alloy box, and it's ALWAYS low (and yes, they refresh the stock). They sell because they're cheap (and they carry Dwindle boards (no powell shit really there so no ML).

satan

« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2020, 01:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was on a mission for a specific board today (dimensions, went looking for Girl but no luck) which meant hitting core shops and a mall store (XB 'Xtreme boardshop - skaters work there and they do stock good shit so whatever) anyway they usually have a few boxes of trucks (big ones on the floor behind the counter) and there is always a Tensor Alloy box, and it's ALWAYS low (and yes, they refresh the stock). They sell because they're cheap (and they carry Dwindle boards (no powell shit really there so no ML).
https://www.instagram.com/xb_xtremeboardshop/
Sorry for the cyberstalking but holy fuck! That's a horrible name for a shop. Do they have stickers?!?!

I didn't think about younger kids looking down on Tensor too. It's tough to get away from a budget/beginner truck image, shit breaking doesn't help. I know some old dudes still think they don't turn (don't even know about ATG'S) so wouldn't touch them. Lol. What could they do other than rebrand? Maybe pump and dump on the alloy ATG's just to get them out there? Target Venture standard/cast pricing?

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2020, 05:22:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Sorry for the cyberstalking but holy fuck! That's a horrible name for a shop. Do they have stickers?!?!

I didn't think about younger kids looking down on Tensor too. It's tough to get away from a budget/beginner truck image, shit breaking doesn't help. I know some old dudes still think they don't turn (don't even know about ATG'S) so wouldn't touch them. Lol. What could they do other than rebrand? Maybe pump and dump on the alloy ATG's just to get them out there? Target Venture standard/cast pricing?

The funny thing about the alloys is I was curious about them and read the complaints about breaking (never heard the complaints about turning) but figured that since they were only $20 and had a warrantee against breakage, I would give them a shot. They are actually good trucks so far. Turn totally fine, grind fine and they haven’t broken on me. Even if they did break, the warrantee and the $20 price tag makes that not really seem like a big deal.

Marketing wise, maybe going the “beer run trucks” route would get them away from some of the only for beginners trucks image?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:32:03 AM by Sundaynuggets »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2020, 02:48:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No idea, I try and not stay in there too long; it's better than going to Zumiez! Horrible name indeed but they sell shit my core local would NEVER order (Girl/Choco/Dwindle/Primitive/Numbers/Baker) - I only go in there once every 4-6 months or so to sate my 'gotta have it right now' need for whateverthefuck I'm thinking of: yesterday it was a Girl board (walked out with another fucking DBZ pirmitive board FFS but damn it's the sweetest 8.38 ever).

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2020, 09:50:39 PM »
What's the deal with Destructo? I skated a pair when I was around 12, don't remember if they're any good in comparison with Indy (Typically what's ended up on my boards in the past)

I'm interested in them.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 888
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The funny thing about the alloys is I was curious about them and read the complaints about breaking (never heard the complaints about turning) but figured that since they were only $20 and had a warrantee against breakage, I would give them a shot. They are actually good trucks so far. Turn totally fine, grind fine and they haven’t broken on me. Even if they did break, the warrantee and the $20 price tag makes that not really seem like a big deal.

Marketing wise, maybe going the “beer run trucks” route would get them away from some of the only for beginners trucks image?
if i didnt know anything about tensor, it would be impossible to sell me atgs. top of the line "beer run trucks" for $60?no way in hell.

noticed that people dont really ride them outside of a relative few on slap, but kinda forgot about the past stigma. dwindle is fucking blowing it imo. as far as i know, they havent sent atgs to any reputable skate youtuber, let alone a fucking vlogger. if they review em, like them, and share the content, that opens the door for their fanbases to have some interest and gain some popularity. low cost, high potential return. its like they arent even trying here
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2020, 10:40:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
if i didnt know anything about tensor, it would be impossible to sell me atgs. top of the line "beer run trucks" for $60?no way in hell.

noticed that people dont really ride them outside of a relative few on slap, but kinda forgot about the past stigma. dwindle is fucking blowing it imo. as far as i know, they havent sent atgs to any reputable skate youtuber, let alone a fucking vlogger. if they review em, like them, and share the content, that opens the door for their fanbases to have some interest and gain some popularity. low cost, high potential return. its like they arent even trying here

Aside from Roger And slap pals nobody’s really going hard for tensor. Like krux does a better job marketing.

I think slap has always had like a dark horse truck. It was theeve, then ace, then ML for a hot second now tensor

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Aside from Roger And slap pals nobody’s really going hard for tensor. Like krux does a better job marketing.

I think slap has always had like a dark horse truck. It was theeve, then ace, then ML for a hot second now tensor
set up thread love for tensors might be the weakest out of those 4. i really hope dwindle isnt paying their marketing team cause thats highway robbery. tragic cause the atgs have traction here, they can make it in the wild with the right support
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2020, 11:05:38 PM »
Has anyone skated those Industrial trucks on Skate Warehouse? They kinda just look like fake Indys. Sorry if they’ve been mentioned earlier, just read this one and had wondered about them.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2020, 11:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
set up thread love for tensors might be the weakest out of those 4. i really hope dwindle isnt paying their marketing team cause thats highway robbery. tragic cause the atgs have traction here, they can make it in the wild with the right support

Step 1) contact Dwindle
Step 2) get them to send a pair to Ben Degros
Step 3) he reviews them
Step 4) truck nerds on his channel and Slap go crazy and buy Tensor ATG
Step 5) Dwindle suits die in a deluge of money
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2020, 11:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Step 1) contact Dwindle
Step 2) get them to send a pair to Ben Degros
Step 3) he reviews them
Step 4) truck nerds on his channel and Slap go crazy and buy Tensor ATG
Step 5) Dwindle suits die in a deluge of money
ha! if they send me a lifetime of free trucks sure.
if they know anything at all they would be lurking on slap. i doubt it i get compensated for my unthinkable idea

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2020, 01:54:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn’t mean the $60 trucks, I meant the $20 Alloy trucks for beer run trucks!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2020, 06:47:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sad but true with Krux (hell they advertise here FFS)....and yet, they still make shit like this:

Who the fuck is buying these? Manny sure wasn't when he got that 9.0...but let's be real here, how many people know who he is? Does he SELL trucks? Would ANYONE on the Tensor team these days? Song perhaps, if they didn't use 3 wheel mini ramp circus tricks...none of the krux or tensor team are really relevant to today's market, so how do you push without the 'team' marketing? Worrest's part nudged Venture for sure, money well spent. Tensor would need a Nyjah (if they could afford him, hell DLX sure isn't spending the dime since he rides Thunder buy choice).

Bleh, ATGs are fantastic, so are the rest that hold up: Theeve, ML, ACE....Film is probably the new Darkhorse these days...

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2020, 07:14:45 AM »
I rarely use Instagram but I used my account to PM Tensor to send Ben Degros a pair of ATG, send them a PM and let's make Tensor the brand it was always meant to be.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2020, 07:55:58 AM »
I rarely use Instagram but I used my account to PM Tensor to send Ben Degros a pair of ATG, send them a PM and let's make Tensor the brand it was always meant to be.
nice - hope they follow through. I had a contact over there from some previous work relationships and that’s how i got my aluminum atg’s. With the globe purchase and whatever else parent company org I feel like there was a lot going on. Prob caused for some lapse in structure and marketing.

satan

« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No idea, I try and not stay in there too long; it's better than going to Zumiez! Horrible name indeed but they sell shit my core local would NEVER order (Girl/Choco/Dwindle/Primitive/Numbers/Baker) - I only go in there once every 4-6 months or so to sate my 'gotta have it right now' need for whateverthefuck I'm thinking of: yesterday it was a Girl board (walked out with another fucking DBZ pirmitive board FFS but damn it's the sweetest 8.38 ever).
I think it'd be funny to rock an Xtreme Boardshop sticker on my board. It's like a spoof/joke but not. What a crazy world.
I'd be in there checking out Crail, Primitive and Numbers shapes/dimensions too. Are the 8.3 dimensions the same as Primitive's online chart?
See any 8.5-8.75" and notice the dimensions? I've seen the 8.6 Hamilton listed as having a 14" wb.

Didn't Degros already do a Tensor ATG review? I remember in his Grind Kang review he mentions something like the baseplate having the same curved bushing seat as Tensor, no bottom washer. Anyone else too lazy to look on YT?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I think it'd be funny to rock an Xtreme Boardshop sticker on my board. It's like a spoof/joke but not. What a crazy world.
I'd be in there checking out Crail, Primitive and Numbers shapes/dimensions too. Are the 8.3 dimensions the same as Primitive's online chart?
See any 8.5-8.75" and notice the dimensions? I've seen the 8.6 Hamilton listed as having a 14" wb.

Didn't Degros already do a Tensor ATG review? I remember in his Grind Kang review he mentions something like the baseplate having the same curved bushing seat as Tensor, no bottom washer. Anyone else too lazy to look on YT?

Just looked and no dedicated video on Tensors.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m