Author Topic: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition  (Read 69210 times)

Skatebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
Re: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition
« Reply #630 on: October 05, 2020, 05:14:54 AM »
I just grabbed a pair of Film 5.25s as I've wanted to try a set for a while.

I'm very impressed with the build quality and little design details on first unboxing, pretty great for a pair of sub £40 trucks.

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #631 on: October 05, 2020, 11:25:06 AM »

I'm very impressed with the build quality and little design details on first unboxing, pretty great for a pair of sub £40 trucks.

Report back how you like em. I tried then with bones bushings and did not like them that much, too high for me and the trucks got stuck, I assume it was the pivot cup.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #632 on: October 05, 2020, 12:05:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Report back how you like em. I tried then with bones bushings and did not like them that much, too high for me and the trucks got stuck, I assume it was the pivot cup.

Pivot cups sticking were the issue for me. I use shaved down thunder too bushings (stock bottoms) and threw some industrial grease in the pivot cups and I love them now.

alcol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #633 on: October 05, 2020, 02:46:36 PM »
Does anyone have some info on the updated version of krux (k5)?? When are they coming out?
I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne.

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #634 on: February 07, 2021, 10:20:17 PM »
So, here is my unnecessarily lengthy and only occasionally insightful review on the Theeve TiAx 5.5 v3
(I am aware that there is a dedicated Theeve thread somewhere, but I felt it made more sense to revive this one)

First, a little backstory:
About ten months ago, I decided to finally try a different truck brand after riding Indys exclusively for over 16 years. This decision was of course spurred on by the madness I've developed from lurking these boards, but also because of pivot issues I've experienced since Indy moved production to China. I personally have no issue with the move, and I feel like the production quality is overall excellent, if not better than before. However, I keep getting trucks where the pivots themselves are way too thin for the pivot hole. I've tried several different pivot cups, but they would be chewed up within a couple sessions. The only pivot cups that could take the punishment were riptides, but the pivot would still sit as loose as a bowling ball in your grandma's anal cavity. I was also on forged baseplates as I desired a slightly lower setup, but I've realized that I really don't like how they feel, kinda like your grandma with a bowling ball up her ass. I'd had enough.

Why TiAx?:
All versions use the same geometry. The only difference is in materials and weight. TiKING is the lightest alloy truck, but be aware that despite it's name, the v3 versions no longer come with a titanium kingpin, but a hollow steel one. I guess "HoKing" didn't have quite the same ring to it. I decided to go for the TiAx, not for the reduced weight, but because I highly prefer titanium axles. The only reason I would ever retire trucks in the past, was because of chewed up axle threads caused by gnarled axle nuts. I like doing rail flips, ok, fucking sue me.

Size:
Let me begin by saying that I've heard nothing but good things about Theeve as a company. They seem very serious and their customer service has a good reputation from what I hear. That being said, never in their 14 year history have they gotten the sizing of their trucks right.
That is, the actual dimensions are different from what they claim on their website and official listings.
They have always claimed their trucks to be 55mm in height. Before putting them on a deck, I measured them from the bottom of the baseplate to the middle of the axle on both sides, for both trucks, with the kingpin nuts flush. The average height between all four measurements came out to just under 53mm. Most people who have measured their Theeves will say that they are 52mm, and I'd imagine that's pretty accurate for a broken in pair.

As for weight, when I first put one on the scale, it was 333g, which is 54g lighter than a standard Indy 144, and about on par with forged titanium.
But then, much to my surprise, the other truck was only 327g. 6 grams isn't a huge difference (unless you're buying bud), but it sure made me wonder about the source of this discrepancy.

The answer was revealed as soon as I went on to check the axle width. A Theeve 5.5 truck is supposed to have 8.25" axles, and that's exactly what the heavier truck was, right on the money. The slightly lighter truck, however, was only 8.2. I find it very strange that the actual axle width could differentiate between trucks, but I assume this is where those 6 grams went. I obviously use the heavier, wider truck as my front truck, as I usually ride slightly tapered decks. I'm not tripping about this fault, but it sure is curious.

Bushings:
All Theeve trucks come stock with bones hardcore bushings. I have many a time expressed my deep hatred for these fucknuggets of satan, so I'll mostly skip that rant. I do however have a principle of always riding trucks stock for a little while, just to see how it works out. It was spring when I started riding them, so still a bit chilly outside. The bushings actually took a long time to break in (which eliminates their one supposed benefit). This could be due to the temperature, but might also be affected by the fact that Theeve come with standard conical washers, as opposed to the flat bones washers.
After about a dozen sessions of bombing hills and skating flat, they started to soften up But as expected, as soon as it started getting warm-ish outside, they immediately lost all their rebound and crumbled into a millions fragments of fucknugget dust. I promptly switched to krux bushings with one flat washer on top, and that's how they'll stay.

The turn:
While breaking in bushings, I really couldn't get much turn out of them, and was a little worried. However, they completely transformed when broken in. Many people before me have spoken of how magically stable these trucks are on center. I can definitely attest to this, and I think that's why they initially didn't have a deep turn. Once broken in, I kid you not, the turn feels deeper than an Indy and on par with Ace when you properly lean into it. It's a really quick and responsive turn as well, but they're not wobbly on center. You might already know this, but this stability is intentionally built into the truck in the form of oval yokes in the hanger. To put it simply, they allow the hanger to turn at a low angle on shallow turns, but the more you lean, the deeper the angle of the hanger gets. This is off course how the geometry of any truck works, but the oval yoke gives you a more stable starting point, while maintaining a super turny geometry. The result is a truck that feels tech when skating tech, but gladly goes full Jay Adams whenever you decide to. This is a very desirable feature for someone like me who skates mostly tech, but has become dependent on the independent turn (lol).

The grind:
The aluminum alloy that Theeve uses for the hanger is supposedly unique in that it contains a small amount of titanium. Who knows how this actually affects the strength and weight, but I can tell you that the alloy feels pretty hard. I've heard people discribe hard trucks like Venture to have a "tinny" feel, and this kinda makes sense to me. I've never owned Ventures though, so don't quote me on the similarity. The grind feels excellent on coped ledges, and I have thrown them onto some crusty crust as well without issue, but as curb chomper, I probably wouldn't rate them quite as high as Indy or Ace. The alloy seems really durable though, but I guess time will tell.

The pinch:
For some reason,I could never get good pinch on Independent trucks, even though it was all I skated. If I was being honest with myself, I always thought the problem was with my own bitch ass, but I sometimes wondered when seeing little kids on Thunders pinching crooks better than I pinch loaves. It certainly isn't all Indy's fault, but I tell you, my crooked grinds and feebles improved instantly on Theeves. I still struggled sometimes, but it was like I was finally able to correct my shitty technique and see some real improvement. I figured out the pinch for fs crooks as well, which never seemed within reach before.

A side note about pinch: I always thought trucks with a deeper turn would be harder to pinch because of how the hanger goes more inwards before the wheel hits the board. This was my explanation for why Thunders pinch so good. Being a bit lower and not turning so deep, they give you more leeway with the angle and preventing your pinch from slipping out on tricks like crooks and feebles. However, I'm starting to think there's more to it. Theeve, with their oval yoke, turns inwards quite drastically when the wheel hits the deck, but both feebles and crooks are feeling much more secure than they used to on Indy's. I've also had surprisingly good results on Ace, which probably has the deepest turn of any truck.
Maybe it's all about height?

So, in conclusion, should you make the switch?
In my opinion, Theeve is for you if:
* you, like a lot of people these days, for a myriad of different reasons, aren't feeling Indy anymore and are looking for another truck that turns just as well and has similar lightweight options.
* you are on a truck brand that has a shallower turn and bigger wheelbase offset (Venture, Thunder, etc) and are curious to try the opposite, but for some reason not Indy's or Ace.

Theeve is not for you if:
* you are of Japanese descent and therefore will never be able to pronounce 2/3 phonemes necessary to describe the trucks you're packing under your board.

That's about it.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #635 on: February 07, 2021, 10:31:56 PM »
The only pivot cups that could take the punishment were riptides, but the pivot would still sit as loose as a bowling ball in your grandma's anal cavity. I was also on forged baseplates as I desired a slightly lower setup, but I've realized that I really don't like how they feel, kinda like your grandma with a bowling ball up her ass.

+1 for the excellent formatting and mentioning my grandmother's anal cavity.

There are fake Theeve Tiax trucks going around online retailers, they are supposed to be in the 330g range but they are 360 for the 5.2 trucks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #636 on: February 08, 2021, 04:55:33 AM »
Seeing as this has had new posts, I wonder what the percentage is now of people who only ride anything other than Indy, Thunder, Venture and Ace, given they are the top brands and share well over 90% of the market between them.

From a while back it was about 2% to 4% of the market, with Indy alone being over 50% which is amazing to think but if you take a million skaters, there is still a fair number who ride other brands (as well as the huge shift in numbers away from Indy to other brands too).

There are some that I don't really count nowdays, as they were the old early days trucks, even if they have new updated versions including Bennett, Gullwing and Tracker.

Others like modern Z Flex are just copies of others (Indy) and work really well on the cruiser completes that I have, or the more generic brands like Bullet, Mini Logo, and all manner of other brand trucks that come on cheaper completes - nothing wrong with them and they seem like they work for those completes well enough, but I am thinking now about the stand alone "pro quality brands" that have been big, maybe gone, maybe still around, etc.

Destructo was huge in the late 90s and we all had them, but is almost unheard of in Australia nowdays, even though I still have a truck box full of them and some set up on completes that still work well.

Tensor was fairly popular too with the baseplate slider back in the 00s and it seems some people like their newer versions, but I never really had any of my own.

Silver came and almost went.  Good skate tools, ok trucks. 

Crail trucks... next?

Royal - always thought the kingpin stuck up a lot.

Ruckus - still have a set on a Jason Adams rider

Orion - gone, but remind me of old Thunders

Fury - gone, but thick versions of old Indy

Grind King were huge and I have quite a few of those in the truck graveyard too, but I never rode any.

Kreper - Part of Gind King weren't they?

Krux had a few surges with various designs (cow print comes to mind) and I guess is still going strong enough, mostly now on completes that I see, more so than stand alone trucks, but they work fine.

Theeve - maybe the youngest truck brand and one I am familiar with now from working with the man behind the brand, generally speaking they turn, they grind, they last, so a reasonable truck all up.

Others like Film trucks, I have never really seen and don't recall skating, but are there any others on a global level I have missed?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sketchyrider

« Reply #637 on: February 08, 2021, 05:23:59 AM »
seems like the only notable brands these days are indy, thunder, venture, krux and ace roughly in order of market share.

you covered most of the oddballs. i'm not sure how much longer theeve will be sold in the US really, not saying they are bad trucks, just no real presence.

you did forget gullwings and trackers. edit no you didn't. don't blame ya for not including with the others.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #638 on: February 08, 2021, 05:43:25 AM »
So, here is my unnecessarily lengthy and only occasionally insightful review on the Theeve TiAx 5.5 v3
(I am aware that there is a dedicated Theeve thread somewhere, but I felt it made more sense to revive this one)

First, a little backstory:
About ten months ago, I decided to finally try a different truck brand after riding Indys exclusively for over 16 years. This decision was of course spurred on by the madness I've developed from lurking these boards, but also because of pivot issues I've experienced since Indy moved production to China. I personally have no issue with the move, and I feel like the production quality is overall excellent, if not better than before. However, I keep getting trucks where the pivots themselves are way too thin for the pivot hole. I've tried several different pivot cups, but they would be chewed up within a couple sessions. The only pivot cups that could take the punishment were riptides, but the pivot would still sit as loose as a bowling ball in your grandma's anal cavity. I was also on forged baseplates as I desired a slightly lower setup, but I've realized that I really don't like how they feel, kinda like your grandma with a bowling ball up her ass. I'd had enough.

Why TiAx?:
All versions use the same geometry. The only difference is in materials and weight. TiKING is the lightest alloy truck, but be aware that despite it's name, the v3 versions no longer come with a titanium kingpin, but a hollow steel one. I guess "HoKing" didn't have quite the same ring to it. I decided to go for the TiAx, not for the reduced weight, but because I highly prefer titanium axles. The only reason I would ever retire trucks in the past, was because of chewed up axle threads caused by gnarled axle nuts. I like doing rail flips, ok, fucking sue me.

Size:
Let me begin by saying that I've heard nothing but good things about Theeve as a company. They seem very serious and their customer service has a good reputation from what I hear. That being said, never in their 14 year history have they gotten the sizing of their trucks right.
That is, the actual dimensions are different from what they claim on their website and official listings.
They have always claimed their trucks to be 55mm in height. Before putting them on a deck, I measured them from the bottom of the baseplate to the middle of the axle on both sides, for both trucks, with the kingpin nuts flush. The average height between all four measurements came out to just under 53mm. Most people who have measured their Theeves will say that they are 52mm, and I'd imagine that's pretty accurate for a broken in pair.

As for weight, when I first put one on the scale, it was 333g, which is 54g lighter than a standard Indy 144, and about on par with forged titanium.
But then, much to my surprise, the other truck was only 327g. 6 grams isn't a huge difference (unless you're buying bud), but it sure made me wonder about the source of this discrepancy.

The answer was revealed as soon as I went on to check the axle width. A Theeve 5.5 truck is supposed to have 8.25" axles, and that's exactly what the heavier truck was, right on the money. The slightly lighter truck, however, was only 8.2. I find it very strange that the actual axle width could differentiate between trucks, but I assume this is where those 6 grams went. I obviously use the heavier, wider truck as my front truck, as I usually ride slightly tapered decks. I'm not tripping about this fault, but it sure is curious.

Bushings:
All Theeve trucks come stock with bones hardcore bushings. I have many a time expressed my deep hatred for these fucknuggets of satan, so I'll mostly skip that rant. I do however have a principle of always riding trucks stock for a little while, just to see how it works out. It was spring when I started riding them, so still a bit chilly outside. The bushings actually took a long time to break in (which eliminates their one supposed benefit). This could be due to the temperature, but might also be affected by the fact that Theeve come with standard conical washers, as opposed to the flat bones washers.
After about a dozen sessions of bombing hills and skating flat, they started to soften up But as expected, as soon as it started getting warm-ish outside, they immediately lost all their rebound and crumbled into a millions fragments of fucknugget dust. I promptly switched to krux bushings with one flat washer on top, and that's how they'll stay.

The turn:
While breaking in bushings, I really couldn't get much turn out of them, and was a little worried. However, they completely transformed when broken in. Many people before me have spoken of how magically stable these trucks are on center. I can definitely attest to this, and I think that's why they initially didn't have a deep turn. Once broken in, I kid you not, the turn feels deeper than an Indy and on par with Ace when you properly lean into it. It's a really quick and responsive turn as well, but they're not wobbly on center. You might already know this, but this stability is intentionally built into the truck in the form of oval yokes in the hanger. To put it simply, they allow the hanger to turn at a low angle on shallow turns, but the more you lean, the deeper the angle of the hanger gets. This is off course how the geometry of any truck works, but the oval yoke gives you a more stable starting point, while maintaining a super turny geometry. The result is a truck that feels tech when skating tech, but gladly goes full Jay Adams whenever you decide to. This is a very desirable feature for someone like me who skates mostly tech, but has become dependent on the independent turn (lol).

The grind:
The aluminum alloy that Theeve uses for the hanger is supposedly unique in that it contains a small amount of titanium. Who knows how this actually affects the strength and weight, but I can tell you that the alloy feels pretty hard. I've heard people discribe hard trucks like Venture to have a "tinny" feel, and this kinda makes sense to me. I've never owned Ventures though, so don't quote me on the similarity. The grind feels excellent on coped ledges, and I have thrown them onto some crusty crust as well without issue, but as curb chomper, I probably wouldn't rate them quite as high as Indy or Ace. The alloy seems really durable though, but I guess time will tell.

The pinch:
For some reason,I could never get good pinch on Independent trucks, even though it was all I skated. If I was being honest with myself, I always thought the problem was with my own bitch ass, but I sometimes wondered when seeing little kids on Thunders pinching crooks better than I pinch loaves. It certainly isn't all Indy's fault, but I tell you, my crooked grinds and feebles improved instantly on Theeves. I still struggled sometimes, but it was like I was finally able to correct my shitty technique and see some real improvement. I figured out the pinch for fs crooks as well, which never seemed within reach before.

A side note about pinch: I always thought trucks with a deeper turn would be harder to pinch because of how the hanger goes more inwards before the wheel hits the board. This was my explanation for why Thunders pinch so good. Being a bit lower and not turning so deep, they give you more leeway with the angle and preventing your pinch from slipping out on tricks like crooks and feebles. However, I'm starting to think there's more to it. Theeve, with their oval yoke, turns inwards quite drastically when the wheel hits the deck, but both feebles and crooks are feeling much more secure than they used to on Indy's. I've also had surprisingly good results on Ace, which probably has the deepest turn of any truck.
Maybe it's all about height?

So, in conclusion, should you make the switch?
In my opinion, Theeve is for you if:
* you, like a lot of people these days, for a myriad of different reasons, aren't feeling Indy anymore and are looking for another truck that turns just as well and has similar lightweight options.
* you are on a truck brand that has a shallower turn and bigger wheelbase offset (Venture, Thunder, etc) and are curious to try the opposite, but for some reason not Indy's or Ace.

Theeve is not for you if:
* you are of Japanese descent and therefore will never be able to pronounce 2/3 phonemes necessary to describe the trucks you're packing under your board.

That's about it.

Cool, thanks for the review! I have some 5.25’s coming today so I’ll add my .02 when I get a chance to skate them

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #639 on: February 08, 2021, 03:46:00 PM »
Does anyone have some info on the updated version of krux (k5)?? When are they coming out?

I got a set of the K5’s and skated them today. I threw some bones soft bushings in and greased the pivot cups because I didn’t want to wait until they break in to get a sense of if the new geometry turns better or not.

First impressions:

They do turn waaaay better than the K4. These still have a slight delay in turn when compared to Ace/Indy/Thunder, but are closer to Ventures turn imo, or maybe like if Thunder had a couple beers and it’s reaction time was slightly impaired, but still much improved from the comatose reaction time of the K4.

I generally prefer super responsive turns, so I would not ride the K5 tightened at all (I tried and hated it), but unexpectedly I found that I love them when they are wobbly loose. For some reason, wobbly loose the K5 turn nice enough to give a surfy feel, but are still stable enough on center to do flip tricks and to trust my ollies in traffic. When I ride Aces or Indy’s wobbly loose I love the feel but cannot trust the stability enough to  do any tricks at speed. So the K5’s are actually a great wobbly loose truck.

The grind feels great. The metal feels like Thunders to me. I can’t tell if it’s because the metal is similar hardness, or because the grinding surface is smaller, but the grind is smooth.

Pop-wise, I set them up on a medium steep Baker (bbs) deck and they match it very well. They are significantly taller than the Thunder 147’s I had on it previously and the wb is similar I think (I measured these at +3.1) so they pop in a way I like but also feel nice for manuals. Actually, in this aspect they kind of remind me of Tensor mag lites (the tall ones).

Weight wise, they feel very light. I haven’t weighed them but they feel much lighter than Indy standards or Aces. Maybe closer to Thunder hollows but I might be full of shit trying to get that precise with it.

Anyway, to sum, they grind nice, turn well enough and when loosened to wobbly level, have all the nice characteristics of wobbly trucks but are still stable enough to do stuff on.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:19:34 PM by Sundaynuggets »

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #640 on: February 12, 2021, 11:51:41 AM »
Hey there.
Today i came across those Film Trucks and now I'm thinking about trying a pair.
But i can't find the offical measurements anywhere besides the axle width. Seems like they have no homepage..
All i found was measurements from this Skateshop.
https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/film-5-5-truck-silver-2-pack_p133690
Can anyone confirm these numbers or are they wrong.
This shop is all over the place with measurements, at least when it comes to decks.
Any info would be much appreciated !
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2021, 02:07:53 PM »
Don't bother - tried all the cheaper trucks from Film, Royal and Krux etc and they're all average or below and don't turn as nice compared to Thunder, Indy and Ace. Thunders grind the best hands down and Indys last the longest.

For those of you that experience your kingpin nut catching on feebles and smith grinds - you can try installing a downlow / inverted kingpin if your trucks don't have that but personally I found it annoying because if you need to take your hanger off you'll need to take the whole truck off the deck unless you glue the bolt in so it doesn't move.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #642 on: February 14, 2021, 10:37:54 AM »
Whats the Krux K5 baseplate situation? I've only ever done noseslides on Indys and I'm spooked about the wheels touching
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #643 on: February 14, 2021, 11:17:07 AM »
Whats the Krux K5 baseplate situation? I've only ever done noseslides on Indys and I'm spooked about the wheels touching

I haven’t paid a lot of attention, but the front of my baseplate is getting scraped up from nose slides and it looks like they stand out slightly further than my wheels

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #644 on: March 01, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
Been swapping trucks back and forth, trying to stay on each for a week or so (multiple sessions per week, if not everyday) and I've just started selling everything off (Theeve and Venture so far, with some [new] on ice 148 Ti Indy and 148 thunder hollow lites up next...pm if interested)...I just can't get used to anything but the ATGs these days.

The turn is just so good with bones softs (no washers) and the grind of the mags is usually twice as far, even if you are only going half as fast...but with the same amount of speed needed for regular trucks to get as far as a slow maglite grind it's crazy effortless. I've resorted to smaller wheels (51 or 50) to compensate for the taller 55mm ATGs verses everything else.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #645 on: March 01, 2021, 07:19:01 PM »
Hey there.
But i can't find the offical measurements anywhere besides the axle width. Seems like they have no homepage..
This shop is all over the place with measurements, at least when it comes to decks.
https://www.vhsmag.com/products/film-trucks/
Still has their size chart up there if you scroll down a bit. I only really needed to know the axel width, other dimensions may be a bit of mystery ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Roger__Kook

• Rep: 5
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »
Hey there.
Here ya go:

Film trucks are great, been running them for about six months and have no complaints.

vicious cycle

« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2021, 02:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey there.
[close]
Here ya go:

Film trucks are great, been running them for about six months and have no complaints.
Thanks.
I was looking for the height.
The shopside said 52,5.
They sell them as mid trucks.
But in reality they are 55mm (ground to middle of the axle)
I set them up on a cruiser now to break in the bushings. Will see how they perform but i think they are a bit to high for me.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2021, 08:09:53 PM »
Watching all of the videos put out by Film trucks and Film team riders, I’m convinced they must be hard to snap a nice ollie with because of all of the slappies and powersliding around outweighing the amount of actual popped tricks  :-\

vicious cycle

« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2021, 12:38:37 PM »
Watching all of the videos put out by Film trucks and Film team riders, I’m convinced they must be hard to snap a nice ollie with because of all of the slappies and powersliding around outweighing the amount of actual popped tricks  :-\
Had my first cruise on them today.
They honesly feel very nice. I swapped the bushings with some indy conicals. The black ones, 94A.
They turn nice and smooth. Not much different to my Indys with bones hard bushings. Ollies feel fine.
Would buy them again.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #650 on: March 03, 2021, 01:51:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey there.
[close]
Here ya go:

[close]
Thanks.
I was looking for the height.
The shopside said 52,5.
They sell them as mid trucks.
But in reality they are 55mm (ground to middle of the axle)
I set them up on a cruiser now to break in the bushings. Will see how they perform but i think they are a bit to high for me.
Can't understand they have a truck smaller than fucking 7" and they don't have an 8.5
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #651 on: March 03, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
Is Eurotings Film’s only US distribution?

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #652 on: March 04, 2021, 02:56:54 AM »
Is Eurotings Film’s only US distribution?

That’s the only place I’ve seen them in the US. I got a pair a couple years ago from them but it seems like they have been out of stock for a while. Seems like some UK shops have them but they would be $80-90 or so after shipping which is a bit much

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #653 on: April 11, 2021, 03:50:10 PM »
Resurrecting this to let everyone know that the wonderful Library skate shop now has film trucks in stock. I don't know how many sets he got so these might go quick but for all the USA pals out there who want to try Films out, here's your chance.

https://libraryskateshop.com/collections/trucks

As I've mentioned many times the owner (Damon) is one of the absolute best people in skateboarding and is always adding cool shit to his inventory. Hes very good about responding to email and DMs if you have any questions and shipping is cheap and very fast if you're in the northeast/Mid-Atlantic states.

Eurotings has them in stock again too if you're out west.

Sundaynuggets

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #655 on: April 12, 2021, 08:22:47 AM »
Anyone know what modern bushing fits old  trackers and won't eff up the like 90° pivot area

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #656 on: April 12, 2021, 08:58:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pivot cups sticking were the issue for me. I use shaved down thunder too bushings (stock bottoms) and threw some industrial grease in the pivot cups and I love them now.

Pivot cups prob here too. ACE riptide pivot cups are the hack. Love the FILMS. So good. The 6.0 are closer to 8.625, FYI.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #657 on: April 22, 2021, 04:16:01 AM »
Stoked on Films, but enjoying the Ace turn too much right now. If they could hang with Ace in the turn department I think I would make the switch. The problem is I have way too much trucks already. Why is it so hard to just stay on one setup and get good at it? I'm even sometimes looking at Indy 144's.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #658 on: April 22, 2021, 04:50:28 AM »
Stoked on Films, but enjoying the Ace turn too much right now. If they could hang with Ace in the turn department I think I would make the switch. The problem is I have way too much trucks already. Why is it so hard to just stay on one setup and get good at it? I'm even sometimes looking at Indy 144's.

I'm fighting the same feeling now. Just think about how beautiful it will be to have a set of trucks ground all the way down and destroyed so you can hold through the madness

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #659 on: April 22, 2021, 05:58:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm fighting the same feeling now. Just think about how beautiful it will be to have a set of trucks ground all the way down and destroyed so you can hold through the madness

Few things look cooler than a set of nearly-destroyed trucks on a fresh board. I know this urge too but I can only skate one set of trucks at a time (admittedly I CURRENTLY have two setups though). I will probably ride these new AF1s for years.
ok thanks