Author Topic: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition  (Read 69206 times)

animalflesh

Re: Truck set ups, less popular brands edition
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2019, 04:32:21 PM »
I honestly rode gull wing pro 3 with the bushings shaved down for like 2 years...

Deep ass turn and the feeling of clicking clacking over that weird groove when you lock into a grind is amazing

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am unironically tensor or die atm. ATGs are the best trucks I've ridden
[close]

What do you like about them compared to other brands you have used?
[close]

- I don't get sloppy bolt holes since the baseplate has little nubs that stop the baseplate shifting during slides
-  The baseplate sticks out enough that slides don't jam like thunders
- The bushings that come stock don't need any break in and skate better than bones or anything else imo
- The turning to me is only 2nd to ace, and even then I prefer this since setting up for certain flip tricks where my feet are close together is easier cause there's more stability
- The trucks are really stable when setting up for flip tricks at speed, manualing, etc.
- The kingpin doesn't catch on smith/feeble variations
- The wheelbase is a happy medium between thunder and indy

It solves all the obvious problems most trucks have without compromising anything for me
[close]

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to list all that. That’s exactly the info I’m interested in!
[close]

Jesus Christ, I was just started to feel fully happy with my Thunders. Why do I click on these threads??

You and me too, I'm loving Thunders but I'm sticking on a lot of slides even after waxing the top and side of the ledge. I got a pair of Mag Lights and Ventures coming now I'm feeling so conflicted.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

texasplant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »
Bloody hell, I just settled back on Indys after a year of truck madness. Click this for a laugh, BUY TENSORS. Very very tempted.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2019, 05:02:51 PM »
Bloody hell, I just settled back on Indys after a year of truck madness. Click this for a laugh, BUY TENSORS. Very very tempted.

This thread is quickly becoming a Tensor circlejerk. I'm getting a pair out of nostalgia; did my first noseslide on a pair of Tensors with the plastic slide piece. The new ones look like a proper truck and are super light. If they ride the same as Thunders while having a better slide, then sign me the fuck up!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2019, 05:13:17 PM »
If I hate thunders, will I hate these? Or are they just different enough. I definitely prefer Ace and Indy.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »
If I hate thunders, will I hate these? Or are they just different enough. I definitely prefer Ace and Indy.
I hate Thunder, I love my ATG
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Slayer666

• Rep: -30
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2019, 05:40:07 PM »
I’m gay

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2019, 06:08:00 PM »
I like my atg

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
I’m gay
oh, hey. did you forget the password to your other account? i'm sure one of the admins can help out

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2019, 06:59:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Trucks in my quiver (along side ACE and Venture right now):

Mini Logo 8.37s - Skate like the Indy/Theeve/ACE camp, i.e., carvey. They're light, stable, turn very nicely, nice pop (low truck at 49mm) and grind great. Terribly underrated because Mini Logo. At $4 cheaper than say, a Thunder Standard the savings isn't really that great. I bought them just to check them out and was pretty blown away. A bit too low for my tastes and I'd rather not mess around with risers. Stock bushings are pretty hard (white) need the soft greens if you like to turn. I modded mine with a krux kingpin and ACE tall bottoms and low top bushings. Note: they pull in the wheelbase.

Theeve TiKing - Theeve were created to make a better build quality Indy (axle slippage) and probably to lessen import cost for those down under). Theeve was born around Indy Stage X (the stage that didn't turn); the prototypes ran on ACE baseplates to give you an idea of how they wanted them to turn. They're a quicker turning (oval yoke) more stable Indy. Theeve also kicked off the whole Titanium trend with the TiAX. Stock bushings are no longer bones but the theeve branded hardcore bushings (that are hard as fuck, I ride them with bones). Note: they pull in the wheelbase tighter than ACE.

Tensor ATGs - Carvey Thunders without wheelbite, and with an extended baseplate for those that tail/nose slide and have issues on Thunders  ::). The mag-lites grind for days and are ridiculously light. Pop is great, turn is great (after you put in some Bones bushings as the stock are too hard for me). Note: they push out the WB probably around the same length as Thunders.

I'm really kind of hooked on the ATGs....they work everywhere and outside of some softer bushings there is nothing to fuckswith.
[close]

In terms of a quicker and deeper turn, would you give the edge to Theeve or Tensor?

Tensor are for sure quicker to respond and waaaaaay easier to get loose (and without wobble); tie for deep turn?

Perhaps a slight edge to theeve in terms of overall carve progression as they are like Indys, i.e., a slow arc (but faster than Indy) so they are perhaps a bit smoother compared to Tensor (or even ACE); both ACE and Tensor just get right into that turn, no waiting.

I actually have to tighten down the Tensors a bit more with bones softs than I do with Theeve or Indy as they are super quick (I should probably go for medium bottoms/soft tops).

Honestly it's like switching from Indy to Thunder slow versus twitchy (but the tensors are a smoother twitchy) and I'd always opt for Theeve over Indy....

It comes down to quirks (slow carve, twitchy, pop this, pop that, re-center, stability, etc)...and I haven't found one with Tensors yet they just kind of work without have to put thought into them....which is a bit baffling because of the madness and well, because their Tensors :P

Depends on what you have about Thunders? For me it's wheelbite (even with the damn teamplates) and I do get stuck on slides but I blame me not the truck :P

I'm ACE/Theeve/Thunder all day - I wrote off Indy months ago and haven't madnessed back to them because of the Tensors...I did try some ventures again and gave them a good amount of run time, they work just fine but haven't convinced me to stay with them as I am convinced they are not to be ridden loosely.

IF anything, I wish the Tensors were closer in height to the others (as in not 55mm tall); it hasn't bothered me but I can feel it, especially when riding my ventures on the same deck/52mm wheels. HOWEVER, I'm moving up to 54mm for more speed and bigger ollies+short tail so they're work fine.

Expand Quote
[close]

This thread is quickly becoming a Tensor circlejerk. I'm getting a pair out of nostalgia; did my first noseslide on a pair of Tensors with the plastic slide piece. The new ones look like a proper truck and are super light. If they ride the same as Thunders while having a better slide, then sign me the fuck up!

Did you get the lows or the Ubers with the slider? These ATGs are nothing like the old ones (having ridden a pair of the sliders+Darkstar wheels on a Zero board :P - how I remember that shit I don't know, there must have been something about that setup...)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 07:09:40 PM by Xen »

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
Anyone seen the Tri-Star trucks that Vision is/was doing? Think they were selling them before Tracker moved ever there. Now it looks like they're killing the brand and scrubbing it from their site.
159mm look like a Stage X hanger with the small yoke/bushing cavity thingy. Smaller sizes have a wider yoke that kinda looks Thunder/Venture to me. Hanger has an Ace/old Indy look.

http://www.selectsk8.com/tristar-trucks links are dead..

https://selectskateshop.com/collections/trucks links here..
They also got Tracker..
I checked out some Axis and Dart recently. I doubt anyone wants to switch to Tracker but the Axis didn't look too bad. Dart comes in 9" and 10" sizes. Only 10" truck out right now? Besides full on longboarder/cruiser crap?
Axis appeared to copy Indy geometry but pushed the axles out a tiny bit. Fairly light for solid axle, the baseplate is hollowed out.. Casting quality looked great, axles actually looked nicer than Ermico/Indy stuff (better finish), made in USA, kinda overpriced for solid axle..
Did Dorfman buy Tracker? Or did Pure/Tracker give up on distro?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 07:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Tensor ATGs - Carvey Thunders without wheelbite, and with an extended baseplate for those that tail/nose slide and have issues on Thunders  ::). The mag-lites grind for days and are ridiculously light. Pop is great, turn is great (after you put in some Bones bushings as the stock are too hard for me). Note: they push out the WB probably around the same length as Thunders.

[close]

How is the grind on metal coping compared to ACE?  I love me some ACE at the park - they grind faster than Indy. I thought I saw someone say that the mag-lights are super fast on crud and not-so-much on metal.

P sure you're referring to me. It seems like they grind fine on most metals just like your normal aluminium truck. But there's this one curb coped with metal that I sometimes skate, and it was seriously sticking on that when normal trucks grind through it like a perfect skatepark ledge. Unfortunately I'm not sure what kind of metal it is, but doesn't seem like something most ledges are made of. The real difference is on really chunky concrete, especially when its not heavily waxed where you'd struggle a bit with normal trucks, the mags make it so much easier to power through (at the expense of it grinding down way quicker).

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am unironically tensor or die atm. ATGs are the best trucks I've ridden
[close]

What do you like about them compared to other brands you have used?
[close]

- I don't get sloppy bolt holes since the baseplate has little nubs that stop the baseplate shifting during slides
-  The baseplate sticks out enough that slides don't jam like thunders
- The bushings that come stock don't need any break in and skate better than bones or anything else imo
- The turning to me is only 2nd to ace, and even then I prefer this since setting up for certain flip tricks where my feet are close together is easier cause there's more stability
- The trucks are really stable when setting up for flip tricks at speed, manualing, etc.
- The kingpin doesn't catch on smith/feeble variations
- The wheelbase is a happy medium between thunder and indy

It solves all the obvious problems most trucks have without compromising anything for me
[close]

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to list all that. That’s exactly the info I’m interested in!
[close]

Jesus Christ, I was just started to feel fully happy with my Thunders. Why do I click on these threads??

If you want some reasons to not switch it up, they grind down way quicker, I got a tiny hairline crack on the baseplate near the pivot cup from doing slappies on the first week (doesn't affect anything though), and coming from Thunders they might feel a little bit tippy due to the increased height if you're used to trucks lower than 55mm. Though if you like Thunders, but want a bit less wheelbite/twitchyness, more baseplate contact on slides, don't mind the added height, and aren't very hard on your trucks then these might be right up your alley.

I definitely agree with most, if not all, of the tensor praise in this thread. Wrote a pretty lengthy review of them in the truck thread myself not long ago. I think for many people it really could be the perfect truck. I love how light they are, they turn way better than my Ventures and grind so good on concrete. They definitely have a place in my collection, but the added height relative to what I'm used to leads to an ever so slightly tippy feeling and I do have some concerns over the durability so they're be my go to truck. Also aesthetically they're just a bit weird despite the rather nice looking hanger. The matte finish just throws me off, especially when my Venture Tis with the gold anodized baseplates just look so much better when set up.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 07:55:03 PM by tzhangdox »

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 07:47:01 PM »
I have tried tensor, avenue and royal. The tensor and royal didn't really do anything for me, except for the unfortunate kingpin break on the royals which was awful. The avenue trucks were okay but when the novelty wore off, the boardfeel was unnatural too smooth and the trucks were too loose. I tried cranking them down and the kingpin broke.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
Anyone seen the Tri-Star trucks that Vision is/was doing? Think they were selling them before Tracker moved ever there. Now it looks like they're killing the brand and scrubbing it from their site.
159mm look like a Stage X hanger with the small yoke/bushing cavity thingy. Smaller sizes have a wider yoke that kinda looks Thunder/Venture to me. Hanger has an Ace/old Indy look.

http://www.selectsk8.com/tristar-trucks links are dead..

https://selectskateshop.com/collections/trucks links here..
They also got Tracker..
I checked out some Axis and Dart recently. I doubt anyone wants to switch to Tracker but the Axis didn't look too bad. Dart comes in 9" and 10" sizes. Only 10" truck out right now? Besides full on longboarder/cruiser crap?
Axis appeared to copy Indy geometry but pushed the axles out a tiny bit. Fairly light for solid axle, the baseplate is hollowed out.. Casting quality looked great, axles actually looked nicer than Ermico/Indy stuff (better finish), made in USA, kinda overpriced for solid axle..
Did Dorfman buy Tracker? Or did Pure/Tracker give up on distro?

I have a pair of tristars on my cruiser. Won them on instagram. I'll post pics if you want. They are just fake Indys. Nothing special, nothing bad either.

satan

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 08:10:40 PM »
I'm curious enough about them to wanna check out pics, especially a side view of the geometry, but I doubt I'd get them.

My list of non-Indy maybe's goes Tensor ATG mag, Film, Ace
I thought I'd read than ATG wheelbase was between Indy and Thunder??
Film/Cliche guy said said Film is between Indy and Thunder. Man, can't remember his name rn..
Both have interlocking bushings. I guessing both where designed by the same guy and made at the same factory. Might have similar geo..
Anyone compared ATG to Film?

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »
I mentioned this a bit on the normal trucks thread but figured I would expand a bit more here on the Krux I got.

Krux 8.5 and were a weird color so I sanded the worst of it off. Otherwise, I like the way they look.

Turning on these was awful. Lately I ride my rear truck just shy of wobbly loose and my front truck wobbly loose which requires shaving down my top bushings, so it was no surprise that I couldn’t get these wobbly loose right off the bat. I was able to get them super loose, but the weird thing was no matter how loose they got, they would fully tilt without immediately turning. There was a significant delay before they would turn and when they would turn, the arc was much slighter than other trucks I’ve tried. This was the first pair of trucks I’ve had that felt like that and it was a pretty odd sensation.

I threw some Indy baseplates on the Krux and the turn improved drastically. Now they turn pretty close to how Indy’s turn, just a little less responsively with a slightly more stable feeling.

Unmodified, the trucks seem a hair taller than Indy’s, and modified they seem maybe a hair taller than that. Wheelbase wise, they seem about the same as Indy’s too, though I haven’t measured any of these things beyond eyeballing it.

Modified, they weigh 369 grams which is two grams less than the Indy 149 hollows I have. Unmodified, I think they would probably weigh slightly less.

They grind great on granite and concrete. Haven’t tried metal but grind wise they feel like Thunders. Maybe because of the relatively leaner shape of the hanger, compared to how much meat is on Indy’s.

Overall, I like everything about these trucks except the turn. Modified with different baseplates (probably similar with any other baseplates as Krux are the only ones I’ve seen with such a low peak point, or whatever you call the part that the kingpin comes out of, on the baseplate) they are awesome in every way.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2019, 08:36:27 PM »
I've been destructo loyal for the past 4 years. I've been riding the D1 mid magnesium since January.

I ride them with bones hard bushings. I use to ride mediums, but I feel like the hard bushing make me snap back into place and give a much more noticeable pinch. I ride on the loose end. I didn't ride the stock bushings long. I personally find them surfy.

I think the first noticeable thing about destructo is that kingpin clearance. That shit doesn't touch and they didn't have to invert it to do it. Also it's a "mid" but its on the taller side.

The hanger geometry isn't as cool as Tensor or ACE (Ace is just an attractive truck) but the baseplate is rounded and it doesn't extend past the wheels.

unlike the tensors only the baseplate is magnesium. I actually broke one a few months ago but they replaced it for free. Still I feel like they wear out before I grind down to the axle.

overall, light, responsive, but mostly I just ride them because that's what I rode in highschool. I've been wanting to try the tensor mag lites, but I'm still stoked on destructo atm

Diocletian

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 08:47:35 PM »
In response to Xen: I’m basically looking for the closest thing to Ace that’s not Ace. China Indy’s seem to be a Stage 12 in a sense but alternative trucks get my truck madness boner going. I tried out some 161 Thunders and like you, even with cast plates and Thunder risers it’s wheelbite city. So between Theeve and Tensor ATG’s, which would you say is the closest to Ace? Thanks for your detailed info so far man.

satan

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2019, 08:58:36 PM »
In response to Xen: I’m basically looking for the closest thing to Ace that’s not Ace. China Indy’s seem to be a Stage 12 in a sense but alternative trucks get my truck madness boner going. I tried out some 161 Thunders and like you, even with cast plates and Thunder risers it’s wheelbite city. So between Theeve and Tensor ATG’s, which would you say is the closest to Ace? Thanks for your detailed info so far man.
Huh what?
How are they different?
And weren't the Ti hangers made in China from the beginning? And Stage 11 forged base plates?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2019, 09:01:01 PM »

I'm not Xen lol but I think the fact that Tensors stretch out the wheelbase so much more than Aces make them not that similar to Ace, so I'd probably guess Theeves? I do feel a hint of Ace in the way the Tensors turn. Though a less twitchy, slightly surfier Thunder is probably the way I'd best describe it.

I'm curious enough about them to wanna check out pics, especially a side view of the geometry, but I doubt I'd get them.

Film/Cliche guy said said Film is between Indy and Thunder. Man, can't remember his name rn..
Both have interlocking bushings. I guessing both where designed by the same guy and made at the same factory. Might have similar geo..

This doesn't answer your question and I haven't had a set of Thunders in a while so can't compare exactly but I'm pretty sure that Tensor ATGs are somewhat far from Indys and much closer to the Thunder end of the spectrum (maybe even the same as Thunders). Someone with all three should check though.

Spankthemonkey

• Rep: -48
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2019, 10:02:36 PM »
When the water warm jump in nobody eases in the bowl. Do you want try to pump and kickturn or wait for the kooks to leave.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2019, 10:33:18 PM »
I've been destructo loyal for the past 4 years. I've been riding the D1 mid magnesium since January.

I ride them with bones hard bushings. I use to ride mediums, but I feel like the hard bushing make me snap back into place and give a much more noticeable pinch. I ride on the loose end. I didn't ride the stock bushings long. I personally find them surfy.

I think the first noticeable thing about destructo is that kingpin clearance. That shit doesn't touch and they didn't have to invert it to do it. Also it's a "mid" but its on the taller side.

The hanger geometry isn't as cool as Tensor or ACE (Ace is just an attractive truck) but the baseplate is rounded and it doesn't extend past the wheels.

unlike the tensors only the baseplate is magnesium. I actually broke one a few months ago but they replaced it for free. Still I feel like they wear out before I grind down to the axle.

overall, light, responsive, but mostly I just ride them because that's what I rode in highschool. I've been wanting to try the tensor mag lites, but I'm still stoked on destructo atm

Aesthetically D1s are some of my favorite trucks, but I'm weary to try them since some people have kingpin issues and other love them.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2019, 11:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not Xen lol but I think the fact that Tensors stretch out the wheelbase so much more than Aces make them not that similar to Ace, so I'd probably guess Theeves? I do feel a hint of Ace in the way the Tensors turn. Though a less twitchy, slightly surfier Thunder is probably the way I'd best describe it.

Expand Quote

[close]

This doesn't answer your question and I haven't had a set of Thunders in a while so can't compare exactly but I'm pretty sure that Tensor ATGs are somewhat far from Indys and much closer to the Thunder end of the spectrum (maybe even the same as Thunders). Someone with all three should check though.

Theeve is def closest to ACE but still more like Indy as they are not as 'squirrly' as ACE but are more stable and more responsive than Indy. tzhangdox is probably the only other person on the forum that feels about them the way I do: surfy thunders without the wheelbite.

Tensors do push out the WB, no thunders on hand anymore but on the same deck, Tensors are a few mm shorter/pulling in than Ventures. I'm riding them on an 8.28 Anti Hero with a 14.1" WB - my logic is they are only pushing it out a bit, closer to a true 8.25" WB or so.

Nothing feel like ACE, I love the way ACE feel in bowls (but hate the QC and weight), Indy, too slow, thunder too much wheelbite, Theeve, can never get them loose enough without ruining their stability (I've always said if you dislike Indy's slow carve, get aces if you ride loose and Theeve if you ride tight).

The Tensors are not perfect (honestly height being my only issue with them and I would rather a hollow aluminum over mag for longevity) but they aren't causing me any 'madness' so it's what I'm riding for now ;)

Sorry for the image size...I took this when I first got them and felt the Thunder vibe (other truck are 148ti teams). It's not identical but you can see the similarities between them (angle and push/tilt).

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2019, 03:37:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Huh what?
How are they different?
And weren't the Ti hangers made in China from the beginning? And Stage 11 forged base plates?

Yup, forged plates were always done overseas. They never had that setup at Ermico. Same with Thunder and Venture forged plates.

As for the "soft" stage XII thing. Personal opinion, I'm going to disagree. Unless you're counting the fact the urethane components are different (definitely better) and the aluminum texturing (more refined) is slightly different. The height, width, meat on the hanger, and yoke, are completely the same, you could interchange the hangers and plates. If you upgrade the pivot cups and bushings on a USA stage XI, it's going to be almost impossible to tell them apart. If you look at the difference between stage VII and VIII you have a massive cosmetic overhaul, or stage X and stage XI which have the difference between not turning and turning fantastically. There's no such difference between a USA and China made stage XI. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 03:39:33 AM by palelight »

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
I m really thinking about getting krux because of nostalgia. When I first started I used them, liked them then got another pair. After that I got my first Indys and then Indys ever since.

I have read so much bad things about them not turning (as Sundaynuggets posted above) that I´m kind of afraid it will be just a waste of money....

However, I mainly skate flat and ledges, so maybe its not that important. Still don´t want to tic tac around haha

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2019, 07:09:25 AM »
I m really thinking about getting krux because of nostalgia. When I first started I used them, liked them then got another pair. After that I got my first Indys and then Indys ever since.

I have read so much bad things about them not turning (as Sundaynuggets posted above) that I´m kind of afraid it will be just a waste of money....

However, I mainly skate flat and ledges, so maybe its not that important. Still don´t want to tic tac around haha
They turn just fine, I like mine a lot after years of skating nothing but Indy's.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2019, 07:24:20 AM »

Aesthetically D1s are some of my favorite trucks, but I'm weary to try them since some people have kingpin issues and other love them.

What kingpin problem?

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2019, 09:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What kingpin problem?

Some people on here tried them out and the kingpins got loose real quick. Could just be bad luck and a QC thing to be fair. I'm also not in desperate need of trucks atm so I'm not rushed to get a pair.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2019, 10:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What kingpin problem?
[close]

Some people on here tried them out and the kingpins got loose real quick. Could just be bad luck and a QC thing to be fair. I'm also not in desperate need of trucks atm so I'm not rushed to get a pair.

not a problem with my current set

darkelfdruid

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »
I honestly rode gull wing pro 3 with the bushings shaved down for like 2 years...

Deep ass turn and the feeling of clicking clacking over that weird groove when you lock into a grind is amazing
Did you ever find the groove to mess you up ahaha I'm interested in these do they only come in 9.0? in some places they are listed as 8.75