Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 369148 times)

venture5.8 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

LebowskisRug

Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #2580 on: March 19, 2022, 07:38:34 AM »
To be fair the pop feel between Indy Standardsand Venture cast is pretty close to me, Venture being a bit heavier. Turn obviously different but maybe if you rode fairly loose or tight it’s close enough?

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #2581 on: March 19, 2022, 08:50:02 AM »
Does anyone know the wheelbase difference between venture lo and hi?

My forged lo's and hi's are both +3.4375".

Banned from the room

« Reply #2582 on: March 19, 2022, 07:46:00 PM »
I just noticed Lil Wayne rides ventures. That shit is sick.

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2583 on: March 20, 2022, 01:12:01 PM »
Guy that pops the least uses trucks that pop the most

Makes sense

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2584 on: March 20, 2022, 02:53:43 PM »
Guy that pops the least uses trucks that pop the most

Makes sense

So on a completely related note. I’ll probably set up a board with ventures this week. Ha.

Maxi205

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2585 on: March 21, 2022, 11:13:23 AM »
How do you modify your Ventures to get the best turn out of them? I read that some people swear on indy aftermarket bushings in Ventures others say that they turn best when using a flat top washer. I like my trucks to be quite loose and I‘m built like a greyhound weighing only 135 pounds what truck setup/bushing combo would you suggest to me.

*I tried them stock and did not like the turn at all the bushings seemed way to hard coming from ace af1

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #2586 on: March 21, 2022, 11:16:39 AM »
How do you modify your Ventures to get the best turn out of them? I read that some people swear on indy aftermarket bushings in Ventures others say that they turn best when using a flat top washer. I like my trucks to be quite loose and I‘m built like a greyhound weighing only 135 pounds what truck setup/bushing combo would you suggest to me.

Flat top washer and stock bushings should suffice. If still too tight, then try some softer bushings that are the same shape (indy aftermarkets), the stock venture ones are 90a fyi.

Maxi205

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2587 on: March 21, 2022, 11:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Flat top washer and stock bushings should suffice. If still too tight, then try some softer bushings that are the same shape (indy aftermarkets), the stock venture ones are 90a fyi.

Thanks I will try it, do you get just regular flat washers from the hardware store ?

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #2588 on: March 21, 2022, 03:02:07 PM »
Just watched some Adrian Del campo Clips and wondered if he skates 8.0 or 8.25 decks? He often skates his own models but they come in both widths

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2589 on: March 21, 2022, 03:35:55 PM »
A lot of pros skate their preferred shape with any graphic, you can't tell from board graphic alone.

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2590 on: March 21, 2022, 06:07:28 PM »
All I can say to this is:

Venture v hollows and magenta 8.0 deck manuals suck. I don’t know if it’s the tail length (8.4) or me , cause it’s the first deck I ride on ventures. Maybe I only need to get used to it. Nose manuals are great though

Banned from the room

« Reply #2591 on: March 21, 2022, 06:50:17 PM »

Venture v hollows and magenta 8.0 deck manuals suck. I don’t know if it’s the tail length (8.4) or me , cause it’s the first deck I ride on ventures. Maybe I only need to get used to it. Nose manuals are great though

It’s probably a K shape. I like the combination but I (8.25) can see how someone might not. I prefer cast trucks on a k shape

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2592 on: March 22, 2022, 02:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s probably a K shape. I like the combination but I (8.25) can see how someone might not. I prefer cast trucks on a k shape

K shape? Never heard before!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2593 on: March 22, 2022, 07:09:10 AM »
Magenta are BBS. It’s a pretty generic shape used by many brands. K refers to Clutch I think and Magenta are not Clutch.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -321
« Reply #2594 on: March 22, 2022, 08:07:05 AM »
Are the manuals easy to hold with the FA 8.18 setup? I had a WKND board 8.25 VA with v-hollows and 52mm wheels and manuals were insanely good. (I also like how WKND has exact dimensions of their boards on their website. I think primitive and crailtap does this too.)

I've got Venture v-hollows on my Quasi 8.125 x 14.125. Had standard Venture highs on my FA 8.18 (I forget the WB, gasp!). I run the stock bushings (gasp!) and stock tightness (also gasp!). Both manualed the same. You're better off just practicing manuals.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2595 on: March 22, 2022, 03:49:53 PM »

Expand Quote
Are the manuals easy to hold with the FA 8.18 setup? I had a WKND board 8.25 VA with v-hollows and 52mm wheels and manuals were insanely good. (I also like how WKND has exact dimensions of their boards on their website. I think primitive and crailtap does this too.)
[close]

I've got Venture v-hollows on my Quasi 8.125 x 14.125. Had standard Venture highs on my FA 8.18 (I forget the WB, gasp!). I run the stock bushings (gasp!) and stock tightness (also gasp!). Both manualed the same. You're better off just practicing manuals.

Yes, it is definitely a different point than Indy, Thunder or Ace.  Having all of those and Ventures on various setups, it is such a different and sometimes weird feeling with the same deck on different trucks, as each will have a different manual / pivot point, so Ventures will feel the heaviest to lift after Thunder, then Indy and then Ace are the lightest, with the shortest wheelbase.

Once you are used to it, it is not a problem.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2596 on: March 22, 2022, 06:24:12 PM »
What helps me with manuals on ventures is you can be toe heavy on a nose manual or heel heavy on a manual and you don’t wheelbite and the play back and forth is forgiving. 

SlapMcKracken

« Reply #2597 on: March 22, 2022, 11:14:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes, it is definitely a different point than Indy, Thunder or Ace.  Having all of those and Ventures on various setups, it is such a different and sometimes weird feeling with the same deck on different trucks, as each will have a different manual / pivot point, so Ventures will feel the heaviest to lift after Thunder, then Indy and then Ace are the lightest, with the shortest wheelbase.

Once you are used to it, it is not a problem.

I really hope I will get used to it. Manualing around for two weeks at home sometimes , cause that’s the only thing I can do with my injury right now, and it’s still strange how it feels.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2598 on: March 25, 2022, 12:07:07 PM »
Venture 2023

Always one step ahead

Banned from the room

« Reply #2599 on: March 25, 2022, 07:37:07 PM »
Magenta are BBS. It’s a pretty generic shape used by many brands. K refers to Clutch I think and Magenta are not Clutch.

I figured all toa was clutch. K shape and the basic bbs shape are pretty much the same board.

I think I might have convinced someone to switch trucks again today.

If I had one more set I’d hook him up. Probably just going to switch to new hangers give him my hollow plates with an old cast hanger.

He was having low pop rocket flips. Like one out of five were ok. I said try my board.

Pow!!!! Stomp. First one. He’s like dayem this board has pop. I was like venture trucks man big wheels short wb.

Kid’s been skating for like a year maybe a little more. He and his friend are mad good for one year.

I don’t think they street skate tho. I’m like the opposite. Street is the most. Park is because I want to roll in to stuff
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 07:46:53 PM by Uncle Flea »

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 88
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #2600 on: March 26, 2022, 03:29:29 AM »
What helps me with manuals on ventures is you can be toe heavy on a nose manual or heel heavy on a manual and you don’t wheelbite and the play back and forth is forgiving.
yes ! this is what helped me with my nose mannys.
used to be able to land them sometimes on indys and now i can do them often w my hollows.

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #2601 on: March 26, 2022, 04:46:05 AM »
Just came to say I’ve been skating my cast 6.1s for a bit more than a month now and I actually really like the turn. Could be that it’s warming up where I am now but the stock yellow bushings and factory tightness is real nice. Think I will stick with these trucks for the foreseeable future.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #2602 on: March 26, 2022, 11:24:44 AM »
Been running 5.6s with 90a supercush and a flat washer since around last June/July. Went with those as (I could be misquoting) they're the only replacement bushings that won't change the geometry and had a lovely time on them but wanted something with a bit more lean to them. Lower duro supercush were out of stock here and I ended up randomly picking up some Bones Hardcore soft bushings.

Threw em in and had a few hours cruising around etc - turn seems a lot deeper compared to the supercush with less wheelbite too. Didn't really throw too many flip tricks as my backs a bit jacked but they felt same as ever. I'm sure they've already been mentioned in here but if anyone enjoys fucking with Ventures, the softs are a good combo. Have blew a set of them out in the past so will have to see how they fare but for now I'm enjoying them.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #2603 on: March 26, 2022, 11:53:35 AM »
Been running 5.6s with 90a supercush and a flat washer since around last June/July. Went with those as (I could be misquoting) they're the only replacement bushings that won't change the geometry and had a lovely time on them but wanted something with a bit more lean to them. Lower duro supercush were out of stock here and I ended up randomly picking up some Bones Hardcore soft bushings.

Threw em in and had a few hours cruising around etc - turn seems a lot deeper compared to the supercush with less wheelbite too. Didn't really throw too many flip tricks as my backs a bit jacked but they felt same as ever. I'm sure they've already been mentioned in here but if anyone enjoys fucking with Ventures, the softs are a good combo. Have blew a set of them out in the past so will have to see how they fare but for now I'm enjoying them.

In my experience bones bushings do work really well with Ventures. For longevity purposes, and I prefer hard bushings, loosened. Obviously there is a bunch of personal preference…weight (I’m 170+), lots of factors. That being said, I have a hard time seeing the advantages, especially long term, of the blues. Fuck I can’t even keep the mediums going for that long.
Not trying some to shot on your discovery, more giving you an option for when those things die.

Tre

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2604 on: March 26, 2022, 11:54:29 AM »
Pros you know of that skate venture lo?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2605 on: March 26, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
yuto and brandon westgate are two that I know of

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #2606 on: March 26, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yuto and brandon westgate are two that I know of
Gino. PJ Ladd. Youness. JB Gillett.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #2607 on: March 26, 2022, 12:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In my experience bones bushings do work really well with Ventures. For longevity purposes, and I prefer hard bushings, loosened. Obviously there is a bunch of personal preference…weight (I’m 170+), lots of factors. That being said, I have a hard time seeing the advantages, especially long term, of the blues. Fuck I can’t even keep the mediums going for that long.
Not trying some to shot on your discovery, more giving you an option for when those things die.

Oh yeah 100% they'll blow out as has always been my experience with bones bushings, though I'm a bit of a skinny bastard at around 140-145ish so hopefully that'll happen later rather than sooner. I didn't plan to buy them I just happened to be picking up some mtb parts and long story short the guy who owns the store used to be pro for Deathbox in the 90s so they stock some skate stuff here and there, saw em on the shelf and thought fuck it why not. Appreciate the info and your experiences though, always good to share the knowledge!

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #2608 on: March 26, 2022, 01:03:11 PM »
Jesus I really crushed another post with a bunch of half thoughts and mistaken autocorrections.

Wasn’t trying to ‘shit’ on your blues, I prefer the hards for longevity aaaand for the quicker rebound (this falls into the ‘bullshit that I make up in my head’ realm’/obviously not scientific).

Aaaanyways: what a rad shop experience! I of course really prefer to shop at skate shops that are strictly skateboarding…but that wasn’t a viable business model when I was growing up. Boards were always in the corner of some bike/snowboard/hardware/pharmaceutical/music/weed pipe etc store. I have a very fond memory of those experiences, now, and have a soft spot for shops that are just trying to make it work/help out, however they can.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2609 on: March 26, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »
really loving the supercush 94s, feels like 90-92a broken in
anyone have experience with the purp 97a?
feel like i should ride harder bushings until they get too soft
im a heavy fuck no matter how skinny i look
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo