Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 233546 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1830 on: July 15, 2022, 05:10:44 AM »
Ordered the HUF Cromer jeans, will review and report once I receive.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Paperclip20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1831 on: July 15, 2022, 05:39:13 AM »
Expand Quote
I feel ya on that ^^ at this point in my life, I’ve accepted that at 6’3” 200ish I am just not gonna find skate brand pants that fit well.
[close]

I’ve accepted that fate as well at 6’6. I was just hoping maybe I could support Cromer when his pant dropped. Brands need to start doing sizing by waist and length not just standard length

As a fellow tall I accepted it too. I've looked at some skate brand pants but cant trust an M or L as sizing choices.

Related to the thread LL bean relaxed fit jeans one size up or even true to size have been really good for me. Good room but not super wide at the bottom.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #1832 on: July 15, 2022, 06:51:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel ya on that ^^ at this point in my life, I’ve accepted that at 6’3” 200ish I am just not gonna find skate brand pants that fit well.
[close]

I’ve accepted that fate as well at 6’6. I was just hoping maybe I could support Cromer when his pant dropped. Brands need to start doing sizing by waist and length not just standard length
[close]

As a fellow tall I accepted it too. I've looked at some skate brand pants but cant trust an M or L as sizing choices.

Related to the thread LL bean relaxed fit jeans one size up or even true to size have been really good for me. Good room but not super wide at the bottom.

same here, being 6ft 3 i always find with the small, medium, large scenario companies are putting out these days that even when sizing up hoping for a better length they just end up massive round the waist but the leg length is kept the same so they're still too short.

happened a number of times now. getting annoying always sending shit back and waiting for a refund.

with all these companies i find it jokes that its such a chore to find some comfy trousers that fit to skate in.

is it so hard to make trousers for us long legged folks.

only pairs I've found that fit me nice lately are the navy santa cruz painter pants.

"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1833 on: July 15, 2022, 07:08:07 AM »
i hate to admit that i'm finding comfort in hearing about other tall bros who are having trouble finding comfortable, loose pants that have an appropriate length. while i agree that most skate brands are tough for us, dickies and carhartt have always treated me well but would like to explore other options

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1834 on: July 15, 2022, 07:44:20 AM »
6"5'. Bought some Huf pants for cheap in an XL one time, never again.

Walmart (Dickies or Wrangler) when I'm being cheap, outdoor brands like LL Bean or Eddie Bauer when I'm spending a little more, and clearance at the Levi's outlets is surprisingly fruitful.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1835 on: July 15, 2022, 08:05:25 PM »
Randomly found the cromer pants on the huf website. Fuck it, I bought the wine colored ones because I have far too many light wash jeans. Excited to see how they fit

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1836 on: July 15, 2022, 08:14:20 PM »
Whoever gets the huf pants in person can you do an overall length measurement?

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1837 on: July 15, 2022, 11:28:05 PM »
Anyone have any recs on some really lightweight (and cool) pants? Like something that can be worn during summer?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1838 on: July 16, 2022, 01:47:31 AM »
Anyone have any recs on some really lightweight (and cool) pants? Like something that can be worn during summer?

Wear gym shorts imo.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1119
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1839 on: July 16, 2022, 01:54:24 AM »

The polar surf pants have been my go to all summer. Super comfortable even in hot temperatures. They’re expensive but worth it imo

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1840 on: July 16, 2022, 06:20:03 AM »
I second the surf pants. Pricey, but you can get them on sale if you do some searching/waiting. Perfect fit for me - nice and loose, plenty of room in the seat/crotch/thighs, but just enough taper so you’re not stepping on them. A lot of brands make that style of pants now, but Polar got the fit exactly right. I want to try the cord surf pants when the weather cools off, but I can never find them anywhere in Canada in an XL.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1841 on: July 16, 2022, 10:08:57 AM »
Whoever gets the huf pants in person can you do an overall length measurement?

I got you as soon mine show up.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1842 on: July 16, 2022, 02:25:02 PM »
I'm 6'2" and the surf pant in an XL is the only skateshop pant thats worked for me. Wore em to the beach today, trunks underneath
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #1843 on: July 16, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
those rothcos look good!

also posted in the random questions thread, but figured i'd ask here too- has anyone found a way to successfully stretch the waist on a pair of 874s?
[close]

Hot water and fabric softener helps a bit, but at the end of the day I've accepted that I just have to size up on 874s.
[close]

Same. I'm a 34 in every pant except dickies, I have to size up to 36.

One hack I started doing when my waist size grew but I had no money: take an exacto knife and cut a vertical slit underneath each belt loop, careful to not cut the loop though. Also you can cut a vertical slit on either side of the clasp, buys you about .5”-1” idk I never measured but it’s saved me a lot of money on pants. Best part, it’s under the loops so no one can see it haha

FuzzGNU

« Reply #1844 on: July 16, 2022, 03:58:15 PM »
I'll check for the surf pants on sale, but are there any other brands that make something comparable for me to look out for as well?

Is that style of pant universally called surf pants or do they also call those something else as well?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #1845 on: July 16, 2022, 06:48:27 PM »
I'll check for the surf pants on sale, but are there any other brands that make something comparable for me to look out for as well?

Is that style of pant universally called surf pants or do they also call those something else as well?
I think they're commonly referred to as chef's pants or scrubs too. I know that Cookman makes pants that are really similar in material and a lot cheaper, but I think they're less baggy than the surf pants.

Super interested in those Huf Cromer jeans and excited to see some fit pics in them!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1119
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1846 on: July 17, 2022, 08:09:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think they're commonly referred to as chef's pants or scrubs too. I know that Cookman makes pants that are really similar in material and a lot cheaper, but I think they're less baggy than the surf pants.

Super interested in those Huf Cromer jeans and excited to see some fit pics in them!

Scrubs are definitely similar but the material is way too thin. Chefs pants could work, kitchens are notoriously hot but I think they come In white a lot of the time. Would be worth checking a uniform supply store if you have one in your town

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1847 on: July 17, 2022, 09:01:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Scrubs are definitely similar but the material is way too thin. Chefs pants could work, kitchens are notoriously hot but I think they come In white a lot of the time. Would be worth checking a uniform supply store if you have one in your town

At one point I had bought like 8 pairs of Cookmans ended up returning all of them. Significantly less baggy than surf pants.

Uniqlo has something similar, or at least did, for pretty cheap.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1848 on: July 17, 2022, 10:27:37 AM »

Gap has these ones. I don’t have these exact ones, but I have a pair in the same fit. Not quite as loose as the Polar surfs, but the price is right. Slightly shorter inseam than the Polar ones, so get the ‘tall’ ones if that’s a concern.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1849 on: July 17, 2022, 12:06:49 PM »
The theories stamp lounge pant fits very similar to the surf pant and is a little bit thicker. Im 6 2 and they fit me nice and aren’t too short.  Skated in them twice and felt great even though it was like 90 out

https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/theories/products/theories-stamp-lounge-pants-hay-contrast-stitch

FuzzGNU

« Reply #1850 on: July 17, 2022, 12:15:01 PM »
The theories stamp lounge pant fits very similar to the surf pant and is a little bit thicker. Im 6 2 and they fit me nice and aren’t too short.  Skated in them twice and felt great even though it was like 90 out

https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/theories/products/theories-stamp-lounge-pants-hay-contrast-stitch

I'm kicking myself for not getting these when they were on sale. I hate paying a bunch for pants, but they were at a reasonable price and I didn't pull the trigger.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #1851 on: July 17, 2022, 03:15:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

At one point I had bought like 8 pairs of Cookmans ended up returning all of them. Significantly less baggy than surf pants.

Uniqlo has something similar, or at least did, for pretty cheap.
I'm pretty sure I have a pair of these and they're a part of the Uniqlo U line, which is a special collaboration they do with this designer, Lemarie. Most of the stuff from that line is only released for a season at a time and doesn't come back after that unfortunately. I've been on the lookout for another pair fo them and haven't had any luck yet.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1852 on: July 17, 2022, 07:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm kicking myself for not getting these when they were on sale. I hate paying a bunch for pants, but they were at a reasonable price and I didn't pull the trigger.
Yea that’s when i grabbed them. I’ll let you know next time I see some on sale cause I’m looking to grab the alpine pair so I’ve been hawkin them

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1853 on: July 18, 2022, 08:23:49 AM »
I know it's probably been said numerous times on here but just here to reiterate that silvertab's 'baggy' fit is the perfect mix of loose fit and flexibility. They also don't feel like total hot topic yu yu hakusho raver kid pants.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1854 on: July 18, 2022, 08:58:04 AM »
I know it's probably been said numerous times on here but just here to reiterate that silvertab's 'baggy' fit is the perfect mix of loose fit and flexibility. They also don't feel like total hot topic yu yu hakusho raver kid pants.

Silvertabs will forever be the gold standard. They’ve just gotten so much harder to buy for a reasonable price. In my size anyways. Levi’s is fumbling the back by not bringing back Silvertabs. They did it briefly in like 2018? Maybe earlier. Idk why they can’t do it again

sadnocomply

• Rep: 129
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1855 on: July 18, 2022, 09:54:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Silvertabs will forever be the gold standard. They’ve just gotten so much harder to buy for a reasonable price. In my size anyways. Levi’s is fumbling the back by not bringing back Silvertabs. They did it briefly in like 2018? Maybe earlier. Idk why they can’t do it again
yep 2018 reissues were amazing and you could always find them into late 2020, now no way.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1856 on: July 18, 2022, 11:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yep 2018 reissues were amazing and you could always find them into late 2020, now no way.

I really am curious to see what the reissues were like. I know there were some grey ones that looked amazing. Anyone have a pair they can post pics of?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1857 on: July 18, 2022, 04:17:51 PM »
FWIW Levi’s has green SilverTab’s up right now. I ordered these as well as the Huf Cromers. Waiting on both to arrive

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/loose/loose-fit-mens-jeans/p/A34210003

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1858 on: July 18, 2022, 05:04:58 PM »
FWIW Levi’s has green SilverTab’s up right now. I ordered these as well as the Huf Cromers. Waiting on both to arrive

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/loose/loose-fit-mens-jeans/p/A34210003

As someone who spends way too much time on the levis website, I'm surprised I didn't see these. Maybe my wish for more silvertabs will come true. Kinda lame they only do 32 inseam though. Need a 34 at least.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #1859 on: July 18, 2022, 05:16:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh wow, thanks! I really appreciate it. I could see grabbing one of each for cheap and giving them both a try. Any brand in particular for scrubs? Looks like Dickies has some?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the tip!

Expand Quote

[close]

Gap has these ones. I don’t have these exact ones, but I have a pair in the same fit. Not quite as loose as the Polar surfs, but the price is right. Slightly shorter inseam than the Polar ones, so get the ‘tall’ ones if that’s a concern.

Ah, thanks! I appreciate it, I'll look into it.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yea that’s when i grabbed them. I’ll let you know next time I see some on sale cause I’m looking to grab the alpine pair so I’ve been hawkin them

Thanks man, you're the best! I'm pretty much looking for any of them with contrast stitching, but especially Hay or Black.

Does anyone have any advice for buying any of these pants online second-hand on the cheap? I've never done that before, so I don't know where to start.