Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232697 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1920 on: August 12, 2022, 12:19:09 AM »
Expand Quote
quick question: How is the fit on the Polar 44 Pants compared to a 93 Jeans- Like width and inseam?

If i get the totally confusing sizing on the polar Page right they are fairly long?
[close]
So I have the the 93s and 44s in the same size. The 44's are more baggier (almost too much for my liking, if anyone is interested in olive 30x30, send me a dm!) and the inseam is slightly longer. I don't have to cuff the 93s; with the 44s, I do.

thanks a lot for the solid answer!

Was on the fence since they look to have a rather wide leg opening too, plus i am 5´7 and have rather short legs, so i guess these 44 Pants might not fit me well all around!
i mean, i could still hem them and all that but i don't wanna spend money unneccessarily on something at the moment!

thehogsniper

• Rep: 50
« Reply #1921 on: August 12, 2022, 02:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
quick question: How is the fit on the Polar 44 Pants compared to a 93 Jeans- Like width and inseam?

If i get the totally confusing sizing on the polar Page right they are fairly long?
[close]
So I have the the 93s and 44s in the same size. The 44's are more baggier (almost too much for my liking, if anyone is interested in olive 30x30, send me a dm!) and the inseam is slightly longer. I don't have to cuff the 93s; with the 44s, I do.
[close]

Was on the fence since they look to have a rather wide leg opening too, plus i am 5´7 and have rather short legs, so i guess these 44 Pants might not fit me well all around!
i mean, i could still hem them and all that but i don't wanna spend money unneccessarily on something at the moment!
Yeah I've been wearing Polar pants for years now, but I have to say the 44 are probably my least favorite in terms of cut. I'm six foot and for a size 32, they were baggy in all the wrong places. If you're going to get anything, the grund's I think are ten times better.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1922 on: August 13, 2022, 11:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah I've been wearing Polar pants for years now, but I have to say the 44 are probably my least favorite in terms of cut. I'm six foot and for a size 32, they were baggy in all the wrong places. If you're going to get anything, the grund's I think are ten times better.

Was thinking of the Grund Chinos too because of the taper! Then again i recently got some dickies sized up and got a supergood deal on another pair of Surf Pants through a friend!

But i'll keep the grund chinos in mind if they go on sale

Minoru Suzuki

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1923 on: August 21, 2022, 04:33:46 AM »
I’m looking for black chinos that fit like Levis 559. Anybody know of any?

I’ve tried:
Vans Authentic Chino Relaxed. A little too baggy and long for my taste. Not a fan of having to cuff my pants.
Volcom Chinos. Not feeling that little white stone on the side.
Dockers Chinos. None really seem to fit like the 559.

Lepanto

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1924 on: August 21, 2022, 09:28:36 AM »
Levis seems to be the best quality jeans  brand… got the 501 straight 1 o 2 waist sizes up, dont really like to be ultra loose haha
Recently noticed about they have a skateboards line.. i will try them in black

The fucking awesome three spiral denim shorts seems to be really nice to me, would like to order them but dont feel like riskeing spend that much for a shorts i dont know how they sizeing(live on spain)

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1925 on: August 21, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
I’m looking for black chinos that fit like Levis 559. Anybody know of any?

I’ve tried:
Vans Authentic Chino Relaxed. A little too baggy and long for my taste. Not a fan of having to cuff my pants.
Volcom Chinos. Not feeling that little white stone on the side.
Dockers Chinos. None really seem to fit like the 559.

I’ve got some nice loose fit black Volcom chinos without the stone logo on the leg. They’re probably 3 years old by now though and I can’t remember the exact model. Anyway, you can easily sharpie that logo black on black chinos. Makes it a lot less noticeable.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #1926 on: August 22, 2022, 06:44:56 AM »
Levis seems to be the best quality jeans  brand… got the 501 straight 1 o 2 waist sizes up, dont really like to be ultra loose haha

The fucking awesome three spiral denim shorts seems to be really nice to me, would like to order them but dont feel like riskeing spend that much for a shorts i dont know how they sizeing(live on spain)

Granted this was years ago, but I got a pair of the skate 501s and they were quite slim. Slimmer than normal 501s, which I know aren't a very loose fit to begin with, but I was surprised. They're nice jeans and I still have them but they're too slim to skate in.

Also, popped my Polar cherry and got some Surf pants off Depop. It almost feels like cheating with how comfortable they are. I got a large and I reeeeally have to tug those drawstrings to get them to fit which makes me wanna try some mediums but either way I really like them.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1927 on: August 22, 2022, 06:50:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Granted this was years ago, but I got a pair of the skate 501s and they were quite slim. Slimmer than normal 501s, which I know aren't a very loose fit to begin with, but I was surprised. They're nice jeans and I still have them but they're too slim to skate in.

Also, popped my Polar cherry and got some Surf pants off Depop. It almost feels like cheating with how comfortable they are. I got a large and I reeeeally have to tug those drawstrings to get them to fit which makes me wanna try some mediums but either way I really like them.

Medium tall is the way, although I’ve found it hard to find them anywhere aside from the polar website

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1928 on: August 22, 2022, 06:58:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Medium tall is the way, although I’ve found it hard to find them anywhere aside from the polar website

I'm kinda short so medium tall might be a bit too long for me, assuming the inseam is longer. I should probably just find some in a shop and try them on. I'm typically a 34, give or take, so according to their size chart I should be a large, but like I said, I gotta really tug those things to get them tight enough.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1929 on: August 22, 2022, 07:21:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm kinda short so medium tall might be a bit too long for me, assuming the inseam is longer. I should probably just find some in a shop and try them on. I'm typically a 34, give or take, so according to their size chart I should be a large, but like I said, I gotta really tug those things to get them tight enough.

Gotcha. I think the size chart says inseam on large is the same as medium tall, so thought maybe if the large was good *except* the waist, they might work. That being said, medium is way easier to find. I just bought a new pair of large from the mltd sale that just ended because I never see medium tall anywhere.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1930 on: August 22, 2022, 07:26:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gotcha. I think the size chart says inseam on large is the same as medium tall, so thought maybe if the large was good *except* the waist, they might work. That being said, medium is way easier to find. I just bought a new pair of large from the mltd sale that just ended because I never see medium tall anywhere.

Oh nice. I didn't see medium tall on the size chart so for some reason I just assumed they were longer lol. Even the larges are a little long and I'm deciding if I should just keep cuffing them or get them hemmed.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1931 on: August 22, 2022, 07:48:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh nice. I didn't see medium tall on the size chart so for some reason I just assumed they were longer lol. Even the larges are a little long and I'm deciding if I should just keep cuffing them or get them hemmed.

Get them hemmed. I’ve been taking my stuff down to the dry cleaner to get hemmed/repaired and it’s made such a difference, and it’s usually pretty cheap. I had a pair of carhartts that were way too long and got them hemmed for $12 and now they’re perfect. Especially if you’re every buying pants a size or two up to get the correct fit, getting them hemmed makes a huge difference

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1932 on: August 22, 2022, 08:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Get them hemmed. I’ve been taking my stuff down to the dry cleaner to get hemmed/repaired and it’s made such a difference, and it’s usually pretty cheap. I had a pair of carhartts that were way too long and got them hemmed for $12 and now they’re perfect. Especially if you’re every buying pants a size or two up to get the correct fit, getting them hemmed makes a huge difference
This man knows what's up, getting pants hemmed is so much cleaner of a look than rocking them cuffed, cut, or stacked a whole bunch (to me at least)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1933 on: August 22, 2022, 08:51:22 AM »
I usually get my pants hemmed but a part of me liked the extra baggage of the Polars a bit. I probably will hem those too as they're quite loose regardless.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1934 on: August 22, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »

Levi's makes a stay loose chino that they periodically have on their site. I have a pair and they are the loosest pants I can possibly wear.

Also the sizing with Polar changes with the drop. I have large surf pants from one drop and Medium Tall from another and the only difference in the waist is the length of the drawstring.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1935 on: August 22, 2022, 10:30:59 AM »
any tailor recommendations in the east bay area? I had some enjoi denim hemmed and tapered which was pretty expensive (costed more than the pant's sale price). Looking for a reliable place to get some hemming done for a decent price. I don't think I need any tapering work anytime soon which I think was the main contribution to the overall price of the labor.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1936 on: August 22, 2022, 11:10:25 AM »
https://www.yelp.com/biz/ritz-tailor-and-alterations-oakland?osq=tailor

Used them a bunch of times. Good job, good prices, quick turnaround. Pretty close to Lake Merritt BART.

notinternetfamous

« Reply #1937 on: August 22, 2022, 12:11:08 PM »
https://www.yelp.com/biz/ritz-tailor-and-alterations-oakland?osq=tailor

Used them a bunch of times. Good job, good prices, quick turnaround. Pretty close to Lake Merritt BART.
bet!! appreciate it

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1938 on: August 22, 2022, 09:27:56 PM »
I was at Burlington Coat Factory last week and saw some Levi’s Skateboarding Work Pant Chinos. $25, they had black and khaki. They didn’t have my size unfortunately. They look and felt great though, might pick up a pair on eBay. They also had a good amount of Carhartt’s in different styles.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 02:31:01 PM by Southernmost »

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1939 on: August 25, 2022, 07:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Are the 44s baggier than Dickies 874s?

notinternetfamous

« Reply #1940 on: August 25, 2022, 08:03:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Are the 44s baggier than Dickies 874s?
way more baggier. huge in comparison to 874's

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1941 on: August 25, 2022, 09:31:03 AM »
Just grabbed a pair of WKND Loosies; Shorts and Pants. I like the shorts a LOT. The pants also fit well but the inseam is a little short for me (but I knew that going in). Haven't skated in them yet so I'll update later. I wasn't sure about the elastic waist, but they have belt loops so it's been fine.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #1942 on: August 25, 2022, 11:17:36 AM »
Is this thread specifically about blue jeans or are cargo pants included?
I rock baggy black cargos almost exclusively when skating.
I'd encourage anyone interested in baggy cargos to hit up their local army surplus store. Baggy cargos in damn near unlimited colors and they're tough as nails. And cheap.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1943 on: August 25, 2022, 12:42:18 PM »
Just grabbed a pair of WKND Loosies; Shorts and Pants. I like the shorts a LOT. The pants also fit well but the inseam is a little short for me (but I knew that going in). Haven't skated in them yet so I'll update later. I wasn't sure about the elastic waist, but they have belt loops so it's been fine.

I also grabbed some loosies pants... Haven't gotten to skate in them yet, but I can already tell they are going to be comfortable to skate in. Vans elastic waist too.

Love how lightweight and mobile the pants are. Excited to try them.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1944 on: August 25, 2022, 01:47:17 PM »
Is this thread specifically about blue jeans or are cargo pants included?
I rock baggy black cargos almost exclusively when skating.
I'd encourage anyone interested in baggy cargos to hit up their local army surplus store. Baggy cargos in damn near unlimited colors and they're tough as nails. And cheap.

I think any loose pants count, plenty of surf pant posts in here. I skate in the Dickies loose fit Cargos, totally affordable at $30.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1945 on: August 25, 2022, 07:37:15 PM »
There are no pocket related restrictions here….in fact….I’m waiting for some fancy rear pocketed new religions being the next rage…..

europa1991

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1946 on: August 26, 2022, 02:05:58 PM »
If anyone’s still looking for Grund chinos, I got a black pair in a 30/30 that I’m trying to get rid of. Pretty much bought them on a whim and couldn’t return them because they were final sale but if anyones interested PM me and I’ll hook it up.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #1947 on: August 28, 2022, 08:32:02 AM »
has anyone tried out the Fucking Awesome Fecke jeans? i'm eyeing a pair right now but wanna hear some reviews before i pull the trigger
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1948 on: August 28, 2022, 11:44:35 AM »
has anyone tried out the Fucking Awesome Fecke jeans? i'm eyeing a pair right now but wanna hear some reviews before i pull the trigger

I haven’t personally tried them but I’ve been noticing a lot of guys wearing them on Instagram recently. Carl aikens has some clips in them and I’ve also noticed Brian Odwyer. They look like your standered baggy taper fit like silvertabs. They look pretty good on but they are super pricy

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #1949 on: August 28, 2022, 02:24:50 PM »
I got some Carharrt B-11 pants in black a couple of days ago. Am I cool now?

Also got some of the BN2291-M lighter canvas stretch ones in a relaxed fit for something in between and they are quite nice!

Honestly none of my clothes fit me properly anymore after going into dad bod mod (partially why I started skating again for forced fun exercise) I am not a 32 or 34 waist + medium t-shirt guy anymore. 36 and large all day. Feels good to stop lying to myself and not feel restricted by my old clothes.