Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232744 times)

broken USB

Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1980 on: September 23, 2022, 07:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Been wearing big boys size small and getting the inseam hemmed for a minute but im starting to feel goofy in them and thinking of switching to 93s but the sizing is so wonky. My pitch black secondhand 32s measure 34 waist and I wear 32 waist.. is this how they all fit? Cant decide if I should size down or buy 32 in the new drop for a loose fit without jeans boner
[close]

Yes, 93's are for sure vanity sized. I typically get the 32, but I have no problem wearing the size 30 either.

Thanks for confirming. Noticed they got rid of the size chart… hopefully they still do vanity sizing with the latest drop cuz It will be annoying to size down then have to size back up again lol. 

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1981 on: September 23, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »
If anyone is in the market for baggy corduroy pants that won't break your wallet, Uniqlo U is dropping a pair that looks really good on October 6th. Comes in three colors, most sizes, and has a full size chart, which is so handy when all these other brands make you guess. Only $60 too....

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E452156-000/00?colorDisplayCode=38&sizeDisplayCode=030

I feel like the product shots don't do these justice either. I have a pair of Uniqlo U cords from their A/W line two years ago and they're one of my favorite pairs of pants. Fit perfectly, super comfortable, high quality cord material, and get a lot of compliments. I've worn them and skated in them a lot over the last two years and they're still going strong.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1982 on: September 23, 2022, 04:14:37 PM »
If anyone is in the market for baggy corduroy pants that won't break your wallet, Uniqlo U is dropping a pair that looks really good on October 6th. Comes in three colors, most sizes, and has a full size chart, which is so handy when all these other brands make you guess. Only $60 too....

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E452156-000/00?colorDisplayCode=38&sizeDisplayCode=030

I feel like the product shots don't do these justice either. I have a pair of Uniqlo U cords from their A/W line two years ago and they're one of my favorite pairs of pants. Fit perfectly, super comfortable, high quality cord material, and get a lot of compliments. I've worn them and skated in them a lot over the last two years and they're still going strong.

Good looks. these look great

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #1983 on: September 23, 2022, 04:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good looks. these look great

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1984 on: September 23, 2022, 04:53:27 PM »

yep these are the ones from uniqlo. I seen dudes like Ronnie kessner and brad cromer rockin em. Fit is fantastic

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #1985 on: September 23, 2022, 05:02:51 PM »
Just hop on them early if you want your size! The good Uniqlo U stuff used to sell out quickly, but I don't know if they still have the same kind of traction now.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1986 on: September 23, 2022, 05:59:54 PM »
Almost all I wear nowadays comes from Uniqlo. Haven’t had the cords but I have a bunch of their wide fit work pants and jeans and they are all fantastic. Great fit and super comfy and solid quality all around

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1987 on: September 23, 2022, 06:53:07 PM »
The wide cords I grabbed a year or so back were short…..they seemed less tapered than these…

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #1989 on: September 24, 2022, 06:03:03 AM »
man the 93 cords are so nice, it was finally cool enough yesterday to wear them and they’re so cozy, literally feel like sweatpants

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1990 on: September 24, 2022, 06:06:57 AM »
man the 93 cords are so nice, it was finally cool enough yesterday to wear them and they’re so cozy, literally feel like sweatpants

Same with the cord surf pants.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1991 on: September 24, 2022, 08:37:51 AM »
Finally got to skate in all of these pants I got on sale (crazy sales, so I might be biased and going a bit easy on some of these compared to if I paid anywhere near full price).

From worst to best:

Vans Chino Loose Fit are way too huge. Wider waist than advertised, and comically long. I have to cuff them so many times, and then I just have these giant rings of fabric knocking around my ankles while skating lol. I have no choice but to get them hemmed. They're pretty heavy, so hopefully after hemming them they won't be so bad. They're also a bit loud when walking (crinkling/deep swoosh). These things are REALLY baggy if you're into aesthetic over function. Loosest pair of pants I've ever owned, and won't be wearing them again until I got the waist and legs hemmed. Really love the "Buckthorn Brown" color on these, the look of them is awesome.

Vans Chino Relaxed Fit are also a bit big in the waist (at least 1-1.5 inches bigger than advertised after trying to shrink them), but at least the length is cuff-able for me. These are a comfortable amount of baggy, rather than a performative amount of baggy. Probably what most other brands would consider "loose fit". Would recommend these over the Loose Fit for skating. They have some mobility issues, but will hopefully get better with wear/washes. I think these could be decent skate pants once they loosen up. Will probably get the waist hemmed. A bit heavy for my taste.

For both of those I had to choose between sizing up and down from my true size. In the future would absolutely size down on the Loose Fit, and would probably still size down on the Relaxed Fit. I'm seeing reviews online saying their sizing is really inconsistent even within the same fit, so might want to only buy those if you can try them in person first. Both pants are also a bit stiff, but hopefully that will go away with wear/wash.

Theories Lounge Pants these things are pretty nice. Heavier than the pants below but still lightweight. Not as fluid as as the pants below, but definitely not stiff. Sort of hinder movement a little bit, but not a dealbreaker... I don't know a ton about pants but I think a gusseted crotch is in order here since the stitching is what is hindering my legs having full independent movement. Pretty decent pair of pants though quality wise. My only major complaint is the side pockets are sideways (vertical opening) and start lower on the pants than normal pants. I'm not sure if they are very secure too since they aren't very deep, has me very concerned about my phone since the phone has to sit in it sideways... really unnerving. Pants are pretty loose looking, but it doesn't get in the way of function... only the crotch stitching affects movement. These are decent for skating, but aren't perfect.

Vans Elastic Range Relaxed Elastic are really nice. These ones actually fit true to size. Lightweight, cool, slightly stretchy, and move with you well. A bit crinkly sounding but it doesn't get in the way of movement. Seem like they are lower quality than Theories Lounge, but feel better for skating. Not a fan of how the material feels to touch (2% elastic), but these things move so well. Definitely recommend these for skating, but I'm concerned about durability in regards to friction.

WKND Loosies Ripstop (not denim/cords) are my favorite long pants I've ever skated in. Fit well, feel great, closest thing to skating in shorts I've had from a long pant. Lightweight, cool, and super fluid but not swishy. Good quality.Their back pockets are awful (wide open for pickpocket), but their front pockets are huge (and compartmentalized), so it makes up for it. Sucks the color is not my jam. It has some lame logo embossed(?) into the back pocket, but luckily for my colorway the embossing is the same color as the pants so you can't see it. Hope they release more of these in the future, but especially in black.

No idea on what type of durability these pants will all have. Let me know if anyone has questions about any of them.

This batch of pants has got me hooked on loose/lightweight/cool pants with elastic waists. Anyone have any recommendations for pants like this I should check out next?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1992 on: September 24, 2022, 08:52:11 AM »

My favorite pants ever, maybe. My only beef is that for the price, it should’ve been a heavier/sturdier cord.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1993 on: September 24, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
Finally got to skate in all of these pants I got on sale (crazy sales, so I might be biased and going a bit easy on some of these compared to if I paid anywhere near full price).

From worst to best:

Vans Chino Loose Fit are way too huge. Wider waist than advertised, and comically long. I have to cuff them so many times, and then I just have these giant rings of fabric knocking around my ankles while skating lol. I have no choice but to get them hemmed. They're pretty heavy, so hopefully after hemming them they won't be so bad. They're also a bit loud when walking (crinkling/deep swoosh). These things are REALLY baggy if you're into aesthetic over function. Loosest pair of pants I've ever owned, and won't be wearing them again until I got the waist and legs hemmed. Really love the "Buckthorn Brown" color on these, the look of them is awesome.

Vans Chino Relaxed Fit are also a bit big in the waist (at least 1-1.5 inches bigger than advertised after trying to shrink them), but at least the length is cuff-able for me. These are a comfortable amount of baggy, rather than a performative amount of baggy. Probably what most other brands would consider "loose fit". Would recommend these over the Loose Fit for skating. They have some mobility issues, but will hopefully get better with wear/washes. I think these could be decent skate pants once they loosen up. Will probably get the waist hemmed. A bit heavy for my taste.

For both of those I had to choose between sizing up and down from my true size. In the future would absolutely size down on the Loose Fit, and would probably still size down on the Relaxed Fit. I'm seeing reviews online saying their sizing is really inconsistent even within the same fit, so might want to only buy those if you can try them in person first. Both pants are also a bit stiff, but hopefully that will go away with wear/wash.

Theories Lounge Pants these things are pretty nice. Heavier than the pants below but still lightweight. Not as fluid as as the pants below, but definitely not stiff. Sort of hinder movement a little bit, but not a dealbreaker... I don't know a ton about pants but I think a gusseted crotch is in order here since the stitching is what is hindering my legs having full independent movement. Pretty decent pair of pants though quality wise. My only major complaint is the side pockets are sideways (vertical opening) and start lower on the pants than normal pants. I'm not sure if they are very secure too since they aren't very deep, has me very concerned about my phone since the phone has to sit in it sideways... really unnerving. Pants are pretty loose looking, but it doesn't get in the way of function... only the crotch stitching affects movement. These are decent for skating, but aren't perfect.

Vans Elastic Range Relaxed Elastic are really nice. These ones actually fit true to size. Lightweight, cool, slightly stretchy, and move with you well. A bit crinkly sounding but it doesn't get in the way of movement. Seem like they are lower quality than Theories Lounge, but feel better for skating. Not a fan of how the material feels to touch (2% elastic), but these things move so well. Definitely recommend these for skating, but I'm concerned about durability in regards to friction.

WKND Loosies Ripstop (not denim/cords) are my favorite long pants I've ever skated in. Fit well, feel great, closest thing to skating in shorts I've had from a long pant. Lightweight, cool, and super fluid but not swishy. Good quality.Their back pockets are awful (wide open for pickpocket), but their front pockets are huge (and compartmentalized), so it makes up for it. Sucks the color is not my jam. It has some lame logo embossed(?) into the back pocket, but luckily for my colorway the embossing is the same color as the pants so you can't see it. Hope they release more of these in the future, but especially in black.

No idea on what type of durability these pants will all have. Let me know if anyone has questions about any of them.

This batch of pants has got me hooked on loose/lightweight/cool pants with elastic waists. Anyone have any recommendations for pants like this I should check out next?

The WKND Loosie denim is also super light and comfortable. if you like the ripstop version, you might like the denim. I got the shorts and the pants and I've been wearing both a ton. Very short inseam on the jeans though so buyer beware if you don't like that look.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1994 on: September 24, 2022, 03:59:56 PM »
Almost all I wear nowadays comes from Uniqlo. Haven’t had the cords but I have a bunch of their wide fit work pants and jeans and they are all fantastic. Great fit and super comfy and solid quality all around

i pretty much only hit the thriftstore nowadays, but if i get something new, first place i look is uniqlo. those workpants they sell rn look super nice. the only pair of pants i'd want or still need would be a dark blue pair, i might buy in. but they also have a fairly loose looking selvedge jeans on their site. i kind of want to hit the local store and check them out.

huggernaut

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1995 on: September 25, 2022, 02:57:46 PM »
Got a pair of polar 93 jeans in the mail. The 32 length seems to be…a bit short, but man, they are quite comfortable.

Nice happy medium in terms of weight and pretty soft.  Stoked to wear them more though my wife was like “oh, well this is a different look for you” in…not a good tone. Haha

IpathCats

« Reply #1996 on: October 02, 2022, 01:55:23 PM »
Anyone know what pants hjalte is wearing at 38:56? Carhartt I assume? But what fit and material?

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #1997 on: October 02, 2022, 02:11:48 PM »
Anyone know what pants hjalte is wearing at 38:56? Carhartt I assume? But what fit and material?

They look like the Belted Simple Pant, possibly the cord version, from Hjalte’s clothing brand called Dancer.

https://dancerdancerdancer.com/pages/home

https://instagram.com/dancercph?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:59:42 PM by DeepSpace9mm »

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1998 on: October 02, 2022, 04:02:06 PM »
Wanted to try something new and one of the guys at Bluetile got me to try the volcom billow pant. 19” straight, fits perfect and price is nice

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1999 on: October 02, 2022, 05:14:09 PM »
Which Carhartts (from Amazon) would fit me best at 6'2" 170 lbs? Looking for a nice low rise, long, baggy fit.

Looking at these in 33x36 and 34x36

Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Canvas Utility Work Pant https://a.co/d/0s9qBEs

Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Washed Twill Dungaree Pant https://a.co/d/5wbeAGN

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2000 on: October 02, 2022, 10:53:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They look like the Belted Simple Pant, possibly the cord version, from Hjalte’s clothing brand called Dancer.

Look at the hem. I think its Polar 93's

FGO925

• Rep: 20

IpathCats

« Reply #2002 on: October 03, 2022, 06:02:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yea, its a toss up, could be either of these. Anyone know of a pair that fits similarly that is less than $100?

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #2003 on: October 03, 2022, 07:05:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea, its a toss up, could be either of these. Anyone know of a pair that fits similarly that is less than $100?

Gramicci climbing pants

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2004 on: October 03, 2022, 07:06:48 AM »
Anyone have feedback on these?

https://cookmanusa.com/products/copy-of-cookman-chef-pants-duck-canvas-brown

And

https://gramicci.com/products/gramicci-pant?variant=42498169766141

Don't know anything about these but 11oz chef pants seems counter intuitive. Isn't the point of chef pants is that they are super light weight and cool?

Also they list three possible material combinations? So what, it's a dice roll if they're 100% cotton or stretchy? Seems strange to me, but what do I know...
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2005 on: October 03, 2022, 07:47:00 AM »
Anyone have feedback on these?

https://cookmanusa.com/products/copy-of-cookman-chef-pants-duck-canvas-brown

And

https://gramicci.com/products/gramicci-pant?variant=42498169766141

The gramiccis are nice. Solid twill and reinforced in all the right places. No stretch to 'em, obviosuly. They run less relaxed than my Polar surf pants but it's the same idea
Watch out for the 32 inseam though. That works for me as a tall guy but it's longer than usual
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Vintagebody

« Reply #2006 on: October 03, 2022, 07:53:02 AM »

The gramiccis are nice. Solid twill and reinforced in all the right places. No stretch to 'em, obviosuly. They run less relaxed than my Polar surf pants but it's the same idea
Watch out for the 32 inseam though. That works for me as a tall guy but it's longer than usual

32 inseam? Gramacci operate in XS-XL? How tall are you? I need XL in Polar surfs for them to be just long enough.
I'd like to try some Gramaccis!

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2007 on: October 03, 2022, 07:54:47 AM »
the "Gramicci Pant" has a 32 inseam the other ones they make have a 27

I'm 6'2" I have to sag my surfs a little to stack on my shoes
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Vintagebody

« Reply #2008 on: October 03, 2022, 07:57:42 AM »
I'm 6,4 and XL Surfs drape just above my shoes. But XL is too baggy for my liking...

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2009 on: October 03, 2022, 09:27:36 AM »
Hey I'm interested in them if you want to sell em!!              Check DMs!!