Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232665 times)

IpathCats

Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2010 on: October 03, 2022, 09:36:09 AM »

Gramicci climbing pants

Thanks, havent browsed this thread much obv lol. I'm not a SUPER baggy guy, but these look legit. might have to try a pair.

c-dock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #2011 on: October 04, 2022, 06:37:59 PM »
Which Carhartts (from Amazon) would fit me best at 6'2" 170 lbs? Looking for a nice low rise, long, baggy fit.

Looking at these in 33x36 and 34x36

Carhartt Men's Loose Fit Canvas Utility Work Pant https://a.co/d/0s9qBEs

Carhartt Men's Relaxed Fit Washed Twill Dungaree Pant https://a.co/d/5wbeAGN

Probably go with the loose fit, although carhartts fit long so you can usually size down in length especially since you want a lower rise. 33x34 should get you right, if you want baggier just size up the waist

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #2012 on: October 04, 2022, 07:07:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Which Carhartts (from Amazon) would fit me best at 6'2" 170 lbs? Looking for a nice low rise, long, baggy fit.

[close]

Probably go with the loose fit, although carhartts fit long so you can usually size down in length especially since you want a lower rise. 33x34 should get you right, if you want baggier just size up the waist

Not sure about that specific model, but I’d avoid any of the relaxed fit stuff if you’re looking for a “baggy fit”

I bought some Carhartt relaxed fit jeans earlier this year and they are surprisingly tight, almost like spandex haha.  All the loose fit stuff is great though - both the utility pants and the jeans…

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2013 on: October 04, 2022, 07:18:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not sure about that specific model, but I’d avoid any of the relaxed fit stuff if you’re looking for a “baggy fit”

I bought some Carhartt relaxed fit jeans earlier this year and they are surprisingly tight, almost like spandex haha.  All the loose fit stuff is great though - both the utility pants and the jeans…

The relaxed fit is definitely my preferred fit, but it’s not baggy. The loose fit is super baggy and the sizing is all over the place. I bought my normal size in the loose fit and I had to cuff the bottoms multiple times. Ended up taking them to get them hemmed

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #2014 on: October 04, 2022, 07:23:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The relaxed fit is definitely my preferred fit, but it’s not baggy. The loose fit is super baggy and the sizing is all over the place. I bought my normal size in the loose fit and I had to cuff the bottoms multiple times. Ended up taking them to get them hemmed

Yeah, no matter what fit the lengths are crazy.  I’m typically a 32” length but with Carhartts I have to go down to at least 30” (or sometimes 29”) to get the appearance of a typical 32” length pant

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2015 on: October 05, 2022, 12:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for the reply. I tried them in 34x36 and the waist sat super high up, like almost to my belly button. Like you said, they were super long too. Looking to reorder at 36x34
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 01:01:00 PM by PisstickleTypeExperience »

spliffdagger

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2016 on: October 05, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »
I just got some stussy beach pants and I love them! Anyone have any issues w them I should be worried about?

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2017 on: October 05, 2022, 06:28:05 PM »
They also have these:

https://gramicci.com/products/loose-tapered-pant

And a stretch version

https://gramicci.com/products/density-stretch-loose-tapered-pant

Short inseam a previously mentioned. Hmmm…

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2018 on: October 06, 2022, 04:35:05 AM »
They also have these:

https://gramicci.com/products/loose-tapered-pant

And a stretch version

https://gramicci.com/products/density-stretch-loose-tapered-pant

Short inseam a previously mentioned. Hmmm…

i've got a pair of these i found in an urban outfitters on sale that ended up being $12 after whatever promo they were running. they are a dark denim wash tho:

)

they stretch great and are a pretty lightweight denim

since they're real short though i don't really skate in them, they're just chillers but they are very sick. if they were longer they would be pretty perfect.
good come sausage

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2019 on: October 06, 2022, 08:42:59 AM »
grammicis rule.. but the quality seems to have gone downhill imo

I have a pair I got in japan years ago that feel way more durable and are slightly more thick than the ones I bought online in the US a year or two ago.

@Made In China a few pages back at this point but good lookin out on those uniqlo corduroys. they're available today so I ordered a pair along with their relaxed fit selvedge. curious as to how the selvedge will fit... I ordered two pairs, one 33 and one 34. usually a 32, gonna try both and return whichever one I don't like

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #2020 on: October 06, 2022, 09:08:59 AM »
Just ordered a pair of the Uniqlo wide fit jeans. I had some of the regular fits and really liked how they felt, but the fit is a bit too slim for my liking. Hoping the wide fits are good. Anyone have them?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 10:49:37 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #2021 on: October 06, 2022, 09:59:40 AM »

I have a pair I got in japan years ago that feel way more durable and are slightly more thick than the ones I bought online in the US a year or two ago.

@Made In China a few pages back at this point but good lookin out on those uniqlo corduroys. they're available today so I ordered a pair along with their relaxed fit selvedge. curious as to how the selvedge will fit... I ordered two pairs, one 33 and one 34. usually a 32, gonna try both and return whichever one I don't like
Hell yeah, lemme know how you like them cause I'm interested and might cop a pair too!

And did you get these selvedge jeans: https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E452532-000/00?colorDisplayCode=69&sizeDisplayCode=030 ? I had a pair of non-selvedge jeans in this fit from a few years ago and they're nice. More of a straight loose fit than baggy with a nice high waist. They fit me like how Spanky's jeans fit him.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2022 on: October 06, 2022, 10:15:24 AM »
@Made In China will do! yep, those ones. I've been wanting a pair of selvedge jeans for a bit now but have held off because of the price so can't beat these for the money hah

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #2023 on: October 06, 2022, 10:41:53 AM »

How’s the fit of the waist on the Gramiccis? I’m normally a 33, so between a M and L. Do you have any advice on whether to size up or down?

smellymoron69

• Rep: -18
« Reply #2024 on: October 06, 2022, 11:41:14 AM »
I just got some stussy beach pants and I love them! Anyone have any issues w them I should be worried about?

I've had a pair for about a year without problems. I like them a lot more than my Polar surfs. Polars definitely have thinner fabric that's more prone to fading/discoloration (and wrinkling).

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2025 on: October 06, 2022, 03:20:13 PM »
Just ordered a pair of the Uniqlo wide fit jeans. I had some of the regular fits and really liked how they felt, but the fit is a bit too slim for my liking. Hoping the wide fits are good. Anyone have them?

They are a perfect fit imo. Right amount of looseness and taper. With the tall versions out now too they are even better. Quality is really good considering the price and they are super comfy

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2026 on: October 06, 2022, 04:05:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How’s the fit of the waist on the Gramiccis? I’m normally a 33, so between a M and L. Do you have any advice on whether to size up or down?

Sizing is on the larger side in my experience. I’m about a 32 and an M is pretty long/big on me but baggy. I think L would be way too big

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2027 on: October 06, 2022, 10:28:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are a perfect fit imo. Right amount of looseness and taper. With the tall versions out now too they are even better. Quality is really good considering the price and they are super comfy

Agreed….these jeans are what this thread was made for…..loose…but not baggy….a bit of a taper…good price.. comes in black too….

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2028 on: October 07, 2022, 11:05:28 AM »
@Made In China will do! yep, those ones. I've been wanting a pair of selvedge jeans for a bit now but have held off because of the price so can't beat these for the money hah
I can't speak for the quality these days, but I worked retail at an Uniqlo store a few years ago and the selvedge jeans then were such good quality for the price. Very stiff raw denim that broke in and became nice and soft with a little bit of wear. I think they started using stretch denim in the later versions that wasn't as nice, but these ones are 100% cotton so I bet they're gonna be like the ones I'm talking about.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2029 on: October 07, 2022, 02:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can't speak for the quality these days, but I worked retail at an Uniqlo store a few years ago and the selvedge jeans then were such good quality for the price. Very stiff raw denim that broke in and became nice and soft with a little bit of wear. I think they started using stretch denim in the later versions that wasn't as nice, but these ones are 100% cotton so I bet they're gonna be like the ones I'm talking about.

I recently bought a pair of selvedge denim jeans from them and the quality is still good for the price. Definitely stiff raw denim still. The upcoming regular fit ones seem like they’re I’ll be nice. Just bummed they only go up to a 35 waist

front_crooks

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2030 on: October 09, 2022, 03:37:52 AM »
Does anybody know what pants Sean Malto wears?  I realized I don't follow him on Instagram, and decided to click on his page, and I couldn't help but notice he wasn't wearing Janoskis anymore, and that his pants fit how I'd like mine to.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #2031 on: October 09, 2022, 10:07:20 AM »
Does anybody know what pants Sean Malto wears?  I realized I don't follow him on Instagram, and decided to click on his page, and I couldn't help but notice he wasn't wearing Janoskis anymore, and that his pants fit how I'd like mine to.

Just DM him and ask. If that fails, DM @whatpantsarethose
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2032 on: October 09, 2022, 11:16:19 AM »
I gotta say, these skate elastic waist pants (Loosies, Surf) don't go all the way up to their highest advertised waist size from my experience. They technically fit, but the elastic band is so tight it hurts. And that's before any potential washing shrinkage.

If you're in between two sizes on elastic pants, I say size up.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #2033 on: October 09, 2022, 11:21:16 AM »
Scooped the Carhartt x Quarter Snacks pants, the Uniqlo U cords in 2 colors and the Volcom Louie cords this week. All for really nice. I’ll post some fit pics this week as I roll em into the wardrobe this week.

I sized up on the Carhartt so those are more baggy than loose. But still feeling them.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2034 on: October 09, 2022, 02:28:10 PM »
Scooped the Carhartt x Quarter Snacks pants, the Uniqlo U cords in 2 colors and the Volcom Louie cords this week. All for really nice. I’ll post some fit pics this week as I roll em into the wardrobe this week.

I sized up on the Carhartt so those are more baggy than loose. But still feeling them.
Could you post fit pics of the Uniqlo U cords when you get them? I'm sooooo tempted but lord knows I don’t need another pair of pants…. But for the right fit….

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2035 on: October 09, 2022, 04:04:00 PM »
I gotta say, these skate elastic waist pants (Loosies, Surf) don't go all the way up to their highest advertised waist size from my experience. They technically fit, but the elastic band is so tight it hurts. And that's before any potential washing shrinkage.

There’s something about elastic pants that make me think about….what are those things toddlers wear?  Between pampers and underwear?  Pull ups?  I’m a big boy now!  Same goes for pants that come in : S,M,L. I’m a skater… not a child….

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2036 on: October 09, 2022, 06:58:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There’s something about elastic pants that make me think about….what are those things toddlers wear?  Between pampers and underwear?  Pull ups?  I’m a big boy now!  Same goes for pants that come in : S,M,L. I’m a skater… not a child….

I would have agreed with you a month ago... but I've been converted. They're so lightweight and move with you so well. Honestly, any skater who normally dislikes skating in long pants should grab a pair on sale (WKND Loosies, Theories Lounge, Polar Surf, etc.) just to try it out. Almost feels like skating in some light shorts.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #2037 on: October 10, 2022, 08:52:52 AM »
Those Magenta climbing pants are not as big as they seem. All those dude must be like 5’6” and wearing the XL size ones. I bought some, and they’re basically straight fit on me.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #2038 on: October 10, 2022, 05:53:37 PM »
Anybody try Vans Ave denim? I bought some at the outlets and I’m really digging them.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #2039 on: October 10, 2022, 07:30:40 PM »

This is my problem with any elastic waist pants. I don’t know if it’s my hips but they’re nothing I can wear in public.

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021