Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231193 times)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 226
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2070 on: October 16, 2022, 12:17:46 PM »
Anybody have recommendations for a loose 5-pocket jean? Have big legs and I'm over the carpenter style. Thanks!

if u don’t mind sizing up abit. stan ray painters are sick

edit: mb misread ur comment and shat out the complete opposite of what you were asking for

Crabby_Bastard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #2071 on: October 16, 2022, 12:51:00 PM »
Anybody have recommendations for a loose 5-pocket jean? Have big legs and I'm over the carpenter style. Thanks!

Levis 550 sized up a size or two.
How much for an order of ribs?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #2072 on: October 16, 2022, 10:11:08 PM »
saw some dad pants from China via Shopee..cost bout USD10 a pair..

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #2073 on: October 17, 2022, 09:13:39 AM »
those look pretty cool, especially for $10.  i'm 6'3 tho and if those are from China i would probably need like a 3XL tall hahaha.  def curious tho

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2074 on: October 17, 2022, 11:38:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered a pair of the Uniqlo wide fit jeans. I had some of the regular fits and really liked how they felt, but the fit is a bit too slim for my liking. Hoping the wide fits are good. Anyone have them?
[close]

They are a perfect fit imo. Right amount of looseness and taper. With the tall versions out now too they are even better. Quality is really good considering the price and they are super comfy
[close]

Agreed….these jeans are what this thread was made for…..loose…but not baggy….a bit of a taper…good price.. comes in black too….
[close]

Bumping this post cuz they came in today and I really like them. Your description is spot on. Really wanted a loose pair of jeans that weren’t restrictive without looking like I’m swimming in denim.

These are the denim I posted measurements of on the last page and I am really liking them so far. Soft, well made, look more classic than trendy.

Question- did ya'll go true to size on waist or 1 size up. I'm 6 foot 3 and have a 30in waste but I have birthing hips so pants are fucking weird to fit. In Levi's and Carhartt I go a size up to 33, which I did with these since the rise is higher. But now that they're broken in I am thinking maybe I shoulda done a 32.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #2075 on: October 17, 2022, 11:47:18 AM »
I got mine a size up. Have to rock a belt, but I don't regret it.

Only thing is, they sit kinda low on my waist so I almost wish I went even shorter on the inseam. It's not that bad, but if I end up getting more I might go an extra half inch or something.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2076 on: October 17, 2022, 12:13:50 PM »
Yah I wasn't sure what the inseam even was and I got the "Tall" version and it was a 32 for a 33 waist. I think I will eventually get them hemmed, but a single cuff ain't bad. I belt em at waist level and they do not restrict my knees, which I started hating about Polar stuff. I already look goofy enough while skating I don't need to add the pre-trick pants tug to my theatrics.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2077 on: October 17, 2022, 01:43:48 PM »
550 big and tall or Uniqlo Wide fit Jean comes in a tall….

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2078 on: October 18, 2022, 02:13:18 AM »
quick question:  Do the theories plaza jeans and theories stamp lounge pant fit similar in any way?

The plaza denim in L/ 34 might be the best fitting pant i ever got!

Also while on the topic, does anybody know who in europe is stocking Theories? I need to find the black plaza denim too.

My local has them but it's very hard to find them elsewhere if these guys tun outta sizes!

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #2079 on: October 18, 2022, 02:46:02 AM »
I like levis 560s a lot they’re a bit baggier in the crotch and thighs than 550s so less of a need to size up but still have a nice taper.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #2080 on: October 21, 2022, 06:38:49 PM »
Anyone tried those Element Donny Barley pants?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #2081 on: October 21, 2022, 07:14:34 PM »
Someone in here asked me to post the Uniqlo U wide work cords. Finally snapped a photo in them today.

Full disclosure I sized up one, I was in the store rushing and just held them up instead of trying on. These are a 33, a 32 would have been fine as well.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

treeebark

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2082 on: October 22, 2022, 12:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so i snagged a pair of the Uniqlo U loose fit cords, and the fit is amazing. pretty similar fit as far as the cut to my polar 93's (both size 32), but the waist fits a little more true to size (polar 93 32's i need a belt, these i do not). the only thing i'm bummed on is i wish i coulda grabbed another color (brown or the olive green), anyone know how often they restock these things? is it only once a season??

[close]
They only drop stuff for one season at a time and typically only sporadically restock stuff after that. It seems like this seasons drop was really limited and a lot of stuff sold out right away :(
[close]

Came here to say the Wide Leg jeans are being offered all sizes, for 30 bucks in stock currently for the tall sizing.

Even if youre a short king like myself , i used the free alteration option to get them hemmed to 25.5 and the leg opening is a perfect 9”~ which is just how my 93s fit! Very hyped.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E452529-000/00?colorDisplayCode=68&sizeDisplayCode=029
dude thank you! i did not notice the free tailor option, and had actually looked at those wide leg jeans but they were out of stock too. ended up being $5 cause they were on sale for under $20 but still a steal if they’re anything like the cords.

broken USB

« Reply #2083 on: October 24, 2022, 06:54:24 AM »
Im a 29 waist and got the uniqlo wide fit cord in a size 30 (they fit more like a 31-32). i just got them hemmed. fit perfect for me. i wish they werent sold out so i can snag the olive ones. anybody know when they restock?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #2084 on: October 24, 2022, 09:22:31 AM »
Someone in here asked me to post the Uniqlo U wide work cords. Finally snapped a photo in them today.

Full disclosure I sized up one, I was in the store rushing and just held them up instead of trying on. These are a 33, a 32 would have been fine as well.

That was me, thanks dude! They look really good on you sized up. If I can catch a restock, I'm copping forsure.

Im a 29 waist and got the uniqlo wide fit cord in a size 30 (they fit more like a 31-32). i just got them hemmed. fit perfect for me. i wish they werent sold out so i can snag the olive ones. anybody know when they restock?
Lol speaking of which, Uniqlo doesn't do regular restocks on their U line. This season's drop seemed to be a lot more limited than their previous seasons too. Honestly the best way to catch a restock is to check their website each morning.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #2085 on: October 24, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
This is apropos of almost nothing but if you’re ordering from Uniqlo, I recommend checking out their AIRism underwear. It’s absolutely the best underwear I have found to skate in - so much better than the days of swampass cotton Hanes of my youth.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #2086 on: October 24, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »
This is apropos of almost nothing but if you’re ordering from Uniqlo, I recommend checking out their AIRism underwear. It’s absolutely the best underwear I have found to skate in - so much better than the days of swampass cotton Hanes of my youth.

It’s expensive but the bombas underwear are also great. Very breathable and the right length so I don’t get chafing nearly as much

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2087 on: October 24, 2022, 04:26:55 PM »
While we’re at it….I’m going out on a limb and saying heat tech isn’t all that…..

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2088 on: October 25, 2022, 12:03:52 AM »
My long legs are looking for more pants. Anyone tried the Stan Ray 5-pocket baggy or tapered?
Mostly use Levi's, but I struggle to find more 550's in my size...
Stay Loose are too soft/crap quality for skateboarding

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #2089 on: October 25, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »
Very specific I know but could anyone tell me which has thicker cotton out of theories stamp lounge pants and polar surf pants?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2090 on: October 25, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »
Uniqlo Wide Fit Tall denim are on sale for $20. Uniqlo will also tailor them for you, so they end up the same as standard fit. Can't beat that price.

spliffdagger

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2091 on: October 25, 2022, 02:16:46 PM »
Very specific I know but could anyone tell me which has thicker cotton out of theories stamp lounge pants and polar surf pants?

Stussy beach pants are pretty quality and thick

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #2092 on: October 25, 2022, 02:38:04 PM »
surf pants are very thin from my experience

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #2093 on: October 25, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »
got a pair of the gramicci gadget pants recently and I have really been liking them, they seem to be a more normal length than the standard ones

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #2094 on: October 25, 2022, 08:36:25 PM »

Fuck, I don't have them side by side right now because I'm returning the Surf for a larger size. Can't give you a direct comparison. Will be able to when I get the larger pair sent back to me.

Lounge are really nice skate pants. Pretty thin and don't get too hot, but still will keep your legs warm when needed. Feels perfect for Autumn skating. Has a nice baggy fit to them that I enjoy skating in.

Surf were pretty close in thickness if I recall? Pretty thin. Mayyybe thinner than lounge, but I honestly can't remember.

Either way, I would only buy them on a major sale, their standard price is insane... if you're deciding between the two and the Lounge are cheaper, just go with the Lounge to see if you like those types of pants.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

HeavyLow

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2095 on: October 27, 2022, 06:31:43 AM »
Bought those Uniqlo U wide cords based on this threads. Very happy with them but def gonna get them hemmed. Thanks for the tips!

justpassingthrough

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2096 on: October 27, 2022, 07:51:25 AM »
I go to Goodwill and buy most of the clothes I usually wear anyways so I can find big pants or seriously just about anything.  I've came up on some expensive shoes there too.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #2097 on: October 28, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »
what’s the sizing like on polar 44 pants? is the waist tts or does it fit a bit big? MLTD is having another 30% off sale goods…

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #2098 on: October 28, 2022, 09:52:14 AM »
what’s the sizing like on polar 44 pants? is the waist tts or does it fit a bit big? MLTD is having another 30% off sale goods…
I have a pair of the 44 cords and they fit a little big at the waist, but nothing too crazy. Most pants these days are vanity sized and slightly bigger at the waist. I'd recommend getting your normal size unless you want them even bagger.

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 42
« Reply #2099 on: October 28, 2022, 06:29:58 PM »
Anyone got fit pics of Ben's "gorilla cut" pants? Mad curious cause they look huuuge. I want to buy some and use them as a pattern to make ski pants. Same deal, just not twill. But if they take filson wax well(which I doubt) I could just wax some.