Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 159492 times)

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 161
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2130 on: November 20, 2022, 01:54:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I figured I’d try my chances of asking this here.

I’m having a hell of a time trying to find decent baggy cargo joggers anywhere online. It’s the cold season up here, and I need something warmer for night skating.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be hugely appreciated.
[close]

Pointing you in the right direction would be saying to you dont wear cargo joggers
[close]

I won’t defer to you unless you post a fit in the “post your fit” thread.

It’s mostly for nostalgia/comfort purposes for my nightly solo sessions post work. It’s not for fashion purposes, or skating with the homies.
[close]
I like your logic that I have to post a "fit" to comment about types of pants in the loose pants thread
Its good.
  Anyway I was only Kidding around.  Your pants are none of my business  ;)
[close]

Nah you’re good.

I just didn’t like having to explain why I was asking for what I was specifically asking. I don’t even like the idea of wearing joggers out, but I’m prioritizing warmth for winter nights.

There’s a well lit overhang just down the road that is my practice spot.

I don't know anything about joggers tbh, but my pro tip is to Google whatever you're looking for plus "ripstop" and also check out the "Shopping" tab on Google

I've never heard of this brand and don't know their reputation but are any of these what you are looking for? Looks like they're having a sale?: https://www.brooklyncloth.com/collections/ripstop-joggers

Other search terms that might be helpful for pants that are both mobile enough and durable enough for Skateboarding might be "hiking" "climbing" "work" "outdoor" or "military" "combat" "tactical".

Post whatever you end up getting.

Here are some random links I found... I don't know shit about brands so other people will have to say how bad any of these are or any of these websites/stores are. Just random links I found that might be relevant:

https://www.amazon.com/ebossy-Multi-Pocket-Military-Combat-Ripstop/dp/B0969LDV9Y?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A3AKXTDACK0KGX

https://kclot.com/products/tactical-utility-joggers-v2?currency=USD&variant=39447111893152&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4IqW07-8-wIVITizAB0j8QzEEAQYASABEgJuufD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Scrubs-C56110-Ripstop-Jogger/dp/B09MSRHDDX/ref=asc_df_B09MSRHDDX/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598272727573&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6060638840039853842&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021730&hvtargid=pla-1659824762080&psc=1

https://www.unionbay.com/products/davis-cargo-jogger-pant-reg-and-big-tall-grey-goose?variant=40431312142515
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 02:17:35 AM by FuzzGNU »

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #2131 on: November 20, 2022, 04:07:02 AM »
Thanks for the links guys! Maybe I should be searching for straight up sweats?

Anyways, I just picked up some of the Dime baggy jeans in the Winter 2022 drop. They look like they’re gonna be a little more substantial than the DJCO jeans from the previous release.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:04:45 PM by Puddy Smally »

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2132 on: November 20, 2022, 04:18:13 AM »
Thanks for the links guys! Maybe I should be searching for straight up sweats?

Anyways, I just picked up some of the Dime baggy jeans in the Winter 2022 drop. They look like they’re gonna be a little more substantial than the DMCO jeans from the previous release.

Don't give up on your cargo jogger dreams. Sounds like a solid skate pant to me personally.

Maybe also look into tactical/BDUs... Might be able to get what you're looking for by synching the openings a certain way via the built in adjustable openings.

off

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #2133 on: November 20, 2022, 07:50:17 AM »
joggers are the antithesis to loose fit pants
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2134 on: November 20, 2022, 07:59:04 AM »
joggers are the antithesis to loose fit pants

I assume they mean like ninja pants or something where its looser on top, and tight at the ankles. Some of the ones I linked almost fit the bill?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2135 on: November 20, 2022, 08:10:11 AM »
Current day joggers are definitely slimmed down but that’s the point of the thread we are seeking to find looser versions….and in this case with cargo pockets….like some wu welsh type shit…

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2136 on: November 20, 2022, 08:34:55 AM »
Current day joggers are definitely slimmed down but that’s the point of the thread we are seeking to find looser versions….and in this case with cargo pockets….like some wu welsh type shit

Exactly!

I honestly think I’m just thinking baggy cargo sweats. I used to rock them all the time in my early skate days circa 2001.

off

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #2137 on: November 20, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Current day joggers are definitely slimmed down but that’s the point of the thread we are seeking to find looser versions….and in this case with cargo pockets….like some wu welsh type shit
[close]

Exactly!

I honestly think I’m just thinking baggy cargo sweats. I used to rock them all the time in my early skate days circa 2001.
not sure whats your budget, quality demands, or need for cuffs
but “baggy cargo sweatpants” in google found a lot of options
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2138 on: November 20, 2022, 05:33:54 PM »
We’re looking for some tried and true results here…there’s no jogger aficionado?

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2139 on: November 24, 2022, 07:12:42 AM »
Let's get some pants deals going on in here.

Theories of Atlantis... https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/all-pants
Theories (and related brands) THANKYOU30 for 30% off (you might have to already be an email subscriber).

I saw some $45/50 Gramicci pants on cheap and steep (lolwut?) and backcountry.

Let us know if you guys find any good finds.

Candied cigarettes

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2140 on: November 26, 2022, 03:47:46 PM »
Just got the dime baggy fit jeans in washed black. First impression, I love them. The denim itself feels nice, a tad thinner than the black silver tabs I have. They’re definitely baggy but are tapered enough so they don’t feel like too much. I wear a 34 waist normally and the large’s fit as expected. I’m a 28-29 inch inseam, and these are a bit long, so I’d guess these are 30-32 inches.

switchfakie

• Rep: 49
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2141 on: November 26, 2022, 04:30:04 PM »
i dunno who needs to hear this but

uniqlo wide fit jeans fit like (semi slim) straight pants just with the high waist of actual wide fit pants like big boys/enjoi fader denim

i highly recommend them, i was very surprised

you might have to cut the legs tho, the leg sizing is a mess, but its no problem

such a good fit that im not even gonna skate in them

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #2142 on: November 28, 2022, 07:29:32 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

iw0

• Rep: 273
« Reply #2143 on: November 28, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »
What pants is Chico wearing here?

https://instagram.com/stories/chicobrenes/2981522805919325332?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

some sort of hickory striped dickies, can't find any that are in season, so maybe the '67 slim fit sized up??

KC_Rookie

• Rep: 92
« Reply #2144 on: November 28, 2022, 12:18:16 PM »
Just got the dime baggy fit jeans in washed black. First impression, I love them. The denim itself feels nice, a tad thinner than the black silver tabs I have. They’re definitely baggy but are tapered enough so they don’t feel like too much. I wear a 34 waist normally and the large’s fit as expected. I’m a 28-29 inch inseam, and these are a bit long, so I’d guess these are 30-32 inches.

This is why I can't wear any skate brand pants. No inseam options.
If I don't get at least a 34" inseam my pants highwater like crazy, and I strongly dislike highwater pants.
To get any skate brand pants long enough I have to buy them in like a 38" waist (I'm a 32")

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2145 on: November 28, 2022, 12:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If I don't get at least a 34" inseam my pants highwater like crazy, and I strongly dislike highwater pants.
To get any skate brand pants long enough I have to buy them in like a 38" waist (I'm a 32")

Yeah that must be frustrating. I think I saw Polar Surf had some "tall" sizes, but I honestly am not sure if I've seen them stocked anywhere besides their own site?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • Long Live the New Flesh
« Reply #2146 on: November 28, 2022, 12:57:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah i bought a pair of WKND loosies and they're great except the inseam is 29". It's definitely a "look" and they're so nice to skate in I just dont worry about it, I run them. But they're strictly for skating, can't walk around town with my pants stopping above my shoe.
Not everyone is made for 666' fakie to fakie sliders! My godt it's going to be a blood bath on these streets.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2147 on: November 28, 2022, 04:29:33 PM »
i dunno who needs to hear this but

uniqlo wide fit jeans fit like (semi slim) straight pants just with the high waist of actual wide fit pants like big boys/enjoi fader denim

i highly recommend them, i was very surprised

you might have to cut the legs tho, the leg sizing is a mess, but its no problem

such a good fit that im not even gonna skate in them

Uniqlo has free hemming…..

I agree, they are sick pants…good price. I’d rather kick down for other soft goods or on decks and shoes.