Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231264 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #750 on: January 16, 2021, 07:40:08 PM »
just got a pair of Levis 559s nice and broken in for 5 bucks. haven't owned a pair of denim since the 511 years. gonna be a strange transition from work pants
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #751 on: January 17, 2021, 05:13:55 AM »
I fell victim to the hype and I bought some of the polar 93 jeans unfortunately I think they look really stupid on me. I usually wear Levi’s 550s or vintage carhartts jeans that fit  similar and I’ve always really liked how those fit, I’ve even worn the loose fit Dickie’s work pants which I think are wider in the leg than the 93s. For some reason I just think the 93s look like jnco raver jeans on me maybe it’s the light blue wash but it’s looking like these are receiving a thumbs down and it’s back to 550s

All comes down to sizing. If you ordered the size you typically wear they are probably huge. I order a size down and they fit like some relaxed dad jeans.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #752 on: January 17, 2021, 07:01:43 AM »
I think you might get used to them.....

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #753 on: January 19, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMp36rDQ7H/?igshid=xq9w8lg7v7vt

Primitive dropping some baggy jeans on the 21st

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #754 on: January 19, 2021, 03:35:46 PM »
Not feeling those whatsoever

Glurmpz

« Reply #755 on: January 19, 2021, 04:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know what the brown cargos that Ronnie skates in Trilogy are ?

Where they made by Blind ?

https://youtu.be/MROEdKma7-0
[close]

Anyone know ?

Also are Kareem's jeans, blind jeans ?

For some reason, in my memory he was wearing corduroy cargos, but upon watching again maybe just brown twill. I have brown cord and I'm gonna make some cargoroys in tribute to Ronnie's pants anyway. Already made a sample pair of 5 pocket style cords.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGAbLbF1Ac/

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #756 on: January 19, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
those primitive jeans look pretty bad

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #757 on: January 21, 2021, 07:35:44 AM »
does anyone have a recommendation on corduroys that have a drawstring?  (aside from Polar)

also, anyone with the Levis 550 hemp denim- fit pics??
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:20:58 PM by shawngreg »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #758 on: January 21, 2021, 08:54:12 AM »
Are Red Kap waist sizes tts?

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #759 on: January 21, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
I highly recommend the Levi's Stay Loose hemp jeans. Got the waist TTS and they didn't have my inseam but even with the inseam sized up i really enjoy the fit. Not too much taper and definitely baggy

nevrwasben

« Reply #760 on: January 21, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMp36rDQ7H/?igshid=xq9w8lg7v7vt

Primitive dropping some baggy jeans on the 21st
P-rod wants Tiago to stop repping those Polar jeans!!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518

Diocletian

« Reply #762 on: January 26, 2021, 08:28:08 AM »
I'm on a loose pants crisis currently, nothing is working out. I have Ben Davis original fit pants on the way, anyone have these? Are they pretty gargantuan compared to the "trim fit"? I read somewhere the trims fit like an 874 but slightly looser and am wondering if I should have gotten those instead, in case these might be like parachutes.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2021, 08:31:54 AM »
I'm on a loose pants crisis currently, nothing is working out. I have Ben Davis original fit pants on the way, anyone have these? Are they pretty gargantuan compared to the "trim fit"? I read somewhere the trims fit like an 874 but slightly looser and am wondering if I should have gotten those instead, in case these might be like parachutes.

I haven't had them in years but if I remember correctly the OG Ben's are closer to the dickies double knee leg width to keep with your dickies comparison
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #764 on: January 26, 2021, 08:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven't had them in years but if I remember correctly the OG Ben's are closer to the dickies double knee leg width to keep with your dickies comparison
I'm a huge fan of the Davis original fit. The gorilla fits are the gigantic ones.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #765 on: January 26, 2021, 09:25:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm a huge fan of the Davis original fit. The gorilla fits are the gigantic ones.

It’s nice when a community comes together in a crisis.

Diocletian

« Reply #766 on: January 26, 2021, 09:34:29 AM »
Lol, thanks pals. I ordered a waist size up even though they said fits true to size, I'm not doing well with keeping off this winter/covid weight so hopefully when that sheds they wont fall off!

ballintoohard

« Reply #767 on: January 26, 2021, 12:12:22 PM »
Original fit are the cholo staples in Nor Cal, wayyyy too big for me. I fuck with the trim fit 1 size up and they're baggy, but tastefully so

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #768 on: January 27, 2021, 07:04:29 PM »
I'm trying to decide on the levis Stay Loose or
 carhart relaxed fit tapered  both are about 30$

I'm 36x30 in dickies double knee.
 Anybody have experience with the fit of the the stay loose or the relaxed taper?

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #769 on: January 27, 2021, 08:49:08 PM »
I'm trying to decide on the levis Stay Loose or
 carhart relaxed fit tapered  both are about 30$

I'm 36x30 in dickies double knee.
 Anybody have experience with the fit of the the stay loose or the relaxed taper?
I'm your same size. I really like the fit of the stay loose, can't speak on relaxed taper. they only have x32 so they are definitely a little baggy on the ankle but they are perfectly baggy with pretty much no form on the leg. if that's what you're going for, highly reccommend.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #770 on: January 27, 2021, 11:14:34 PM »
I think the stay loose are baggy and the relax tapers aren't tight.....

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #771 on: January 28, 2021, 03:37:30 AM »
I am never going to wear light washed or baggy jeans. Shit's unforgivable.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #772 on: January 28, 2021, 06:24:27 AM »

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #773 on: January 28, 2021, 06:35:53 AM »
Hopefully means more options from levis in the near future
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-27/levi-s-ceo-says-baggy-jeans-are-making-a-comeback-amid-pandemic?utm_source=url_link

Calls down to the warehouse "Hey, what did you guys do with those pallets of SilverTab's you found during inventory last year? Apparently skinny jeans are out"

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #774 on: January 28, 2021, 08:52:05 AM »
fuck i hope they bring silvertab back

being able to find normal priced good baggy jeans again would be a godsend

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #775 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:12 PM »
Carhartt pals what’s the best fit if I need some baggy bois in the rotation? Dungaree loose fits? Simple pants? Single knee fits? Never owned carhartt pants. Going for 100% cotton always. Never that stretch shit.

ricky bobby

« Reply #776 on: January 28, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »
Carhartt pals what’s the best fit if I need some baggy bois in the rotation? Dungaree loose fits? Simple pants? Single knee fits? Never owned carhartt pants. Going for 100% cotton always. Never that stretch shit.
Dungaree loose fits and the simple pants for sure. I recommend getting the Simple pants that are just from the regular workwear line and not the WIP line as from my experience the WIP are a bit less loose fitting.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #777 on: January 28, 2021, 05:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
heard. Good to know. Depop has some good dungaree finds!
Dungaree loose fits and the simple pants for sure. I recommend getting the Simple pants that are just from the regular workwear line and not the WIP line as from my experience the WIP are a bit less loose fitting.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #778 on: January 28, 2021, 05:28:58 PM »

don't buy that stupid WIP shit. the cotton/canvas work pants are heavier than a regular pant/denim and run long in my experience. Also, there's no freeballing with em because the canvas chafes. Otherwise, they're good pants that last a while. I've got a couple pairs of canvas double knee and a pair of, I guess twill ones. Twill is definitely softer but not as durable, however, try to find that shit 2nd hand on eBay or something because they might be broken in better and far softer/flexible. I found a pair on the sidewalk last week, cleaned em up, and they're comfy as fuck.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Glurmpz

« Reply #779 on: January 29, 2021, 11:55:30 AM »
Round two - made some jeans this time. Tweaked my old pattern a bit for a more relaxed fit, but it still needs a bit of work. Really happy with how they turned out though. Now if I can just figure out why my machine all of a sudden won't zig zag stitch evenly when I'm using top stitching thread - fucking annoying. Had to forego my usual back pocket style for some plain old straight stitching.

Anyone else actually making pants?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpBZ9qFZsE/