Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231237 times)

Fat Tire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #900 on: March 08, 2021, 09:39:54 AM »
Reporting back with the habitat team issue.

For as advertised.

Wait is usually wear a 30 or 32. Went with the 32 here fit like a 32 so I would say tts. Fit pretty much as advertised.

Remind me of the fit of my Cee Blue denim chinos.

Pics below.

These look really nice, thank you for sharing

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #901 on: March 08, 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
I am begging for Butter Goods to give more detail in their sizing charts. Most of them don't even list the inseam. They usually just list the waist and the outer leg length, which doesn't even tell you how long the pants are unless you also know the rise.

I'm fine with the 'skate brands selling baggy jeans for $100' trend, but the brands have to understand that the only people buying those pants are people who are absolutely obsessed with pants. If I'm having $100 pants shipped to me from Australia, I want to know the waist circumference, rise, thigh width, leg length, and leg opening. I'm not buying them unless I'm fairly sure that I know how they're going to fit. They do list most of that stuff on the Santosuosso jeans, but those ones are too baggy for me, and they still don't list the rise (which is essential for me because I have a huge ass and a long torso).
[close]

not to mention that if i pay 100 bucks or more for a pant, i want that pant to be either sustainable, produced fairly, or both. i'm not paying that much to get something that is just on par with say a pair of uniqlo pants.

this is not a knock on butter goods though. i have no idea where they produce actually. i was thinking about getting the philly jeans, but i would rather get a levis stay loose for sustainability or a polar pant for being made in eu.

Haven’t bought new Levis in eons, but the Philly jean denim quality feels better than Polar’s denim. Don’t get me wrong, Polars shit is comfy for sure but it comes broken in like sweatpants. The attention to detail in things like the pockets and drawstring are nice with the Butters. Time will tell on durability, but the quality is there.

I was so happy with them that I was willing to take a chance on their new pant, but god damn are y’all right do they need a size chart. Polar’s size chart for example is real helpful.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #902 on: March 08, 2021, 10:26:37 AM »
^^ That's the thing. The quality looks good, and they have the right idea on the styles/fits, but I'm not spending the money without a better idea of what the measurements are like.

The Philly jeans are cool, but the fit looks pretty extreme. I have XL Polar surf pants, and the Philly jeans have a smaller leg opening, and are bigger in the thighs than the XL surf pants in every size above 30". I'd be interested in the work pants or the 'world' denim, but there's really no sizing info listed for either of them, so I'd just be guessing on the fit.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #903 on: March 08, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
I have a butter “frog denim” jean from 2020 drop that the inseam is 29.5 inches. I always prefer 32 because I like to cuff so I don’t think I will be returning to $100 pants from them again. This pair was also made in China. But I will say the denim is better than polar imo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #904 on: March 08, 2021, 11:41:10 AM »
^^ That's the thing. The quality looks good, and they have the right idea on the styles/fits, but I'm not spending the money without a better idea of what the measurements are like.

The Philly jeans are cool, but the fit looks pretty extreme. I have XL Polar surf pants, and the Philly jeans have a smaller leg opening, and are bigger in the thighs than the XL surf pants in every size above 30". I'd be interested in the work pants or the 'world' denim, but there's really no sizing info listed for either of them, so I'd just be guessing on the fit.

Thats fucked, I can't possibly imagine wanting more thigh room than on XL surf pants, with a smaller leg opening too. The mc hammer vibes sound wayyyy too strong.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #905 on: March 08, 2021, 01:01:00 PM »
I'm just trying to get pants that fit like Brent Atchley's in his prime like elementality days.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #906 on: March 10, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am begging for Butter Goods to give more detail in their sizing charts. Most of them don't even list the inseam. They usually just list the waist and the outer leg length, which doesn't even tell you how long the pants are unless you also know the rise.

I'm fine with the 'skate brands selling baggy jeans for $100' trend, but the brands have to understand that the only people buying those pants are people who are absolutely obsessed with pants. If I'm having $100 pants shipped to me from Australia, I want to know the waist circumference, rise, thigh width, leg length, and leg opening. I'm not buying them unless I'm fairly sure that I know how they're going to fit. They do list most of that stuff on the Santosuosso jeans, but those ones are too baggy for me, and they still don't list the rise (which is essential for me because I have a huge ass and a long torso).
[close]

not to mention that if i pay 100 bucks or more for a pant, i want that pant to be either sustainable, produced fairly, or both. i'm not paying that much to get something that is just on par with say a pair of uniqlo pants.

this is not a knock on butter goods though. i have no idea where they produce actually. i was thinking about getting the philly jeans, but i would rather get a levis stay loose for sustainability or a polar pant for being made in eu.
[close]

Haven’t bought new Levis in eons, but the Philly jean denim quality feels better than Polar’s denim. Don’t get me wrong, Polars shit is comfy for sure but it comes broken in like sweatpants. The attention to detail in things like the pockets and drawstring are nice with the Butters. Time will tell on durability, but the quality is there.

I was so happy with them that I was willing to take a chance on their new pant, but god damn are y’all right do they need a size chart. Polar’s size chart for example is real helpful.
I feel this, this is exactly why I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on those Enjoi Fader jeans. There's no good size chart for them anywhere, not even on Enjoi's website, and because I'm in between sizes I really want to know how something is going to fit on me before I drop $70+ on it.

Skate Warehouse has them in both 28 and 30 and I'm considering ordering one size and exchanging it for the other one if it doesn't work out. Or maybe I'll just order both and return the one that doesn't fit. I just feel bad pulling shit like that with retailers... 

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #907 on: March 10, 2021, 01:01:03 PM »
Anyone got a lead on any pants that look and fit like the carhartt wip aviation pants, but don't cost $135? I need some lighter cargo pants with the leg cinches but not for that price. Saw Atiba skating them on oski's story and now I am desperate for a pair.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2021, 02:19:24 PM »
unrelated to almost all current discussion in this thread but I just wanna say that my Ben Davis' original fits are my favorite pants that I own. baggy and wide as all fuck and the fabric is such a huge step up from dickies. measure your damn waist for sure, they fit exactly true to size unlike some dickies models.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #909 on: March 10, 2021, 03:10:46 PM »
the best cargo pants are levi's carrier cargos, they have a buckle belt w/ reflecto lines on the strap (and cinches at the leg opening). they're becoming hard to find but can still be had on ebay if you're skinny or very fat.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #910 on: March 10, 2021, 04:09:19 PM »
the best cargo pants are levi's carrier cargos, they have a buckle belt w/ reflecto lines on the strap (and cinches at the leg opening). they're becoming hard to find but can still be had on ebay if you're skinny or very fat.
i can agree with this, bought a pair at tj maxx for $15 and they quickly became my favorite pants

Stlfromca

• Rep: 1
« Reply #911 on: March 10, 2021, 06:08:56 PM »
***update*** 5 or so days in with the butter goods herringbone pants. These are by far the most comfortable pants i own. I commonly wear 874, ben davis regular or levi 501 but these are my new favorite/go to. Ive skated in them. The cotton is preety thick and didnt scuff from heelflips etc. Im happy my local has them in black too because i want another pair already.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #912 on: March 10, 2021, 06:35:55 PM »
Anyone got a lead on any pants that look and fit like the carhartt wip aviation pants, but don't cost $135? I need some lighter cargo pants with the leg cinches but not for that price. Saw Atiba skating them on oski's story and now I am desperate for a pair.

just get rothcos or mil surplus bdus. i owned several pairs of aviation cargos over the years and they are basically just that, except they have pressure buttons instead of normal buttons or velcro on their pockets. that price is insane btw. i have one carhartt cargo left that has no cargo pockets anymore max palmer style, is pretty trashed overall, and like 5 years old. i have a camo pattern second hand surplus pair i bought for ten bucks probably about ten years ago. it fits exactly the same, but is thicker and despite me wearing it more often than the carhartt pair, still going super strong. they will outlast the carhartt ones for sure.

generally wip is fucking garbage quality wise if you compare it with similar priced brands. it was alright when they were eu only because it was mad cheaper. since they fooled you americans into buying wip stuff prices have skyrocketed. it's ridiculous. these pants used to be 80 euros way back, now they are at 120 and also much worse quality. they used to go up to 100 5 years ago and everybody was already like "nope, i'm out". 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #913 on: March 11, 2021, 08:50:24 AM »
dungarees.com is great for regular carhartts. they have a lot of factory seconds which have maybe a slight defect that makes them cheaper
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #914 on: March 11, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
dungarees.com is great for regular carhartts. they have a lot of factory seconds which have maybe a slight defect that makes them cheaper
This ^^^ Dungarees.com is like a cheat code. I’ve gotten a bunch of Carhartt factory seconds as work pants over the past year and they’ve all been perfect.

Diocletian

« Reply #915 on: March 11, 2021, 10:44:29 AM »
Unrelated to current discussions as well, if anyone is looking for a loose chino pant that is actually 100% loose fitting and super soft and stretch with every movement, look no furthur than Old Navy's loose chinos. I've had six pairs for a couple months, and I'm about to stock up on more so I never run out of them. They are more comfortable than any Dickies "flex" pant which I wore for the last 5 or so years, and although these are slightly less durable, they are still good quality and have an even more formal look than Dickies. I could sleep in these.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=584174032&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=loose%20chino#pdp-page-content

Don't be fooled by how slim they look in the pics. They are perfectly loose, not merely "relaxed" trying to be passed off as loose. They're legit.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #916 on: March 11, 2021, 11:38:27 AM »
Unrelated to current discussions as well, if anyone is looking for a loose chino pant that is actually 100% loose fitting and super soft and stretch with every movement, look no furthur than Old Navy's loose chinos. I've had six pairs for a couple months, and I'm about to stock up on more so I never run out of them. They are more comfortable than any Dickies "flex" pant which I wore for the last 5 or so years, and although these are slightly less durable, they are still good quality and have an even more formal look than Dickies. I could sleep in these.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=584174032&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=loose%20chino#pdp-page-content

Don't be fooled by how slim they look in the pics. They are perfectly loose, not merely "relaxed" trying to be passed off as loose. They're legit.

Oh shit! You fuckin’ did it! Is the crisis over now? Can we all get some sleep?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #917 on: March 11, 2021, 02:33:24 PM »
Just got a pair of the Levis Stay Loose and they're the dopest jeans I've put on in a while. Baggy with some structure, TTS but loose in the hips, nice coloring and $21 bucks. Definitely feel nice and not like knock off Levis from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #918 on: March 11, 2021, 11:57:31 PM »
I too, got a pair of Levis Stay Loose today! I've given up Polar, because their sizing belongs to the 1990s aswell. I wear a size M Polar Big Boys, and its slightly too big in the waist, I can fit 4 fingers.
And even a Polar '93 in size 34/34 is too short length wise, althought the '93s have a much nicer fit, nicer rear pockets etc.

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #919 on: March 12, 2021, 03:25:29 AM »
Bought a vintage Levis 550. Pretty much the same cut and color as the light blue stay loose, that I once ordered. Wondering if the 550 was the silhouette they took to create the stay loose.Paid less than a quarter of the price tho

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #920 on: March 12, 2021, 04:39:28 AM »

Was thinking of buying these Butter Goods Santosuosso jeans cause my big boys in medium were way too baggy in my opinion.

It looks like Butter Goods heard me asking for those jeans and their newest drop has a pair that fits almost exactly what I'm looking for: https://buttergoods.com/blogs/q1-2021-preview/overdye-denim-work-pants

I've heard a lot of good things about their pants (especially in this thread lol) so I may look into these when they drop. Not stoked that they'll probably be like $100 though...

These look really good too.  :o

Diocletian

« Reply #921 on: March 12, 2021, 07:10:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh shit! You fuckin’ did it! Is the crisis over now? Can we all get some sleep?

Bro I woke up this morning and ordered 5 more pairs. They're on sale for even less than the sale price I paid initially.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #922 on: March 12, 2021, 10:40:46 AM »
I DM'ed Gilbert Crockett about the Ceeblues jeans that he makes and he mentioned that he has a big batch of new jeans coming in that should be online this weekend. I didn't ask for details but I would imagine that it's either this indigo pair:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL-ddyEgRvA/

and/or this lightwash pair:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwvb8sAWtQ/

https://ceebluesstore.com/

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #923 on: March 12, 2021, 11:05:08 AM »

looks like extra promotion and $14 today. Any sizing advice?

Diocletian

« Reply #924 on: March 12, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They fit TTS in the waist. Length seems more like a 31-32 than a 30 but they look great with some cuffs. They didn't offer the 28 length in my large waist size or else I probably would have gone with that.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #925 on: March 12, 2021, 11:33:41 AM »
I DM'ed Gilbert Crockett about the Ceeblues jeans that he makes and he mentioned that he has a big batch of new jeans coming in that should be online this weekend. I didn't ask for details but I would imagine that it's either this indigo pair:

can confirm cee blues is absolutely worth it I. Everything they make. I have 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and a sweater from them and while my wallet hates me - I don’t hate myself wearing these clothes so it’s a win lol

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #926 on: March 12, 2021, 12:06:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
can confirm cee blues is absolutely worth it I. Everything they make. I have 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and a sweater from them and while my wallet hates me - I don’t hate myself wearing these clothes so it’s a win lol

Agreed, I have 2 pants and 2 t shirts. Money well spent

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #927 on: March 12, 2021, 12:43:08 PM »
https://cookmanusa.com/collections/long-pants
Anyone tried these? The fit looks nice and loose with a little taper toward the ankle, but I'm wondering if the material is gonna be light enough for the upcoming Texas summer. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to surf pants and these look pretty great, tons of color and material options, even some cargos and super wide boys if you wanna get your '94 on.

RoadSodas

• Rep: 10
« Reply #928 on: March 12, 2021, 01:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

They fit TTS in the waist. Length seems more like a 31-32 than a 30 but they look great with some cuffs. They didn't offer the 28 length in my large waist size or else I probably would have gone with that.

Just copped a pair of 34x30's, what i usually get in dickies, came out to $22.76 with Shipping and CA tax, stoked.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #929 on: March 12, 2021, 01:31:07 PM »
https://cookmanusa.com/collections/long-pants
Anyone tried these? The fit looks nice and loose with a little taper toward the ankle, but I'm wondering if the material is gonna be light enough for the upcoming Texas summer. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to surf pants and these look pretty great, tons of color and material options, even some cargos and super wide boys if you wanna get your '94 on.

Looks great but damn that leg opening is tiny