Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231287 times)

Diocletian

Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2020, 10:13:44 AM »
When you got huge tree trunk thighs through genetics alone, Levi’s are out. Dickies Loose Fit Flex are the only thing that has worked for me. Cheap, last several years, never shrink just fade, and can be worn in a business casual environment no problem. Those artform cargos look loooooose as hell and super comfy I’m gonna grab some in the near future. Cheers for the review, johnes.

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2020, 10:56:22 AM »
Levis 550's rear pockets make your butt look bad. The pockets are spaced too far from each other.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2020, 11:02:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i got the polar surf pants, loose fit fir sure and comfy. feels so nice too
[close]
how durable are they?
[close]

Not as durable as dickies/carhartts probably but really durable for how soft and lightweight they are. Had a pair for over 2 years, only one tiny rip on the side. Granted I don't send it and eat shit on rough asphalt but still
[close]

i literally just got them this week but they feel a bit more sturdier than they look, not overly thick like dickies/carhartt but thicker than sweatpants and more dense. soft and comfy

shalom

they feel like the thinnest pants i own, but now that i think about it, they've held up pretty well since i've had them. haven't skated them tho.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i got the polar surf pants, loose fit fir sure and comfy. feels so nice too
[close]
how durable are they?
[close]

Not as durable as dickies/carhartts probably but really durable for how soft and lightweight they are. Had a pair for over 2 years, only one tiny rip on the side. Granted I don't send it and eat shit on rough asphalt but still
[close]

i literally just got them this week but they feel a bit more sturdier than they look, not overly thick like dickies/carhartt but thicker than sweatpants and more dense. soft and comfy

shalom
[close]

they feel like the thinnest pants i own, but now that i think about it, they've held up pretty well since i've had them. haven't skated them tho.

yeah I wouldn't really call them sturdy. but they are definitely the most comfortable pants I own.

I treated myself to some of their Denim Chinos around christmas time and they are the nicest jeans I've ever owned and fit is just perfect. the denim is definitely stronger than the surf pants material . similar style of fit though .

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
Levis 550's rear pockets make your butt look bad. The pockets are spaced too far from each other.

Funny you sad that. Today I was putting on my 550s and noticed this. At first I thought it was a defect or something. Still like the pants though.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2020, 03:44:53 PM »
I use to like levi 550s but now I wear levis 569 and simply love these. I've gone through many faces. For a while I only wore volcom pants, then I tried some dc pants and was all about them until I moved on to levis. A while ago I stumbled upon an ebay page where the seller sold pants like emerica, foundation, fourstar, and other brands from the 90's era. I bought a few pair but the only downside has been the cost for shipping.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2020, 04:05:00 PM »
Bonds trackies dacks.. brah

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2020, 12:41:04 AM »
Dickies carpenter Jeans are really good for skating
support your local ramp-tramp

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2020, 01:43:50 AM »
Vans Authentic Glide Pro is my go to at the moment

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2020, 06:46:06 AM »

those look great, wanting to try those now.  a review called them "super dickies". ou get them in store? $69 is kinda steep though?

Water is Nice

• Rep: 3
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:39 AM »
Just chiming in to tell everyone that Polar surf pants are very nice, light, baggy and pretty durable for their thickness and weight. They are pretty expensive tho but if you find them on a sale go for it I really like them.

Diocletian

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
those look great, wanting to try those now.  a review called them "super dickies". ou get them in store? $69 is kinda steep though?

I’ve never bought skate brand stuff besides t-shirts but these pants look super comfortable I would be willing to pay $69 if these are good quality and will last.

Starm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »
Dickies carpenter Jeans are really good for skating
I really like these too, they remind me of the vans chinos but they don't rip as easy.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2020, 03:05:34 PM »
I tried on a pair of the Authentic Glide Pros at my local before eventually getting the Buttergoods Philly S pants.

The Glide Pros seemed pretty well made, had a nice fit and were comfortable but I wasn't wild about the high percentage of polyester in the blend since I'm in a generally warm climate.  They are going to get some black ones in off the next run and that may be enough to convince me to try a pair.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2020, 09:07:01 PM »
Skate - Dickies 874 Flex Fit
Chillin - Levis 569

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2020, 11:49:16 PM »
ive been running some levis 550's that i thrifted, double knee carhartt pants, some carhartt loose fit work jeans, and these nike acg pants i found at an outlet for 60 bucks ( https://www.nike.com/t/acg-mens-trail-pants-XzBrwB) if you can find them for like 60 or less then i would recommend them but u definitely need to go a size down cause they fit fucking huge. theyre great for skating tho, its a durable ripstop material but theyre still lightweight

Jewlien Burford

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2020, 01:56:09 AM »
Bonds trackies dacks.. brah

I back this, tho I run Insport trackies if I'm lurking the local Westfield.

I got the Polar Denim Chinos for Christmas and instantly bought another pair which I was stoked to find on sale. Other than that, Carhartt W.I.P carpenter pants are perfect as well.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2020, 02:28:22 AM »
Does anyone know how the fit of the polar denim chinos compare to their 90, 93 or big boy jeans? And what other differences there are besides the pleats and different shaped pockets. Seem to be sold out everywhere.

Coolhats

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2020, 04:41:54 AM »
Does anyone know how the fit of the polar denim chinos compare to their 90, 93 or big boy jeans? And what other differences there are besides the pleats and different shaped pockets. Seem to be sold out everywhere.

Check them out on the polar site. They have a guide up with the dimensions. I have the 93 jeans and the denim chinos and the chino fit are definitely looser and bigger. They seem to taper in a tiny bit but not as much as the surf pants. I’m a big fan so far. Would definitely buy another pair if I can get a good price. Best loose fit jeans that fit in the waist.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Check them out on the polar site. They have a guide up with the dimensions. I have the 93 jeans and the denim chinos and the chino fit are definitely looser and bigger. They seem to taper in a tiny bit but not as much as the surf pants. I’m a big fan so far. Would definitely buy another pair if I can get a good price. Best loose fit jeans that fit in the waist.

Thanks, how come you like them better than the 93s?

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2020, 10:49:28 AM »
I've got a pair of black Levi's Skateboarding "Baggy" Jeans in 31 x 30 that I'm trying to get rid of. Brand new with tags, never worn outside of trying them on. Nice baggy fit, kind of similar to Polar surf pants but in a black acid wash-y kind of finish. Down to let them go for cheap, just shoot me a message.

Coolhats

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2020, 01:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just like the fit better. The 93 kind of fit like a slightly looser Dickies 874

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
best play to buy 874 flex? been rocking the 874 Core (i think theyre called, lower rise which is way better)
or a comparable option, maybe a bit thicker weight?

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just like the fit better. The 93 kind of fit like a slightly looser Dickies 874

Thanks. So far I've found the 93s to fit better than the big boys and 90s though I did size up slightly for it. Denim chinos sound like they'd be perfect going true to size so hopefully they stay sold out otherwise I'll have to spend even more money on jeans I don't need.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2020, 01:46:41 PM »
best play to buy 874 flex? been rocking the 874 Core (i think theyre called, lower rise which is way better)

What color? Walmart near me has black, blue, grey, khaki for under $20. for brown I would say direct from dickies
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2020, 05:25:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The label on the flex and the label on the regulars have the same exact materials (and percentage) for the he dickies at my walmart. I think they just all can be called “flex” because of polyester???

What color? Walmart near me has black, blue, grey, khaki for under $20. for brown I would say direct from dickies
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
The label on the flex and the label on the regulars have the same exact materials (and percentage) for the he dickies at my walmart. I think they just all can be called “flex” because of polyester???

[close]
yeah kinda confused by the Walmart labeling too bc I grabbed the core version not flex of the 874 and they just have a more comfortable waist, sit lower which is welcomed.

Diocletian

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2020, 07:58:36 PM »
Walmart sells a cheaper quality type of Dickies called “Genuine Dickies”. If the pants don’t have the same type of tag as the legit 874 Flex, I wouldn’t trust it to be the same quality. I’ve always ordered direct from Dickies and with standard shipping it’s always taken just two days to arrive. You can usually find an online coupon code for 20% off.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2020, 08:18:31 PM »
My Walmart Dickies have always been great and long lasting. I would get the basic cheap ones and the ones labeled with flex. go a size up from your waist and they are pretty comfy.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.