Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231317 times)

ZeGerms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2020, 12:48:03 AM »
I like Wrangler Cargos recently (relaxed fit). Nice twill pants that fit perfectly loose, and only 25$ on amazon.

Donald Rump

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2020, 01:12:28 AM »
I like the Polar 93's would like to try the surf pants but they are expensive.

I recently got some DC relaxed tapered jeans and they are great, can be had for cheap too. Similar size to the 93's but are pleated and taper in more.

https://www.dcshoes.com/worker-relaxed-fit-tapered-jeans-191282563854.html#q=Relaxed+taper+jeans&start=1&hitcount=1

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2020, 06:03:29 AM »
Walmart sells a cheaper quality type of Dickies called “Genuine Dickies”. If the pants don’t have the same type of tag as the legit 874 Flex, I wouldn’t trust it to be the same quality. I’ve always ordered direct from Dickies and with standard shipping it’s always taken just two days to arrive. You can usually find an online coupon code for 20% off.

I typically go direct with Dickies, although I have experienced a lot of those sale codes don't work on 874 models but the codes that dickies send out with orders will. Fast shipping also.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Diocletian

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2020, 07:17:51 AM »
Yeah they throw in 20% off coupons with every order so I can use it on the next one. But my dickies last me several years so it ends up expiring. I don’t really care for anything else they have to offer. I’ve tried shirts and hoodies from them and they fit weird.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »
Yeah they throw in 20% off coupons with every order so I can use it on the next one. But my dickies last me several years so it ends up expiring. I don’t really care for anything else they have to offer. I’ve tried shirts and hoodies from them and they fit weird.

I usually order 4 pairs of pants every fall 1-Black, 1-Grey, 1-Brown, 1-Olive. When it starts to get warm I hack them into shorts. Been on this cycle for a few years now.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2020, 11:54:13 AM »
I'm intrigued by WIP but I live in a small city so I never get to see the stuff in person. I do love regular old carhartt clothing though. Is the sizing the same? I wear an XL in other brand t shirts but somehow the Carhartt M 100% cotton pocket t shirt is perfect on me.

I cant speak for the shirts but the pants fit bigger than usual for sure. Im generally a 34, but go 36 on most pants for fit, but the WIP 36s fit like a 38 even after washing/drying. theyre huge.

ballintoohard

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »
Vans Glide Chinos are dope. The satin interior feels great except when it is humid and they're decently cheap.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2020, 12:48:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm intrigued by WIP but I live in a small city so I never get to see the stuff in person. I do love regular old carhartt clothing though. Is the sizing the same? I wear an XL in other brand t shirts but somehow the Carhartt M 100% cotton pocket t shirt is perfect on me.
[close]

I cant speak for the shirts but the pants fit bigger than usual for sure. Im generally a 34, but go 36 on most pants for fit, but the WIP 36s fit like a 38 even after washing/drying. theyre huge.

They have measurement guides on both sites. WIP is a bit slimmer. I have a standard carhartt vest in a small and a WIP vest in a medium. They both fit exactly the same. I would say WIP is closer to the rest of fashion on sizing and standard carhartt is for burley dudes on job sites/have space to allow for layering

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

same, maybe it varies from model to model but have some carpenter pants that ended up being overly large, i thought they'd run small. the opposite was true.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2020, 08:13:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

same, maybe it varies from model to model but have some carpenter pants that ended up being overly large, i thought they'd run small. the opposite was true.
i have a couple pairs of WIP pants and a t-shirt and it all runs big, there's measurements for only some of the items on their website, ssense.com has a lot of measurements for WIP stuff too
also everyone's talking about the surf pants but they pale in comparison to the polar karate pants, that's the real good shit

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2020, 10:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
i have a couple pairs of WIP pants and a t-shirt and it all runs big, there's measurements for only some of the items on their website, ssense.com has a lot of measurements for WIP stuff too
also everyone's talking about the surf pants but they pale in comparison to the polar karate pants, that's the real good shit

Would you say they're pretty much surf pants without the taper? Or are they entirely different?

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2020, 11:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Would you say they're pretty much surf pants without the taper? Or are they entirely different?
they’re different, the karate pants are straight leg and canvas, they also have two velcro back pockets

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2020, 01:32:07 PM »
Chef wear is having a buy one get one free sale. Their pants are fairly comfortable and loose enough to skate in. Just got two pairs of the rip stop ones.

https://www.chefwear.com/

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2020, 03:24:37 PM »
Anyone ever wear Red Kap pants? Their website has lots of different fits and colors for reasonably cheap but I'm nervous to give it a try.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »
I've stopped by the Goodwill mid session between spots a few times and go through tons of $5 pants. I've ripped so many through the knee and blown out the seat. Oddly, I really liked black Old Navy Loose Ultimate Built-In Flex Chinos. Dickies are decent and everyone knows that. Most other pants get a hole in the knee after a mission (not session) or two.

I'm also advocating for the RVCA weekend pant. Really liked them but lost them traveling.

The other night, I hit a wet spot while taking a turn around a hill and rolled around in the Nike SB Flex pant in olive and surprised I didn't put a scratch on them. I went to the Nike outlet and found some clearance SB pants, hoping they'll hold up as well.

Polar Surf pants are great. I have the ones with the blue illustration over them. Feel great and look neato.

All of these are loose enough to wear long underwear under them too for winter skating. It might stick out the bottom but I don't really care.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2020, 08:43:41 PM »

I recently got some DC relaxed tapered jeans and they are great, can be had for cheap too. Similar size to the 93's but are pleated and taper in more.

https://www.dcshoes.com/worker-relaxed-fit-tapered-jeans-191282563854.html#q=Relaxed+taper+jeans&start=1&hitcount=1

Good looks, just got some of those DC relaxed tapered jeans in blue on Amazon for 15 bucks. Fit looks promising.

edit: nice quality, fit is real good, a tiny bit baggier than 93s. Though the leg opening is smaller than the 93, tapers towards the very end.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:24:23 PM by tzhangdox »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2020, 05:43:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good looks, just got some of those DC relaxed tapered jeans in blue on Amazon for 15 bucks. Fit looks promising.

edit: nice quality, fit is real good, a tiny bit baggier than 93s. Though the leg opening is smaller than the 93, tapers towards the very end.
amazon link? Sound good
Just grabbed volcom frickin 17 in brown yesterday at local. 17” leg opening and relaxed rise/regular fit seem decent pretty thick but some stretch
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:46:24 AM by jay_nev »

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2020, 06:25:31 AM »
Just got some Polar surf pants for cheap (compared to usual price) and they are pretty awesome. They feel and fit a lot like the Chef wear pants I listed above and also a lot like martial arts pants (specifically worn in Kung fu or Karate pants).

I would not ever pay full price for them, but if I can find them for $30/40 I’d grab them again

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2020, 01:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
amazon link? Sound good
Just grabbed volcom frickin 17 in brown yesterday at local. 17” leg opening and relaxed rise/regular fit seem decent pretty thick but some stretch

Just look up DC Men's Worker Relaxed Taper but it seems like I might have gotten really lucky with a pricing error as it seems to have already gone up.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
amazon link? Sound good
[close]

Just look up DC Men's Worker Relaxed Taper but it seems like I might have gotten really lucky with a pricing error as it seems to have already gone up.
yeah I noticed, nice pick up!

smokeybear

• Rep: -12
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2020, 04:21:17 AM »
the polar cord pants and jeans have a really great fit! i´ve heard there´s a lot of pros from other brands that prefer polar jeans than the ones they are given...

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2020, 05:07:07 AM »
550 are the jeans. Also levis stf are good as well, especially if you upsize. Just dont ever wash them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:14:15 AM by drunk guy »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2020, 06:49:34 AM »
the polar cord pants and jeans have a really great fit! i´ve heard there´s a lot of pros from other brands that prefer polar jeans than the ones they are given...
feel like i saw reynolds on his IG story mentioning he had a bunch of shit in his trunk to give away. 11.5 shoes and size 36 pants and thought i saw a pair of Polar pants in a quick vid he was shuffling through a box

Uncle Gavone

• Rep: 3
  • just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2020, 07:25:27 AM »
Went to Walmart over the weekend and copped some Rustler jeans for 12$ (made by wrangler)
Regular fit feels nice, loose/durable and won't break the bank.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2020, 07:27:32 AM »
Went to Walmart over the weekend and copped some Rustler jeans for 12$ (made by wrangler)
the relaxed fit is good too, they have a slight taper. Unfortunately you get what you pay for with these though and they lose their shape relatively quickly and dump out.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2020, 07:30:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
feel like i saw reynolds on his IG story mentioning he had a bunch of shit in his trunk to give away. 11.5 shoes and size 36 pants and thought i saw a pair of Polar pants in a quick vid he was shuffling through a box

Tiago on the big boys too

Uncle Gavone

• Rep: 3
  • just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2020, 07:36:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the relaxed fit is good too, they have a slight taper. Unfortunately you get what you pay for with these though and they lose their shape relatively quickly and dump out.
I'll make sure to run sensitive washes and air dry mine then, thanks dude

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2020, 07:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'll make sure to run sensitive washes and air dry mine then, thanks dude
Definitely. In terms of quality youre not missing out on much in comparison to levis in 2020. Levis have honestly gotten pretty poor and have incorporated stretch to almost everything which doesnt age well ether.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2020, 08:22:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Tiago on the big boys too

I wonder if he give them away duo to length. I'm 6,4, and none of the Polar jeans fit me in terms of length.