Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231275 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2020, 11:50:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I know they're not the loosest fit, but anyone skate dickies 67 work pants? I need to know if the waist is true to size or if you need to go up one like on the 874s.
[close]

idk about the work pant but I have the '67 slim straights and as much as I love them, the fit really varies with the color. I have a bunch of pairs and some are kinda baggy and a couple are almost skinny.

Dickies has the worst QC, their auditors must just be like "yup those are pants, PASS!". No two pairs of Dickies fit the same, they're like fucking snow flakes or finger prints no two alike.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2020, 12:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I know they're not the loosest fit, but anyone skate dickies 67 work pants? I need to know if the waist is true to size or if you need to go up one like on the 874s.
[close]

idk about the work pant but I have the '67 slim straights and as much as I love them, the fit really varies with the color. I have a bunch of pairs and some are kinda baggy and a couple are almost skinny.
[close]

Dickies has the worst QC, their auditors must just be like "yup those are pants, PASS!". No two pairs of Dickies fit the same, they're like fucking snow flakes or finger prints no two alike.

Super frustrating. Just ordered some 874s for the first time in ages and ended up getting multiple sizes so I can try them on and see what works (if any).

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Super frustrating. Just ordered some 874s for the first time in ages and ended up getting multiple sizes so I can try them on and see what works (if any).

I like 501s (not really for skating) and they can be quite different.
I’m pretty amazed that I can be as old as I am and so unsettled in so many ways, clothing styles being one of them.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2020, 12:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m pretty amazed that I can be as old as I am and so unsettled in so many ways, clothing styles being one of them.

I have a pair of 501s from a thrift store that are perfect. I bug out about pants and always want them to be consistent. I usually wear Levis skate work pants, but it seems like they're not really being made anymore so I am kind of bugging out and trying to find a new go-to chino that is kind of loose and straight but also not super baggy.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have a pair of 501s from a thrift store that are perfect. I bug out about pants and always want them to be consistent. I usually wear Levis skate work pants, but it seems like they're not really being made anymore so I am kind of bugging out and trying to find a new go-to chino that is kind of loose and straight but also not super baggy.

The Levi skate chino was really well made, overbuilt even.
Every person in my life my age thinks I look dumb in dickies 874s. So I feel you on the not super baggy. I’ve given up on pants that I look appropriate in vs pants to skate in.
I should just wear rothco’s and Jordan’s and be done with it.

animalflesh

« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2020, 02:18:26 PM »
Volcom loosie thrifter pants kinda fit that bill but are cropped sorta

Vans embarcadero are also comfy and good for skating and taper decently

Domestics chinos are awesome

Cintas comfort pants

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »

Cintas comfort pants

I really need to try some domestics pants.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly most of the pairs I have I'm fine with. I don't really like my pants THAT baggy and most of them are pretty straight with a taper. Like some are a little more slim than the others, but I specifically have a navy blue pair in the same size as the others that are too tight to skate in comfortably. For what it's worth the couple duplicate pairs I have of the same color fit pretty much the same. But like if you saw me wear my brown ones, my navy ones and my khaki ones they would all look like completely different pants, haha.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2020, 02:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly most of the pairs I have I'm fine with. I don't really like my pants THAT baggy and most of them are pretty straight with a taper. Like some are a little more slim than the others, but I specifically have a navy blue pair in the same size as the others that are too tight to skate in comfortably. For what it's worth the couple duplicate pairs I have of the same color fit pretty much the same. But like if you saw me wear my brown ones, my navy ones and my khaki ones they would all look like completely different pants, haha.

When you put it like that, I guess It's not too surprising. Levi's has done that same thing forever with their Jeans. Even with the nicer skate-branded 501s, the fit varies with the color.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »
Yeah, while Dickies are my chino of choice, most of my denim is Levi's and I've had a similar predicament, haha. But  man, when they're right they're riiiiiight.

animalflesh

« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

They’re the best and bulletproof too

Oh and a friend has the altamont Ryan lay pants and loves them so that’s another for the list

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2020, 03:29:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

How do domestic pants fit? I saw a few comments from a few years back saying they fit like dickies/definitely aren't that loose. A few pants on their site look quite good.

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »
Anybody know what the deal is with these?

https://www.vans.com/shop/embarcadero-pant-military-khaki?variationId=Military%20Khaki#hero=2

Looks good, but I’m afraid they may be TOO loose. I don’t want to look like goofy boy. I just want comfy pants.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »

https://www.vans.com/shop/embarcadero-pant-military-khaki?variationId=Military%20Khaki#hero=2

Looks good, but I’m afraid they may be TOO loose. I don’t want to look like goofy boy. I just want comfy pants.

I've got a pair of the XL khaki ones that I recently dyed green. They're very similar to XL Polar surf pants, but a tiny bit slightly roomier in the thigh area, and the leg opening is a bit smaller so theres a hair more taper in the vans ones. Overall I prefer the surf pants fit, but they're almost the same, in fact they're so similar I'd say using the dimensions here as reference should be fine: https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/pants/products/surf-pants-new-navy-1, just take off about half an inch from the "1/2 bottom leg" measurement
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:58:41 PM by tzhangdox »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2020, 05:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

[close]

How do domestic pants fit? I saw a few comments from a few years back saying they fit like dickies/definitely aren't that loose. A few pants on their site look quite good.

One of my locals has them and is doing curbside, considering going to pick up a pair this week and will report back.

WideFeet

« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2020, 05:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've got a pair of the XL khaki ones that I recently dyed green. They're very similar to XL Polar surf pants, but a tiny bit slightly roomier in the thigh area, and the leg opening is a bit smaller so theres a hair more taper in the vans ones. Overall I prefer the surf pants fit, but they're almost the same, in fact they're so similar I'd say using the dimensions here as reference should be fine: https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/pants/products/surf-pants-new-navy-1, just take off about half an inch from the "1/2 bottom leg" measurement

Thanks for the feedback! I’m liking the Embarcadero pant better, because they look more like a the fabric they use for chinos. Do the Embarcadero pant have a drawstring? I’m assuming so, since they have the elastic waistband.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2020, 05:18:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the feedback! I’m liking the Embarcadero pant better, because they look more like a the fabric they use for chinos. Do the Embarcadero pant have a drawstring? I’m assuming so, since they have the elastic waistband.

Yes there's a drawstring. I like the material on both, though I'd probably give the edge to surf pants as they're a little bit more comfortable.  Surf pants are cotton and I've had several pairs over the years and they've all lasted super long and been amazing to skate and chill in. I haven't actually worn the vans ones thaaat much so can't attest to durability but the quality feels great and I'm sure they'll be good.

Looking side by side, it seems like the threads are a little finer on the vans ones than the polar surf pants. Both are super thin and perfect for summer and great for spring/autumn too, just probably a bit thin for super cold winter sessions where denim would be more appropriate.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:03:39 PM by tzhangdox »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2020, 06:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

[close]

[close]

One of my locals has them and is doing curbside, considering going to pick up a pair this week and will report back.

Domestics is just a sick company.
I really need to be more mindful about spending money with a company like that, or DOA, instead of getting so hyper focused about minute details and then just buying the same old from wack big companies

WideFeet

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2020, 10:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes there's a drawstring. I like the material on both, though I'd probably give the edge to surf pants as they're a little bit more comfortable.  Surf pants are cotton and I've had several pairs over the years and they've all lasted super long and been amazing to skate and chill in. I haven't actually worn the vans ones thaaat much so can't attest to durability but the quality feels great and I'm sure they'll be good.

Looking side by side, it seems like the threads are a little finer on the vans ones than the polar surf pants. Both are super thin and perfect for summer and great for spring/autumn too, just probably a bit thin for super cold winter sessions where denim would be more appropriate.

You rule man! Thank you!

WideFeet

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2020, 10:49:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I really need to be more mindful about spending money with a company like that, or DOA, instead of getting so hyper focused about minute details and then just buying the same old from wack big companies

I really love Domestics also. I’ve never had anything from them, and always forget about them somehow. I think it’s because I try not to buy pants, because I have so many pairs. I really shouldn’t be on this thread.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2020, 05:37:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What size do you wear in regular pants to convert to XL in the surf pants/Embarcadero pants? I've been in a toss-up between both, and I'm not sure about size. I know Polar posted measurements of the surf pants, but neither brand has a size conversion chart (i.e. 'if you wear size 36, buy size Large in these').

Jhoneon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2020, 08:48:58 AM »
hy........i did't like to wear the loose pants. I'm study in australia and in our university almost all students like to wear the fit pants and stretchable pent.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2020, 08:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What size do you wear in regular pants to convert to XL in the surf pants/Embarcadero pants? I've been in a toss-up between both, and I'm not sure about size. I know Polar posted measurements of the surf pants, but neither brand has a size conversion chart (i.e. 'if you wear size 36, buy size Large in these').

Why do you need a chart? There's no size standard, in other words, a 36 in Levis might fit smaller then 36 Polar.
And Polar does have a chart with measurments... Ez

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2020, 09:49:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm 6 5 with a true waist of 34, but I always size up to 36 ish give or take otherwise most pants are pretty slim on me. Depends on the pant lol

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2020, 09:56:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do you need a chart? There's no size standard, in other words, a 36 in Levis might fit smaller then 36 Polar.
And Polar does have a chart with measurments... Ez

I get that the same size would be different across two brands, but if they're following the numerical sizing format, you can at least take an educated guess. The S/M/L/XL format is a little more vague. The chart on the Polar site says L is 22" across the waist and XL is 23", but that would convert to sizes 44 and 46 in numerical sizes. I know they're made to fit loose, but those are full on big & tall store sizes - I don't think someone with a 44 inch waist would fit comfortably in size L Polar pants.

I'm 6 5 with a true waist of 34, but I always size up to 36 ish give or take otherwise most pants are pretty slim on me. Depends on the pant lol

This helps - thanks!

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Domestics chinos are awesometheyre good ! not the loosest pants but definitely solid, I would go up a size in the waistline. Definitely hang dry. super comfortable.

Cintas comfort pants
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I really love Domestics also. I’ve never had anything from them, and always forget about them somehow. I think it’s because I try not to buy pants, because I have so many pairs. I really shouldn’t be on this thread.
theyre good ! not the loosest pants but definitely solid, I would go up a size in the waistline. Definitely hang dry. super comfortable.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:57:08 AM by drunk guy »

Jhoneon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »
hy........i did't like to wear the loose pants. I'm study in australia and in our university almost all students like to wear the fit pants and stretchable pent.

Brother Wass

• Rep: -4
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2020, 12:49:24 PM »
I didn't have the patience to read through the whole thread so forgive me if these have already been mentioned... I find the top 3 in my opinion would have to be Levis 550, Levis Silvertab Baggy fit, and Polar Big Boys. Big Boys are very pricey but have an unmatched fit. Silvertabs can be hard to find, but you could find some on depop for around 50 bucks. 550s are everywhere, a crisp black pair of 550s is godly.
HAVE A GOOD TIME!

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2020, 04:27:27 PM »

I love stretchable pent.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-relaxed-wide-fit-pants-425782.html?dwvar_425782_color=COL32&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=81&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

I copped a pair of these in red and just got them today. They're nice and loose, high waisted, and made out of a lightweight fabric that seems like it'll be nice for hot summer days. I would imagine that they're a little similar to the Polar surf pants or the Vans embarcadero pants, but maybe less tapered and more cropped. I'd recommend them for sure.