Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231255 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »
man this beings me back to...I think 90? Where I found a rack of Girbauds at a discount store...$40 a pair.... I bought three pairs....and over the next year or so, bleached and rit dyed them.

Pretty sure the Girbauds were the prototype for a bunch of skate jeans, they had the little loop for the belt. 

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2020, 07:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans embarcadero pants are my current favorites (Polar surf pants close second) and are on sale at the moment. They do an extra 30% off if you are signed up for their email I think

https://www.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VFSearchDisplay?storeId=10153&catalogId=10703&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&searchSource=Q&sType=SimpleSearch&searchTerm=embarcadero+pant
[close]

Good looks! ordered a pair and super digging the fit! I may just order another pair of these.I wish they had them in Navy.
[close]

No problem! For sure, Navy would be awesome. I already had one pair of black from eBay and grabbed three pairs of green from this sale. The color isn’t for me but I figured they were cheap and I don’t think it will be too hard to dye them

Actually saw your review that you left on the website! I'm planning to dye them myself. I went to go visit my friends at their parents place and the dad asked me if I just got done with my shift thinking that I was a nurse when he saw me wearing these pants haha!

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans embarcadero pants are my current favorites (Polar surf pants close second) and are on sale at the moment. They do an extra 30% off if you are signed up for their email I think

https://www.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VFSearchDisplay?storeId=10153&catalogId=10703&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&searchSource=Q&sType=SimpleSearch&searchTerm=embarcadero+pant
[close]

Good looks! ordered a pair and super digging the fit! I may just order another pair of these.I wish they had them in Navy.
[close]

No problem! For sure, Navy would be awesome. I already had one pair of black from eBay and grabbed three pairs of green from this sale. The color isn’t for me but I figured they were cheap and I don’t think it will be too hard to dye them
[close]

Actually saw your review that you left on the website! I'm planning to dye them myself. I went to go visit my friends at their parents place and the dad asked me if I just got done with my shift thinking that I was a nurse when he saw me wearing these pants haha!

Haha exactly why I’m dying them. I have a green pair of the Polar surf pants and I always get the urge to do CPR when I’m wearing them 😂

WeenisVonHugeDick

« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2020, 11:53:20 PM »
These are or scrubs

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha exactly why I’m dying them. I have a green pair of the Polar surf pants and I always get the urge to do CPR when I’m wearing them 😂
Found some on sale in black and I ordered myself a pair.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/product/vans/clothing/casual-trousers/embarcadero-cotton-drawstring-trousers/17428787259523782

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2020, 12:38:54 PM »
I thrifted some Levi's 550s, and they doesnt seem to have that ugly rear pocket spacing. Only newer 550's have that ugly rear pockets?

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2020, 01:40:18 PM »
for my bros who own Polar pants, can you let me know which models are the slimmest to baggiest?  like is 93>90>surf pant>big boys?

also are any of their pants lightweight?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2020, 02:24:01 PM »
for my bros who own Polar pants, can you let me know which models are the slimmest to baggiest?  like is 93>90>surf pant>big boys?

surf pants are super lightweight. Their canvas pants options Im sure are pretty light too.

Slimmest to baggiest out of those options:
90s, 93s/surf pants, big boys.

Surf pants vs 93s depends on what size you get specifically, they fit a bit different. Surf pants have a lot of thigh room but taper a good amount down at the leg opening, 93s taper too but it looks straighter. They have size charts on their site if you want to compare the details.

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2020, 02:32:28 PM »
thanks alot man

Vintagebody

« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »
Polar's size chart is very legit too. Compared to many other brands who's sizes are all over the place

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2020, 07:30:10 AM »
also worth noting on the polar pants, In my experience the light wash version of each jean is slightly bigger then the other colors. Not sure why this is but Ive had 2 pairs of light wash big boys and one pair of 93 and compared to other colors of their respective jeans they all fit noticably bigger

Vintagebody

« Reply #311 on: June 26, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
I ordered a pair of Surf Cords. Size XL, it says 42cm waist, which is rather narrow for XL?
Oh well... Perfect for me :D Even Polar 32 is a little too big for me in the waist.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #312 on: June 26, 2020, 02:17:26 PM »
any short people out there wearing polar pants? what are the inseam lengths like? i'm 5'7 for reference

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #313 on: June 26, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »
any short people out there wearing polar pants? what are the inseam lengths like? i'm 5'7 for reference
they have size charts for everything on the site

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #314 on: June 26, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »

I wear size S surf pants and I don’t need to cuff them. For reference, I am 5’8 and a 30” inseam is too long so I usually need to hem. But, polar luckily has short inseams.

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #315 on: June 26, 2020, 05:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wear size S surf pants and I don’t need to cuff them. For reference, I am 5’8 and a 30” inseam is too long so I usually need to hem. But, polar luckily has short inseams.

Aside from cuffing which I do with my polar surfpants. Drycleaners will seam your pants for $10

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #316 on: June 26, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dope. How do they fit on you w no cuff? Bunched up a little or what? I'm 5'7

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #317 on: June 26, 2020, 07:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Dope. How do they fit on you w no cuff? Bunched up a little or what? I'm 5'7

They don’t bunch up for me, I believe the inseam is 27” for a Small.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2020, 07:06:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

polar luckily has short inseams.
no they don't. I'm 5'7  and i have surf pants and big boy pants and two cuffs is absolutely necessary.

Fernandito

• Rep: -77
« Reply #319 on: June 27, 2020, 04:35:46 AM »
I’m a 32x32 - am I SOL if I want a regular, non-cropped fit in cord surf pants? What’s the inseam on larges like?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:38:27 AM by Fernandito »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2020, 05:05:09 AM »
Have we talked about theories cargos yet? Are they good?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #321 on: June 27, 2020, 05:22:39 AM »

Pretty sure it was confirmed that they're rebranded Rothcos.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2020, 06:13:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure it was confirmed that they're rebranded Rothcos.

They teased some new cargoes in their IG story in the last day or so that looked kind of interesting.  Supposed to be online and in shops next week.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2020, 08:02:55 AM »
I’m a 32x32 - am I SOL if I want a regular, non-cropped fit in cord surf pants? What’s the inseam on larges like?
I’m 5”10 and wear 32x32 pants, larges fit me pretty perfect. Mediums are a tad short, but not too short.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2020, 03:15:35 PM »

Their size chart says 30 inseam for size L, but the inseam measurement starts at the crotch, and the cut of them is pretty high-waisted, so it would depend on how you wear them. They'll only actually fit like a 30 inseam if you pull them up near your belly button. I have them in XL, and would say they fit a little longer than the chart says because of the long rise (the distance from the waistband to the crotch). You should be fine in the L's unless you plan to wear them pulled up pretty high.

Vintagebody

« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2020, 11:09:27 PM »
Inseam + Crotch = Pants length, roughly.
So a size L Surf pants is 31" in length
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:11:36 PM by Vintagebody »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2020, 05:08:49 AM »
I thrifted some Levi's 550s, and they doesnt seem to have that ugly rear pocket spacing. Only newer 550's have that ugly rear pockets?

Not sure what you mean by that but I got a new pair of 550's recently and they look pretty normal?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2020, 08:57:37 AM »
Anyone got a pair of those "x-large 91 pant" ..  they look good just don't trust the sizing

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2020, 09:46:35 AM »
Anyone got a pair of those "x-large 91 pant" ..  they look good just don't trust the sizing

The fit looks weird to me, wide enough but too cropped for my liking.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

surf pants are super lightweight. Their canvas pants options Im sure are pretty light too.

Slimmest to baggiest out of those options:
90s, 93s/surf pants, big boys.

Surf pants vs 93s depends on what size you get specifically, they fit a bit different. Surf pants have a lot of thigh room but taper a good amount down at the leg opening, 93s taper too but it looks straighter. They have size charts on their site if you want to compare the details.

Wait, I got two pairs of surf pants and just got my first pair of 93s (love ALL of them to death) and thought the 90s would be baggier than 93?