Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231267 times)

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #450 on: September 24, 2020, 04:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Think I'm gonna try a pair of these
[Magenta OG denim]
[close]

Damn, I got super psyched and immediately looked these up as pleated pants usually lay really well and they're made in Europe and all that.. I found some fit pictures tagged on Magenta's instagram and they're a lot baggier than I thought.

I'm looking for some pants that are more of a "balloon fit", if anyone has tips. Ideal would be something like what Al Davis wears in his Mother part at 1:40
*Mother part link* 

*Al motherfuckin Davis*

Any recommendations besides Polar 93 denim?
[close]

Ben davis or carhartt carpenter jeans Id even maybe size up on the waist a little

Thanks for the input! I don't really like the carpenter jeans look though, mostly looking for classic jeans-style.. I'll keep hunting

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #451 on: September 24, 2020, 05:43:29 AM »
Balloon fit is kinda... difficult to find. Just look for a tapered jean, or get make a tailor taper them for you. Its not too expensive.
Carhartt Newel is the most balloon like pair I have, but they are not very baggy per say.
Argubly the safest & best fitting jean for most people.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2020, 08:01:17 AM »
what Ben Davis style is the baggiest? or the most lightweight?

Baggiest is definitely gorilla fit, but the og fit is also pretty baggy. Id say theyre all pretty heavyweight though.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[Magenta OG denim]
[close]

Damn, I got super psyched and immediately looked these up as pleated pants usually lay really well and they're made in Europe and all that.. I found some fit pictures tagged on Magenta's instagram and they're a lot baggier than I thought.

I'm looking for some pants that are more of a "balloon fit", if anyone has tips. Ideal would be something like what Al Davis wears in his Mother part at 1:40
*Mother part link* 

*Al motherfuckin Davis*

[close]

Ben davis or carhartt carpenter jeans Id even maybe size up on the waist a little
[close]

Thanks for the input! I don't really like the carpenter jeans look though, mostly looking for classic jeans-style.. I'll keep hunting

I know theyve been mentioned in here a lot of times but Levis silvertab baggy may be the best for that, Can usually find em pretty cheap on depop/ebay/poshmark etc. Id go with your true waist size on those as theyre already pretty baggy to begin with. Nice tapered fit though and definitely have the balloon fit look

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2020, 09:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
what Ben Davis style is the baggiest? or the most lightweight?
[close]

Baggiest is definitely gorilla fit, but the og fit is also pretty baggy. Id say theyre all pretty heavyweight though.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[Magenta OG denim]
[close]

*Mother part link* 

*Al motherfuckin Davis*

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know theyve been mentioned in here a lot of times but Levis silvertab baggy may be the best for that, Can usually find em pretty cheap on depop/ebay/poshmark etc. Id go with your true waist size on those as theyre already pretty baggy to begin with. Nice tapered fit though and definitely have the balloon fit look

I'll be on the lookout, thanks a lot man!

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #454 on: September 24, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »
Balloon fit is kinda... difficult to find. Just look for a tapered jean, or get make a tailor taper them for you. Its not too expensive.
Carhartt Newel is the most balloon like pair I have, but they are not very baggy per say.

I had a bunch of Shorty's jeans at the end of the 90s and they were the best. Even the Birdhouse jeans fit good (see Reynolds in the End... that look). Levi's 550s kinda have it but not to the same degree

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2020, 01:34:39 PM »

I hear you, thanks.. It's hard, cause tapered pants are usually not that relaxed in the thighs so it just comes off as slim or "carrot fit". I'll keep lookin, I might get the carhartt double knees anyway..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 03:02:12 PM by Deekay »

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2020, 12:04:28 AM »
Silvertabs are tapered if that might help.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #457 on: September 25, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
Well I went in blind on these Levis engineered baggy tapered....and theyre odd. For fuction theyre perfect for skating as roomy where you need it and tapered so no drag, and theyre flexy as well and great strong material. But the seam in the middle of the sneakers twisting awkwardly, one back pocket, and overall fit seems off. I am a levis low loose guy, polar surfpants, older silvertabs. Maybe you may be and theyre on sale down from $100 to $48...but I just cant get used to that seam in the front

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/levis-engineered-jeans-570-baggy-taper-jeans/p/727770009

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #458 on: September 25, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »
Well I went in blind on these Levis engineered baggy tapered....and theyre odd. For fuction theyre perfect for skating as roomy where you need it and tapered so no drag, and theyre flexy as well and great strong material. But the seam in the middle of the sneakers twisting awkwardly, one back pocket, and overall fit seems off. I am a levis low loose guy, polar surfpants, older silvertabs. Maybe you may be and theyre on sale down from $100 to $48...but I just cant get used to that seam in the front

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/levis-engineered-jeans-570-baggy-taper-jeans/p/727770009

Yeah I had those too, but in a much darker wash so I didn't notice the twisty seam until a few wears in. Was pretty hyped on the fit at first but then it started to bother me, probably didn't help that my pair was a bit on the short end for me too.

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/levis-engineered-jeans-570-baggy-taper-jeans/p/72. 7770009
[close]

Yeah I had those too, but in a much darker wash so I didn't notice the twisty seam until a few wears in. Was pretty hyped on the fit at first but then it started to bother me, probably didn't help that my pair was a bit on the short end for me too.

Yeah. I have the dark dark blue wash ones too. The cuff, if you cuff, makes the seam very visible. Just looks weird with the cuff seam in the middle of my feet and theyre fine if you dont mind that, just a lil weird design and not my best looking jeans but the design is great for skating with the extra area on top, flex material and taper. I may just skate in these since I wore them for a few sessions.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #460 on: September 26, 2020, 05:55:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hear you, thanks.. It's hard, cause tapered pants are usually not that relaxed in the thighs so it just comes off as slim or "carrot fit". I'll keep lookin, I might get the carhartt double knees anyway..

just saying, carhartt double knees are kind of wack to skate in imo. bought em for work mainly, but of course went skating with them to style on everyone. they look great, but unless they are 5 years old, they are too thick and stiff to skate in. maybe good for the winter. one thing that straight sucks is that the rivets will fuck your leg up when you slam.

ben davis gorilla cut is obnoxiously baggy, like raver-, i can't see my shoes, where the fuck are my feet?-baggy. seriously, i bought a pair on a whim because they were going for a tenner and i could barely see the tip of my shoes. cut em into shorts.

al davis skates carhartt carpenters for sure, the regular denim might be a bit softer than the duck material on the double knee pant. i'm talking workwear here, not w.i.p. forgot the double knee item no. (b-51?)

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2020, 09:18:38 AM »
I got some STANDARD ISSUE Slacker pants for work. SO comfortable... just wish they had back pockets. Maybe some belt loops.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2020, 10:28:55 AM »
Anyone know what Justin Henry is always wearing ?

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2020, 11:25:20 AM »
First one on the list
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/08/25/skate-pants-recommendations-pros-friends/
1. Vans Authentic Chino Glide
2. Quasi Fatigue Pants
3. Henry's Rounded Jean

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
First one on the list
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/08/25/skate-pants-recommendations-pros-friends/
2. Quasi Fatigue Pants
3. Henry's Rounded Jean
Well screw me that’s one hell of an answer.

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2020, 12:52:59 PM »
So has anyone tried the Huf Boyd's?? Would like to cop something from them and the pants are looking great

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2020, 06:52:57 PM »
got old navy loose fit pants 1 size up and they are pretty good

No comply

• Rep: 0
« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2020, 07:53:25 PM »
How do the original 874s compare to the flex 874s as far as fit and quality? Dickies tend to pill rather quick.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2020, 08:00:29 AM »
Volcom Billow pants
Really baggy / loose denim

That's the one Simon Bannerot is rocking all the time

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2020, 08:11:21 AM »
Silvertabs are tapered if that might help.

silvertabs are b0ss

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2020, 09:17:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

just saying, carhartt double knees are kind of wack to skate in imo. bought em for work mainly, but of course went skating with them to style on everyone. they look great, but unless they are 5 years old, they are too thick and stiff to skate in. maybe good for the winter. one thing that straight sucks is that the rivets will fuck your leg up when you slam.

ben davis gorilla cut is obnoxiously baggy, like raver-, i can't see my shoes, where the fuck are my feet?-baggy. seriously, i bought a pair on a whim because they were going for a tenner and i could barely see the tip of my shoes. cut em into shorts.

al davis skates carhartt carpenters for sure, the regular denim might be a bit softer than the duck material on the double knee pant. i'm talking workwear here, not w.i.p. forgot the double knee item no. (b-51?)

Thanks for the input. You got the duck canvas ones though? I like my shit ttthick but I can't imagine skating in that material, you can seriously get dragged behind a car for 6 miles without them ripping... The denim ones look like they have a lot more mobility, too bad I can't see them in store anywhere.

And yea, workwear line is the way to go for Carhartt. I heard Edwin Jeans has the license for WIP (but not 100% sure) and its overpriced trash nowadays.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #471 on: September 30, 2020, 10:26:07 PM »
Thanks for the input. You got the duck canvas ones though? I like my shit ttthick but I can't imagine skating in that material, you can seriously get dragged behind a car for 6 miles without them ripping... The denim ones look like they have a lot more mobility, too bad I can't see them in store anywhere.

And yea, workwear line is the way to go for Carhartt. I heard Edwin Jeans has the license for WIP (but not 100% sure) and its overpriced trash nowadays.

yeah, it's the unwashed duck double knee.

crazy, i thought w.i.p. was it's own thing. not sure if they are related to edwin in my country. have to look into this. some of the w.i.p denim looks really good on websites and people, too, but i'm also not sure if the quality holds up compared to a pair of the workwear stuff. w.i.p used to be pretty good a few years back. back then it was also harder here to find actual carhartt workwear, since carhartt didn't really sell it here. totally different now since w.i.p is also outside of europe you get the whole workwear line without problems here, too. before that you had to look for special workwear shops and those would sometimes only sell to you if you have a job certificate and stuff. so you could often only get carhartt workwear if you'd work in construction or something and your boss could order some. or at least it was hard to find and there was little range to be had. this all changed in the last ten years.

what i heard a long time ago that w.i.p was basically a german dude licensing carhartt designs to sell them as streetwear in germany/europe and it went from there, but i have no idea who owns or runs it now or if it is actually part of carhartt for real.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #472 on: October 01, 2020, 04:35:42 AM »
How do the original 874s compare to the flex 874s as far as fit and quality? Dickies tend to pill rather quick.

874 Flex are awful. The fabric looks shiny and cheap, doesn't actually stretch, and shrinks like crazy in the wash. I didn't wear my pair enough to see, but I assume they don't hold up long because they're noticeably thinner than the regular ones.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #473 on: October 01, 2020, 07:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
First one on the list
2. Quasi Fatigue Pants
3. Henry's Rounded Jean
[close]

i can confirm the Vans Chino Glide pro pants are fantastic
hardly art, hardly starving

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #474 on: October 01, 2020, 07:53:50 AM »
Found two pair of obey pants - one big boy and the other a work pant, both super baggy - TJ MAXX with the homie hookup.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #475 on: October 01, 2020, 08:18:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
First one on the list
2. Quasi Fatigue Pants
3. Henry's Rounded Jean
[close]

[close]

i can confirm the Vans Chino Glide pro pants are fantastic
yeah they are. only thing bugs me at times is the shoelace belt integrated inside. Gets in the way a bit zipping and closing the pants, but its nice to have to not grab a belt. But theyre great otherwise and thats a small complaint. Looks like the just released it in dress blue too

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #476 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »
Im looking at the size chart for the polar ‘93 denim, and it says the waist for a size 30 is 17 inches across. So that means a 30 is a true 34? Seems kinda crazy, do they fit that big in waist?

Crap

« Reply #477 on: October 02, 2020, 10:16:06 AM »
Im looking at the size chart for the polar ‘93 denim, and it says the waist for a size 30 is 17 inches across. So that means a 30 is a true 34? Seems kinda crazy, do they fit that big in waist?

In most brands, the size on the tag is a couple inches smaller than the actual measurement - it's called 'vanity sizing,' and almost every brand does it. The 93's are made to fit loose, but I would say they also run a little bigger than average. I have them in 36, and they fit more like 38's in the waist, so 30's probably fit like 32's in other brands. I would get your regular size or one size down, depending on how loose you want them to be. If you're unsure, I would say take a tape measure to a pair of pants you like and compare it to the Polar chart.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #478 on: October 02, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
Hey I know this has been asked around but if I wear 36 waist pants with a belt what size should I get with big boys? I’m torn between medium and large.

Crap

« Reply #479 on: October 02, 2020, 10:42:51 AM »
Speaking of Polar 93's, I found a pretty good alternative for people looking for a cheaper option. 'Barrel jeans' from Gap - https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=604867002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=barrel%20jeans#pdp-page-content. I have both, and the fit is very similar. If you have the 93's, order 1 size up in the waist and the same length. Compared to regular pants, order your regular waist size and 1 size up in the length.