Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231201 times)

ldmch11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #480 on: October 02, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Im looking at the size chart for the polar ‘93 denim, and it says the waist for a size 30 is 17 inches across. So that means a 30 is a true 34? Seems kinda crazy, do they fit that big in waist?
[close]

In most brands, the size on the tag is a couple inches smaller than the actual measurement - it's called 'vanity sizing,' and almost every brand does it. The 93's are made to fit loose, but I would say they also run a little bigger than average. I have them in 36, and they fit more like 38's in the waist, so 30's probably fit like 32's in other brands. I would get your regular size or one size down, depending on how loose you want them to be. If you're unsure, I would say take a tape measure to a pair of pants you like and compare it to the Polar chart.

Appreciate this, all I needed to know

Benchpress

• Rep: 9
« Reply #481 on: October 03, 2020, 07:21:51 AM »
Really sorry if this has been spoken about before, but what are people's thoughts on the big boys? Are they too over the top baggy?

I usually wear a size 34, and can't find a accurate size guide online, would a medium be correct? Cheers!

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #482 on: October 04, 2020, 10:50:16 AM »

cant kickflip but can tre

« Reply #483 on: October 04, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »
For anyone in Japan, I recommend these
https://www.gu-global.com/jp/ja/products/E327766-000/00?colorCode=29

They're basically a Polar Surf Pant. Nice and lightweight too

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #484 on: October 04, 2020, 11:37:00 AM »

do these guys ship itl? those look sick. no clue how much that is in my currency though, ha.

EDIT: holy crap, these are only 13 bucks a pair. i'd buy a few actually.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #485 on: October 04, 2020, 01:45:33 PM »
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/stay-loose-cottonized-hemp-mens-jeans/p/290370005

these fit real good and tapered well and gradual like surfpants

What's the fabric like? I ordered these but cancelled cause I imagined the hemp would make them feel less hard wearing. I like my shit sturdy.

cant kickflip but can tre

« Reply #486 on: October 04, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

do these guys ship itl? those look sick. no clue how much that is in my currency though, ha.

Unfortunately they only ship to Japan. They’re Uniqlo’s sister company so I hope they make something similar in Uniqlo’s lineup. Luckily bought two pairs before coming back for school. Should’ve bought more though

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #487 on: October 04, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Unfortunately they only ship to Japan. They’re Uniqlo’s sister company so I hope they make something similar in Uniqlo’s lineup. Luckily bought two pairs before coming back for school. Should’ve bought more though
thanks for the reply. we have uniqlo over here, maybe they will offer something similar.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #488 on: October 06, 2020, 05:30:57 PM »
https://www.adidas.com/us/striped-chino-pants/ED6596.html
Just found these at Ross for cheap and I am pleased. From the skate line and you notice quality as soon as you touch them, reminds me of the Levi skateboarding line. They aren’t tapered but fit like the classic dickies I was wearing everyday 20 years ago

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2020, 06:05:24 PM »
Speaking of Polar 93's, I found a pretty good alternative for people looking for a cheaper option. 'Barrel jeans' from Gap - https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=604867002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=barrel%20jeans#pdp-page-content. I have both, and the fit is very similar. If you have the 93's, order 1 size up in the waist and the same length. Compared to regular pants, order your regular waist size and 1 size up in the length.
JEANS promo code takes $25 off these. They’re button fly?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2020, 08:32:04 PM »
If have the athletic fits and they are decent...have stretch in them too....strangely the back ones feel tighter.

With the barrels I'd buy the 34 and cuff them or hem them.

Don't you guys get AOS pop up on insta all the time? 

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #491 on: October 07, 2020, 07:42:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Speaking of Polar 93's, I found a pretty good alternative for people looking for a cheaper option. 'Barrel jeans' from Gap - https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=604867002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=barrel%20jeans#pdp-page-content. I have both, and the fit is very similar. If you have the 93's, order 1 size up in the waist and the same length. Compared to regular pants, order your regular waist size and 1 size up in the length.
[close]

Yeah, button fly - I forgot to mention that. I don't have a fly preference, but I know some people do.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #492 on: October 09, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ordered these because they ended up being 20 bucks plus tax. As a member of Team Thiccboi, can confirm they give you room like a 90's skate jean, but fit at the waist. Would say if you wanted extra baggy, go a size up.
Get litty.....

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »
After buying Levis 550s over and over on eBay I finally caved and bought some Polar 93s.

I'm into them, crotch drops a little lower and they stay far straighter throughout than a 550.

I think in the past 93's were overly cropped compared to the advertised length but now fit true to to size. I'm 6' 2" and these 32 30s are just are just the right length for me..maybe a little short for some but nothing too drastic.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:45:50 AM by Roald Dahnkle »

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »
Any one try the carhartt relaxed tapered fit? Any info on them or carhartt in general?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »
Any one try the carhartt relaxed tapered fit? Any info on them or carhartt in general?

Size up... ordered my regular size and they turned into highwaters that I couldn't even button after the first wash.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
I got the stonewash jeans in my usual size. They're slimmer than I expected, and the waist fit a little tighter as well. There was a little too much taper for my liking with the pants stacking on top of most of my shoes vs. fitting over them, which is usually my preference. Overall, they're kinda like a slightly roomier 501.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #497 on: October 11, 2020, 04:01:24 PM »

I don’t know about the tapered fit but I’ve been into a Carhartt buying spree pant wise so I’ll give my 2 cents. I got like 4 pairs in less than half a year and been rotating them daily. (I’m usually a 30w/32L for reference)

1 pair of double knees in nylon (30/32).
The collab with PoP trading co, relaxed straight fit with basically no taper. Love the look but a bit too stiff and sweaty for skating IMO. The twill/corduroy  is probably better to skate in...

1 pair of master pants in twill (30/32).
To me a best fitting answer to Dickies 574’s and maybe my fav skate pants right now. Relaxed straight fit that tapers a bit under the knee. They broke in super quick and are mad comfortable.

and 2 pairs of Simple pants, one in Light Denim (30/32) and other in Twill (31/32)... I thought they should fit the same, but I found the Twill to feel a bit slimmer, so I got a size up than usual and now they fit and look really similar to the Master pants I got. Actually maybe a tiny bit more tapered at the bottom. The Denim version looks and feels baggier to me dunno why, but I love them like that.

I think I will keep buying Carhartt pants for a while...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #498 on: October 11, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »
+1 to you all. Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll go size up on the relaxed tapered but def going to check out the master pant.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #499 on: October 11, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Ordered these because they ended up being 20 bucks plus tax. As a member of Team Thiccboi, can confirm they give you room like a 90's skate jean, but fit at the waist. Would say if you wanted extra baggy, go a size up.
ordered a set as well. 36x32. Dunno if I should’ve gone longer but will have to see when they come
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:17:48 AM by jay_nev »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #500 on: October 11, 2020, 10:34:50 PM »
Read in the John Shanahan interview about Pangea.....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 09:55:09 AM by j....soy..... »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2020, 09:01:04 PM »

just got some of these, and for someone who likes fitted pants with a little extra room, these are great.  mine are a little long, so I'll probably cut them and hem them myself if i can figure it out. 

also toying around with looser cuts for skating, and just got a pair of the Carhartt Logger Jeans, and they're awesome.  lots of room and wide leg opening, without feeling like I have fabric flapping everywhere.  got a size up from my usual. 

https://dungarees.com/carhartt-103890-rugged-flex-relaxed-fit-utility-logger?&cs=FRT&size=&cid=21

got a pair of the Duck Double Knee pants and they fit way too big for my taste; might take them in to get tapered, or might just try to get used to them
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »
My fav pair atm is Carhartt Newel. Fits bigger then Levi's. So I need a size 31/32 waist. Length is bad tho. Only 105cm in size 32

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »
I found some pristine 90's Tommy Jeans at the thrift for $9
They fit so perfect. Nice, roomy, and not stiff like a lot of vintage jeans. They got a nice bit of baggage but fit more like 1995 than 1998. Very excited on these.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #504 on: October 15, 2020, 10:46:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know about the tapered fit but I’ve been into a Carhartt buying spree pant wise so I’ll give my 2 cents. I got like 4 pairs in less than half a year and been rotating them daily. (I’m usually a 30w/32L for reference)

The collab with PoP trading co, relaxed straight fit with basically no taper. Love the look but a bit too stiff and sweaty for skating IMO. The twill/corduroy  is probably better to skate in...

To me a best fitting answer to Dickies 574’s and maybe my fav skate pants right now. Relaxed straight fit that tapers a bit under the knee. They broke in super quick and are mad comfortable.

and 2 pairs of Simple pants, one in Light Denim (30/32) and other in Twill (31/32)... I thought they should fit the same, but I found the Twill to feel a bit slimmer, so I got a size up than usual and now they fit and look really similar to the Master pants I got. Actually maybe a tiny bit more tapered at the bottom. The Denim version looks and feels baggier to me dunno why, but I love them like that.

Found a good discount on the simple pants online, and thinking about pulling the trigger seeing that the fit sounds similar to the Dickies 574's (which fit me well, but I'd like to get that fit in a little nicer quality/fabric). A big plus on the 874's for me is the high waist/long rise - are the simple pants similar in that way? I usually size up 2" in the waist on Dickies, but I'm assuming the Carhartts would not require that?

Vintagebody

« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
I ordered a pair Polar Big Boys size M. I've had the '93s, but sold them duo to being waaaay too big in the waist. I have issues with finding good length duo to my long legs, and Big Boys seems to be longer in length at same waist size.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #506 on: October 15, 2020, 01:29:22 PM »
I ordered a pair Polar Big Boys size M. I've had the '93s, but sold them duo to being waaaay too big in the waist. I have issues with finding good length duo to my long legs, and Big Boys seems to be longer in length at same waist size.

Whats your waist size? The 36x34 93s fit me good besides being way too big in the waist and I'm contemplating getting some medium big boys. Had some XL big boys and sometimes I felt like I could pull them off but they were honestly ridiculous sometimes lol.

Vintagebody

« Reply #507 on: October 15, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »
Proper waist size is between 30-32, depending on brand. Polar runs big. I'd need a size S in Big Boys, or 28/30 in '93 for it to fit close to not needing a belt. I'm fine with wearing pants too big in the waist, but when its bunching up alot with a belt, its simply not comfy, and looks stupid aswell

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #508 on: October 15, 2020, 04:20:10 PM »
Carhartt B11. The Newel pant and Simple pant are Carhartt WIP, the streetwear brand of the same name that's half as tuff and three times the price. Can usually find some B11s for real cheap on ebay secondhand, and they're already softened up and preshrunk, so no weird shrinkage issues etc.
Another good one is the Levis Silvertabs. Again, find them cheap secondhand on ebay, as they're a vintage 90s style. Nice and roomy through the thigh, crotch not too low, and a nice even taper so they sit nicely on your shoes. Great for skating. B11's are good too but very straight. If you like highwaters with a slim shoe, B11's will suit you.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #509 on: October 15, 2020, 04:33:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Found a good discount on the simple pants online, and thinking about pulling the trigger seeing that the fit sounds similar to the Dickies 574's (which fit me well, but I'd like to get that fit in a little nicer quality/fabric). A big plus on the 874's for me is the high waist/long rise - are the simple pants similar in that way? I usually size up 2" in the waist on Dickies, but I'm assuming the Carhartts would not require that?

From my previous experiences the 574’s don’t fit me TTS which is a 30 waist, I would probably have to go with a 32w to not have my waist too constricted. On the Carhartt ones I have I got a 30waist in the Denim and 31w in the Twill. Tbh I could go with a 30 on both but I felt that the twill was a tad slimmer so I sized up just a bit. Both feel really nice anyway... 👌

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP