Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 232520 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #570 on: November 24, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
Expand Quote
really want to try those uniqlo cords but I'm worried they'll fit like capri pants on me. any one know what the length of a size 34w would be ?
[close]
On their size chart it says the inseam for a 34 is 28.75
Best bet is to probably size up and have them sag down so they reach the bottom
damn man I wear a 34 inseam, gonna look for some of those club room cords Ryan Lay was talking about in that article. Thank you for the response the size chart looked all wonky on my phone browser.

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #571 on: November 24, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
These are looking super interesting. Measurements for the 34" seem a bit narrow though.

https://thankyousupply.com/products/copy-of-new-deal-big-deal-indigo-jeans?variant=32883763773503

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #572 on: November 24, 2020, 10:58:16 AM »
^

saw these and thought they look sick, but no idea where to find in eu. they might be a bit too baggy for me though.

fadedpastels

• Rep: 6
« Reply #573 on: November 24, 2020, 11:04:39 AM »
Speaking of Polar 93's, I found a pretty good alternative for people looking for a cheaper option. 'Barrel jeans' from Gap - https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=604867002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=barrel%20jeans#pdp-page-content. I have both, and the fit is very similar. If you have the 93's, order 1 size up in the waist and the same length. Compared to regular pants, order your regular waist size and 1 size up in the length.
These are $22 with the black friday sale going on now. Anyone else got any opinions on these? Deciding between these or some levi's stay loose jeans.

bighead

« Reply #574 on: November 24, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Speaking of Polar 93's, I found a pretty good alternative for people looking for a cheaper option. 'Barrel jeans' from Gap - https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=604867002&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=barrel%20jeans#pdp-page-content. I have both, and the fit is very similar. If you have the 93's, order 1 size up in the waist and the same length. Compared to regular pants, order your regular waist size and 1 size up in the length.
[close]
These are $22 with the black friday sale going on now. Anyone else got any opinions on these? Deciding between these or some levi's stay loose jeans.

Literally bought the GAP jeans seconds after seeing this post... Thanks for that!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #575 on: November 24, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Literally bought the GAP jeans seconds after seeing this post... Thanks for that!
bought 36x32 and I returned them, weren't long enough for me but I'm tall. probably going to try the 34" length. Button fly is kind of a bummer though. Also it doesn't say much about the "tall" sizing difference?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #576 on: November 24, 2020, 01:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
bought 36x32 and I returned them, weren't long enough for me but I'm tall. probably going to try the 34" length. Button fly is kind of a bummer though. Also it doesn't say much about the "tall" sizing difference?

Hows the thigh room/taper etc compared to other pants? do you have to size up much?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #577 on: November 24, 2020, 01:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hows the thigh room/taper etc compared to other pants? do you have to size up much?
Felt roomier than the Vans authentic chino glide but same waist size.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #578 on: November 24, 2020, 02:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Bought these a while ago and love em. Not quite as roomie as the 93's, but still big. Taper is perfect for me, but I'm short. For 22 bucks, you literally can't go wrong.
Get litty.....

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: November 24, 2020, 02:10:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Bought these a while ago and love em. Not quite as roomie as the 93's, but still big. Taper is perfect for me, but I'm short. For 22 bucks, you literally can't go wrong.

How does taper and leg opening compare to 93s? 36x34 93s fit me great, except the waist is too big. 34x34 fit good and true waist but I'd like them to be a little roomier. If I got a 36x34 in these, do you think they'd look more like 36 or 34 93s

Quasi

• Rep: -27
« Reply #580 on: November 24, 2020, 02:52:11 PM »
New Deal Pantsin are back

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #581 on: November 24, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
Just got my Levi’s 550s in the mail. Really liking the fit with the slight taper. Honestly would not be mad if there was a fit that was still relaxed in the thighs and butt and tapered at the bottom even more kinda like sweatpants style. Still definitely recommend it even more than the 569s. I’m a size 34 waist usually but I got 36 and it would not have fit if I’d gone any smaller

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #582 on: November 24, 2020, 11:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

How does taper and leg opening compare to 93s? 36x34 93s fit me great, except the waist is too big. 34x34 fit good and true waist but I'd like them to be a little roomier. If I got a 36x34 in these, do you think they'd look more like 36 or 34 93s
They def taper more than the 93's. If you like em with a little extra room, id go with the 36 waist. Mine Gap jeans fit a little tighter at the waist than my 93's, but just barely, and then the thigh and calves are perfect, and then it tapers. My wife hates em, so I know they're good  :D :D :D
Get litty.....

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #583 on: November 24, 2020, 11:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
They def taper more than the 93's. If you like em with a little extra room, id go with the 36 waist. Mine Gap jeans fit a little tighter at the waist than my 93's, but just barely, and then the thigh and calves are perfect, and then it tapers. My wife hates em, so I know they're good  :D :D :D

got some 36x34s! Thanks

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2020, 05:40:35 AM »
they aren’t back until the release them in different shades of colors you vomit

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2020, 06:43:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Slightly more tapered than the 93's. I have the Gap ones in 38x32 and the 93's in 36x32. I took measurements on both (laid flat on the ground) to compare.

Gap
Waist: 19.5"
Rise: 14"
Inseam: 27.5"
Thigh: 14"
Leg opening: 8"

Polar '93
Waist: 20"
Rise: 13"
Inseam: 28.5"
Leg opening: 9"

I have short legs, so I have to do one roll-up on the cuff on the 93's, but the 32" inseam is just right in the Gap ones. They're not the exact same fit, but very close if you get the sizing right. Definitely go up 2" in the length from what you normally wear. I find the Gap ones a little more comfortable to skate in, probably due to the slightly higher rise. I still like the Polar ones, but I find myself wearing the Gap ones more just because I don't want to worry about wrecking some $100 pants.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #586 on: November 25, 2020, 06:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Slightly more tapered than the 93's. I have the Gap ones in 38x32 and the 93's in 36x32. I took measurements on both (laid flat on the ground) to compare.

Gap

Polar '93

I have short legs, so I have to do one roll-up on the cuff on the 93's, but the 32" inseam is just right in the Gap ones. They're not the exact same fit, but very close if you get the sizing right. Definitely go up 2" in the length from what you normally wear. I find the Gap ones a little more comfortable to skate in, probably due to the slightly higher rise. I still like the Polar ones, but I find myself wearing the Gap ones more just because I don't want to worry about wrecking some $100 pants.

Thanks, leg opening sounds a bit small but still manageable, Inseam sounds really short though, perhaps I could have gotten the 36x36. Hopefully won't have to exchange. Thank u!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #587 on: November 25, 2020, 08:49:47 AM »
I'll say it again.....leg opening...the wheelbase of pants...

I skate the athletic tapers and got them really long and they aren't bad...they have stretch which I like.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #588 on: November 25, 2020, 09:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gap

Polar '93

[close]

Thanks, leg opening sounds a bit small but still manageable, Inseam sounds really short though, perhaps I could have gotten the 36x36. Hopefully won't have to exchange. Thank u!
just got the gap ones myself. I ordered a 30 length because that’s what I wear in every other brand, but I could’ve benefitted from ordering a 32 length. Maybe it’s just the cut of them that makes it feel strange
fuck you bama

bighead

« Reply #589 on: November 25, 2020, 09:35:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they aren’t back until the release them in different shades of colors you vomit

Excited to get these in the mail!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #590 on: November 25, 2020, 09:37:08 AM »
I'll say it again.....leg opening...the wheelbase of pants...

I skate the athletic tapers and got them really long and they aren't bad...they have stretch which I like.

Hahaha, yes! No matter how you like your pants to fit the leg opening is the secret sauce that is the make or break.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #591 on: November 25, 2020, 12:19:57 PM »
just got the gap ones myself. I ordered a 30 length because that’s what I wear in every other brand, but I could’ve benefitted from ordering a 32 length. Maybe it’s just the cut of them that makes it feel strange

Yeah, I wear a 30 inseam in most pants. I originally got 30 inseam in the Gap ones, but exchanged them for 32's. The rise is pretty high, though - if you wear them lower on your waist, you may still be good with the 30's.

For me, the rise is the wheelbase of pants. I have a long torso and short legs (I'm 6' tall, but only wear 30" inseams) - a lot of pants fit me like 2003 Britney Spears jeans because the rise is too low.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #592 on: November 25, 2020, 03:25:16 PM »
Anyone know who makes pastel or bright solid cargos? I’m tired of black, grey, olive, tan.

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #593 on: November 25, 2020, 05:11:08 PM »
I do. However, legally speaking, I cannot comment on their current whereabouts.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #594 on: November 26, 2020, 12:17:09 AM »
Anyone know who makes pastel or bright solid cargos? I’m tired of black, grey, olive, tan.

get tan ones, bleach em, recolor.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #595 on: November 26, 2020, 08:24:55 AM »
Copped a few vans, domestics, butter goods pants from the seasons sale. Damn good finds and prices on there! Baggy bois for life

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #596 on: November 26, 2020, 08:30:18 AM »
Copped a few vans, domestics, butter goods pants from the seasons sale. Damn good finds and prices on there! Baggy bois for life
vans chino glide pro for $50 is good highly recommended pant

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #597 on: November 26, 2020, 08:33:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
vans chino glide pro for $50 is good highly recommended pant
bro seriously. I wear my chino glide pros for work and skate my baggys. Best of both worlds

JamesFardy

• Rep: 66
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #598 on: November 26, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
Anyone familiar with the difference between the dickies  873 and 874 ? I have a few pairs of the 874 but Nothing of the 873, they SEEM similar.

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #599 on: November 26, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »
874's sit on the waist and 873's sit below the waist. 873's are also slimmer in the thigh. I think the leg opening on the 873's might be slightly smaller?? Not too sure on that