Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231260 times)

Trilogy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -232
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #630 on: December 12, 2020, 02:35:07 AM »
even if the pants are baggy and oversized I still like my pants with a little stretch, theres a comfort you cant match when that is the case.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #631 on: December 12, 2020, 07:33:45 AM »
Definitely because if you sweat you still have some give.  I'm liking jeans this winter over dickies because they are a bit warmer....summer...ill prolly wear something thinner. 

Diocletian

« Reply #632 on: December 12, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »
If anyone is interested in four pairs of Vans Authentic Chino Glide Pro pants in 38 waist shoot me a PM. They aren’t as stretchy as I thought they would be but overall very durable with a loose fit. I only wore one of the four pairs casually, not skating. Other three have only been laundered, so they’re all basically still new.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #633 on: December 12, 2020, 05:21:38 PM »
Been getting back into Ben Davis. Same size in Ben's is way baggier than Dickies.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #634 on: December 13, 2020, 04:56:37 AM »
If anyone is interested in four pairs of Vans Authentic Chino Glide Pro pants in 38 waist shoot me a PM. They aren’t as stretchy as I thought they would be but overall very durable with a loose fit. I only wore one of the four pairs casually, not skating. Other three have only been laundered, so they’re all basically still new.
if only 36...

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #635 on: December 13, 2020, 05:50:02 AM »

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #636 on: December 13, 2020, 06:06:58 AM »
Are militery cargo pants considered "loose fit"?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #637 on: December 13, 2020, 07:53:45 AM »

they make slim fit ones nowadays, but the standard ones are loose, but i wouldn't say baggy. unless you size up. i think m65 cargos are baggier than bdu cargos and acu cargos are a lil slimmer and tapered.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #638 on: December 13, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they make slim fit ones nowadays, but the standard ones are loose, but i wouldn't say baggy. unless you size up. i think m65 cargos are baggier than bdu cargos and acu cargos are a lil slimmer and tapered.

I'm running the Vietnam era Tiger stripe and OD "jawns" in medium. Guess I'm on the loose wagon  8)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #639 on: December 13, 2020, 08:57:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm running the Vietnam era Tiger stripe and OD "jawns" in medium. Guess I'm on the loose wagon  8)
nice, i dig vietnam tiger stripe, actually think it's one of the cooler camo patterns. classic bdu pants for me is where it's at. i have this pair i bought second hand at a thrift shop over ten years ago, that pant is the sturdiest piece of clothing i ever had. haven't found another one like this since then, they are all thinner, or rip stop. the one i have is like carharrt carpenter pant thick and seems to be og military stuff.

i got a carhartt wip cargo pant for free once and that one was ok, a little softer, but the second hand one is still miles better. and i cut off the pockets because it had these knoblets to close the pocket and that shit hurt when you fell on it while skating. actually managed to run one of these into my leg once, same thing happened when i was skating in carpenters and had a stud shooting me in the upper leg. shit looks like bullet holes now. not shalom.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #640 on: December 14, 2020, 12:32:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Got these two pairs on black friday for 25€ each from Bershka. Not sure if this store exists outside Europe tho.
These are by far the biggest pairs I ever owned. I usually go with 874's but these are a new level of bagginess. Weirdly the black pair is way to tight on my waist.

[close]
they look sick! whats that model called?

anyways, I´m thinking of buying those Dickies EDS Scrub pants! anyone ever tried them? They look good on the pictures and seam to be as light and comfortable as the Polar Surf pants. I usually wear size 34 or 36 in waist, should I go with M or L?
https://www.dickies.com/scrubs/mens-eds-signature-cargo-scrub-pants/81006.html

i have a bunch of pairs of the dickies scrubs from when I was in Lab tech school, and i liked them a lot.  a little baggy for my taste, but this is the loose pants thread, so I think these would be what a lot of people are looking for. I'm a solid 36 and I wore large.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #641 on: December 15, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »
Has anyone had quasi fatigue pants? Or know of any clips with them? They look good on paper, a 36 seems like a polar 93 in 34 with a bit more taper, but in pics they look pretty slim.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #642 on: December 16, 2020, 12:31:05 AM »
Has anyone had quasi fatigue pants? Or know of any clips with them? They look good on paper, a 36 seems like a polar 93 in 34 with a bit more taper, but in pics they look pretty slim.
I can’t describe how they fit, but I absolutely love mine I have the charcoal and blue joints. They aren’t by any means skinny and have good stretch/movement- made of good quality

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #643 on: December 16, 2020, 01:06:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can’t describe how they fit, but I absolutely love mine I have the charcoal and blue joints. They aren’t by any means skinny and have good stretch/movement- made of good quality

Would you be able to post a pic with the charcoal ones? Any other pants you'd say they're similar or compare to? Good to know they aren't skinny, but my legs fill pants out a lot somehow, so even straight pants tend to look slim on me. Not after anything super baggy, but relaxed is ideal.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #644 on: December 16, 2020, 06:21:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds good i've been thinking about trying them aswell.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #645 on: December 17, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »
Got some Polar Karate pants. XL. They fit is pretty much an XL surf pant with much less taper. Surf pants have a huge amount of thigh room, but the taper makes the manageable, though from certain angles they can look a little bit mc hammer ish.

Karate pants don't have that problem, but because there's much less taper, they look a lot bigger overall. These are a bit much for me, a L would have been better but would have been too short. Possibly gona try tailor it and slim it down by a fingernails width. Good material though and very comfortable. Can't really find any clips of people skating in them unlike other polar pants.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #646 on: December 17, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »
Got some $115 pants... Possibly gona try tailor it

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #647 on: December 17, 2020, 01:56:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Another way to frame it would be. “Spent $115 on pants I really thought would work, they didn’t end up checking all the boxes and now I’m determined to make them work because they were $115.”
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #648 on: December 17, 2020, 02:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Another way to frame it would be. “Spent $115 on pants I really thought would work, they didn’t end up checking all the boxes and now I’m determined to make them work because they were $115.”
[/b]

Correct.

Also, and I don’t know this to be the case with Polar, but spending a little bit more, on quality items that have hopefully been made in a more responsible way, and purchasing less often, well that’s gotta be the way to go.
Respectfully

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #649 on: December 17, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol ran me about $65, paying retail for polar pants is ridiculous.

Glurmpz

« Reply #650 on: December 19, 2020, 03:37:22 PM »
I normally wear 33x32 in the Old Navy ultimate straight chino, which is loose but not super baggy. Tried out a pair of their relaxed jeans and they fit amazing - definitely baggier than the chinos. Today I picked up some Dickies relaxed cargos from Walmart for $40, in navy blue. They're too baggy in the lower leg so I got the sewing machine out and tailored them to a better fit, and reinforced the ass seam for good measure since they don't for some reason. Probably my first pair of Dickies since the early 90's. Would prefer 100% cotton but I like the basic design. Some cargos have too much going on.

Side note: I assume the Walmart Dickies are a lower tier product. These feel pretty cheap and the 32x32's I got were so tight in the waist I took them back for a 34x32, and when I tried them on they were the exact same size. Must have been mis-labeled in the factory, haha. I have a knack for finding fucked up product.

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #651 on: December 19, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »
I just got 2 pairs of the CCS Plus Relaxed Chino Pants and liked them so much I ordered 2 more. They are on sale for 2 for $65 and free shipping. They are thick and sturdy pants but soft with a perfect amount of stretch. Nice loose fit and super comfortable. The fit is true to size on me. 

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #652 on: December 19, 2020, 06:10:23 PM »
Whenever Volcom has sales I look at the fricken modern stretch chinos and size up from 32 to 33. They're probably still the best pants I've ever worn/skated in.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #653 on: December 22, 2020, 01:17:09 PM »
those gap barrel jeans are the truth. just copped another pair while they're still an additonal 50% of

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #654 on: December 22, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »
those gap barrel jeans are the truth. just copped another pair while they're still an additonal 50% of
been wearing mine a lot. Just dislike the button fly. Need to grab the black now

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2020, 04:56:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
been wearing mine a lot. Just dislike the button fly. Need to grab the black now
Only downside for me too well that and the high rise but I exchanged them for a longer inseam and those worked out really great.

Diocletian

« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
I'm kind of in a pants limbo right now trying to find something good. Holidays has everything sold out everywhere, but I just need a flat front chino type pant that is actually loose in the butt and thighs with a high amount of stretch. I'll either find something that's not truly "relaxed" or "loose" or I'll find something that's so loose I'm swimming in them, which isn't the look I'm going for. Not built slim, always been meaty and now with WFH+winter I'm carrying some extra pounds. Any other beefys who can recommend something? 38-40 waist.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2020, 06:42:11 PM »
i would try the vans glide pro chino

Diocletian

« Reply #658 on: December 22, 2020, 07:09:01 PM »
I did and they barely stretch at all. Trying to sell mine, actually.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #659 on: December 22, 2020, 07:32:01 PM »
well shit