Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237464 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2250 on: January 27, 2023, 08:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone here have Dickies cords? Wondering if you have to size up in the waist like their chinos.
[close]

I have 2 pairs of the Frankie Dickies cords, so take my words with a grain of salt in case their regular cords fit differently. Both are 34s, although one is slightly tighter around the waist than the other. Both are a little wider than I would expect a 34 to be though, so I wouldn't size up on those.
[close]

Hmm alright. I actually forgot about the Frankie cords cuz I saw these

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Dickies_Flat_Front_Corduroy_Pant/descpage-DKFFCPT.html

They kinda just look like cord 874s to me but I need brown cords!
[close]

Update: these showed up and they're waaaay too big. Not even too baggy, just big. Could pull them on and off without unfastening them, whereas going a size up on standard Dickies is even a bit snug.

Dickies consisting sizing challenge: level- impossible
[close]

hahaha mine came last night and i really like how they fit honestly.  i wish they were a bit of a darker/richer brown like their standard 874 tho

The actual fit was okay which is why I re-ordered, but even with cranking a belt I would have just felt a bit ridiculous.

The brown is actually perfect for me. I wish they made the 874 in a lighter brown like they do the skate chinos.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2251 on: January 27, 2023, 07:03:21 PM »
What’s the general consensus on 550? Do you order normal size or size up? I’m looking for something to wear to work but also possibly skate in. Levi’s sizing is all over the place for me. I got those Levi’s stay loose jeans in my normal size and they were super tight in the waist and had a wide leg couldn’t even wear them.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #2252 on: January 28, 2023, 01:00:02 AM »
What’s the general consensus on 550? Do you order normal size or size up? I’m looking for something to wear to work but also possibly skate in. Levi’s sizing is all over the place for me. I got those Levi’s stay loose jeans in my normal size and they were super tight in the waist and had a wide leg couldn’t even wear them.

Go tts or an inch or two up in waist. You should try em on at like your local mall tho and see how you like it though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 08:54:55 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2253 on: January 29, 2023, 01:03:42 PM »
Consensus on the huf leisure pant? It was compared to the surf pant, but does anyone have a fit pic with these on so I can get an idea of what to expect? I guess the Theories lounge pant and maybe the Polar Grund chinos as well. In need of some solid pants and I’ve been teetering between these three.

Got to try on some washed black polar 92’s the other day and while they fit perfect on me, the taper was just a bit too much towards the ankles/shoe area. The sizing seemed perfect though and were tts in a 32.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 01:28:55 PM by FGO925 »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #2254 on: January 31, 2023, 05:20:12 AM »
I want to give a little plug for Magenta OG Chino cords.

Made in EU like Polar, but a slightly better fabric (I can’t believe Polar charges that much for such a shitty thin corduroy), nicer features like slightly deeper front pockets, some hidden pockets, triple-stitched crotch, etc), a more tasteful embroidery (for an old man like myself) AND a fair bit cheaper than Polar.
Slightly baggier than 93’s but smaller than Big Boys.

The cuff is maybe a bit too narrow for my liking, but that’s honestly the only complaint. The green cord is lush.

Liked them so much I splurged on 2 pairs. Awesome old man pants. (Which for you youngsters, old-man style is a large part of what we thrifted and made our own in the 90s).

Thank you Magenta.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

skatesum609

« Reply #2255 on: January 31, 2023, 06:19:56 AM »

Made in EU like Polar, but a slightly better fabric (I can’t believe Polar charges that much for such a shitty thin corduroy), nicer features like slightly deeper front pockets, some hidden pockets, triple-stitched crotch, etc), a more tasteful embroidery (for an old man like myself) AND a fair bit cheaper than Polar.

The cuff is maybe a bit too narrow for my liking, but that’s honestly the only complaint. The green cord is lush.

Liked them so much I splurged on 2 pairs. Awesome old man pants. (Which for you youngsters, old-man style is a large part of what we thrifted and made our own in the 90s).

Thank you Magenta.
Thanks for the feedback on these. I’ve been eying them up but wondered about the fit. How tall are you and what size did you get?

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #2256 on: January 31, 2023, 07:13:37 AM »

i buy tts or even size down 1. they stretch out like a MFer and get perfect after IMO. all depends on how you wanna wear em tho

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #2257 on: January 31, 2023, 07:33:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone here have Dickies cords? Wondering if you have to size up in the waist like their chinos.
[close]

I have 2 pairs of the Frankie Dickies cords, so take my words with a grain of salt in case their regular cords fit differently. Both are 34s, although one is slightly tighter around the waist than the other. Both are a little wider than I would expect a 34 to be though, so I wouldn't size up on those.
[close]

I got a pair of dickies cargos that fit like this but granted I did get em like 4 sizes bigger than my actual waist size. I wanna learn how to cinch the waist to my size tho bc they fit perfectly. baggy as fuck w a very very slight taper. I wish 874s fit like them but I understand they're an entirely different cut. after a while 874s shrink too much and are too tight on my ass but then again I bought them like 3 years ago and I gained like 30 pounds since I bought them. been meaning to buy some ben davis gorilla cut pants to replace my 874s tho, what's the consensus on the fit w them?

Hmm alright. I actually forgot about the Frankie cords cuz I saw these

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Dickies_Flat_Front_Corduroy_Pant/descpage-DKFFCPT.html

They kinda just look like cord 874s to me but I need brown cords!
[close]

Update: these showed up and they're waaaay too big. Not even too baggy, just big. Could pull them on and off without unfastening them, whereas going a size up on standard Dickies is even a bit snug.

Dickies consisting sizing challenge: level- impossible

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2258 on: January 31, 2023, 01:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Thank you Magenta.
[close]
Thanks for the feedback on these. I’ve been eying them up but wondered about the fit. How tall are you and what size did you get?

I’m 6 foot, 170 lbs. I like it baggy so I got xl. The waist feels like 35, compared to a 36 93 pant, whose waist feels almost bigger than that

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2259 on: February 02, 2023, 09:21:11 AM »
i've been trying to find a dark brown pair of carhartt b11's for what feels like 2 years now lol.  does anyone know of somewhere that would still carry the older B11 DKB color?

manysnakes

« Reply #2260 on: February 02, 2023, 09:30:03 AM »
i've been trying to find a dark brown pair of carhartt b11's for what feels like 2 years now lol.  does anyone know of somewhere that would still carry the older B11 DKB color?

I don't have any dark brown, but I have some B11s I bought on eBay last year. I'd just start checking used sites.

skatesum609

« Reply #2261 on: February 02, 2023, 09:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thank you Magenta.
[close]
[close]

I’m 6 foot, 170 lbs. I like it baggy so I got xl. The waist feels like 35, compared to a 36 93 pant, whose waist feels almost bigger than that
Thanks man! Where do you find them and how’s the length? I feel like the polar surf pants are a little shorter than I prefer after a wash

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #2262 on: February 02, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »
Just pulled the trigger on some volcom cedar green louie cords since they’ll be gone soon. Hoping they fit well, louie always has great pants

broken USB

« Reply #2263 on: February 03, 2023, 03:19:43 AM »
can anyone point me to a good 5 pocket jean thats loose but not over the top.. and true to size in waist (think polar 93 or carhartt b11 or silvertab baggy)? Ive been eying up the Quasi 101 jeans but if theyre any slimmer than my carhartt dungarees a size up (im 28-29 and wear 30) id be bummed lol.

Im totally over the giant pants from having rocked 32 silvertab baggies lol, i want that loose but clean look. cant seem to have any luck finding size 30 in those anywhere, so im looking for a good replacement to end this gear crisis. thanks yall

seem to have found what i was looking for lol. All i did was google around for a few minutes and came to this brand “powerhouse” that makes a 90’s loose cut jean. not too steep at 80 bucks considering silvertabs are marked the fuck up anyway nowadays. I love this baggy trend circulating rn, cant wait till its over so we can get the ebay deals again lol.

broken USB

« Reply #2264 on: February 03, 2023, 03:20:57 AM »
Just pulled the trigger on some volcom cedar green louie cords since they’ll be gone soon. Hoping they fit well, louie always has great pants

do you know what jeans he wears? Im assuming RVCA but he seems to have the fit on lock. def post update on the cords

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2265 on: February 03, 2023, 06:16:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you know what jeans he wears? Im assuming RVCA but he seems to have the fit on lock. def post update on the cords

I'd assume Volcom? He had his own jean for them as well

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #2266 on: February 03, 2023, 07:31:55 AM »
https://obeyclothing.com/products/fubar-pleated-denim-unisex

not a fan of obey but i found these at simons for a good price. they fit pretty baggy. i sized up from 30 to a 32 tho. after sizing up they fit similar to big boys

they also had a bunch of those green louie cords on discount. idk y i didn’t pick em up lol

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #2267 on: February 03, 2023, 05:59:58 PM »
Anyone have the Butter Goods wide leg pants and can comment on the fit and maybe post a fit pic? Would throw some gnars your way!

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2268 on: February 04, 2023, 02:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thank you Magenta.
[close]
[close]

[close]
Thanks man! Where do you find them and how’s the length? I feel like the polar surf pants are a little shorter than I prefer after a wash

I don’t know what surf pants are like, but the Magentas are just a touch longer that the comparable 93s.

broken USB

« Reply #2269 on: February 04, 2023, 02:54:47 PM »

not a fan of obey but i found these at simons for a good price. they fit pretty baggy. i sized up from 30 to a 32 tho. after sizing up they fit similar to big boys

they also had a bunch of those green louie cords on discount. idk y i didn’t pick em up lol

oh damn as corny as they can be the denim they have is lowkey and looks chill

broken USB

« Reply #2270 on: February 04, 2023, 02:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh damn as corny as they can be the denim they have is lowkey and looks chill
the hardwork denim looks like a 93 alternative... all it takes is a razor to that back patch make them some good jeans lol

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2271 on: February 10, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »
Not an obey fan but they look to have some decent jeans.

These seem like a take on big-boys?

https://obeyclothing.com/products/obey-bigwig-baggy-denim?variant=42800232267954

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2272 on: February 10, 2023, 10:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm currently wearing these cords. I bought them about a week ago. I normally get my pants in size 36 because I like everything a little loose (normally wear 34s) but I ordered these in 34s and I'm really glad I did. They have extra space in the waist so they almost fit like a 35 waist. The legs are the perfect amount of baggy without being too over the top. In terms of length, I'm 6'1 and these rest on my shoes perfectly without needing to cuff them. So I would guess the length is around 31'" give or take. I haven't skated them yet, but I plan on going after work today so I'll provide an update later.

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2273 on: February 10, 2023, 10:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm currently wearing these cords. I bought them about a week ago. I normally get my pants in size 36 because I like everything a little loose (normally wear 34s) but I ordered these in 34s and I'm really glad I did. They have extra space in the waist so they almost fit like a 35 waist. The legs are the perfect amount of baggy without being too over the top. In terms of length, I'm 6'1 and these rest on my shoes perfectly without needing to cuff them. So I would guess the length is around 31'" give or take. I haven't skated them yet, but I plan on going after work today so I'll provide an update later.

I talked to the local and they said volcom plans to keep this pant in the line but rebrand it. Hoping that’s the case cause the fit is good. I hope other colors come out tho

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2274 on: February 10, 2023, 10:51:06 AM »

My Style guide. Unfuckwithable fit

ugly flacko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2275 on: February 10, 2023, 10:57:36 AM »

Yeah I also like Gilbert Crockett's fits

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2276 on: February 10, 2023, 11:08:22 AM »
If you are fancy enough for pleats….Uniqlo is running wide fit pleats…run TTS….

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2277 on: February 10, 2023, 02:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I also like Gilbert Crockett's fits

Crockett is the denim cuff deity

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2278 on: February 21, 2023, 03:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Got them as well.

I'm actually a size 27" or 28" when fitted but wear 30" in most pants for comfort. I ordered these in a 30, but they really fit like a 32. Probably could have/should have gone with a 28 or 29. Fingers crossed, hopefully they'll shrink a bit after I wash them. Length-wise they're not bad. I have relatively short legs (~28" inseam) but these fit OK/stack a bit.

Overall, super comfortable to skate in, great for cold weather, and the quality thus far seems to be fairly high. Only time will tell.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

apbarbs

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2279 on: February 21, 2023, 08:33:44 AM »
If you are fancy enough for pleats….Uniqlo is running wide fit pleats…run TTS….

the uniqlo U line looks good this season - glad to see that they're using pleats/darts - american men seem to have an aversion to these features (e.g. thinking they're 'fancy') - when in reality they're great for adding width/volume to pants