Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237428 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2700 on: November 23, 2023, 08:59:31 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a ton of baggy and baggiest butter goods jeans, but I’ve never taken the time to compare to my big boys.

I can say for certainty that butter goods denim is superior to Polar’s denim.
[close]

damn is it actually? i thought my polar denim / vintage tabs were as thiccc as it gets. ill have to give the butters a shot for real. gonna snipe a black friday deal  >:(

if you don't mind my two cents on polar vs butter goods:

i have a couple pairs of the baggiest/ philly santosuosso butter jeans, also like 3 jeans and 2 cord polar 93s.

i rock the butter jeans size 32, polar 93 in a 34 waist since i like em a little more loose fitting.

denim on the polars is way stiffer and heavier than on the butter jeans.

both shrink a little after a wash even on low temperature but wear in pretty good and feel looser after a while.

32 butter and 34 polar are about the same width.

+ on the butter jeans is the internal waistband.

one of my butter jeans came with so much excess sewing on the inside of the leg that i had to cut a whole bunch out of that but that didn't really make any other problems.

i'd say quality on polars is better/ stronger material on the jeans but sizing seems to vary quite a bit between materials/ jeans washes and on where they are produced: poland vs portugal

hope i didn't ramble / derail too much as i tend to

Gleefull508

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2701 on: November 23, 2023, 10:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really wish companies would have basic measurements on their pants. I like the Passport stuff but the one pair I've tried was absolutely massive in the waist it was a 32 and measured 37 I think, but the length was right.
[close]
Damn this scares me haha I just bought some pass port pants in 32, maybe its a non USA thing because I got some vans pants in spain that said 32 but were wayyy too big
[close]

What colour did you get? I know they had some sizing issues with their first run of blue indigo jeans. I bought a black pair and they fit a lot better.
Theyre the whte trousers, looks like denim although I haven't seen them in person yet. I got em on depop for 30$ so a steal no matter how they fit haha

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2702 on: November 23, 2023, 12:10:10 PM »
wanna pull the trigger on a pair of dancer simple pants but not sure whether they will be loose enough. They're listed as wide straight fit but look quite tight in photos. Anyone have any experience?

sadnocomply

• Rep: 151
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2703 on: November 23, 2023, 02:15:02 PM »
wanna pull the trigger on a pair of dancer simple pants but not sure whether they will be loose enough. They're listed as wide straight fit but look quite tight in photos. Anyone have any experience?
dancer pants are literally grammici pants with a different label. You should just size up and they should be plenty baggy. Belted system at the waist also so nothing to worry about.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2704 on: November 23, 2023, 02:41:05 PM »
I've been finding the Vans baggy tapered "range" pants for cheap the last year, they're solid. They've faded with use, but I'm about to try to use Rit's back to black kit on em. Feels shitty and wasteful to just buy new ones so hopefully it works.

I swear the best loose fitting pants are some old dockers at the thrift store. If you find something a few sizes up in the waist with a 30in inseam, you've got something special.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #2705 on: November 23, 2023, 03:07:33 PM »
I have the Vans Nick Michel loose tapered jean and I quite like them.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2706 on: November 24, 2023, 05:48:31 AM »
I've been finding the Vans baggy tapered "range" pants for cheap the last year, they're solid. They've faded with use, but I'm about to try to use Rit's back to black kit on em. Feels shitty and wasteful to just buy new ones so hopefully it works.

I swear the best loose fitting pants are some old dockers at the thrift store. If you find something a few sizes up in the waist with a 30in inseam, you've got something special.

my surf pants got faded after a year of wear too and i did the dye thing- usually works pretty good. mine looked like new after a wash and dye

also: YES on the dockers comment

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2707 on: November 24, 2023, 06:00:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my surf pants got faded after a year of wear too and i did the dye thing- usually works pretty good. mine looked like new after a wash and dye

also: YES on the dockers comment
I have the green ones and after summer use they're like golden now...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #2708 on: November 24, 2023, 06:16:09 AM »
For people that have had both Butter Goods and Passport, how is the quality of Passport denim? I know that they're from the same distributor, but don't know if it's all made in the same factory. I like Butter Goods sizing/taper but am too old for the embroidery.

slapattack

« Reply #2709 on: November 24, 2023, 07:21:28 AM »
For people that have had both Butter Goods and Passport, how is the quality of Passport denim? I know that they're from the same distributor, but don't know if it's all made in the same factory. I like Butter Goods sizing/taper but am too old for the embroidery.

I have the passport club shorts in brown denim and I would say its nice if not nicer than my Carhartt wip denim. Also has triple stitching which Im a sucker for.

lewisnewton

« Reply #2710 on: November 24, 2023, 02:47:12 PM »
Wrangler Five Star Relaxed Bootcut at Walmart. They have a little stretch and are under $25. Bought two pair love em. I looked stupid as hell in relaxed jeans  from Dickies and Levi but the Wranglers are baggy enough but not crazy.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2711 on: November 24, 2023, 03:32:08 PM »

I really like them, reach for them more than my butter jeans.

If you don't want the embroidery Butter have a new core range of denim in different fits.

skateboardingenthusiast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2712 on: November 26, 2023, 11:06:20 AM »
Carhartt 15oz. heavyweight jeans. Relaxed fit. These things are tanks. I’ve had my pair for 2 years now. They’re really starchy and rigid once you first get them. But after alot of wear and washes, they feel super comfortable and soften up.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2713 on: November 30, 2023, 08:35:06 AM »
https://shop.wkndbrand.com/collections/pants/products/techie-dirtbags-silver
for those trying to get on that Nikolai Piombo drip

slapattack

« Reply #2714 on: December 04, 2023, 04:27:05 PM »
bought the dancer simple pants and the fit kinda sucked. I got an xl hoping for a baggy fit despite being 31 waist and they were straight fit at best. Also the inseam was wicked short so i ended up returning them. Gonna wait for grammici to drop some ripstop baggies hopefully for spring.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #2715 on: December 05, 2023, 03:46:24 PM »
https://shop.wkndbrand.com/collections/pants/products/techie-dirtbags-silver
for those trying to get on that Nikolai Piombo drip
WKND lowkey killing the pant game right now. They also dropped some double knees designed by Sarah Meurle that look really nice and have the perfect measurements.

https://shop.wkndbrand.com/collections/pants/products/damn-near-carpenters-black-2

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2716 on: December 06, 2023, 12:11:26 PM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned here (I searched the thread and got not results) but has anyone tried the CCS baggy jeans or chinos? They have the 20% sale so I'm trying to see if they fit similar to Polar 93s or anything closely related.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2717 on: December 06, 2023, 12:24:26 PM »
Has anyone tried Pangea jeans yet? I'm looking to grab a pair of the street fit joints and worry they won't satiate my desired baggyness.

Was thinking about Televisistar as well, they look like they wouldn't certainly be baggy enough but something about the waistline makes me think twice.

I usually get size 38 or 40 Butter Goods jeans and XL Big Boys for reference.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #2718 on: December 06, 2023, 12:29:13 PM »
Has anyone tried Pangea jeans yet? I'm looking to grab a pair of the street fit joints and worry they won't satiate my desired baggyness.

Was thinking about Televisistar as well, they look like they wouldn't certainly be baggy enough but something about the waistline makes me think twice.

Damn how baggy you trynna get?

I imagine Pangea jeans are baggy enough for most tastes. Size up if you’re unsure.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2719 on: December 06, 2023, 12:39:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn how baggy you trynna get?

I imagine Pangea jeans are baggy enough for most tastes. Size up if you’re unsure.

We aren't talking JNCO territory here but I'm experiencing a weird phenomenon where when I sized up my pants, everything that's less feels and looks like I'm back in '03 wearing side-pippers. I know this is a purely subjective matter, what's baggy or loose for one person may not be for the next person. But objectively I'd probably go to TBP levels of baggy.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2720 on: December 10, 2023, 07:19:48 PM »

I just nabbed a few pairs of the range pants (non-tapered) via the 12-days of xmas vans sale to be a pretty good fit: 195lbs/5'10' 31" waist and I got Medium...which are loose in the waist elastic (but have drawstring) even after a hot wash and hot dry to shrink them down a bit; they're the max I'd want to go (couldn't find the tapered in medium) - solid overall.

gmld

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2721 on: December 12, 2023, 05:52:20 AM »
Hello! Can somebody help me getting the right size on Polar pants? I do have 32/30 for the 93's and i was thinking to get some big Boys, Is there somebody Who has both model and can suggest me the right size?
Also with surf pants, what size you guys get? Thank you

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #2722 on: December 12, 2023, 05:58:59 AM »
Hello! Can somebody help me getting the right size on Polar pants? I do have 32/30 for the 93's and i was thinking to get some big Boys, Is there somebody Who has both model and can suggest me the right size?

i think you should go with size S in big boys, M if you want more room, but S should work

gmld

« Reply #2723 on: December 12, 2023, 09:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think you should go with size S in big boys, M if you want more room, but S should work

Thank you! Do you have both 93's and big Boys? How the longer legs of the big boy feel? Im 170cm height with 7 feet size, with 93's they dont go under the sole in my heel (or maybe not that much which Is good... I dont want to literally walk or skate with pants under the shoes😂)

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 841
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2724 on: December 12, 2023, 09:27:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

also: YES on the dockers commentate
The polar pants will fade especially if you get a few pee drips on them.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2725 on: December 12, 2023, 11:45:38 AM »
I saw some new Polar 93s and holy hell is the quality and design low. Compared to some $29 Uniqlo denim the weight is similar, the cuffs are not stitched straight, the stitching along the inseam isn't straight and even, belt loop placement is a bit weird, and the cut is bizarre. The inseams are not remotely accurate we measured a tagged 32/32 in the shop as a 34.5/30. Levi's has notoriously spotty QC, but they still surpass the quality of the newest Polars I saw. I guess you pay for the fit and pocket logo and Polar does have some cool washes.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2726 on: December 12, 2023, 11:58:32 AM »
I saw some new Polar 93s and holy hell is the quality and design low. Compared to some $29 Uniqlo denim the weight is similar, the cuffs are not stitched straight, the stitching along the inseam isn't straight and even, belt loop placement is a bit weird, and the cut is bizarre. The inseams are not remotely accurate we measured a tagged 32/32 in the shop as a 34.5/30. Levi's has notoriously spotty QC, but they still surpass the quality of the newest Polars I saw. I guess you pay for the fit and pocket logo and Polar does have some cool washes.

Measurements are actually correct for those 93's. Cant speak to the rest of your QC complaints. Every few seasons there is a bad batch it seems like.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #2727 on: December 13, 2023, 03:30:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thank you! Do you have both 93's and big Boys? How the longer legs of the big boy feel? Im 170cm height with 7 feet size, with 93's they dont go under the sole in my heel (or maybe not that much which Is good... I dont want to literally walk or skate with pants under the shoes😂)

i don't have big boys, they're too baggy for my taste, but i work at a shop that sells both and a lot of my friends have both. if you don't want the pant leg to go under your shoe then definitely don't get mediums, smalls will be fine. one of my friends is similar height to you, he wears 32/32 in 93s and big boy size S fits him well, i mean as well as a pair of big boys can fit someone.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2728 on: December 13, 2023, 06:44:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Measurements are actually correct for those 93's. Cant speak to the rest of your QC complaints. Every few seasons there is a bad batch it seems like.

Ya I guess I haven't bought any in a few years but still have a pair of cords and standard denim in my closet. The fit seems different and the bottom of the pant near the cuff is sewn different. Different belt loop placement and deeper pockets.

gmld

« Reply #2729 on: December 13, 2023, 07:07:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i don't have big boys, they're too baggy for my taste, but i work at a shop that sells both and a lot of my friends have both. if you don't want the pant leg to go under your shoe then definitely don't get mediums, smalls will be fine. one of my friends is similar height to you, he wears 32/32 in 93s and big boy size S fits him well, i mean as well as a pair of big boys can fit someone.
Thanks for the Infos, i  dont really know if i Will get big Boys then.
 I do have 2 pairs of 93's ( light Blue and some work 93's) which feels kinda different even if they are the same size (The work black 93 looks like Is 1-2 cm smaller on waist than the light Blue). did you ever notice something like this too?