Author Topic: (serious) What was your awkward goofy stage or stages?  (Read 2019 times)

DarthDingusMaximus

(serious) What was your awkward goofy stage or stages?
« on: January 27, 2020, 04:38:25 PM »
I had 2 phases right around the Girl Mouse and Trilogy came out I totally bit off Mike Carrol even had the goofy ass Plan B brown pants with a ghetto gown to boot totally terrible look and right around 2003 I was enamored with the Ali Boulala Greco rocker gear had a bondage belt too I'd skate in combat boots absolute nightmare when I think about it.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: (serious) What was your awkward goofy stage or stages?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »
I went to the same high school as Corey Duffel, and so many people were trying to bite his shit. After years of tossing my paint-roller-jeans clad carcass down gaps and constantly getting broke off, I came to the realization that skating ledges and transition are more fulfilling to me. I got shit for dressing like him of course (especially in the pants department), but now that everybody is prancing around in skinny jeans I just roll my eyes.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 11:00:45 AM »
Right now, baggy cargos and Etnies czar

Or when I wore slim/fitted jeans.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »
I was in my most pure form from birth to age 10. Didn't give a shit about appearance and most certainly would wear the most whack clothing my parents could afford. I miss those times.

Age 11 made an older friend at church. He skated, I skated, it was cool. Showed me Fulfill The Dream and tought me how to talk to girls. Also, unfortunately, influenced me to dress like Peter Smolik (White Kiston 1's, massive blue jeans and tight black t-shirts) and spike my hair. Woof, I hope those pictures never see the light of day.

Age 13-14 I went through the spiked hair and pooka shell phase. Woof.

15-17 Was my PJ Ladd, black accels, blue jeans and blank t-shirts. Started growing out my hair which would eventually go to my shoulders. Chicks dug it, it was a thing in the early 2000's.

18-20 Was my Fully Flared phase. Brown cords, black shirts, lakai manchesters.

21-24ish, I got a job selling suits at a mall and that really fucked my kits up for a bit. Wore polo shirts, khakis and boat shoes for a hot minute. I look 10 years older then than I do now in those pictures. Crew cut, the whole shit. Then got a job in hotel AV and threw some suits/dress shirts into that mix. I was on an unhealthy regiment of Xanax, tequila sunrises and really started to not give a shit about

24-now (31), when I started working for trendy tech companies. My closet consists of the following (rigorously maintained inventory):
-Jeans, either black or blue
-tshirts, either black or green
-the basics
-a suit

I love you, Marie Condo.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »
my entire life

Yu Dum

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 12:17:51 PM »

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 01:00:43 PM »
let's be real, who amongst us did not cinch up their cargo pants when the muska blew up with those silhouette shortys boards?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »
I went to the same high school as Corey Duffel, and so many people were trying to bite his shit. After years of tossing my paint-roller-jeans clad carcass down gaps and constantly getting broke off, I came to the realization that skating ledges and transition are more fulfilling to me. I got shit for dressing like him of course (especially in the pants department), but now that everybody is prancing around in skinny jeans I just roll my eyes.

I had a "Duffel" phase, but in truth I mostly just wanted to dress like Joey Ramone lol. I don't regret it that much but goddamn did the pants get tight.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 01:52:59 PM »
Kr3w pants +  authentic vans 

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 03:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a "Duffel" phase, but in truth I mostly just wanted to dress like Joey Ramone lol. I don't regret it that much but goddamn did the pants get tight.

I had a Ramones phase, but this was mid 2000's in the Chicago area which meant I looked so out of place compared to everyone else at my school. I'm not too embarrassed by it, especially compared to the emo/pop punk trends of that time.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1505
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2020, 07:58:32 AM »
I'm still in it. Let you know when it's over.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 08:02:18 AM »
Kr3w pants +  authentic vans
This.......

even after the whole Boulala Greco shit era I still wore Krew jeans AR's  I think it was when I quit drugs 2007ish?! My fat ass was like I'm over squeezing into some jeans.

I'd rather wear Carhartt or Dickies with a blank pocket T easy simple they last for a longtime and plus they've got many colors, I thought I'd never wear colors albeit edgy black on black blah blah blah nope I like earth tones if that makes sense. So now my closet consists of medical smocks Dickies and Carhartts all colors with pocket T's and the occasional skate shirt. I gave a bunch of shit away to a local park cleaned of course but I didn't know how they'd take donated clothing but turns out people will rock anything that's free.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 08:07:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think in our delusional mind we started filling in those grape smuggling sidepipe pants, as I got clean and quit smoking cigs you gain 15+ lbs only way to keep that wieght off is to be ever vigilant  which lets be honest is damn near impossible.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 08:09:04 AM »
let's be real, who amongst us did not cinch up their cargo pants when the muska blew up with those silhouette shortys boards?
Or roll up one leg to exaggerate how look you were when landing a mean tail slide or nose slide.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 09:43:40 AM »
14-17 Was Heath days, dickies and blank dark shirts. Sight Unseen

End of 17-20ish was the baker days krew jeans and white tees until they disintegrated.

Early 20's (now 33) I had about a year of the Cole phase with a lot of fallen and black hair.

After that from 22-current Back to Dickies and t shirts. I have a few pair of expensive denim I pull out to dress up
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 11:38:31 AM »

End of 17-20ish was the baker days krew jeans and white tees until they disintegrated.

Early 20's (now 33) I had about a year of the Cole phase with a lot of fallen and black hair.

After that from 22-current Back to Dickies and t shirts. I have a few pair of expensive denim I pull out to dress up

Bro... I also did a Cole, had yellow-ish hair for a second. It looked like shit...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3413
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 12:01:19 PM »
In all seriousness, my horribly awkward stage was when I was 18 and just came out as gay. I was kind-of desperate to find a peer group and so I started dressing all queeny and trying to act like a camp queer so I could make friends. It was horrible.

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »
Wearing a bandana trying to look like Shane cross, or wearing the fattest shoes I could find and if they weren’t fat enough I’d tuck an extra sock in there. Cringing now

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 03:43:09 PM »
In all seriousness, my horribly awkward stage was when I was 18 and just came out as gay. I was kind-of desperate to find a peer group and so I started dressing all queeny and trying to act like a camp queer so I could make friends. It was horrible.
Camp Queer, I’m confused?  Are you wearing  A&F or LL Bean? Or is there some other lingo I’m missing?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
Wearing a bandana trying to look like Shane cross, or wearing the fattest shoes I could find and if they weren’t fat enough I’d tuck an extra sock in there. Cringing now
The bandana with the flipped up hat like a suicidal cholo was also a iffy phase I had.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 11:13:22 PM »
Went from dressing like everyone until 14 or 15. Then I got dumped and found Dylan. Started cuffing my pants and trying to learn impossibles.

I’m 23 and still cuff my pants but, now I wear shorts and crew socks and a s/s button up. But with a bit more confidence. But still no impossibles.

Can’t wait for a few years until I look back and cringe.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 05:22:04 AM »
96-97 everything was basketball singlets over t shirts in Reading and Henley.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2020, 06:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bro... I also did a Cole, had yellow-ish hair for a second. It looked like shit...

Definitely footage I look back on like "why the fuck did no one tell me how stupid I look?"
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 07:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Definitely footage I look back on like "why the fuck did no one tell me how stupid I look?"
A buddy of mine whom was a peer to me when he skated clowned on me hard when I had the whole street punk look.

like dude what the fuck are you doing?!  I mean your skating is good but your kit is fucked.

When called out I was a bit bummed and mad I think it was my ego that got the best of me.

I totally get that perspective hey man you are great at skating but as a filmer you want the skills to shine more then your gear results vary albeit Kevin Stabb, Ritchie Jackson, you want to be recognized for more then being a flashy kook.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 02:16:20 AM »
i got stuck in the rocker kit for longer than most. definitely thought i was gonna be a rockstar when i was 17 - dangly earring, motley crue hair, the works. so bad haha
I toned it down in my mid 20s but couldnt completely let it go

a few years ago i shaved my head  & moved out of the city.
I find my self just buying shit thats comfy and durable now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:55:58 AM by WobbleHeadBob »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -261
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 02:49:41 AM »
I definitely went through a weird skate/punk phase.. skinny jeans, red emerica shirts etc. It’s funny as fuck to me now, people that are all “Oh what was I thinking” in a series way need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2020, 05:10:04 AM »
I had a friend gift me with a pair of already-enormous Circa CM901’s that were a solid 3 sizes too big for me.  I was so desperate to wear a “real skate shoe” that I would put on four pairs of socks and lace them as tightly as the laws of the physical universe would allow to somehow make it work. 

It was like walking around in a pair of lead diving boots.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 06:08:11 AM »
Daveeeeed Gonzalez is permanently stuck in 2003. 
This video is so bad I want to roast it so bad, I just cant watch past 15 secs.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 07:16:28 AM »
There are so many bad bands already, why start another one, Daveeeed?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2020, 10:05:37 AM »
Early 20s going out to the bar used to be like an ironic
 fashion show for me. I don't know what the hell I was thinking with these fits besides "please look at me!" Something I would've worn would've been like a tuxedo t-shirt, green gambling visor, board shorts, and my white pref leather Supra slip ons with the Cuban link chain on them. It was that or is wear all black with a shirt that had some kind of edgy graphic and stand around like I was too cool for everything. Very hipster.