Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49418 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2020, 06:49:52 AM »
Anti-Hero Black Widow, it’s 8.5” but skates like 8”. Felt too dangerous to skate.

Please elaborate? Was it the length? WB?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2020, 06:51:20 AM »
maybe my deck too, it's a quasi board. it just doesn't feel right, maybe it's too flat. it's kinda hard to pop for some reason, feels really sluggish. been thinking about retiring it prematurely but have only skated it 3 times. might just need to get used to it.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2020, 06:57:19 AM »
2 sets of spits when I already have 1 on ice lol
Maybe not a bad idea. I was looking at every online shop for formula fours last night. It’s a bunch of weird shapes and sizes. Amazon has some but almost 50 fucking dollars. I just want some 99 52 conicals or maybe fulls again. But I spent my fun money on a much more needed deck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 07:07:15 AM »
maybe my deck too, it's a quasi board. it just doesn't feel right, maybe it's too flat. it's kinda hard to pop for some reason, feels really sluggish. been thinking about retiring it prematurely but have only skated it 3 times. might just need to get used to it.

Same here. I got an Real Ishod 8.38 Twin Tail because I wanted to size up my boards and see if the twin tails was worth the hype. Not been liking the board much at all. Lost my kickflips since I usually pop them with my nose. 8.38 feels too unwieldy for flips. And the damn WB is unmanageable. Went from Thunder 148 Titaniums which was giving me ghost pop, to Indy 144 which slide better but make the nose feel too light.

I've only skated it for 3 weeks and I already want to retire it. It would still make an excellent wall hanger though.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2020, 07:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ventures
[close]
[close]
cant leave us hanging like this...without giving the WHY

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2020, 07:18:42 AM »
Anti-Hero Black Widow, it’s 8.5” but skates like 8”. Felt too dangerous to skate.
appropriately named then
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2020, 07:23:59 AM »

Almost bought this board after you posted it in the setup thread because that combo was hot. But yeah, seeing it in person (along with the Cromer football) it looks so tiny.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2020, 07:25:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Almost bought this board after you posted it in the setup thread because that combo was hot. But yeah, seeing it in person (along with the Cromer football) it looks so tiny.

Not tiny enough.
I’d say it rides more 8.25 ish.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2020, 07:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote
2 sets of spits when I already have 1 on ice lol
[close]
Maybe not a bad idea. I was looking at every online shop for formula fours last night. It’s a bunch of weird shapes and sizes. Amazon has some but almost 50 fucking dollars. I just want some 99 52 conicals or maybe fulls again. But I spent my fun money on a much more needed deck.
Stocking on F4 is never a bad idea
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2020, 09:28:51 AM »
GX1000 board by PS Stix with square-ish nose and tail. 8.25 by about 32

In 21 years of skateboarding, I have never had a board I couldn’t skate.... ‘till i got this.

I usually ride Chapman and South Central boards (with the occasional BBS), so I like my boards stiff. This had no stiffness whatsoever, board felt soggy as hell as if it was a few months old. I have old used boards that are way stiffer. Comically short nose and tail, I literally couldn’t do anything on it. Skated it about an hour and a half, it’s been in my tool shed for about a year, and I won’t set it up again. Squared shapes aren’t for me I guess.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:31:04 AM by TheBoognish »

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2020, 11:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here. I got an Real Ishod 8.38 Twin Tail because I wanted to size up my boards and see if the twin tails was worth the hype. Not been liking the board much at all. Lost my kickflips since I usually pop them with my nose. 8.38 feels too unwieldy for flips. And the damn WB is unmanageable. Went from Thunder 148 Titaniums which was giving me ghost pop, to Indy 144 which slide better but make the nose feel too light.

I've only skated it for 3 weeks and I already want to retire it. It would still make an excellent wall hanger though.

I've skated a similar sized krooked full shape and IMO, the width isn't the problem. I thought  it was at first but both the twin tail and the full shape dlx boards have too long of a wheelbase unless it's their se models.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »
Dc infinite shoes. Claimed to be half cup half vulc, it's all vulc to me. They feel super thin almost like bowling shoes and even though the insoles are super soft to walk around and wear, they don't actually protect from impact and all. Seriously. My heel hurt after I bailed a fucking shuvit. Not even popped, just a shuvit.

I was so hyped on the toecap :(

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've skated a similar sized krooked full shape and IMO, the width isn't the problem. I thought  it was at first but both the twin tail and the full shape dlx boards have too long of a wheelbase unless it's their se models.

The 8.3 x 31.9 TT is the DLX 14.38"WB - nowhere near as unwieldy as the FULL editions.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2020, 12:27:16 PM »
Cons Weapon shoe size 10.5
I went half a size down; for the typical cons sizing issues and it ended up being true to size and just too tight/short for my toes for me. They are the only shoe over ever kept in a box in my closet brand new.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

freeclout

• Rep: -2
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2020, 01:02:17 PM »
I was wanting to try some ti trucks on my 8.25 and have always ridden ventures. Ended up getting thunders. Took a lot of messing with bushings to get them feeling right and a week later venture announce the new 5.6 ti. Dammit!

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2020, 01:12:56 PM »
Was only like 6 bucks but aftermarket Indy bushings. More of a waste of time and a couple sessions but I felt no difference in the quality of either of them. Picked up some red doh dohs and haven't looked back.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2020, 03:30:05 PM »
This was a bit ago (thankfully) but I got the ugly ass Na-Kel colorway for the 3st.002s and I honestly kinda liked the shoe design and they lasted forever but they were maybe the worst shoe I've ever owned to look down at and pretty much all the clips I got in em feel like ass because of how truly fucking ugly they were.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 05:04:59 PM »
Cons Weapon shoe size 10.5
I went half a size down; for the typical cons sizing issues and it ended up being true to size and just too tight/short for my toes for me. They are the only shoe over ever kept in a box in my closet brand new.

That shoe was dope tho. Loved it. Cons also had this mid right when they launched the skate stuff that was so good for me

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 06:13:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The 8.3 x 31.9 TT is the DLX 14.38"WB - nowhere near as unwieldy as the FULL editions.

Yup this is the one, I got 2 more Real Kyle Walker boards (8.18 x 31.85 x 14.38) that I'm hesitating to setup. Strangely my previous Busenitz board (8.06 x 31.8 x 14.38) felt a lot more manageable despite having a similar WB when paired with Thunder Titanium 148.

Why are the FULL models unwieldy? Nose and tail too blunt?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »
Anyone in the Boston area who doesn't want their new ventures I definitely am down grab them off you next first of the month. Same goes for anyone with aces they don't like.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2020, 07:27:05 PM »

Skated this shape recently and loved it once I got used to it. To each his own.

Avon

• Rep: -2
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
fuck...where do i begin...but on more recent purchases:

OJ Super Juice wheels - thought i'd cruise around...now i realise, i dont cruise, i get 3 nights a week to skate for a couple of hours...aint no cruising going on!

Emerica Wino Baekkel slip on shoes - comfortable and skate ok, but look horrible. I'm wearing them to use them up, but never feel good about wearing them

Ditto on the Super Juice Wheels. Got a wild hair up my ass one day thinking I would cruise a bunch. Have rode them once. Will probably put them on ebay

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2020, 12:39:36 AM »
This was a bit ago (thankfully) but I got the ugly ass Na-Kel colorway for the 3st.002s and I honestly kinda liked the shoe design and they lasted forever but they were maybe the worst shoe I've ever owned to look down at and pretty much all the clips I got in em feel like ass because of how truly fucking ugly they were.

You are talking about that white & green 3st.003, right? These were not really talked about on here and i thought that was weird because usually when such a turd gets released they get smashed on here. Might have missed it though. Picture for reference:

I bought a Dime 6 Panel and it bulges on the forehead so it looks like shit. Usually their quality is top notch but this cap fucking sucks...

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2020, 06:06:34 AM »
Been a minute but the absurdly long Quasi I got last summer. Hated absolutely everything about it. Started sizing back down and haven’t bought a PS since. I’ll buy a Justin Henry pro model whenever that happens though.

Is that the 8.5 deck that's like 33 inches?

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2020, 10:25:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Been a minute but the absurdly long Quasi I got last summer. Hated absolutely everything about it. Started sizing back down and haven’t bought a PS since. I’ll buy a Justin Henry pro model whenever that happens though.
[close]

Mine was 8.625, but yeah. I’ve seen both widths with that length I think. WB was 14.5+. Just an absolute boat.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2020, 11:18:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mine was 8.625, but yeah. I’ve seen both widths with that length I think. WB was 14.5+. Just an absolute boat.

I honestly regret the number of Quasi boards that I had to skate before I realized that they're not for me. Haven't skated one for like 2 years, but that is probably the last skate purchase that I regretted.

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 11:20:28 AM »

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2020, 12:39:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yup this is the one, I got 2 more Real Kyle Walker boards (8.18 x 31.85 x 14.38) that I'm hesitating to setup. Strangely my previous Busenitz board (8.06 x 31.8 x 14.38) felt a lot more manageable despite having a similar WB when paired with Thunder Titanium 148.

Why are the FULL models unwieldy? Nose and tail too blunt?

I will buy those 8.18 x 31.85's off of you

That's my shape

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are talking about that white & green 3st.003, right? These were not really talked about on here and i thought that was weird because usually when such a turd gets released they get smashed on here. Might have missed it though. Picture for reference:

Nah those are 003's, Nak also had a 002 colorway (dunno why they keep giving this scrub colorways since he has ass taste). These are the hideous things I got. Mind you I got them on a serious, serious discount.. I think they ended up being like $35 from Active or CCS on what seemed like almost a mistake discount
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:41:25 PM by rosemaryBB »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2020, 03:47:53 PM »
Fallen Easys

Anti Hero 8.28X31.6x14.1 WB" (just didn't work out - still trying to find the right combination; currently Ventures/Radial Slims