Author Topic: Say something honest..  (Read 54471 times)

bugtown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
Re: Say something honest..
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2020, 08:37:27 AM »
I can't get out to skate cause I'm depressed. And I'm depressed because I'm not skating.

I decided against bringing my board home for an extended stay with family to try get into a better place. I regret it but at the same time happy I'm not out skating a shitty spot with shitty people — while also realising that negative thought is from not going out to skate.

When I was younger and quite lost, I stayed out of depression by pretending to go to college but instead just going for a skate with whoever was around.

I got out of bad break up blues by picking up the board and VX and doing something productive.

I've been cool guyed maybe too much in my new location, where language is also a barrier. I've deprived myself of exercise and being involved with one of my only passions just to please my social anxiety.

But I know recognising depression is the first step, along with seeking professional help. I'm making big progress and hoping this year can really turn around for me.

But unfortunately when I look at my board and consider going out... Such an overwhelming compulsion to retreat takes over.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 08:44:33 AM »
It takes a lot of internal effort, but it ultimately it feels more rewarding to be nice to the little kids at the skatepark vs. just scowling at them.

But some of them deserve the scowl.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2020, 08:48:54 AM »
I've been skating 35 years, and do not know where a single clip of me can be found, except an old shop video. I'm both proud and sad about this at the same time. 

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2020, 08:56:21 AM »
I don't care about board graphics. I'm just gonna slide it off anyways. I don't get why people care so much about them.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
I still hate myself in 10yrs of skating bcs i can’t do a bs lipslide
You can just act like you're gonna go for a bs Smith and just overturn into it.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2020, 09:09:05 AM »
This thread was handmade for some cheetah talk:

1. I enjoy skating a park for like 30 minutes to an hour goofing around carving the park and doing weird hand gestures/look like some random crazy guy who skates so no one assumes my skill level. Then I proceed to flip the LeBron switch and go full out cheetah mode. I especially love to make people wonder by some of my techniques how crazy this guy is, which is even more enjoyable.

2. All skate shoes are shit except for Vans performance wise(aesthetically Vans ain’t the best), and converse are the most dogwater of all skate shoes.

3. Street skating is fairly boring now since there are no new tricks being circulated, hence why && and winkowski are so refreshing.

4. && is the undisputed goat, and there’s no argument you could make where you could have me believe it’s Ishod or Grant. I’ve seen all of em, trust me just cuz he’s goofy doesn’t mean he’s objectively less talented then those guys.

5. Maurio McCoy is the most underrated skateboarder on the planet for traditional street.

6. Collectively Skate IQ needs to be raised to ensure the betterment of skating across the world.

7. Skaters need to learn how to skate everything again, even slalom, or what is known as shalom in these parts. Shit cheetah can rip some shalom straight up.
i really wanna derail this thread and argue with cheater about &&.

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2020, 09:10:19 AM »
Best thread ever....... Most of you are a bunch of pussies. Later

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2020, 09:13:50 AM »
Best thread ever....... Most of you are a bunch of pussies. Later

username checks out

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2020, 09:18:11 AM »
the chief is a kook, but i find the boss to be a bigger more low key kook.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
1. This year I've progressed more in my own skating in 2 months than I have in 5 years. Just basic tricks, but I've never felt more confident on my board. I've been skating at least twice a week whether by myself or with the local guys.

2. I miss my 2 best friends I used to skate with. I either have to travel to Houston, TX or the other side of my state to see them but they always pushed me to do more with my skating.

3. I've been scared of doing heelflips since I rolled my ankle and it takes over 30 tries to land one. My kickflips are also shit but that's because of bad habits that are hard as shit to break.

4. I've come to appreciate skateboarding a lot more after my surgery and going to college for so fucking long. I have 2 classes to go but I have a whole year to take advantage of my hometown spots and park and I plan on it.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2020, 09:29:07 AM »
Been skating 21 years and can’t pop shove-it because I learned varial flips first. My back foot is conditioned for varial/360 flips.

I have landed more hardflips than pop shove-its and I haven’t landed a hardflip since AWS Mindfield days.

I also can’t backlip, I stomp my board and snap it the second I try it.

Also, closest I ever got to sponsorship was shop flow about a year and a half. I shot exactly 2 tricks on film in that period. I fucking hate filming.

I like to skate alone or with two or three friends, I hate big sessions.

I like jiu-jitsu more than skateboarding now because I can’t skate like I used to.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:37 AM »
I love skateboarding as much as I hate it - paradox of pure freedom and one giant wack fucking ESPN commercial.

The world is a nefarious place. Trust no one and nothing but instinct, family and all. Keep your circle small.

Safe spaces create weakness. At the end of the day, there's no such thing, and the belief only encourage hippie fallacies.

Religions are dumb as fuck. Old, new - all of them. The only "God" I know is nature and life itself. Math within creation.

Treat every living creature as a brother and sister. Be polite to service workers, no one wants to do that shit - they're the real heros.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2020, 10:04:44 AM »
I watched a mutual friend smoke another friends pubic hair when I was 14

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »
I have an 11" penis. There, I said it. Do your worst, boys.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:39 AM »
I watched a mutual friend smoke another friends pubic hair when I was 14
Hahaha. Back in high school on this one kid's birthday, everyone donated a few pubes and rolled an L for him, about 60-40. They watched him smoke the whole thing.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2020, 10:16:26 AM »
I hate that I see kids wearing: Converse, Nike's, New Balance, and Adidas all the time now. I have really only worn: Vans and Emerica's (I think my Mom bought me a pair of Globe's one Christmas). I'm not the guy who always preaches about being core..but seeing the three stripes or the swoop makes me hate you

I'm all for skaters riding for these bigger brands to make money, and I totally get that Vans is a bigger brand...but in my book they get a pass because they were the first legit skate shoe

Edit: Also I hate the gut reaction of... oh well my Nike's are just so comfortable. We know that's total crap because my Vans Era's feel fine. Don't be so comfortable all the time for that matter and learn to get used to some of the discomfort of life
Vans are owned by VF Corp. You may as well be wearing Timberland or Nautica. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is the thread for honesty.
https://www.vfc.com/brands
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2020, 10:23:12 AM »
this isnt a "make shit up" thread GAY, were all pouring our hearts out right now. fall in line.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2020, 10:25:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this isnt a "make shit up" thread GAY, were all pouring our hearts out right now. fall in line.

Ah fuck man I accidentally typed two 1's. It's 1" penis. I have a 1" penis.

Fre$HPrince

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2020, 10:25:19 AM »
I lost a finger a few years ago in an accident on the job and I don’t miss it. Jerking off got way better and my bowling went up to 190

doublesteveburger

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2020, 10:28:39 AM »
I had more fun skateboarding when I was on drugs.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2020, 10:30:04 AM »
I passed out half way through watching Parasite but tell people that I loved it

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2020, 10:30:57 AM »
GAY thank jah I wasn't drinking my coffee just then. You got me good.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2020, 10:31:10 AM »
I don't really like impossibles, i feel like a small percentage of them are done with a proper wrap and landed bolts.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2020, 10:31:54 AM »
I don't really like impossibles, i feel like a small percentage of them are done with a proper wrap and landed bolts.

this is very true

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2020, 10:33:37 AM »
I almost gave a blowjob once to a young trans lad off Grindr , but it was the ugliest dick I’ve ever seen, like she had a stretched out foreskin with a bump and a bend on it. Settled for giving a handjob out of pity and busted them in a minute and dropped them back off at their house 2 minutes later. Not my proudest moment but confirmed my theory of guys being able to give better handjobs 🤷🏿

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2020, 10:39:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ah fuck man I accidentally typed two 1's. It's 1" penis. I have a 1" penis.
maybe you should keep telling everyone its 11". most people probably wont check the facts on that.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
I really really dont give a fuck about cardiel or busenitz

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »
I totally get that Vans is a bigger brand.

you know that vans was originally marketed as a boating shoe ? And only got into skating because they realized skaters liked them ? Also they are owned the VF corporation which last time I checked isn't a skater. Therefore vans is no worse or better than any other corporate shoe brand.

Obscura

• Rep: 12
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2020, 10:46:15 AM »
My best friend died almost exactly 6 years ago to the day, and I haven't really skated since.

I think as we got older (late 30's), I only kept skating because it's what we always did together since we were 12.

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2020, 10:50:09 AM »
I dont care for manuals after gap or ledge tricks